Avalon Creativity Review and Specifications
Specifications of Avalon Creativity
|Year built||2009 / Age : 9|
|Builder||Den Breejen Shipyard (Hardinxveld-Giessendam, Holland)|
|Owner||MS Rhein GmbH & Co KG Hamburg|
|Speed||12 kn / 22 kph / 14 mph|
|Length (LOA)||110 m / 361 ft|
|Beam (width)||12 m / 39 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||2022 gt|
|Passengers||70 - 138|
|Decks with cabins||3|
|Christened by||Nancy Telliho|
Review of Avalon Creativity
Avalon Creativity cruise ship was launched in 2009 and every minute on board you will be able to enjoy attentive service, delicious cuisine, first-class amenities, panoramic views and spacious staterooms.
Carrying up to just 140 guests, the Creativity provides staterooms that are 15% larger than the standard in industry - with floor-to-ceiling windows allowing passengers to be comfortable and fully engaged with sightseeing along the river. Avalon Creativity has a total number of 70 cabins (of which 2 Avalon Suite, 57 French Balcony, 11 with non-opening windows) in 5 grades.
Cabins Types, Sizes, Categories (high to low)
- Amenities in all types of staterooms - 2 twin beds converting to queen-sized, 3-door closets with shelves, private bathroom (glass-door shower, hairdryer, bathrobes, slippers), sofa, coffee table, flat TV, vanity/writing desk, private French balcony (floor-to-ceiling sliding door), individual climate control, phone, mini bar, safe, deluxe pillow menu, complimentary bottled water. Cabin occupancy - 2 guests in room.
- Suites - 2x "Avalon Suites" (JR) - deck 3, size 258 ft2 / 24 m2.
- Deluxe Staterooms (category, number) - P (x27, deck 3), A (x18, deck 2), B (12, deck 3), E (11, deck 1) - size 172 ft2 / 16 m2).
From a hair salon and fitness center to free Wi-Fi throughout and complimentary Internet Corner, MS Avalon Creativity ship was built with impressive collection of amenities to enhance the river journey. The whirlpool located on the Sky Deck pampers with refreshing dips after a day full of magnificent views. The beverage self-serve station serves complimentary cappuccinos, hot chocolate, lattes, teas, and much more each day.
Avalon Creativity restaurants include: Creativity (dining room), Sky Bistro (al-fresco). Avalon Creativity also has Lounge & Bar (observation, with an outside viewing deck), Club Lounge, Library/Internet Corner, Creativity Atrium Lobby, Hair Salon, Fitness, Sun Deck (Sky Lounge & Bistro, Whirlpool, shaded seating, games area).
Avalon Creativity cruise deals are inclusive of Wi-Fi Internet, room-service, all land tours and excursions (by certified local tour guides), motorcoach transfers, live evening entertainment (local performers), daily enrichment lectures, Creativity cruise ship tour ("behind-the-scenes"), food and wine tastings, 24-hour premium coffee/tea/hot chocolate, replenished daily bottled water.
Avalon Creativity river cruise prices are per person and based on double occupancy. These are only indicative Avalon river cruise rates. They might be different when you book your Avalon Waterways cruisetour deals, influenced by travel agency promotions, special offers and discounts, group travel booking or last-minute deals rates. On Avalon Creativity cruises, Avalon Waterways offers USA flights-inclusive deals with discount airfare and complimentary airport transfers.
RIver Cruise Itineraries
Follows the list of Avalon Creativity itineraries as themes officially announced by the Avalon Waterways line:
- (7-nights cruising) "Paris to Normandy Landing Beaches" are 8-days Seine river cruises from Paris (round-trip, code WPP).
- (Two ships, 14-nights cruising) "Grand France" are 16-days combined Seine, Saone and Rhone river cruises from Paris to Cote d’Azur (Southbound, code WPL), and the reverse from Cote d’Azur to Paris (Northbound, code WLP). This is "back-to-back" river travel option combining the Creativity's Seine river cruise with the "Burgundy and Provence" route operated by the Avalon Scenery ship. These Avalon Waterways deals offer embarkation and disembarkation in Paris, Chalon and Arles, with included TGV train (speed train) travel Paris-Dijon or the reverse Dijon-Paris.
Avalon Creativity wiki
- The Avalon Creativity boat is in the same vessel class with the Avalon ships Affinity, Felicity, Luminary and Scenery. Each of these ships is equipped with two Caterpillar Marine diesel engines (type "C32 ACERT", total power output 1420 kW / 1930 HP). The ship's propulsion is diesel-electric, with an azimuth thruster and an SDS ("Silent Drive System" separating the ship's engines from passenger staterooms).
- Creativity is currently one of the oldest ships in the operated by Avalon Waterways fleet. Still, the boat offers first-class amenities and cuisine, with two full decks of floor-to-ceiling panoramic windows. Creativity's cabin types selection features mostly "French Balcony" staterooms, including the two signature Avalon Suite accommodations (also with French Balcony, plus a seating area).
- Other luxury river cruise lines ships with itineraries on Seine river from Paris France are offered by AmaWaterways (AmaLegro), Avalon Waterways (Tapestry 2), Uniworld (Baroness), Scenic (Gem) and Viking (Kadlin, Neptune, Pride, Rinda, Rolf, Spirit).
Note: You can see the CruiseMapper's list of all river cruise ships and riverboats in the "itinerary" section of our River Cruises hub. All companies and their fleets are listed there.