Denia Ciutat Creativa ferry current position
Denia Ciutat Creativa ferry current location is at West Mediterranean (coordinates 41.37337 N / 2.17955 E) cruising en route to IBIZA. The AIS position was reported 4 minutes ago.Current Position
Specifications of Denia Ciutat Creativa ferry
|Year built||1992 / Age: 30|
|Builder||Van Der Giessen de Noord (Krimpen aan den IJssel, Holland)|
|Class||cruiseferry (Ro-Pax ship)|
|Ferry route / homeports||Barcelona-Ciutadella|
|Speed||19 kn / 35 kph / 22 mph|
|Length (LOA)||150 m / 492 ft|
|Beam (width)||23 m / 75 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||19308 gt|
|Sister-ships||Drujba, Galileusz, Espresso Catania, Espresso Ravenna, Puglia, Via Adriatico|
|Former names||Scandola, Ionian Star, Via Ligure|
Denia Ciutat Creativa ferry Review
Review of Denia Ciutat Creativa ferry
MV Denia Ciutat Creativa ferry is a Ro-Ro passenger vessel owned and operated by the Spanish company BALEARIA. The ship has a max capacity of 399 passengers and 120 cars. The vessel was launched in 1992 and currently operates on the ferry route Barcelona-Ciutadella (crossing time 4 hours).
As cruise ferry, Denia Ciutat Creativa has 3-berth cabins (2 twin beds + 1 bunk bed configuration). All staterooms are air-conditioned and with en-suite bathrooms. The ferry company provides bed linens, towels, and toiletries. The ship also has wheelchair-accessible cabins (adapted for disabled passengers).
The ship's Reserved Seating Lounge (Neptune Lounge) is equipped with large TV and reclining Pullman seats (comfortable, fully reclining leather armchairs). Reserved seats are available for pre-booking. These deals are inclusive of complimentary beverages (tea, coffee, soft drinks). The Lobby Bar Lounge is furnished with comfortable leather sofas and chairs and round tables.
All passengers must vacate their staterooms 30 min prior to homeport arrival.
Shipboard dining and entertainment options
As facilities, the Denia Ciutat Creativa ship offers:
- Accommodation options - cabins, Reserved Seating Lounge (leather recliners), Lobby Bar seating. All lounges are fitted with large TVs.
- Dining options - Self-Service Restaurant (full menu, single courses, kids-vegetarian-healthy meals, traditional local dishes), Bar-Cafeteria (patisserie - pastries, cakes, drinks, snacks, sandwiches), Outdoor Bar (grill, cocktails, beers, sundeck barbecues), chocolate and ice-cream parlor. Purchasing dining services in advance offers a 10% discount.
- Entertainment options - supervised children's entertainment, live stand-up comedy and magic shows, DJ music parties and live performances by guest artists (on Sun Deck), 3D Cinema, Casino (slot machines gaming area).
- Family services - the company provides high chairs, cots, safety bars for cabins' bunk beds, baby changing rooms, kids menu, children activities (games, toys, drawing sets, board games), kids play area (ball pool). The kids' entertainment program is available during peak season (movies, handicraft workshops).
- Passengers with disabilities - 6 disabled cabins (of which 2 are 2-berth / for passengers with reduced mobility), adapted toilets (in all onboard communal areas), 5 disabled lounge seats, 2 safety anchorage points (for wheelchairs), lifts (passenger elevators connecting all decks).
- Spa & Beauty Salon (massages, beauty treatments)
- Solarium (sundeck sunbathing area)
- Gifts & Travel Necessities Shop (combined boutique and general store - gifts and souvenirs, alcohol and tobaccos, perfumes and cosmetics, drinks, snacks, sweets, toiletries, electronics, toys, books, newspapers, local gourmet produce)
- Luggage Compartments - there are luggage lockers (available in the ship's passenger lounge) which are accessible throughout the voyage.
Pet Cages (upon booking, the pet cage type must be indicated). For pet owners, all Balearia ships offer 2 types of cages - small cage (max height 50-75 cm / pets less than 30 kg) and large cage (max height 70-90 cm / pets over 30 kg). Passengers can also bring their own pet carriers. In all 3 cases, cage pricing is fixed (EUR 3-10 per voyage) and varies depending on the ferry route. Valid health cards for pets are required. Under no circumstances, pets are allowed out of their cages/carriers during the crossing. During embarkation and disembarkation, dogs must be leashed and muzzled. Passengers with pets always disembark last.
Entreolas by Balearia Magazine is a free-of-charge onboard magazine themed on travel and lifestyle, culture, sports, fashion, music, cuisine, Balearia news. Wi-Fi and Internet are available at extra cost. Mobile phone chargers and Ipad rentals are also offered.
All Balearia ships are equipped with CCTV cameras with image recording. Smoking anywhere inside the ships is not permitted.
All ferried vehicles must have documentation and valid insurance. Having the car's technical data sheet makes boarding checks easier. Upon booking, the vehicle's model, length and height must be specified. Car ferry passengers must arrive at the departure port 90 min prior departure.
All Balearia ships have a hold for bikes. Free of charge travel bicycles, mopeds, and motorbikes (up to 125 ccs), which must be indicated upon booking.
Special vehicles (height over 3 m / 10 ft) must be booked via the company's Call Center (902 160 180).
Follows a list of car decks related safety procedures:
- Disabled passengers or those requiring specific assistance should visit the ship's Information Desk.
- Apply handbrake and place the vehicle in park or 1st gear position. Switch off the ignition, alarm, electrical equipment, headlights. Gas cylinders, if any, must be switched off. Lock the vehicle.
- From your vehicle take only valuables and essential hand baggage.
- Make a note of your vehicle's location and garage deck number/stairway before leaving the car deck.
- Access to the ship's vehicle (cargo) decks during the voyage is prohibited.
- Smoking on vehicle decks, as well as in cabins and passenger lounges is forbidden.
- Wait for the onboard announcement before returning to your vehicle.
- In order to avoid air pollution, don't start the engine until instructed.
Balearia ferry deals
Onboard shopping offers discounted pricing for Balearia Club members. Balearia Club members enjoy as perks:
- 10% discounts on onboard shops, bars, and restaurants
- preferential queue (priority boarding in select departure ports)
- With standard chair booking, along with the boarding card club members receive vouchers giving access to Superior Lounge (reclining leather chairs / subject to availability).
- Balearia has over 50 partnerships for exclusive offers and promotions. Club Member only provides discounts on land-based facilities and services (resorts, hotels, restaurants, chain stores, boutiques, tours, buses, travel insurance, etc).
(ferry + train travel) Balearia has a partnership with the Spanish state-owned railroad company Renfe Operadora. The company serves the routes between Paris, Lyon, Toulouse, Marseilles, Barcelona, and Madrid. The Balearia-Renfe partnership offers discounted train travel. Upon online booking the Balearia ferry, there is an option that if checked creates a Renfe promo code. The code is valid for the next 48 hours if you book online Renfe trains.
(ferry + hotel) On select routes, Balearia offers discounted ferry-hotel packages, with prices starting from around EUR 65.
(day tour) deals are valid when purchasing roundtrip tickets and within 24 hours after booking (no changes or cancellations are accepted). Kids under 13 receive a 50% discount, while babies travel for free. Day tour package prices range between EUR 10-60 (depending on itinerary). Shuttle bus service is provided.
Denia Ciutat Creativa ferry - user reviews and comments
Other BALEARIA cruise ships
Denia Ciutat Creativa ferry Wiki
The vessel (hull number 957) was launched on June 23, 1992 (floated out from drydock) under the name "Via Ligure" for the Viamare Line. The ship is powered by two SULZER marine diesel engines (model 8ZAL40S, total power output 11,5 MW) and as propulsion has two CPPs (controllable pitch propellers). Fromthe same series (sisterships) are the cruise ferries Via Ionio (now Barbara Krahulik), Via Adriatico (now Beniamino Carnevale), Puglia (now Copernicus), Drujba (now Llevante), Via Tirreno (now Galileusz) and Via Mediterraneo (now Hartmut Puschmann).
In 1994, the vessel was bought by Strintzis Lines (BLUE STAR FERRIES) and renamed "Ionian Star". Following the acquisition, the ship's passenger capacity was increased from 50 to 200. In 1999, the company CMN MERIDIONALE bought the ship and renamed it "Scandola".
In the period 2002-2012, the ferry was deployed on the route Marseille-Corsica (Propriano) and Marseille-Sardinia (Porto Torres). This service was terminated in 2012 when the ferry Piana joined CMN's fleet.