MS Victory I Review and Specifications
Specifications of MS Victory I
|Builder||Atlantic Marine (Jacksonville, Florida USA) BAE Systems Southeast Shipyards|
|Owner||Clipper Group AS|
|Speed||12 kn / 22 kph / 14 mph|
|Length (LOA)||87 m / 285 ft|
|Beam (width)||15 m / 49 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||5954 gt|
|Passengers||210 - 216|
|Decks with cabins||5|
|Former names||Cape May Light, Sea Voyager, MS Saint Laurent|
Review of MS Victory I
MS Saint Laurent cruise ship was owned until 2015 by the USA cruise company Haimark Line, a subsidiary of the luxury river cruise tour operator Haimark Travel. Haimark declared bankruptcy in the end of 2015. Currently, the ship is owned by Clipper Cruises and chartered to Victory Cruise Lines under the name "MS Victory I". Starting in 2016, this new USA cruise line offers on the Victory 1 ship cruises on the Great Lakes (in USA and Canada) during summer, and to Cuba from Florida (during fall and winter months).
History - construction & ownership
The 4,954-ton, 210-passenger cruise ship ms Saint Laurent was built in 2001 by Bae Systems Southeast Florida (USA). Previously, the ship was operating under the names Clipper Voyager, Sea Voyager, and Cape May Light. The vessel was originally built for the US line Great Lakes Cruises and designated for expedition voyages with itineraries in Central and South America.
The ship’s inaugural sailing for Haimark was celebrated on May 30, 2015 (starting from Montreal, Canada). Before the launch, the Haimark Line company invested USD 3,5 million for an extensive refurbishment of all interior spaces, and then renamed the ship from Cape May Light. Unfortunately, on June 18, 2015 with 274 people on board, the St Laurent cruise ship collided with the concrete wall bumper of the Eisenhower Lock (Saint Lawrence Seaway) located near Massena NY. The number of injured reached 21.
In Aprin 2016, according to the US Federal Maritime Commission, it was announced that passenger vessel operator Haimark Line Ltd., had cancelled all future cruises. Haimark operates a single ship, ms Saint Laurent. In accordance with the regulations of the Commission, the line maintains an escrow account for refunding applicable deposits and passenger fares for cruises departing from a United States' port in the event that Haimark fails to perform any such voyages.
The escrow account doesn't provide reimbursement for air travel payments, shore-side hotel or other expenses that don't constitute water transportation or related services. The escrow agents automatically process refunds. They send payments to cruisers who paid deposits or fares for sailings on Saint Laurent. However, travelers who have previously obtained a refund from their travel insurance or credit card issuer are not eligible.
Cruise itinerary program
MS Victory 1 schedule calendar includes Great Lakes and St Lawrence Seaway cruises in the USA and Canada, and Cuba cruises round-trip from Miami Florida. The ship entered service on July 8, 2016. The USA-Canada itinerary program offers 15-day itineraries leaving out of Chicago, Toronto and Montreal. Cuba cruises from Miami start on October 28, 2016. The round-trip itineraries range from 4-days (Miami to Havana) to 14-days (around Cuba circumnavigation itinerary.)
Victory I cruise ship fares are inclusive of all (daily) excursions ashore, including full-day Niagara Falls and Mackinac Island tours). Deals are also inclusive of alcohol (beer and wine) at lunch and dinner. The line's closest competitor is Pearl Seas Cruises.
MS Saint Laurent features a beautifully appointed interior with only 105 staterooms. Its stylish staterooms offer high thread-count bedding, premium mattresses, pillow menus and L’Occitane bath amenities. Passengers enjoy free WiFi Internet access and 24-hour room service, as well as nightly turndown service. The stateroom entertainment systems feature LCD flat screen televisions with satellite programming and radio/alarm clocks with Ipod Docking Station. Outside staterooms include armoires and picture windows for panoramic views.
Dining options - Food & Drinks
MS Saint Laurent dining options include Shearwater dining room, Tavern and Outdoor Grill. Guests can enjoy fine à la carte dining in the main restaurant or the outdoor Cliff Rock Grill & Bar. they can treat themselves to fresh “hot rock” cooking at Cliff Rock, savor regionally inspired cuisine and western classics at Shearwater Dining Room, indulge in delightful afternoon tea service, complete with cakes and cookies, mingle with old and new friends in ship's English-style Seascape Tavern.
Entertainment options - Fun & Sport
MS Saint Laurent has an Observation lounge, Sun Deck, Terrace and Boutique. Expertly led shore excursions are included. Listen & Learn Aboard program is hosted by experts in culture, history and natural wonders of the places visited.
MS Victory I wiki
- Accident reports and news CruiseMinus.com
- Cabin grades number: 10
- Total number of cabins: 105 (of which 2 Suites)
- Dining Rooms: Main dining room
- Restaurants and food bars: Tavern, Outdoor Grill
- Lounges & Bars: Lounge, Observation lounge
- Sun Deck, Terrace, Boutique, Doctor office, Purser's office, elevator
- In 2015 Haimark Line invested US$3,5 million for the refurbishment of the "Cape May Light" ship and renamed it to "MS Saint Laurent". The ship was previously operating also under the names "Clipper Voyager" and "Sea Voyager". The vessel was built in 2001 for the USA line Great Lakes Cruises, which specialized in expedition voyages in Central and South America.
- The inaugural cruise of MS Saint Laurent (under the Haimark Line's charter) was on May 30th, 2015, leaving out of Montreal, Canada.
- (June 18, 2015 accident) while operated by Haimark Line, the Saint Laurent ship collided with a concrete wall bumper of the Eisenhower Lock (along the Saint Lawrence Seaway). The accident;s location is near Massena (New York). Of all 274 people, 22 were injured. The current voyage was chartered by the French cruise tour company Rivages du Monde. For the detailed accident report follow the CruiseMinus link above.
- Soon after the collision accident, Haimark Line filed for bankruptcy. In June 2016 was announced that Victory Cruise Lines intend to rename the vessel to "MS Victory I" and start operations with departures from Montreal (Quebec, Canada) to ports in Canada and Great Lakes (USA). The inaugural cruise was scheduled for July 8. Also were announced further plans for Florida to Cuba cruise itineraries.
- The ship's first scheduled Cuba cruise was a 7-day / 6-night itinerary round-trip from Port Canaveral (Orlando) Florida (departure Oct 28, 2016). The ship's winter 2016-2017 itinerary program includes 3-day to 14-day round-trip cruises to Cuba out of Miami (through April 2017).