Avalon Felicity Review and Specifications
Specifications of Avalon Felicity
|Year built||2010 / Age : 9|
|Builder||Den Breejen Shipyard (Hardinxveld-Giessendam, Holland)|
|Owner||MS Mosel GmbH & Co KG Hamburg|
|Speed||12 kn / 22 kph / 14 mph|
|Length (LOA)||110 m / 361 ft|
|Beam (width)||12 m / 39 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||2022 gt|
|Passengers||65 - 138|
|Decks with cabins||3|
|Sister-ships||Avalon Affinity, Avalon Luminary|
|Christened by||Measha Brueggergosman|
Review of Avalon Felicity
MS Avalon Felicity boat cruises on Rhine River departing from Amsterdam and Zurich.
Enjoy cruising aboard this magnificent ship along Europe's celebrated Rhine River. Accommodating only 138 guests, the Avalon Felicity cruise ship offers an intimate small-ship feeling while providing spaciousness - expected from the fleet of Avalon.
The well-appointed roomy staterooms feature the modest minimum of 172 sq. feet of space - the largest on the European rivers. All staterooms include a spacious closet, well-stocked minibar, flatscreen satellite TV, Comfort Collection beds, a large private bathroom with a hairdryer, full shower, premium bath amenities.
Avalon Felicity has a total number of 65 cabins (of which 28 Avalon Suite, 30 French Balcony, 11 with non-opening windows) in 5 grades.
Cabins Types, Sizes, Categories (high to low)
- Amenities in all types of staterooms) - 2 twin beds converting to queen-sized, 3-door closets with shelves, private bathroom (glass-door shower, hairdryer, bathrobes, slippers), sofa, coffee table, flat TV, vanity/writing desk, private French balcony (floor-to-ceiling sliding door), individual climate control, phone, minibar, safe, deluxe pillow menu, complimentary bottled water. Cabin occupancy - 2 guests in a room.
- Suites - 4x "Avalon Suites" (JR) - deck 3, size 258 ft2 / 24 m2.
- Deluxe Staterooms (category, number) - P (x24, deck 3), A (x18, deck 2), B (x12, deck 2), E (x11, deck 1) - sizes 172 ft2 / 16 m2.
Avalon Felicity restaurants include Felicity (dining room). The ship also has Lounge & Bar (observation, with an outside viewing deck), Club Lounge, Library/Internet Corner, Felicity Atrium Lobby, Hair Salon, Fitness, Sun Deck (Sky Lounge, Whirlpool, shaded seating, game area). Active guests can benefit from the fitness center and whirlpool on the Sky Deck. An Internet Corner and free Wi-Fi access allow Felicity guests to share the experience with family and friends.
Avalon Felicity cruise deals are inclusive of Wi-Fi Internet, room-service, all Rhine cruise tours and excursions (by certified local tour guides), motorcoach transfers, live evening entertainment (local performers), daily enrichment lectures, Afternoon Tea, Night Fare, Felicity cruise ship tour ("behind-the-scenes"), food and wine tastings, 24-hour premium coffee/tea/hot chocolate, replenished daily bottled water.
Avalon Felicity river cruise prices are per person and based on double occupancy. These are only indicative Avalon river cruise rates. They might be different when you book your Avalon Waterways cruise tour deals, influenced by travel agency promotions, special offers, and discounts, group travel booking or last-minute deals rates. On Avalon Felicity cruises, Avalon Waterways offers USA flights-inclusive deals with discount airfare and complimentary airport transfers.
River Cruise Itineraries
Follows the list of Avalon Felicity itineraries as themes officially announced by the Avalon Waterways line:
- (7-nights cruising) "Romantic Rhine" are 8-days river cruises from Zurich to Amsterdam (Northbound, code WZA), and the reverse from Amsterdam to Basel (Southbound, code WAZ). "Cruising-Only" deals are from Amsterdam to Basel (code WAZ).
- The Northbound route (departures from Zurich, Switzerland) include bus transfer from Zurich to Basel for embarkation (on Day 1)and morning disembarkation in Amsterdam (on Day 8).
- The Southbound route (departures from Amsterdam, Holland) feature embarkation (on Day 1) and Amsterdam canal cruise (on Day 2).
Avalon Felicity wiki
- The Avalon Felicity boat is in the same vessel class with the Avalon ships Affinity and Luminary, and also with Creativity and Scenery (now Leonora). This river cruise ship design features almost 50% "French Balcony" staterooms. Suite accommodations have each a French Balcony in the seating area, plus a large floor-to-ceiling window. Each of these ships is equipped with two Caterpillar Marine diesel engines (type "C32 ACERT", total power output 1420 kW / 1930 HP). The ship's propulsion is diesel-electric, with an azimuth thruster and an SDS ("Silent Drive System" separating the ship's engines from passenger staterooms).
- The Avalon cruise ship Felicity was launched in 2010 on March 27. It was christened in Volendam (Holland) by Mrs. Measha Brueggergosman - Canadian opera singer (soprano) and concert artist with both classical and pop music performances.
Note: You can see the CruiseMapper's list of all river cruise ships and riverboats in the "itinerary" section of our River Cruises hub. All companies and their fleets are listed there.