Stockholm cruise port is located on the Baltic Sea. It is on the meeting point of Lake Malar and Salt Bay. Stockholm is the capital city of Sweden. The cruising season is during the summer months.
Stockholm cruise port is a major port for Baltic cruises. The city premier attraction for tourist is the famous Galma Stan. Stockholm is the first Green Capital of Europe.
Stockholm cruise port serves major cruise lines including Holland America Line, Cunard Line, Royal Caribbean, Princess Cruises, MSC, Costa Cruises, Silversea and Azamara Club Cruises.
Highlights: Venice of the North, Royal Palace, Old Town, City Hall
Stockholm cruise terminal
Stockholm cruise port has 5 quays. They are close to Galma Stan or the Old Town.
Skeppsbron and Förtöjning På Strömmen are the closest to Galma Stan. Stadsgården is located south of Galma Stan and Frihamnen and Värtahamnen – are located north of the landmark, in the commercial area of the port.
Skeppsbron quay is close to the Royal Palace and serves small cruise ships.
Förtöjning På Strömmen serves Holland America Line and Cunard Line.
Stadsgården serves bigger cruise ships. It has a smal terminal building and it is near Fotografika.
Frihamnen quay is the most popular Stockholm cruise port terminal. The building is new, designed in bright colors. Stockholm cruise port terminal at Frihamnen offers cafe, WI-FI, eateries and tourist information. In front there are taxis available and bus stop. If you want to use a bus from Stockholm cruise port terminal, take #76 to visit popular city sights.
Värtahamnen serves Azamara Club Cruises and it is five miles north from Galma Stan.
Parking: not available.
Stockholm tours, shore excursions, hotels
City Tours and Shore Excursions
- Gamla Stan: Stockholm was founded here in 1252. Galma Stan and Riddarholmen island, located in adjacent, are a living museum with cafes, restaurants, bars, attractions, shops and amazing sights. The streets are narrow and coblestoned. The buildings are in different gold shades. If you go there in the winter you will get a “story book” feeling. You can visit attractions like the Nobel Museum, the Stockholm Cathedral and the Royal Palace with its Royal Armory.
- Royal Palace: His Majesty the king of Sweden official residence.
- Royal national city park: take a walk in the forest surrounding the city. You can meet hares, deer, moose and foxes. There are rare bird species, insects and beautiful butterflies. Don’t miss the Ekoparken.
- Stromma boat sightseeing: take voyage under the Stockholm’s bridges. It will take you from an hour to two hours and a half to take a different look of the city. You can combine boat tour with an open bus tour.
- National Museum of Sweden: on display are collections of arts, paintings, sculpures, graphics, drawings and handicrafts. You will find works of Rubens, Rembrandt, Renoir, Degas, Goya and local artist like Bruno Liljefors, Hanna Pauli, Carl Larsson and Anders Zorn.
- Stockholm city hall: the designer of the romanticism style building is Ragnar Östberg. It was inaugurated in 1923 on Midsummer Eve.
- Fotografiska: contemporary photography place, one of the world’s largest. Annually there are about 4 large and 20 small exhibitions.
The Stockholm cruise port map is interactive. It shows the port's exact location, along with the real-time cruise ship traffic (if any) in its vicinity - today, and right now. By zooming-out you can see other cruise ship ports located near Stockholm, Sweden.
If you lose the Stockholm location on the map, simply reload the page (also with F5 button). This feature is integrated with the CruiseMapper's cruise ship tracker tracking the vessels' current positions at sea and in ports.
Port Stockholm cruise ship schedule shows timetable calendars of all arrival and departure dates by month. The port's schedule lists all ships (in links) with cruises going to or leaving from Stockholm, Sweden. To see the full itineraries (ports of call dates and arrival / departure times) and their lowest rates – just follow the corresponding ship-link.
|Day||Ships in port|
6 October, 2016
13 October, 2016