Rusadir ferry current position
Rusadir ferry current location is at West Mediterranean (coordinates 36.71562 N / -4.41782 W) cruising en route to MELILLA. The AIS position was reported 5 minutes ago.Current Position
Specifications of Rusadir ferry
|Year of build||2022 / Age: 1|
|Builder||FSG-Flensburger Schiffbau-Gesellschaft (Flensburg, Germany)|
|Class||cruiseferry (Ro-Pax ship)|
|Ferry route / homeports||Spain-Morocco (Malaga-Melilla)|
|Building cost||EUR 195 million (USD 240 million)|
|Speed||22 kn / 41 km/h / 25 mph|
|Length (LOA)||187 m / 614 ft|
|Beam (width)||31 m / 102 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||42400 gt|
|Decks with cabins||3|
|Former names||Honfleur, FSG 774|
|Owner||SIEM Group (via Siem Offshore AS)|
|Operator||BALEARIA FERRIES (via Siem Shipping UK Ltd)|
Rusadir ferry Review
Review of Rusadir ferry
The 2019-built/2020-inaugurated MS Rusadir ferry (fka Honfleur) ferry is a Ro-Pax/Ro-Ro passenger vessel operated under charter by the Spanish company BALEARIA. Honfleur was initially intended to be chartered by the French company BRITTANY FERRIES for the England-France/Cross Channel ferry route Portsmouth-Caen (crossing time 6 hours).
The ship has a max capacity of 1680 passengers, 550 cars and 64 lorries (or 130 freight trailers).
In late-July 2020 was announced that the Kristiansand Norway-based company Siem Offshore AS acquired HONFLEUR from the German shipbuilder FSG (Flensburger Schiffbau GmbH und Co. KG). The vessel (FSG hull number 774) was under construction / partially completed and planned for delivery to BRITTANY FERRIES. However, the order was canceled in June 2020 (due to construction delays) when BRITTANY FERRIES was informed by FSG that the ship could be completed in ~1 year. The insolvency proceedings for FSG started on August 1st. It was announced that the vessel's sale secured the shipyard financially for the next 6 months, but the sale price was not revealed.
Note: In October 2014, SIEM Group acquired FSG (1872-founded). In February 2019, SIEM sold 76% stake in FSG to Sapinda Holding BV. In September 2019, SIEM sold its remaining stake (24%) to the majority shareholder Tennor Holding BV. FSG went into serious financial troubles following the delayed delivery of WB Yeats (IRISH FERRIES), as the shipbuilder had to pay extra costs including compensations to the shipowner Irish Continental Group. By 2014, at FSG were built 760+ ships of different types. Construction of ferries (Ro-Ro and Ro-Pax) started in 2010.
As cruiseferry, Rusadir has a total of 257 cabins (plus 36 truck-driver cabins), all of which are air-conditioned and with en-suite bathrooms. The ferry company provides bed linens, towels, and toiletries. The ship additionally has reclining seats. Some staterooms are wheelchair-accessible (adapted for disabled passengers).
The ship's staterooms as categories are 4-berth Outside "Club Plus", 4-berth Outside "Club", 4-berth Inside, 2-berth Inside, wheelchair-accessible. Also available are reserved Club Class seats (in a reserved area providing privacy), reserved lounge seats and cots (suitable for infants up to 24 months of age). Reserved seats (cabins) aren't compulsory on day sailings.
The ferry offers pet-friendly cabins, but these are not available for online booking. Pet cabins are a limited number, so reservation in advance is required. If these are fully booked, the ship also has a small number of kennels (booths for dogs). Pets are not allowed in cabins (other than Pet-friendly 4-berth/large 2-berth inside/outside cabins), as well as in all indoor areas, bars, restaurants, lounges. Dogs can be walked on open decks but must be leashed and muzzled.
Passenger stateroom categories include:
- 4-berth Deluxe Outside (with twin beds / double bed and 2 bunk beds)
- 4-berth (large 2-berth) Inside / Outside (with 2 lower beds + 2 upper bunk beds)
- 2-berth Inside (with 2 lower beds)
- 4-berth (large 2-berth) "Pet-friendly" Inside / Outside (13 in number, with 2 lower beds + 2 upper bunk beds). Pets (including in pet carriers) are not permitted in passenger cabins.
- 2-berth "Disabled Cabin" / Twin Outside (with 2 lower beds; bathroom with a wider door, a wheelchair-accessible shower, grab bars, alarms)
All passengers must vacate their suites 30 min prior to homeport arrival.
Shipboard dining and entertainment options
As facilities, the Rusadir cruise ship offers:
- A La Carte Restaurant (120-seat, offers locally-sourced meals prepared by French chefs)
- La Restaurant (self-service/buffet restaurant, hot and cold meals)
- Le Cafe / Tea Room (sandwiches, cakes, pastries, hot/cold drinks, HDTVs)
- 2 cinemas - tickets can be purchased from Information Desk
- kids playroom (part of Le Restaurant, children's entertainment program is available during peak season)
- Games Planet (teen lounge - video games, air hockey table)
- Baby changing rooms, complimentary Baggage Room
- Chance Planet (casino/gambling lounge with slot machines)
- Reading Lounge
- 2 Reserved Seating Lounges (with reclining / Pullman seats)
- Le Bar (fine French wines, cocktails, cold/hot drinks, HDTVs - DJ, cabaret and pianist is available during peak season)
- Les Boutiques shops - gifts, souvenirs, spirits, wines, tobaccos, perfumes, cosmetics, leather goods, toys, confectionery, clothing, cameras, sunglasses, jewelry), shopping promotions
- free Wi-Fi (available in all passenger spaces), ATM / cash machine (next to Information Desk / Reception which provides large screens with information about the services and recommended attractions available onboard, as well as train connections)
- disabled toilets
- elevators (passenger lifts) accessing all decks.
Sun Deck is an outdoor area that doubles as Helideck (helipad) - a helicopter landing platform used in cases of emergency.
Pet Cages (upon booking, the pet cage type must be indicated). Passengers can also bring their own pet carriers. Valid health cards for pets are required. The dog's chip is scanned and the Pet Passport checked. The company places a sticker on the traveler's car windscreen to ensure it is parked appropriately.
Under no circumstances, pets are allowed out of their cages/carriers during the crossing. During embarkation and disembarkation, dogs must be leashed and muzzled, as well as whilst in the pet exercise area. Passengers with pets always disembark last. They may also choose to leave their pet in their vehicle for the length of the sailing, with visits subject to weather (open your vehicle window in order to provide ventilation and leave some water for your pet). Access to the garage decks during the sailing is forbidden, except when with a crew member. To visit a pet during the crossing, guests need a ticket that can be obtained at the information desk upon presentation of a passport or driving license (the ID will be securely held during the visit). No pet visits to the garage decks are allowed on overnight sailings. For security reasons, visits are limited to 1 person per vehicle for a maximum period of 15 minutes.
The ship features an art collection of around 1000 works, including paintings, sculptures, ceramics, photographs. Many artworks were made by local artists.
All onboard emergency instructions are displayed in staterooms, on the TV screens and at the ship's assembly stations (aka muster stations). Life jackets are issued at the assembly stations. In case of emergency, the use of elevators/passenger lifts is forbidden.
Balearia ferry deals
Onboard shopping offers discounted pricing for Balearia Club members. Balearia Club members enjoy as perks:
- 10% discounts on onboard shops, bars, and restaurants
- preferential queue (priority boarding in select departure ports)
- With standard chair booking, along with the boarding card club members receive vouchers giving access to Superior Lounge (reclining leather chairs / subject to availability).
- Balearia has over 50 partnerships for exclusive offers and promotions. Club Member only provides discounts on land-based facilities and services (resorts, hotels, restaurants, chain stores, boutiques, tours, buses, travel insurance, etc).
(ferry + train travel) Balearia has a partnership with the Spanish state-owned railroad company Renfe Operadora. The company serves the routes between Paris, Lyon, Toulouse, Marseilles, Barcelona, and Madrid. The Balearia-Renfe partnership offers discounted train travel. Upon online booking the Balearia ferry, there is an option that if checked creates a Renfe promo code. The code is valid for the next 48 hours if you book online Renfe trains.
(ferry + hotel) On select routes, Balearia offers discounted ferry-hotel packages, with prices starting from around EUR 65.
(day tour) deals are valid when purchasing roundtrip tickets and within 24 hours after booking (no changes or cancellations are accepted). Kids under 13 receive a 50% discount, while babies travel for free. Day tour package prices range between EUR 10-60 (depending on itinerary). Shuttle bus service is provided.
Follows a list of car decks-related safety procedures:
- Disabled passengers or those requiring specific assistance should visit the ship's Information Desk, open 24-hours).
- Apply handbrake and place the vehicle in park or 1st gear position. Switch off the ignition, alarm, electrical equipment, headlights. Gas cylinders, if any, must be switched off. Lock the vehicle.
- From your vehicle take only valuables and essential hand baggage.
- Make a note of your vehicle's location and garage deck number/stairway before leaving the car deck.
- Access to the ship's vehicle (cargo) decks during the voyage is prohibited.
- Smoking on vehicle decks, as well as in cabins and passenger lounges is forbidden.
- Wait for the onboard announcement before returning to your vehicle.
In order to avoid air pollution, don't start the engine until instructed.
Rusadir ferry - user reviews and comments
Photos of Rusadir ferryAdd Photo
Rusadir ferry ship related cruise news
- Cruise Industry
Port Malaga (Spain Granada) is advancing its sustainability commitment through the Green Port initiative, focusing on the supply of alternative fuels...November 23, 2023
- Cruise Industry
Kristiansand Norway-based company Siem Offshore AS acquired the cruiseferry HONFLEUR from the German shipbuilder FSG (Flensburger Schiffbau...July 29, 2020
- Cruise Industry
Plans to launch 9 new passenger ferries on the UK and Ireland routes show the cruise industry is continuing to flourish. Brittany Ferries...January 7, 2019
- Cruise Industry
A new cruiseferry powered by LNG (liquified natural gas) took to the water for the first time at an official ship-launching ceremony in Germany...December 14, 2018
- Cruise Industry
Flensburger Schiffbau-Gesellschaft (FSG) has begun to assemble the hull of Honfleur, Brittany Ferries’ first LNG-powered vessel, at its...August 17, 2018
- show more news
Other BALEARIA cruise ships
Rusadir ferry Wiki
The registered current shipowner is SY NEWSHIP 1 PTE LTD and as managing company is registered SIEM SHIPPING UK LTD, both companies being subsidiaries of SIEM Group SCRL (Norway).
MS Honfleur was introduced as BRITTANY FERRIES' first LNG-powered vessel (fueled by liquefied natural gas), the largest regularly-scheduled cruiseferry in the English Channel and one of the company's largest newbuilds - together with the E-FLEXERs chartered from STENA RORO.
The ship has four engines running on LNG (fuel without any sulfur emissions) which generates less CO2 emissions and no soot particles - in comparison to diesel-powered ships. The propulsion system is diesel-electric, consisting of modern Azipod units (below waterline azimuthing thrusters). This type of propulsion is used extensively on large-sized cruise liners as it generates less noise and vibrations and also optimizes fuel consumption at lower speeds. Honfleur ship's combined power output is 30 MW.
On December 11, 2017, BRITTANY FERRIES signed the shipbuilding financing, part of EUR 750 million "Green Shipping Guarantee" program. The program was put in place in 2016, supported by "European Investment Bank" and "Societe Generale". Both banks signed a EUR 150 million guarantee agreement to support the vessel's construction. Societe Generale was the main arranger of EUR 142,6 million ship financing, which also includes a EUR 49,5 million tranche fully guaranteed by the European Investment Bank.
In January 2018, the UK-based law firm "Watson Farley & Williams" (office Paris France) advised BRITTANY FERRIES on the EUR 178 million Honfleur ship financing. The deal (loan and lease purchase) was backed by a banking consortium that included Societe Generale (main arranger) and European Investment Bank.
The vessel's construction started in March 2018 with the steel-cutting ceremony at FSG-Flensburger Shipyard (Flensburg Germany). Keel-laying and coin ceremony was held on August 17, 2018, which started the vessel's physical construction/assembly.
The vessel (FSG hull number 774) was scheduled for launch in June 2019 and inauguration in December. The ship was launched/floated out from drydock at FSG (Flensburger Schiffbau-Gesellschaft) on December 14, 2018.
On the UK-France route (Portsmouth-Caen), Honfleur had to operate together with the fleetmate Mont St Michel. This service runs three times daily.
BALEARIA operates the Malaga-Melilla (Spain-Morocco) route with Rusadir since 2020. For the line, the ferryboat is regularly LNG bunkered (refueled with Liquefied Natural Gas) in Port Malaga via tanker trucks from ESK Gas Logistics.