George Town cruise port is located on Grand Cayman Island, and is a popular port of call on Western Caribbean cruise itineraries. The port city is also the capital of Cayman Islands (a British Overseas Territory). The group also includes Little Cayman Island and Cayman Bra Island.
- George Town is located south of Havana Cuba and northwest of Jamaica. The population of Grand Cayman is approx 40,000.
- George Town port attracts passengers mainly with its underwater attractions and beaches. The island also offers a lot of shopping possibilities. Cayman Islands have their own constitution but they are a British Overseas Territory. The islands’ highest official is the governor.
George Town is the itineraries of major cruise lines including Carnival Cruise Lines, Royal Caribbean, Princess, MSC, Cunard, P&O and Norwegian.
- Seven Mile Beach is a beautiful beach featuring clear water and amazing views. Across the beach are located numerous hotels, outdoor bars and restaurants for cruise passengers to enjoy while there. Among those beach locations is also the Royal Caribbean's exclusive beach "Royal Palms Beach Club".
- Royal Palms Beach Club is an approx 10-min taxi ride from the RCI's ship tendering point. To go there, just exit the passenger tendering area, pass the shore excursions/tours area and go into the parking lot from where take a taxi (rates around USD 4 PP). The Royal Palms club has USD 2 PP entrance fee. Umbrella rental is USD 15 per day, beach chair rental is USD 10, beach cabana rental is USD 100 per day, locker costs USD 10 per day. Watersport rentals (cost per hour) include - jet ski ($75), jet pack ($150), snorkeling gear ($15), paddleboard ($25), sea kayak ($25), parasail ($80), serenity float ($12), snorkeling tour ($35). Royal Palms facilities include an outdoor restaurant, an open-air bar, an outdoor swimming pool.
Highlights: Georgetown, Diving and snorkelling, beaches
George Town cruise terminal
George Town cruise port is a tender port. The cruise ships anchor and the passengers are tendered ashore by boats or commercial tenders. Usually, the ships anchor around 15 minutes from George Town cruise port.
To accommodate all ships’ calling, George Town has three tender terminal along the main shore road in the city - South Terminal, North Terminal and Royal Watler Cruise Terminal.
The terminal buildings at all George Town cruise port tender docks are small shaded areas where passengers are gathered for tours or are waiting to be tendered back to the cruise ship.
George Town cruise port tender terminals are within walking distance from most of the city highlights. Cayman Islands have their own public transportation service. Also, there are taxis available on Grand Cayman.
Tourism offices are available close to South and North George Town cruise port tenders.
George Town tours, shore excursions, hotels
City Tours and Shore Excursions
- Stingray City: the top-rated attraction of Grand Cayman.
- Shopping in George Town: the main shopping street is Cardinal Avenue. There is located the Caymania Duty Free. Great place for shopping is Kirk Freeport – duty free with Swiss watches, crystal and china. You can visit also the Jewelry Center or the shops in the Galleria Plaza (located at West Bay Road).
- Scuba-diving and snorkeling: main attractions of the Cayman Islands.
- The Cayman Turtle Farm: the farm houses around 16,000 turtles. The farm is surrounded by an amazing park. Located at Northwest Point Road (West Bay).
- Queen Elizabeth II Botanic Park: is spreads over 65 acres. Located in the North Side district, it works from 9 AM.
- Dolphin Discovery: across from the Turtle Farm in West Bay is the Dolphin Discovery. You have the opportunity to see, play and swim with those amazing mammals.
- The Pedro St. James Castle: islands’ oldest structure made of stones. It is known as the birthplace of the Cayman Islands democracy.
The George Town cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near George Town, Grand Cayman Island.
If you lose the George Town location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.
Port George Town cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from George Town, Grand Cayman Island. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|Day||Ships in port|
2 January, 2017
3 January, 2017
4 January, 2017
5 January, 2017
6 January, 2017
7 January, 2017
8 January, 2017
9 January, 2017
10 January, 2017
11 January, 2017
12 January, 2017
16 January, 2017
17 January, 2017
18 January, 2017
19 January, 2017
20 January, 2017
21 January, 2017
22 January, 2017
23 January, 2017
24 January, 2017
25 January, 2017
26 January, 2017
27 January, 2017
28 January, 2017
29 January, 2017
30 January, 2017
31 January, 2017
MSC Cruises announced it will further strengthen line's presence in Cuba by homeporting a 2nd ship in Havana from Winter 2016-2017 season, due...December 3, 2015
According to Cayman Compass, the premier of Cayman Islands said the government intended to build a huge concrete cruise dock in George Town harbor...October 2, 2015
Carnival’s 2,124-passenger Carnival Pride returns to Port of Tampa in order to operate on a series of 5- to 14-day cruises in January and...August 27, 2015
Norwegian Cruise Line’s largest ship and currently 3rd largest in the world, Norwegian Epic, will sail from Port Canaveral starting November...August 3, 2015