Baltic Princess ferry current position
Baltic Princess ferry current location is at Baltic Sea (coordinates 59.96836 N / 19.99693 E) cruising at speed of 19.9 kn (37 kph/ 23 mph) en route to SE STO-FIMHQ-FI TKU. The AIS position was reported 2 minutes ago.Current Position
Specifications of Baltic Princess ferry
|Year built||2008 / Age: 13|
|Builder||STX Europe-Aker Yards (Rauma, Finland)|
|Class||cruiseferry (Ro-Pax ship)|
|Ferry route / homeports||Turku-Aland-Stockholm|
|Building cost||EUR 165 million|
|Speed||25 kn / 46 kph / 29 mph|
|Length (LOA)||212 m / 696 ft|
|Beam (width)||29 m / 95 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||48915 gt|
|Decks with cabins||3|
|Sister-ships||Baltic Queen, Silja Galaxy|
|Christened by||Eva Hanschmidt|
Baltic Princess ferry Review
Review of Baltic Princess ferry
MS Baltic Princess ferry is a Ro-Ro passenger vessel operated by the Estonia-based company TALLINK-SILJA LINE. The ship has a max capacity of 2800 passengers and 600 cars plus 75 trucks/trailers. The vessel was launched in 2008 and currently operates on the Sweden-Finland ferry route Stockholm-Aland Finland (Mariehamn)-Turku (crossing time 10,5 hours).
As cruise ferry, Baltic Princess has 927 cabins (double and quads/max capacity 4 passengers) with a total of 2500 berths, all located on decks 5, 8 and 9. All staterooms are air-conditioned, with en-suite bathrooms and are both inside and outside. The ferry company provides bed linens, towels, and toiletries. Some staterooms are wheelchair-accessible (adapted for disabled passengers). Cabins for passengers with allergies and passengers traveling with pets are also available.
All cabins are with bunk beds (wall-mounted), en-suite bathrooms (angled sink, wall-mounted toilet, shower cubicle, hairdryer). Baby crib and potty (1 per cabin), as well as bedsides/rails (2 per cabin), are provided complimentary upon request. Room service can be ordered 4 days prior departure.
Cabin categories include:
- (Deck 9) Executive Suite / double cabin (size 26-31 m2 with balcony) - double bed, sofa, armchairs, WC, shower, flat TV, refrigerator, complimentary minibar, phone. Special in-cabin breakfast and refreshments (soft drinks and fruits) are included in the "Europa 22 hour" mini-cruise fares.
- (Decks 8-9) Junior Suite / double cabin (size 26-31 m2) - slanted windows, separate bedroom, sofa, double bed, armchairs, WC, shower, flat TV, minibar, mirrored vanity table (writing desk with stool), refrigerator, phone. Special in-cabin breakfast and refreshments (soft drinks and fruits) are included in the "Europa 22 hour" mini-cruise fares.
- (Decks 8-9) Deluxe / double cabin (size 11-14 m2) - windows, double bed (non-convertible to twins), sofa, WC, shower, flat TV, phone, refrigerator, complimentary minibar. Special in-cabin breakfast and refreshments (soft drinks) are included in the fares.
- (Decks 8-9) Premium Cabin (Double Outside, size 9 m2) - porthole window, double bed (non-convertible to twins), WC, shower, flat TV, mirrored vanity table (writing desk with stool), refrigerator. Special breakfast is included in the fares.
- (Deck 5) Family Cabins (2 connecting inside cabins, capacity 4-8 persons) - 2 porthole windows, 2 bathrooms (WC, shower), 2 lower bunk beds, 4 upper bunk beds, 2 sofabeds, 2 flat TVs.
- (Decks 5-8-9) A-Class Cabin (Quad Outside, size 9-10 m2) - porthole window, 1 lower bunk bed, 1 sofabed, 2 upper bunk beds, WC, shower, flat TV. Cabins for allergic passengers are also available.
- (Decks 5-8-9) B-Class Cabin and E-Class Cabin (Quad Inside, size 9 m2) - no window, 1 lower bunk bed, 1 sofabed, 2 upper bunk beds, WC, shower. Some cabins are adapted for passengers with allergies and passengers with pets.
- (Deck 5) Allergy Cabins are in categories Family (4x), A-Class (9x) and B-Class (17x) each with WC, shower, flat TV.
- (Deck 5) Handicap Cabins (for disabled passengers) are in category A-Class Outside (size13 m2), each fitted with 2 lower beds (fixed), WC, shower, flat TV, wider doors (for wheelchair access).
- (Deck 5) Pet Cabins (for passengers with pets) have capacity 2-4 persons, WC, shower, flat TV, linoleum flooring. Pet cabins are available in categories A-Class, B-Class and C-Class.
- On Deck 2 are located most of the staff and crew cabins.
All passengers must vacate their staterooms 30 min prior to homeport arrival. Passenger registration ends 1-hour prior ferry departure.
Shipboard dining and entertainment options
As facilities, the Baltic Princess ferry offers:
- On Deck 7 are located most of the ship's dining venues - Grill House, Katarina's Kitchen, Buffet Restaurant, Pub Bar, Italian Restaurant, Starlight Palace Restaurant, Sea Pub, Happy Lobster.
- (Deck 7) New Grande Buffet (Self-Service Restaurant) offers Scandinavian and international dishes, soft drinks, tea, coffee, wine, and beer - which are all included in the buffet meals price. The buffet restaurant has several theme-food stations, including Grill, Cold Table (meats, seafood), Green Market (Salads), Warm Dishes, Desserts.
- (Deck 7) Sea Pub offers various beverages, classic pub snacks, small stage (for live performances by guest musicians).
- (Deck 7) Grill House offers steakhouse food specialties.
- (Deck 7) Happy Lobster offers fresh fish and seafood. The menu is based on the day's catch. Brunch is also served here.
- (Deck 7) Tavolata Ristorante Italiano serves traditional Italian food specialties, Deli items, premium olives, Roi Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- (Deck 7) Piano Bar offers live music performances, coffee drinks, cocktails.
- (Deck 7) Cigar Club is a classy smoking lounge with leather armchairs and a selection of premium cigars and cigarettes.
- (Decks 6-7) Starlight Palace is 2a -deck entertainment complex with show lounge (dance floor, grand stage / lower level) and a panoramic restaurant (capacity 956 seats, with floor-ceiling windows).
- Onboard entertainment options include live performances by local music bands, party games, quizzes, music parties, bingo, karaoke.
- (Deck 6) Fast Lane Restaurant allows passengers to create their own warm dishes and make fresh salads. There are also chefs for made-to-order food, as well as ready-made options.
- (Deck 6) Iskelma Bar offers local dance music and karaoke.
- (Deck 6) Coffee & Co (Cafeteria / Patisserie / Coffee Bar) offers cold and warm beverages, light snacks (including fresh-baked pastries, yogurts, fruit smoothies, sweet crepes) and meals (made-to-order food and ready-made options). Coffee drinks are fresh-brewed (from freshly ground beans). The Cafe also has a takeaway desk.
- (Deck 6) Tax Free Shop is a duty-free store selling special occasion gifts and souvenirs, alcohol (brand spirits, wines), tobaccos, luxury-brand perfumes and cosmetics, jewelry, watches, sunglasses, leather goods, confectionery, fashion clothing and accessories, toys, electronics and gadgets, gourmet sweets, Deli food, handmade teas and spices. Special offers (shopping promotions) are offered on each ferry crossing. Payments can be made in cash or via bank cards (VISA, MasterCard, EuroCard).
- (Deck 6) Cosmetic Boutique sells luxury perfumes, cosmetics, skin care products.
- (Deck 6) Gifts & Toys Shop sells fashion clothing (for adults and kids), designer jewelry, cosmetics, gadgets and electronics, gifts, souvenirs, toys.
- (Deck 7) Fashion Street Boutique sells designer clothes and accessories (Tommy Hilfiger, Guess, Esprit, Superdry, Marc O' Polo, Desigual).
- (Deck 5) Conference Department (opening hours 9 am - 9 pm) has all 9 different conference rooms with combined capacity 450 seats. The largest meeting room has 324 seats. All rooms are fitted with the latest technology presentation equipment. there is a separate lobby area. Conference facilities are closed during peak season (mid-June through mid-August) as the area is built into "Summer Center" (play area for kids-themed activities).
- (Deck 5) Kids Harbour / Children's Playroom is the ship's indoor playground area fitted with TV (for watching cartoons), Ball Pit Pool, craft tables. On each cruise, kids here meet the cartoon character Moomin and the SILJA LINE mascot Harri Hylje (Harry the Seal). Also here is the PlayStation Lounge (separate room for video games and arcade machines).
- (Deck 5) Beauty Salon offers professional services by certified cosmeticians, hairdressers and masseuses (face and body treatments, hair styling and coloring, manicure, pedicure). Reservations are required 24 hours prior departure.
- (Deck 2) Sauna Department has 2 reserved saunas, unisex public saunas, bar, swimming pools (for kids and adults).
- (Decks 6-7) The casino has gaming tables (roulette, poker) and slot machines.
- (Lobby Deck 6) Wi-Fi service, ATM / cash machine (next to Information Desk / Reception). A nurse can be also reached via the Reception. Small lockers are available for valuables.
- (Deck 10) The Club Disco Nightclub (capacity 90 seats) offers DJ hits, club music, party quizzes. On Deck 10 is also the ship's Navigation Bridge.
- Sun Decks (10 and 11) are outdoor deck areas. On Deck 10 is the ship's navigation Bridge.
- Midship on the top deck (Heli Deck 12) there is a helipad - helicopter landing area used in cases of emergency.
All onboard emergency instructions are displayed in staterooms, on the TV screens and at the ship's assembly stations (aka muster stations). Life jackets are issued at the assembly stations. In case of emergency, the use of elevators/passenger lifts is forbidden.
TALLINK-SILJA LINE deals
- 2-day cruise deals ("Europa 22 hour") are offered only shuttle ferries with departures from Helsinki (embarkation 8 am) to Tallinn (disembarkation 12:10 pm on the next day).
- On all Tallink-Silja ships (excepting shuttle ferries) is available Room Service with a la carte priced special occasion gifts, sweets, and beverage menus. However, cabin services must be ordered 4 days prior departure.
- Onboard Conference Rooms are equipped with data projectors and white screens, and available for booking with group rates (extra charge pp). The room must be booked for at least 2 hours, and for a minimum of 10 persons. Catering (snack package or buffet meals, also refreshments) can be booked additionally.
- Smoking on the ship is prohibited in all cabins, restaurants, bars and lounges, corridors, elevators, stairwells. Smoking on the ship is allowed at designated areas and only on outdoor decks (look for "Smoking Area" signs).
- "Collect and Save" program is based on collecting stickers with onboard purchases (on all Tallink-Silja ships stores). The program allows purchasing of selected products at up to 57% discount prices. With every purchase (min value EUR 10), the passenger receives 1 sticker (to be glued inside a campaign folder). By the "Collect and Save" campaign, passengers can buy different products after collected 10, 20 or 30 stickers. These products are handed out and paid at the Info Stand or at the ship's shops. The "Collect and Save" offers are limited to a time period, or until select products are out of stock.
- "Club One" is the company's loyalty program rewarding passengers traveling frequently with Tallink-Silja ferries. By the program are accrued bonus points - based on ferry tickets and onboard purchases), but also on Tallink Hotels rooms booked via Tallink-Silja. The program has 3 levels (Bronze, Silver, Gold) determined by the bonus points. Bonus points can be used for booking voyages, getting onboard shopping and dining discounts, Tallink Hotels (Tallinn and Riga) 10% discount plus benefits, Tallink Takso (Tallinn) 5% discount, Europark (Helsinki) 15% car parking discount.
Garage Decks are numbers 3 and 4. On Deck 1 are the Engine Room (extending to Deck 2) and other technical rooms. On Deck 2 are the ferry's Spa (Sauna Rooms, Swimming Pool), technical rooms, crew cabins and facilities (dining/bar lounge, mess hall), the Brig (ship jail). Car Deck 4 has a hydraulic mobile platform, which (when lowered) divides it horizontally and doubles its passenger car capacity.
Follows a list of car decks related safety procedures:
- Disabled passengers or those requiring specific assistance should visit the ship's Information Desk (open 24-hours).
- Apply handbrake and place the vehicle in park or 1st gear position. Switch off the ignition, alarm, electrical equipment, headlights. Gas cylinders, if any, must be switched off. Lock the vehicle.
- From your vehicle take only valuables and essential hand baggage.
- Make a note of your vehicle's location and garage deck number/stairway before leaving the car deck.
- Access to the ship's vehicle (cargo) decks during the voyage is prohibited.
- Smoking on vehicle decks, as well as in cabins and passenger lounges is forbidden.
- Wait for the onboard announcement before returning to your vehicle.
- In order to avoid air pollution, don't start the engine until instructed.
The shipowner Tallink (headquartered in Tallinn, Estonia) is an Estonian shipping company that operates Baltic Sea cruise ferries and RoPax vessels with direct services connecting Estonia with Finland and Sweden. and Sweden with Finland and Latvia. Tallink-Silja current fleet includes the ships Baltic Princess, Baltic Queen, Silja Europa, Silja Galaxy, Silja Serenade, Silja Symphony, Tallink Isabelle, Tallink Megastar, Tallink MySTAR (2022), Tallink Romantika, Tallink Star, Tallink Victoria.
Baltic Princess ferry - user reviews and comments
Photos of Baltic Princess ferryAdd Photo
Baltic Princess ferry ship related cruise news
- Cruise Industry
Estonian-based shipping company Tallink Grupp announced it is suspending its route between Turku, Finland and Tallinn, Estonia due to a Coronavirus...August 25, 2020
- Cruise Industry
Shipping company Tallink Silja announced on Monday, August 3, that it planned to temporarily suspend ticket sales for sailings between Stockholm...August 4, 2020
The body of a woman has been discovered in a cabin on Tallink-Silja's Baltic Princess ferry at Turku harbour Monday night, October 15...October 17, 2018
A man was arrested in the morning of September 30, 2017, aboard TALLINK ferry ship Baltic Princess by a Värtahamnen's police officer. The man...October 5, 2017
- show more news
Other TALLINK-SILJA LINE cruise ships
Baltic Princess ferry Wiki
The ferry was specially designed for passengers and cargo shipping operations on the Tallinn-Helsinki route. Since February 2013, the ferry operates the route Turku-Aland-Stockholm. On the Tallinn-Helsinki route was deployed the fleet mate Silja Europa. This was TALLINK's 4th cruise ferry. The vessel was ordered on December 19, 2005. Its construction started on November 14, 2006 (keel-laying ) at STX Europe (Rauma Shipyard Finland)
The ship was christened on March 6, 2008 (Helsinki, STX Finland), launched on March 9, delivered to TALLINK on July 10 and entered service on July 5, 2008. Vessel's forward section (hull and superstructure) was constructed at the French shipyard, then towed to the drydock in Helsinki, where the hull was completed. The shipbuilding order was financed by a EUR 132 million loan from a bank syndicate (HSH Nordbank, Nordea Bank, SEB Bank, EIB).
The ship is powered by 4x Wartsila marine diesel engines (model 16V32, combined output 32 MW). The propulsion system includes 4x bow thrusters (combined output 7,2 MW). The hull is ice-strengthened (class 1A Super) which allows year-round operations on Baltic Sea routes with extreme ice conditions.
Baltic Princess ferry User Reviews
There are no user reviews for this ship. Be first, share your experience!Write a Review