Stockholm cruise port is located on the Baltic Sea. It is on the meeting point of Lake Malar and Salt Bay. Stockholm is the capital city of Sweden. The cruising season is during the summer months.
Stockholm cruise port is a major port for Baltic cruises. The city premier attraction for tourist is the famous Galma Stan. Stockholm is the first Green Capital of Europe.
Highlights: Venice of the North, Royal Palace, Old Town, City Hall
Stockholm cruise terminal
Stockholm cruise port has 5 quays. They are close to Galma Stan or the Old Town.
Skeppsbron and Förtöjning På Strömmen are the closest to Galma Stan. Stadsgården is located south of Galma Stan and Frihamnen and Värtahamnen – are located north of the landmark, in the commercial area of the port.
Skeppsbron quay is close to the Royal Palace and serves small cruise ships.
Förtöjning På Strömmen serves Holland America Line and Cunard Line.
Stadsgården serves bigger cruise ships. It has a smal terminal building and it is near Fotografika.
Frihamnen quay is the most popular Stockholm cruise port terminal. The building is new, designed in bright colors. Stockholm cruise port terminal at Frihamnen offers cafe, WI-FI, eateries and tourist information. In front there are taxis available and bus stop. If you want to use a bus from Stockholm cruise port terminal, take #76 to visit popular city sights.
Värtahamnen serves Azamara Club Cruises and it is five miles north from Galma Stan.
Parking: not available.
Stockholm tours, shore excursions, hotels
City Tours and Shore Excursions
- Gamla Stan: Stockholm was founded here in 1252. Galma Stan and Riddarholmen island, located in adjacent, are a living museum with cafes, restaurants, bars, attractions, shops and amazing sights. The streets are narrow and coblestoned. The buildings are in different gold shades. If you go there in the winter you will get a “story book” feeling. You can visit attractions like the Nobel Museum, the Stockholm Cathedral and the Royal Palace with its Royal Armory.
- Royal Palace: His Majesty the king of Sweden official residence.
- Royal national city park: take a walk in the forest surrounding the city. You can meet hares, deer, moose and foxes. There are rare bird species, insects and beautiful butterflies. Don’t miss the Ekoparken.
- Stromma boat sightseeing: take voyage under the Stockholm’s bridges. It will take you from an hour to two hours and a half to take a different look of the city. You can combine boat tour with an open bus tour.
- National Museum of Sweden: on display are collections of arts, paintings, sculpures, graphics, drawings and handicrafts. You will find works of Rubens, Rembrandt, Renoir, Degas, Goya and local artist like Bruno Liljefors, Hanna Pauli, Carl Larsson and Anders Zorn.
- Stockholm city hall: the designer of the romanticism style building is Ragnar Östberg. It was inaugurated in 1923 on Midsummer Eve.
- Fotografiska: contemporary photography place, one of the world’s largest. Annually there are about 4 large and 20 small exhibitions.
The Stockholm cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near Stockholm, Sweden.
If you lose the Stockholm location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.
Port Stockholm cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Stockholm, Sweden. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|Day||Ships in port|
7 May, 2017
15 May, 2017
17 May, 2017
20 May, 2017
21 May, 2017
31 May, 2017
2 May, 2017
5 May, 2017
8 May, 2017
9 May, 2017
10 May, 2017
11 May, 2017
12 May, 2017
13 May, 2017
18 May, 2017
19 May, 2017
22 May, 2017
23 May, 2017
24 May, 2017
25 May, 2017
26 May, 2017
29 May, 2017
30 May, 2017
In October 2016 the cruise season concluded when AIDAmar arrived in Stockholm. It was another good cruise season, with port of Stockholm...November 7, 2016
On Friday night (July 15), German singer and songwriter Lena Meyer-Landrut christened Mein Schiff 5 off Lübeck-Travemünde. After performing...July 18, 2016
At a dedication ceremony held in Almere, The Netherlands, Carnival Corporation officially opened a new €75M cruise safety training facility...July 16, 2016
TUI Cruises took delivery of its newest ship Mein Schiff 5 from Meyer Turku shipyard yesterday, June 20, 10 days ahead of schedule. Frank Kuhlmann...June 20, 2016
Holland America Line’s ms Zuiderdam arrived in Kiel from Stockholm Saturday morning for her maiden call to the port. The HAL ship is the first...May 16, 2016
Crystal Cruises 2017-18 worldwide cruise atlas showcases 109 itineraries aboard Crystal Serenity and Crystal Symphony. The two ships will visit 116...March 26, 2016
Thomson Cruises returns to the United Kingdom next year with a series of sailings departing from Newcastle. The line will base its Thomson...March 2, 2016
A luxury cruise vessel which spent decades crossing the waters of the Mediterranean and the Caribbean could be en route for the chilly Baltic coast...February 19, 2016
Norwegian Cruise Line (NCL), starting summer 2017, will position five of its cruise ships in Europe, the biggest deployment to the region in...January 27, 2016
The newest TUI Cruises ship, Mein Schiff 5, was launched on Friday (January 15) at Meyer Turku shipyard in Finland. Ferdinand Strohmeier, Vice...January 16, 2016
- show more news