MS Monarch Governess last position
MS Monarch Governess last location was at Europe Inland (coordinates 48.23632 N / 14.50380 E) cruising en route to ENNSHAFEN. The AIS position was reported 1 day ago.Current Position
Specifications of MS Monarch Governess
|Year built||2009 / Age: 11|
|Builder||Scheepswerf Den Breejen Shipyard (Hardinxveld-Giessendam, Holland)|
|Owner||MS Main GmbH & Co KG Hamburg|
|Operator||Gate 1 Travel (Europe)|
|Speed||12 kn / 22 kph / 14 mph|
|Length (LOA)||110 m / 361 ft|
|Beam (width)||12 m / 39 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||3350 gt|
|Passengers||65 - 138|
|Decks with cabins||3|
|Sister-ships||Avalon Felicity, Avalon Luminary|
|Former names||Avalon Affinity|
|Christened by||Suzanne Hall|
MS Monarch Governess Review
Review of MS Monarch Governess
MS Monarch Governess (fka Avalon Affinity) ship cruises on Moselle, Rhine and Danube Rivers along the inland waterways of Holland, France, Belgium, and Germany. The ship is homeported in Amsterdam (Holland), Basel-Zurich, Vienna and Budapest.
On March 9, 2018, Avalon Waterways announced that fleet's three 138-passenger sisterships (Felicity, Affinity, Luminary) will leave the fleet (end their charters with Avalon) in 2019. The three riverboats are currently chartered by the tour company "Gate 1 Travel" under the names Monarch Countess (Felicity), Monarch Governess (Affinity) and Monarch Duchess (Luminary). Gate1Travel's river cruise fleet also includes Monarch Princess (Avalon Creativity).
Avalon Affinity boasts with well-appointed and spacious deluxe suites and staterooms, most of them featuring a large sliding-glass door, floor-to-ceiling, with a French Balcony. Avalon Affinity has a total number of 65 cabins (of which 28 Avalon Suite, 30 French Balcony, 11 with non-opening windows) in 9 grades.
Cabins Types, Sizes, Categories (high to low)
- amenities in all types of staterooms - 2 twin beds converting to queen-sized, 3-door closets with shelves, private bathroom (glass-door shower, hairdryer, bathrobes, slippers), sofa, coffee table, flat TV, vanity/writing desk, private French balcony (floor-to-ceiling sliding door), individual climate control, phone, minibar, safe, deluxe pillow menu, complimentary bottled water. Cabin occupancy - 2 guests in a room.
- Suites - (x4, JR), size 258 ft2 / 24 m2)
- Deluxe Staterooms (category, number) - P (x24), A (x18), B (x12), E (11) - size 172 ft2 / 16 m2).
Shipboard restaurants are two - Dining Room (with Buffet station) and Sky Bistro (al-fresco). The boat also has Bar Lounge (indoor observation venue with floor-ceiling windows and terrace / outside viewing deck), Club Lounge, Library/Internet Corner, Atrium Lobby (glass-walled and covered by SkyLight), Hair Salon, Gym/Fitness Center, Sun Deck (Sky Lounge & Bistro, Whirlpool (outdoor jacuzzi), sunbathing area with loungers, shaded seating area (retractables awnings, deckchairs, tables), deckgames area (Giant Chess Set). One elevator (glass-walled lift) connects all cabin decks. Free Wi-Fi access and complimentary Internet are provided throughout the ship.
Gate1Travel river cruise deals are inclusive of Wi-Fi Internet, room-service, all land tours and excursions (by certified local tour guides), motorcoach transfers, live evening entertainment (local performers), daily enrichment lectures, ship tour ("behind-the-scenes"), food and wine tastings, 24-hour premium coffee/tea/hot chocolate, replenished daily bottled water.
River Cruise Itineraries
Follows the list of Avalon Affinity itineraries operated for Avalon Waterways.
- (3-nights cruising) "A Taste of the Danube" 8-days river cruises from Vienna to Budapest (Eastbound, code WVB), and the reverse from Budapest to Vienna (Westbound, code WBV).
- (7-nights cruising) "Capitals of Central Europe" 10-days Danube river cruises from Prague to Budapest (Eastbound, code WPB), and the reverse from Budapest to Prague (Westbound, code WBP). Both itineraries include bus transfer Prague-Passau (embarkation/disembarkation). "Cruising-Only" deals are from Passau to Budapest (code WPBO, non-inclusive of Prague hotel package).
- (7-nights cruising) "Romantic Rhine" 8-days river cruises from Zurich to Amsterdam (Northbound, code WZA), and the reverse from Amsterdam to Zurich (Southbound, code WAZ). "Cruising-Only" deals are from Amsterdam to Basel (code WAZ).
- (5-nights cruising) "Austrian Highlights and Bavaria" are 9-days river cruises from Munich to Vienna (Eastbound, code WPV), and the reverse from Vienna to Munich/Passau (Westbound, code WVP). Departures from Vienna include disembarkation in Passau, then bus travel to Munich (luxury hotel package included /2-night stay). "Cruising-Only" deals are from Vienna to Passau (code WVPO) and from Passau to Vienna (code WPVO).
- (12-nights cruising) "The Rhine and Moselle" are 13-days river cruises from Zurich to Amsterdam (Northbound, code WZRA), and the reverse from Amsterdam to Basel (Southbound, code WARZ).
- (7-nights cruising) "Tulip Time Cruise" is Springtime themed 8-days Belgium and Holland river cruises from Amsterdam (round-trip, code WAA).
MS Monarch Governess - user reviews and comments
Photos of MS Monarch GovernessAdd Photo
MS Monarch Governess ship related cruise news
Other Gate 1 Travel Europe cruise ships
MS Monarch Governess Wiki
The riverboat is in the same vessel class with the Avalon ships Felicity (Monarch Countess), Luminary (Monarch Duchess), Creativity (Monarch Princess) and Scenery (Leonora). This river cruise ship design features the "French Balcony" staterooms concept. Suite accommodations offer a French Balcony view in the seating area, in addition to a large floor-to-ceiling window. Each of these vessels is equipped with two Caterpillar Marine diesel engines (type "C32 ACERT", total power output 1420 kW / 1930 HP). Ship's propulsion is diesel-electric, with an azimuth thruster and an SDS ("Silent Drive System" separating the ship's engines from passenger staterooms).
The cruise ship Avalon Affinity was christened on May 9, 2009, in Volendam (Holland) by godmother Suzanne Hall - Sr Director of "Ensemble Travel Group" (a member-owned organization of independent vacation travel agencies operating in North America /USA and Canada).
Note: You can see the CruiseMapper's list of all river cruise ships and riverboats in the "itinerary" section of our River Cruises hub. All companies and their fleets are listed there.
MS Monarch Governess User Reviews
There are no user reviews for this ship. Be first, share your experience!Write a Review