Carnival Horizon Review and Specifications
Specifications of Carnival Horizon
|Builder||Fincantieri (Marghera, Italy)|
|Building cost||USD 800 million|
|Owner||Carnival Corporation & PLC|
|Speed||23 kn / 43 kph / 26 mph|
|Length (LOA)||322 m / 1056 ft|
|Beam (width)||37 m / 121 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||133500 gt|
|Passengers||3930 - 4716|
|Decks with cabins||12|
Review of Carnival Horizon
Launched in 2018, Carnival Horizon is the second Vista class (modified Dream-class) vessel in Carnival Cruise Lines fleet. Horizon is the newest Carnival ship, still under construction in Italy at Fincantieri shipyard. When she debuts in March 2018 Carnival Horizon will be the 26th and the largest in fleet, together with sister ship Vista and the Dream-class vessels Breeze, Magic and Dream.
History - construction & ownership
The shipowner Carnival Cruise Lines is an American company headquartered in Doral, Florida. It was founded as an independent company by Ted Arison in 1972. Today, it is one of the 9 cruise ship brands owned and operated by Carnival Corp. & plc. The line has the largest fleet in the whole Carnival group of cruise companies, with 24 ships currently in operation, and accounting for 21.1% of the cruise industry's worldwide market.
The 133,500-ton, 4000-passenger cruise ship Carnival Horizon offers all Carnival Fun Ship 2.0 details, plus many first at sea features, including the Multiplex (the first at sea IMAX theater with a 3-deck large screen); Skyride (extraordinary peddled roller coaster bike ride); Havana cabins complex (with pool, lounge and its own bar); Family Harbor staterooms; the biggest SportsSquare sport complex; Fun Ship 2.0’s BlueIguana Cantina, RedFrog Bar and Alchemy Bar; new show programming; Carnival Cloud 9 Spa & Fitness.
The new ship of Carnival Cruise Line, Carnival Horizon, was launched on March 10, 2017 at Fincantieri’s shipyard in Marghera.
Cruise itinerary program
Carnival Cruise Line's next ship will spend part of her first year sailing out of New York to Bermuda. Currently under construction in Italy, the 3,954-passenger Carnival Horizon will operate short, 4-night voyages to the island destination during spring and summer of 2018. The trips will be in addition to previously announced, 8-night Caribbean cruises that the 133,500-ton vessel will start operating out of the Big Apple in May 2018.
Carnival Horizon will debut in April 2018 with Mediterranean sailings from Barcelona. On May 9, the ship will reposition to New York (arriving May 23, 2018) for a series of 8-night Caribbean cruises throughout the summer. On September 22, 2018, the cruise ship will continue to its next USA homeport, Miami, for an year-round schedule of 6- and 8-night Caribbean itineraries.
Most Carnival Horizon staterooms are 185-220-sq.foot insides (678), oceanview (293), balcony (880, with verandas of 35-75 sq.feet) and Suite (72). Horizon also offers 60 Cloud 9 Spa cabins and 35 wheelchair accessible rooms. All Carnival Cloud 9 Spa cabins have exclusive access to private Spa facilities on Panorama Deck. Cloud 9 Spa rooms feature the following amenities: Spa reservations, complimentary use of Thalassotherapy Pool and Thermal Suite, fitness classes and deluxe bath amenities.
Dining options - Food & Drinks
Carnival Horizon offers two main dining rooms, Horizons and Reflections. Horizons hosts a small bar suited for pre-dinner drinks. The main dining rooms feature select items from the onboard steakhouse, available for an additional fee. Horizon also has a Lido buffet. Seafood lovers will be pampered with the Seafood Shack - brand new to Carnival fleet, New England-inspired casual eatery located on ship's top deck. It offers both indoor and outdoor seating and the menu includes steamed lobster, lobster rolls, fried shrimp, fried clams, crab cakes and other seafood surprises. Seafood Shack serves lunch and dinner and is priced a la carte starting at $4.
The available on all Fun ships Chef's Table is a dining experience that affords a dozen guests to experience multicourse dinner with the master chef, private cocktail reception and a tour of the galley. This dining option usually takes place in a non-traditional venue, like the library or the galley, and can be booked onboard for US$75 per person.
Follows the complete list of Carnival Horizon restaurants and food bars.
- Reflections Restaurant (1474-seat, complimentary MDR; the bigger of ship’s two main dining rooms; offers two fixed dinner seatings and open seating Breakfast and Lunch; “Seuss At Sea” themed breakfasts costs $5 cover charge)
- Horizon’s Restaurant (702-seat; offers formal dining with two fixed dinner seatings and “Anytime Dining” between 5:45-9:30p.m.)
- Bonsai Sushi Bar (Japanese restaurant)
- Fat Jimmy’s C-Side BBQ (barbeque & grill restaurant)
- Fahrenheit 555 Steakhouse (specialty restaurant, with “Chef’s Table” dining)
- Guy’s Burger Joint (poolside burger bar)
- Bluelguana Cantina (poolside Mexican fast food bar)
- Lido Marketplace (825-seat self-service buffet restaurant)
- Pizzeria del Capitano (24-hour pizzeria restaurant)
- Seafood Shack (offers indoor and outdoor seating, lobster and shrimp; a la carte priced)
- Cucina del Capitano (Italian Trattoria)
- Ji Ji Asian Kitchen (specialty Asian restaurant).
Entertainment options - Fun & Sport
Long-known for abundance of entertainment, Carnival is not sitting on its laurels with new Carnival Horizon. The fun onboard starts with SkyRide, industry's first open-air, pedal-powered aerial ride. Riders have to climb onboard a hanging bike and "cycle" their way around the 800ft suspended track, 150 feet above sea level. If you consider that SkyRide does not provide the needed adrenaline-pumping action, SkyCourse ropes circuit will do. Both SkyCourse and SkyRide are part of the SportSquare, which also features an indoor hangout, mini-bowling, The Clubhouse, Ping-Pong, sports video gaming, arcade basketball and more. Horizon also boasts the biggest Carnival WaterWorks park, including enclosed Kaleid-O-Slide water tube, on which riders enjoy 455 feet of turns and twists.
Follows the complete list of Carnival Horizon lounges, clubs and other entertainment venues for kids, teens and adults.
- Family Harbor Lounge (a new, dedicated to families space with 24-hour complimentary dining, concierge and babysitting service, movies, video games, board games by Hasbro)
- Liquid Lounge (1400-seat, 2-level show lounge, with “Playlist Productions” and “Hasbro Game Shows”)
- Horizon Atrium (3-deck high midship lounge area with LED screens, live-performances, visual displays; served by 100-seat Horizon Lobby Bar)
- Shopping Arcade (with two Boutique Shops and two Fun Shops); Pixels Photo Gallery & Shop; Dream Photo Studio; Cherry on Top (candy shop)
- Horizon Casino (484-seat)
- Limelight Lounge
- Lanai promenade (with 60 outdoor seats, served by Lanai Bar-BQ Bar)
- FunHub (Internet room)
- Shake Spot; Taste Bar; Havana Bar; Clubhouse & Bar; JavaBlue Café
- Ocean Plaza (270-seat lounge served by 50-seat Plaza Cafe)
- Havana Outside (Havana pool area with one swimming pool, two whirlpools, palm threes)
- Carnival Multiplex (includes IMAX and Thrill cinemas)
- Thrill Theatre (5D cinema room)
- IMAX Theater (the first IMAX at sea, with 3-deck high screen)
- Circle C (kids club lounge); Club O2 (teens club lounge)
- Warehouse (Video Arcade)
- BlueIguana Tequila Bar (poolside Mexican bar)
- RedFrog Rum Bar (also serves the ThirstyFrog Red draught beer)
- Tides Pool (with one swimming pool, two Whirlpools, sunbathing area; served by Tides Bar)
- Camp Ocean (formerly known as "Camp Carnival" - youth activities program)
- Dr Seuss Bookville (family-themed kids room with all Dr Seuss books available to read; offers games and themed activities)
- Carnival Cloud 9 Spa (wellness complex)
- Carnival WaterWorks (water-play outdoor area with AquaPark, Twister waterslide, Kaleid-O-Slide)
- Seaside Theatre (with huge LED screen)
- SportSquare (outdoor sporting area); SkyGreens (mini golf); Jogging Track
- SkyFitness (outdoors)
- SkyRide (“bicycle ride in the sky”)
- SkyCourse (suspended ropes course)
- Serenity Retreat (adults relaxation area served by Serenity Bar, with 2 cantilevered Whirlpools and sunbathing area).
Carnival Horizon wiki
- Accident reports and news CruiseMinus.com
- Passenger decks: 13
- Cabin grades number: 34
- Total number of cabins: 1823 (of which 72 Suites, 880 Balcony, 293 Oceanview, 723 Inside, 35 wheelchair accessible, 61 Cloud 9 Spa cabins)
- Dining Rooms: Reflections (1474-seat), Horizon’s (702-seat)
- Restaurants and food bars: Lido Marketplace (buffet), Cucina del Capitano (Italian), Fahrenheit 555 (steakhouse), Ji Ji Asian Kitchen, Bonsai (sushi), Fat Jimmy's (BBQ), Bluelguana Cantina (Mexican), Guy's Burger.
- Lounges & Bars: Limelight, Liquid (1400-seat theater and nightclub), Ocean Plaza, The Library, BlueIguana Tequila, RedFrog Rum (pub), Pizzeria del Capitano, Seafood Shack, Sports Bar, Piano Bar, Havana Bar, Taste Bar, Shake Spot.
- Serenity adult-only retreat area, Carnival Cloud 9 Spa, 6 jacuzzis, 3 pools, WaterWorks aqua park, Sport Square, SkyTrack, SkyFitness (gym), SkyGreens (mini golf), SkyRide (aerial attraction), Skycourse (rope course), Club O2 (teens), Circle C (kids), Camp Ocean (kids play area), Dr Seuss Bookville, IMAX Theater (large movie screen), Seaside Theater (outdoor), Thrill (5D Cinema), FunHub (Internet room), 3-deck Atrium, Horizon Casino, Cherry on Top (candies shop), The Lanai (promenade /outdoor seating, BQ Bar).
- By gross tonnage, Carnival Horizon is the largest vessel in the Carnival fleet - together with the sister-ship Carnival Vista. These new ships feature the exclusive Multiplex media entertainment complex (IMAX theater for first run movies, plus the 3D Thrill cinema), Skyride (roller coaster with multiple riding bicycles on two paralleled tracks), larger SportsSquare complex, Havana Outside complex (pool, jacuzzies, bar, new Havana cruise accommodations), Family Harbor staterooms (with its own family-themed lounge /24-hour dining, concierge, babysitting, entertainment).
- Horizon was launched on March 10, 2017, at Fincantieri’s Marghera shipyard. After the float out followed interior fittings. The launching featured the traditional “coin ceremony”, consisting in welding a silver coin on the ship's top deck. Godmother of the launching ceremony was Clementina Zecchin (Fincantieri employee). The ceremony was attended by Richard Morse (Carnival's Senior VP Hotel Operations), Fabrizio Timossi )Carnival's Project Manager) and Antonio Quintano (Marghera shipyard's Director).
Carnival Horizon related cruise news
The new ship of Carnival Cruise Line, Carnival Horizon, was launched yesterday, March 10, at Fincantieri’s shipyard in Marghera. The ship is...March 11, 2017
Carnival Cruise Line's next ship will spend part of her first year sailing out of New York to Bermuda. Currently under construction in Italy...February 9, 2017
For the inaugural cruise season of its newest vessel, Carnival Horizon, debuting April 2018, Carnival Cruise Line assembled a wide array of diverse...January 25, 2017
Carnival Cruise Line announced that Carnival Horizon will be the name of company's new 133,500-ton ship. Carnival Horizon is scheduled for...July 30, 2016
- show more news
Other Carnival Cruise Line cruise ships
Carnival Horizon Itineraries 2018
The below listed Carnival Horizon cruise prices on 2018 itineraries are only indicative and Per Person (in US dollars, based on double occupancy). These are the cheapest Carnival Cruise Line fares on the ship’s lowest category cabins available for booking. Cruise fares typically change with departure dates approaching, last minute deals, discounts, promotions, independent travel agency offers.
|02 Apr||Departing from Barcelona, Spain|
|04 Apr 07:00 - 20:00||Livorno, Florence-Pisa, Italy|
|05 Apr 07:00 - 20:00||Civitavecchia, Rome, Italy|
|06 Apr 07:00 - 19:00||Naples, Italy|
|08 Apr 08:00 - 17:00||Dubrovnik, Croatia|
|09 Apr 07:00 - 16:00||Corfu Island, Greece|
|10 Apr 09:00 - 18:00||Messina, Taormina, Sicily, Italy|
|11 Apr 07:00 - 19:00||Valletta, Malta|
|13 Apr 08:00 - 18:00||Cagliari, Sardinia, Italy|
|15 Apr||Arriving in Barcelona, Spain|
|15 Apr||Departing from Barcelona, Spain|
|17 Apr 07:00 - 15:00||Cagliari, Sardinia, Italy|
|18 Apr 07:00 - 19:00||Naples, Italy|
|19 Apr 07:00 - 20:00||Civitavecchia, Rome, Italy|
|20 Apr 07:00 - 19:00||Livorno, Florence-Pisa, Italy|
|21 Apr 09:00 - 18:00||Marseille, France Riviera|
|22 Apr||Arriving in Barcelona, Spain|
|22 Apr||Departing from Barcelona, Spain|
|24 Apr 07:00 - 15:00||Cagliari, Sardinia, Italy|
|25 Apr 07:00 - 19:00||Naples, Italy|
|26 Apr 07:00 - 20:00||Civitavecchia, Rome, Italy|
|27 Apr 07:00 - 19:00||Livorno, Florence-Pisa, Italy|
|28 Apr 09:00 - 18:00||Marseille, France Riviera|
|29 Apr||Arriving in Barcelona, Spain|
|29 Apr||Departing from Barcelona, Spain|
|01 May 07:00 - 19:00||Livorno, Florence-Pisa, Italy|
|02 May 07:00 - 20:00||Civitavecchia, Rome, Italy|
|03 May 07:00 - 19:00||Naples, Italy|
|05 May 08:00 - 17:00||Dubrovnik, Croatia|
|06 May 07:00 - 16:00||Corfu Island, Greece|
|07 May 09:00 - 17:00||Messina, Taormina, Sicily, Italy|
|09 May||Arriving in Barcelona, Spain|
Carnival Horizon Itineraries 2019
The below listed Carnival Horizon cruise prices on 2019 itineraries are only indicative and Per Person (in US dollars, based on double occupancy). These are the cheapest Carnival Cruise Line fares on the ship’s lowest category cabins available for booking. Cruise fares typically change with departure dates approaching, last minute deals, discounts, promotions, independent travel agency offers.