Viking Pride Review and Specifications
Specifications of Viking Pride
|Year built||2001 / Age : 19|
|Builder||Royal IHC Merwede Shipyards (Hardinxveld-Giessendam, Holland)|
|Operator||Viking River Cruises|
|Speed||12 kn / 22 kph / 14 mph|
|Length (LOA)||114 m / 374 ft|
|Beam (width)||11 m / 36 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||5000 gt|
|Passengers||75 - 150|
|Decks with cabins||3|
|Christened by||Karin Hildebrand|
Review of Viking Pride
MS Viking Pride boat cruises on Seine River, departing from Paris France. Viking Pride is the 3rd of all four "old design" Viking River Cruises France ships, which sisters are Viking Neptune (now Verdi), MS Viking Spirit and Viking Europe (now Carmen). Launched in 2001, these riverboats set the highest bar for river cruising in Europe introducing modern-designed public areas and wraparound Promenade Decks areas. Each boat accommodates 150 passengers in spacious staterooms.
Onboard the ship, you will find 75 outside staterooms (12 Standard and 63 Deluxe), a library and boutique. Benefit from the free wireless internet service shipwide.
Cabins Types/Categories (number, location), high to low
- Suites - none
- Balcony Staterooms - none
- French Balcony Staterooms - none
- RiverView Staterooms (Picture Window) - Standard (12x E, deck1), and Deluxe - 22x A (deck3), 25x B (deck2), 8x C (deck2) and 8x D (deck2).
See the magnificent scenery of Europe while sunbathing on the Sun deck with shaded sitting area and 360-deg. views. Enjoy the cosy Pride Restaurant (dining room), and Observation Lounge with panoramic windows. Other facilities include Pride Atrium (lobby), Library, Shop (gifts, souvenirs), top-deck (shaded seating relaxation/observation area).
Viking Pride cruise deals are inclusive of Internet (Wi-Fi), all France tours/excursions and land transfers, live evening entertainment, daily lecturers, food and wine tastings, 24-hour coffee/tea, replenished daily bottled water.
Viking Pride river cruise prices are per person and based on double occupancy. These are only indicative of Viking cruise rates. They might be different when you book your Viking River Cruises France cruise tour deals, influenced by travel agency promotions, special offers and discounts, group travel booking or last-minute deals rates. On some Viking Pride's Seine cruise tours, the line offers round-trip USA airfare discount deals (on select cabins or itineraries/dates).
River Cruise Itineraries
Follows the list of Viking Pride river cruise itineraries as themes, officially announced by the Viking Cruises line:
- "PARIS and THE HEART OF NORMANDY" are 7-days Seine river cruises from Paris (round-trip). These deals are inclusive of 6 complimentary land tours/excursions.
- Day 2 - half-day long Paris bus tour
- Day 3 - Vernon, short coach travel to Giverny (gardens, Claude Monet farmhouse).
- Day 4 - scenic Normandy river cruise to Rouen (overnight dock)
- Day 5 - full-day long Normandy Beaches tour (WWII-themed, visiting American Military Cemetery, D-Day Museum)
- Day 6 - Les Andelys (Chateau Gaillard castle tour), evening arrival in Conflans (overnight dock)
- Day 7 - Conflans walk tour, with optional tour to Versailles Palace, afternoon Seine cruise to Paris
- Day 8 - disembarkation, with an optional 3-night Paris luxury hotel package.
- Note: "Cruising Only" deals are the 5-day Paris roundtrip itinerary.
Next is shown an exemplary itinerary with port dates:
- 6-day round-trip to Europe-s & Cruises from Paris - Mon Dec 07 (Paris, departing), Tue Dec 08 (Vernon), Wed Dec 09 (Rouen), Thu Dec 10 (Normandy Beaches), Fri Dec 11 (Les Andelys), Sat Dec 12 (Conflans-Sainte-Honorine), Sun Dec 13 (Paris, arrive).
Note: You can see the CruiseMapper's list of all river cruise ships and riverboats in the "itinerary" section of our River Cruises hub. All companies and their fleets are listed there.
Viking Pride - user reviews and comments
Other River Cruises cruise ships
Viking Pride Wiki
To/from Viking Pride boat transfers and airport meet&greet services are included in the fares only when airfares are purchased through the Viking cruise line.
The Viking cruise ship Pride was launched in 2001. It was christened by Mrs Karin Hildebrand - wife of Klaus Hildebrand (co-founder, largest shareholder and CEO of "Premicon AG", funds management and investment services company, the owner of the German river cruise lines "Transocean" and "Premicon", also of container shipping, real estates and other businesses). The ship’s christening ceremony was held at the Merwede Shipyard (Hardinxveld-Griessendam, Southern Holland).
Viking Pride User Reviews
There are no user reviews for this ship. Be first, share your experience!Write a Review