MS Monarch Princess Review and Specifications
Specifications of MS Monarch Princess
|Year built||2009 / Age : 11|
|Builder||Scheepswerf Den Breejen Shipyard (Hardinxveld-Giessendam, Holland)|
|Owner||MS Rhein GmbH & Co KG Hamburg|
|Operator||Gate 1 Travel (Europe)|
|Speed||12 kn / 22 kph / 14 mph|
|Length (LOA)||110 m / 361 ft|
|Beam (width)||12 m / 39 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||2022 gt|
|Decks with cabins||3|
|Sister-ships||Avalon Scenery (MS Leonora)|
|Former names||Avalon Creativity|
|Christened by||Nancy Telliho|
Review of MS Monarch Princess
MS Monarch Princess (fka Avalon Creativity) ship cruises on Seine River, departing from homeport Paris France. There are also combined itineraries with a second ship departing from Cote d'Azur, Arles and Chalon-sur-Saone.
Until 2019, the vessel was chartered by Avalon Waterways from "MS Rhein GmbH & Co KG Hamburg" under the name "Avalon Creativity". In 2019, the riverboat was chartered by the tour company "Gate 1 Travel" under the name "Monarch Princess". Gate1Travel's river cruise fleet also includes the former Avalon ships Monarch Countess (Felicity), Monarch Governess (Affinity) and Monarch Duchess (Luminary). Creativity's fleetmate and sistership Avalon Scenery was sold to HTL Cruises and renamed MS Leonora.
Carrying up to just 140 guests, the ship provides staterooms that are 15% larger than the standard in the industry - with floor-to-ceiling windows allowing passengers to be comfortable and fully engaged with sightseeing along the river. Avalon Creativity has a total number of 70 cabins (of which 2 Avalon Suite, 57 French Balcony, 11 with non-opening windows) in 5 grades.
Cabins Types, Sizes, Categories (high to low)
- Amenities in all types of staterooms - 2 twin beds converting to queen-sized, 3-door closets with shelves, private bathroom (glass-door shower, hairdryer, bathrobes, slippers), sofa, coffee table, flat TV, vanity/writing desk, private French balcony (floor-to-ceiling sliding door), individual climate control, phone, minibar, safe, deluxe pillow menu, complimentary bottled water. Cabin occupancy - 2 guests in a room.
- Suites - 2x "Avalon Suites" (JR) - deck 3, size 258 ft2 / 24 m2.
- Deluxe Staterooms (category, number) - P (x27, deck 3), A (x18, deck 2), B (12, deck 3), E (11, deck 1) - size 172 ft2 / 16 m2).
From a hair salon and fitness center to free Wi-Fi throughout and complimentary Internet Corner, this cruise ship was built with an impressive collection of amenities to enhance the river journey. The whirlpool located on the Sky Deck pampers with refreshing dips after a day full of magnificent views. The beverage self-serve station serves complimentary cappuccinos, hot chocolate, lattes, teas, and much more each day.
Shipboard restaurants are two - Dining Room (with Buffet station) and Sky Bistro (al-fresco). The boat also has Bar Lounge (indoor observation venue with floor-ceiling windows and terrace / outside viewing deck), Club Lounge, Library/Internet Corner, Atrium Lobby (glass-walled and covered by SkyLight), Hair Salon, Gym/Fitness Center, Sun Deck (Sky Lounge & Bistro, Whirlpool (outdoor jacuzzi), sunbathing area with loungers, shaded seating area (retractables awnings, deckchairs, tables), deckgames area (Giant Chess Set). One elevator (glass-walled lift) connects all cabin decks. Free Wi-Fi access and complimentary Internet are provided throughout the ship.
Gate1Travel river cruise deals are inclusive of Wi-Fi Internet, room-service, all land tours and excursions (by certified local tour guides), motorcoach transfers, live evening entertainment (local performers), daily enrichment lectures, Creativity cruise ship tour ("behind-the-scenes"), food and wine tastings, 24-hour premium coffee/tea/hot chocolate, replenished daily bottled water.
River Cruise Itineraries
Follows the list of Avalon Creativity itineraries operated for Avalon Waterways.
- (7-nights cruising) "Paris to Normandy Landing Beaches" are 8-days Seine river cruises from Paris (round-trip, code WPP).
- (Two ships, 14-nights cruising) "Grand France" are 16-days combined Seine, Saone and Rhone river cruises from Paris to Cote d’Azur (Southbound, code WPL), and the reverse from Cote d’Azur to Paris (Northbound, code WLP). This is "back-to-back" river travel option combining the Creativity's Seine river cruise with the "Burgundy and Provence" route operated by another Avalon riverboat. These cruisetour deals offer embarkation and disembarkation in Paris, Chalon, and Arles, with included TGV train (speed train) travel Paris-Dijon or the reverse Dijon-Paris.
MS Monarch Princess - user reviews and comments
Photos of MS Monarch PrincessAdd Photo
Other Gate 1 Travel Europe cruise ships
MS Monarch Princess Wiki
The riverboat Avalon Creativity is in the same vessel class with the Avalon ships Affinity (now Monarch Governess), Felicity (now Monarch Countess), Luminary (now Monarch Duchess) and Scenery (now Leonora). Creativity was the second-oldest vessel in the Avalon Waterways fleet (after Scenery). Each of these vessels is equipped with two Caterpillar Marine diesel engines (type "C32 ACERT", total power output 1420 kW / 1930 HP). Ship's propulsion is diesel-electric, with an azimuth thruster and an SDS ("Silent Drive System" separating the ship's engines from passenger staterooms).
Note: You can see the CruiseMapper's list of all river cruise ships and riverboats in the "itinerary" section of our River Cruises hub. All companies and their fleets are listed there.
MS Monarch Princess User Reviews
There are no user reviews for this ship. Be first, share your experience!Write a Review