Carnival Glory Review and Specifications
Specifications of Carnival Glory
|Builder||FINCANTIERI TRIESTE ITALY|
|Year of built||2003|
|Gross Tonnage||110239 gt|
|Passengers||2984 - 3581|
|Decks with cabins||8|
Review of Carnival Glory
Carnival Glory is the second cruise ship in Carnival's Conquest class. Floated out on July 19, 2003, the US$500 million Glory was christened by American astronaut Dr Sally Ride. Similar in layout to line's previous classes, she boasts more room in her interiors. Carnival Glory was drydocked in November 2012 and received part of the line's "Fun Ship 2.0" upgrades, such as Blue Iguana Tequila Bar, RedFrog Rum Bar, Blue Iguana Cantina, Guy Fieri’s Burger Joint, Punchliners Comedy Club & Brunch, The Game Show and Playlist Productions. Carnival Glory is scheduled for refurbishment in February 2017.
History - construction & ownership
The shipowner Carnival Cruise Lines is an American company headquartered in Doral, Florida. It was founded as an independent company by Ted Arison in 1972. Today, it is one of the 9 cruise ship brands owned and operated by Carnival Corp. & plc. The line has the largest fleet in the whole Carnival group of cruise companies, with 24 ships currently in operation, and accounting for 21.1% of the cruise industry's worldwide market.
The 110,000-ton, 2,974-passenger cruise ship Carnival Glory and her Conquest-class sister ships Conquest, Valor, Liberty and Freedom, are among the biggest in the fleet of Carnival. They are basically larger versions of earlier Destiny-class ships, as well as and more feature-filled. More space reveals into additional decks, even more bars and lounges, an upscale steak house, and well-proportioned public areas.
Cruise itinerary program
Carnival Glory itinerary program is based on departures from Miami Florida to Eastern and Western Caribbean. Feature port destinations include Bahamas (Half Moon Cay), Cozumel, Belize, Roatan, Grand Cayman.
Carnival Glory has no family cabins, but offers several connecting rooms in a variety of categories. The ship also has 26 accessible cabins in all cabin categories. Most Carnival Glory staterooms are 185-220-sq.foot insides (577), oceanview (344) and balcony (521, with verandas of 35-75 sq.feet). There are also a total of 54 suites, measuring between 275-500 sq.feet. More than 50% of the cabins offer ocean view, among them 60% offer also private verandas. The three types of suites are Captain's Suites, Grand Suites and Ocean Suites. Suite passengers receive priority embarkation and debarkation, VIP check-in, and a deluxe bathroom.
Dining options - Food & Drinks
Two formal restaurants (Golden and Platinum) onboard Carnival Glory serve open seating breakfast and lunch. Dinner is served in an open seating option or two assigned seatings. The casual Red Sail Lido buffet offers a number of food stations with a variety of choices, including a salad bar, deli, dessert station, daily regional cuisines. You'll also find outdoor poolside grills, specialty coffee bar, complimentary sushi bar, pizzeria and 24-hour room service that provides a limited selection of items.
Follows the complete list of Carnival Glory restaurants and food bars.
- Golden Restaurant (744-seat forward Dining Room, with two fixed dinner seatings or “Your Time Dining”; offers “Seuss At Sea” themed breakfasts for $5)
- Platinum Restaurant (1122-seat aft Dining Room, with two fixed dinner seatings and open seating breakfast and lunch)
- Bluelguana Cantina (complimentary Mexican fast food bar; offers burritos, tacos)
- Guy’s Burger Joint (complimentary fast food bar by Guy Fieri)
- Red Sail Lido Buffet Restaurant (1396-seat, self service buffet restaurant with various food stations; operates as bistro in the evenings)
- Emerald Room Steakhouse (108-seat specialty restaurant for steaks and seafood; with dance floor and live music)
- Meiji Sushi Bar (complimentary).
Entertainment options - Fun & Sport
Carnival Glory is known as the “most colorful” of all Carnival ships. She offers countless entertainment options. The 1,400-seat Amber Palace was inspired by the legendary Amber Room in Russia. Design elements include gold leaf columns, rococo moldings, candelabras and paintings of famous Russian czars and czarinas. Amber Palace hosts a variety of evening shows, such as adult interactive games, Vegas-style revues, and "Hasbro, the Game Show". The Punchliner Comedy Club takes over Ebony Cabaret located on Deck 5 for family-oriented and R-rated shows from a rotating lineup of comedians. Don't forget that only the brave sit up front by the stage.
Follows the complete list of Carnival Glory lounges, clubs and other entertainment venues for kids, teens and adults.
- Amber Palace Theatre (1400-seat main show lounge for musical productions and shows; also used for movies and bingo)
- Glory Atrium The Colors Lobby (9-deck high open floor area; features Colors Lobby Bar with piano and stage for live performances)
- Copper Card Room (28-seat); Silver Room Art Gallery (36-seat); Black & White Library (17-seat; offers board games); Photo Gallery & Shop; The Green Conference Room (100-seat)
- Circle C (complimentary kids club lounge with video games, parties and planned activities)
- Cyberspace Internet Cafe (24-hour, 6 Internet computers room)
- Ivory Club Bar (147-seat cigar bar with live music)
- The Fun Shops (offers “Bon Voyage” items, duty-free liquor, jewelry, fashion boutiques, souvenirs, logo items)
- Cherry on Top (candy shop; offers branded gear, special occasions gifts and tuxedo rentals)
- EA Sports Bar; Viennese Cafe; Creams Cafe (specialty coffee bar); Taste Bar (offers complimentary appetizers); Alchemy Bar (serves made to order cocktails); The Cinn-A-Bar (100-seat piano bar); Bar Blue (jazz bar)
- Camel Club Casino (484-seat, served by Kaleidoscope Bar); Kaleidoscope Boulevard Promenade Bar (23-seat); Kiosk (S & S Card service)
- Club O2 (teens' lounge for video games, movies, karaoke and themed parties); Video Games Arcade (24-hour)
- White Heat Disco & Nightclub (211-seat); Ebony Cabaret Lounge (425-seat; hosts Punchliner Comedy Club/brunch).
- Turquoise Pool area (with two Whirlpools, Turquoise Bar); Azure Lido Pool area (with two whirlpools, served by Azure Bar, Grill and Pizzeria)
- BlueIguana Tequila Bar; RedFrog Rum Bar (offers Caribbean rums selection and ThirstyFrog Red drought beer)
- Aqua Park (Cobalt Pool area which is connected to the Twister Waterslide; with one Whirlpool, splash pools, fountains)
- Carnival Seaside Theatre (LED screen outdoor cinema; with stage for live performances)
- Spa Carnival complex (with Steam Rooms, Saunas, Massage Room, Beauty Salon, Spa Pool, Gymnasium)
- Sports Deck (multi sports court/basketball, volleyball; Tennis Tables, Shuffleboard); Jogging Track; 9-hole Mini Golf Course
- Serenity (adult-only relaxation area with Serenity Bar, two Whirlpools and padded lounges)
- Camp Carnival (kids' club lounge area; offers complimentary programmes, with outdoor Pool area).
Carnival Glory wiki
Year built 2003
Fun Ship 2.0 upgrade in 2012
Passenger capacity / crew capacity 2974 (3700 max) / 1160
Dimensions (Gross tonnage weight / LOA length) 110,000 tons / 952 ft (290 m)
Flag State (registered in) Panama
Ship builder Fincantieri (Monfalcone, Italy)
Building cost USD 500 mill
Ship owner Carnival Corporation
Operator Carnival Cruise Lines
Christened by Sally Ride
Official website link Carnival.com
Accident reports and news CruiseMinus.com
Carnival Glory related cruise news
Other Carnival Cruise Line cruise ships
Carnival Glory Itineraries 2016
The below listed Carnival Glory cruise prices on 2016 itineraries are only indicative and Per Person (in US dollars, based on double occupancy). These are the cheapest Carnival Cruise Line fares on the ship’s lowest category cabins available for booking. Cruise fares typically change with departure dates approaching, last minute deals, discounts, promotions, independent travel agency offers.
Carnival Glory Itineraries 2017
The below listed Carnival Glory cruise prices on 2017 itineraries are only indicative and Per Person (in US dollars, based on double occupancy). These are the cheapest Carnival Cruise Line fares on the ship’s lowest category cabins available for booking. Cruise fares typically change with departure dates approaching, last minute deals, discounts, promotions, independent travel agency offers.
Carnival Glory Itineraries 2018
The below listed Carnival Glory cruise prices on 2018 itineraries are only indicative and Per Person (in US dollars, based on double occupancy). These are the cheapest Carnival Cruise Line fares on the ship’s lowest category cabins available for booking. Cruise fares typically change with departure dates approaching, last minute deals, discounts, promotions, independent travel agency offers.