Carnival Breeze Review and Specifications
Specifications of Carnival Breeze
|Builder||FINCANTIERI TRIESTE ITALY|
|Year of built||2012|
|Gross Tonnage||128052 gt|
|Passengers||3690 - 4428|
|Decks with cabins||9|
Review of Carnival Breeze
Launched in 2012, Carnival Breeze is the 3rd Dream class vessel in the Carnival Cruise Lines fleet, together with Carnival Dream (debuted in September 2009) and Carnival Magic (debuted in May 2011). The Breeze ship is scheduled for refurbishment in April 2017.
History - construction & ownership
The shipowner Carnival Cruise Lines is an American company headquartered in Doral, Florida. It was founded as an independent company by Ted Arison in 1972. Today, it is one of the 9 cruise ship brands owned and operated by Carnival Corp. & plc. The line has the largest fleet in the whole Carnival group of cruise companies, with 24 ships currently in operation, and accounting for 21.1% of the cruise industry's worldwide market.
The 130,000-ton, 3,690-passenger cruise ship Carnival Breeze was launched on June 3, 2012. This ship introduced the line's first complete "Fun Ship 2.0" concept. It is a fleetwide initiative concentrated on food, drink and amusement, allowing Carnival cruise passengers to tour, taste and laugh their way through new onboard places. Breeze is the first Fun Ship in decades that was not constructed by Joe Farcus - the man that dreamed in neon and polished marble.
Much of what is found on the Carnival ships Dream and Magic is on the Breeze too. Breeze is also the receiver of huge design and amenity changes. Carnival has dispensed with Joe Farcus, its wildly creative, wildly divisive lead designer for the last 3 decades. Comity-wise, the vessel features a slew of new attractions offering burgers, burritos, booze and George Lopez. The variations come by way of the line's $500 million Fun Ship 2.0 enterprise, a project which also calls for the modernization of older vessels with the new goods.
Cruise itinerary program
Carnival Breeze cruise liner spent its ianugural cruise season in Europe, starting with a 12-night maiden voyage on June 3, 2012. Followed a set of 12-night itineraries in the Mediterranean Sea out of Barcelona Spain (through Oct 25, 2012). Next was the 13-night Transatlantic cruise (Nov 6 – Nov 21) to Miami, where the ship was home-porte for year-round, alternating 6- and 8-night Caribbean cruises from Miami FL.
The current Carnival Breeze itinerary program is based on departures from Port of Miami Florida. On its Florida round-trips, the ship visits popular islands and ports of call in the Eastern, Western and Southern Caribbean. Starting December 2016, the ship will be leaving from Port of Galveston Texas to Western Caribbean and Florida-Bahamas ports of call.
Most Carnival Breeze staterooms are 185-220-sq.foot insides (719), oceanview (221) and balcony (851, with verandas of 35-75 sq.feet). Breeze also has the "cove balcony" rooms. Located on Deck 2, these 185-sq.foot cabins are made intimate as they are shielded from overlookers by the ship's lifeboats. Largest accommodations on the ship are the Grand Suites located on deck 7.
Dining options - Food & Drinks
Breeze is the line's first Carnival cruise vessel to feature a stand-alone sushi restaurant - Bonsai Sushi. It is decked out with koi kites, Bonsai trees and artwork made by graffiti painters Erni Vales. The restaurant offers sushi, sashimi and rolls along with bento boxes and "sushi vessel". Pricing is a la carte, from 1 dollar for appetizersized pieces to 15 dollars for a sushi for a couple.
Follows the complete list of Carnival Breeze restaurants and food bars.
- Sapphire Restaurant (2-level forward Dining Room, entertainment options are the “Punchliner Comedy Brunch" and “Seuss At Sea” for kids)
- Blush Restaurant (2-level aft Dining Room)
- Ocean Plaza (lounge area) served by the Plaza Cafe (patisserie)
- Bonsai Sushi Bar (Japanese restaurant)
- Fat Jimmy’s C-Side BBQ (barbeque & grill restaurant)
- RedFrog Pub (live music, serving the ThirstyFrog Red beer /private label draft beer)
- Fahrenheit 555 Steakhouse (specialty restaurant, with “Chef’s Table” dining)
- Guy’s Burger Joint (poolside burger bar)
- BlueIguana Tequila Bar (poolside Mexican bar)
- Bluelguana Cantina (poolside Mexican fast food bar)
- Lido Marketplace (self-service buffet restaurant)
- Pizza Pirate (24-hour pizzeria restaurant)
- RedFrog Rum Bar (also serves the ThirstyFrog Red draught beer)
- Cucina del Capitano (Italian Trattoria)
- SeaDogs (hot-dogs station)
Entertainment options - Fun & Sport
Breeze was the first in the Carnival Cruise Lines fleet to debut the new multidimensional Thrill Theater which combines a highdefinition projection system with original special effects. Carnival Breeze is also the fleet's first to present the hightech Playlist Productions shows that combine LED staging and special effects with live performances. Also on Breeze: The Game Show Hasbro, based on the popular TV series Family Game Night produced by Hasbro Studios and presented on The Hub, a network for kids and their families. The children are also catered for on Deck 11 in Camp Carnival play area. Other parts of the cruise ship coddle tweens and teens with Wii video games, dance floors, and more. There are also “DiveIn Movies at the Seaside Theater” outdoors with free popcorn and blankets. Fun lovers of all ages will appreciate the 214-foot long Twister waterslide, not to mention PowerDrencher dump bucket, 3 pools and 7 hot tubs. At SportsSquare, the ship has the 230foot SkyCourse ropes course, where guests can choose between beginner and intermediate courses above the top deck.
Follows the complete list of Carnival Breeze lounges, clubs and other entertainment venues for kids, teens and adults.
- Ovation Theatre (3-level show lounge, with “Playlist Productions” and “Hasbro Game Shows”)
- The Library Bar & Lounge (cocktail bar)
- Conference Center
- Thrill Theatre (5D cinema room)
- FunHub (Internet room)
- Circle C (kids club lounge)
- Club O2 (teens club lounge)
- Warehouse (Video Arcade)
- The Fun Shops (duty-free shopping arcade)
- Cherry on Top (candy shop)
- Winner’s Luck Casino
- The Lanai (outdoor seating promenade with cantilevered whirlpools)
- Liquid Disco & Nightclub
- Piano Bar 88 (lounge)
- Limelight Lounge (live entertainment)
- Camp Ocean (formerly known as "Camp Carnival" - youth activities program)
- Carnival Cloud 9 Spa (wellness complex)
- Carnival WaterWorks (water-play outdoor area with AquaPark, Twister waterslide, DrainPipe waterslide)
- SportSquare (outdoor sporting area with a mini golf course, “Skycourse” rope course, Sports Park Bar, combined court)
- Jogging Track
- Seaside Theatre (outdoor cinema with large-size LED screen)
- Serenity (adults relaxation area served by Serenity Bar, with 2 cantilevered Whirlpools and sunbathing area)
Carnival Breeze wiki
Year built 2012
Passenger capacity / crew capacity 3690 (4720 max) / 1390
Dimensions (Gross tonnage weight / LOA length) 130,000 tons / 1003 ft (306 m)
Flag State (registered in) Panama
Ship builder Fincantieri (Monfalcone, Italy)
Building cost USD 740 mill
Ship owner Carnival Corporation
Operator Carnival Cruise Lines
Christened by Tracy W. Mourning
Official website link Carnival.com
Accident reports and news CruiseMinus.com
Carnival Breeze related cruise news
Other Carnival Cruise Line cruise ships
Carnival Breeze Itineraries 2016
The below listed Carnival Breeze cruise prices on 2016 itineraries are only indicative and Per Person (in US dollars, based on double occupancy). These are the cheapest Carnival Cruise Line fares on the ship’s lowest category cabins available for booking. Cruise fares typically change with departure dates approaching, last minute deals, discounts, promotions, independent travel agency offers.
Carnival Breeze Itineraries 2017
The below listed Carnival Breeze cruise prices on 2017 itineraries are only indicative and Per Person (in US dollars, based on double occupancy). These are the cheapest Carnival Cruise Line fares on the ship’s lowest category cabins available for booking. Cruise fares typically change with departure dates approaching, last minute deals, discounts, promotions, independent travel agency offers.
Carnival Breeze Itineraries 2018
The below listed Carnival Breeze cruise prices on 2018 itineraries are only indicative and Per Person (in US dollars, based on double occupancy). These are the cheapest Carnival Cruise Line fares on the ship’s lowest category cabins available for booking. Cruise fares typically change with departure dates approaching, last minute deals, discounts, promotions, independent travel agency offers.