Arosa Riva Review and Specifications
Specifications of Arosa Riva
|Year built||2004 / Age : 14|
|Builder||Neptun Werft GmbH (Germany)|
|Owner||A-ROSA Flussschiff GmbH|
|Length (LOA)||125 m / 410 ft|
|Beam (width)||11 m / 36 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||3550 gt|
|Passengers||100 - 245|
|Decks with cabins||3|
Review of Arosa Riva
The Arosa Riva boat cruises on Danube River leaving from Austria and Germany.
A-Rosa Riva belongs to the fleet of A-Rosa Cruises, with home port Rostock, Germany. She was launched on April 17, 2003. All included in prices are the gratuities, shore excursions, specialty beverages and cocktails. Sister ships are the A-Rosa named Donna, Mia and Bella. The Riva offers 100 outer cabins in 4 categories, featuring a juliette or panoramic balcony. Inside cabins you'll find simple, but elegant furnishings, air conditioning and television.
A-Rosa Riva ship features one restaurant, two bars, two lounges and biosauna, Finnish sauna, and resting area - plenty of space for relaxation, but also for well-being and fitness. On the Sun deck there is an outdoor pool, shuffleboard and putting green. Because of size restrictions concerning the Main-Danube Canal (max vessel width is 11, 4 m), Arosa Riva was delivered not via the traditional route “North Sea-Baltic Canal-Wadden Sea-Rhine”, but via the Black Sea. The river ship was loaded on pontoons and towed to Constanta, Romania.
A-Rosa Riva river cruise prices are per person and based on double occupancy. These are only indicative A-Rosa cruise rates. They might be different when you book your Arosa Riva cruisetour deals (all-inclusive), influenced by travel agency promotions, special offers and discounts, group travel booking or last-minute deals rates.
RIver Cruise Itineraries
- "DANUBE CLASSICS" - 7-days river cruise from Passau to Budapest (round-trip, starting with the Vienna overnight stay). It visits Esztergom, Budapest (overnight stay), Bratislava, Krems, melk and Passau.
- "DANUBE HIGHLIGHTS" - 5-days round-trip cruise from Passau to Budapest, not stopping in Esztergom, Hungary. The shortest/cheapest Arosa deals are on 4-days "mini" offers on sailings from Passau to Austria alone.
The Arosa Riva itinerary program includes the following voyages leaving from Germany and Austria:
- 3-day (Danube cruise Germany to Austria) round-trip from Passau to Wachau Valley, Vienna, Wachau Valley, Krems, Melk, ending in Passau
- 4-day (Danube River cruise Germany to Austria) round-trip from Passau to Vienna (overnight), Linz, ending in Passau
- 4-day (Danube cruise Germany to Austria) round-trip from Passau to Wachau Valley, Vienna (overnight), Linz, ending in Passau
- 4-day (Danube cruise Germany to Austria) round-trip from Passau to Melk, Vienna (overnight), Durnstein, ending in Passau
- 5-day (Danube cruise Germany to Austria, Hungary, Slovakia) round-trip from Passau to Vienna, Budapest, Bratislava, Krems, Wachau Valley, Melk, ending in Passau
- 7-day (Danube cruise Germany to Slovakia, Hungary, Austria) round-trip from Passau to Bratislava, Budapest (overnight), Esztergom, Vienna (overnight), Krems, Melk, ending in Passau
- 7-day (Danube cruise Germany to Austria, Slovakia, Hungary) round-trip from Passau to Durnstein, Bratislava, Budapest, Vienna, Melk, Vienna, Linz, ending in Passau
- 3-day (Danube River cruise in Austria) round-trip from Engelhartszell to Wachau Valley, Vienna, Krems, Wachau Valley, Melk, ending in Engelhartszell
- 4-day (Danube cruise in Austria) round-trip from Engelhartszell to Vienna (overnight), Linz, ending in Engelhartszell
- 4-day (Danube cruise in Austria) round-trip from Engelhartszell to Wachau Valley, Vienna (overnight), Linz, ending in Engelhartszell
- 4-day (Danube cruise Austria to Hungary and Slovakia) round-trip from Engelhartszell to Vienna, Budapest, Bratislava, Krems, Wachau Valley, Melk, ending in Engelhartszell
- 4-day (Danube cruise Austria to Hungary, Slovakia) round-trip from Engelhartszell to Vienna, Budapest, Bratislava, Krems, Wachau Valley, Melk, ending in Engelhartszell
- 5-day (Danube cruise Austria and Slovakia) round-trip from Engelhartszell to Melk, Wachau Valley, Vienna (2 overnights), Bratislava, ending in Engelhartszell
River cruise itinerary ports
Follows the list of Arosa Cruises itinerary ports of call and the visited countries by the Riva riverboat:
- Germany – Passau, Munich
- Austria – Vienna, Linz, Melk, Krems, Wachau Valley, Engelhartszell
- Hungary – Esztergom, Budapest
- Slovakia – Bratislava
ARosa Riva river cruise tours ashore are usually themed as "food and wine", culture and history excursions (visiting museums and architecture, old town touring and sightseeing), with optional sports and leisure activities.
Arosa Riva wiki
- Cabin grades number: 4
- Total number of cabins: 100 (of which 48 French Balconies, 6 with Panoramic Windows, 46 with a non-opening window).
- Restaurants, Lounges & Bars: Market Restaurant (main dining), Cafe Bar (casual, Afternoon tea), Riva Lounge & Bar (itinerary-based regional delicacies), Sun Deck (Mobile Bar & Grill, shaded relaxation area, giant chess, putting green), Riva Atrium.
- A-Rosa Riva cruise deals are inclusive of Wi-Fi Internet, all tours /excursions (including on bicycles), ground transfers, live onboard entertainment (performances, lectures, food and wine tastings), 24-hour coffee/tea, alcohol (beer, wine, spirits), replenished daily bottled water.
- ARosa Riva cruises on Danube river. The vessel is in the same class with the A-Rosa cruise ships Bella, Donna and Mia. Each of these ships is equipped each with two MTU / Maybach marine diesel engines (model "16V 2000 M60") with total power output 1600 kW / 2170 HP. The ship's electrical system consists of three MAN diesel generators (model D2842 , output 380 kW each) and 1 emergency diesel generator (Deutz, power 37 kW). The ship's propulsion ("Schottel") includes 2 twin propellers (type "STP 550") and one Schottel Pump Jet (azimuth bow thruster, model "SPJ 57"). The wheelhouse/bridge and awnings can be lowered when passing under low bridges.
- Most popular onboard features are the distinct ship design, spa, 2 saunas, gym, shop, outdoor swimming pool. Highest category staterooms are "French Balcony" (no Suites on the Riva ship).
- The Riva ship offers complimentary bicycles on land tours and excursions in each of the visited ports.
- A-Rosa Rive was launched in 2004 on April 9. Due to its width of 14,4 m, the ship was not delivered via the usual route (North Sea-Baltic Canal-Wadden Sea-Rhine river). Because of the Main-Danube Canal's width restriction of 11, 4 m, the ship was loaded and transported on pontoons (towed via Black Sea) to Danube Delta (Constanta, Romania). Then the riverboat was unloaded and moved under her own power to Oltenita, Romania. The boat's transfer took a total of 22 days.
Note: You can see the CruiseMapper's list of all river cruise ships and riverboats in the "itinerary" section of our River Cruises hub. All companies and their fleets are listed there.
Arosa Riva ship related cruise news
According to Austrian emergency crews, a fire has broken out on the Arosa Riva ship cruising on Danube River, forcing the evacuation of around...July 25, 2017
- show more news