Tallink Victoria I ferry current position
Tallink Victoria I ferry current location is at Baltic Sea (coordinates 55.65151 N / 21.15908 E) cruising en route to Klaipeda. The AIS position was reported 3 minutes ago.Current Position
Specifications of Tallink Victoria I ferry
|Year built||2004 / Age: 18|
|Builder||Aker Finnyards (Rauma, Finland)|
|Class||cruiseferry (Ro-Pax ship)|
|Ferry route / homeports||Stockholm-Aland (Mariehamn)-Tallin|
|Speed||22 kn / 41 kph / 25 mph|
|Length (LOA)||193 m / 633 ft|
|Beam (width)||29 m / 95 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||40975 gt|
Tallink Victoria I ferry Review
Review of Tallink Victoria I ferry
MS Tallink Victoria I ferry is a Ro-Ro passenger vessel operated by the Estonia-based company TALLINK-SILJA LINE. The ship has a max capacity of 2500 passengers and 300 cars (or 60 trucks/trailers). The vessel was launched in 2004 and currently operates on the Estonia-Sweden ferry route Tallinn-Aland (Mariehamn)-Stockholm (crossing time 15,5 hours). Departures are from Tallinn (D-terminal) and from Stockholm (Vartahamnen).
As cruise ferry, Tallink Victoria 1 has 727 double and quad cabins (max capacity 4 passengers) with a total of 2172 berths, all located on decks 5, 8 and 9. All staterooms are air-conditioned, with en-suite bathrooms and are both inside and outside. The ferry company provides bed linens, towels, and toiletries. Some staterooms are wheelchair-accessible (adapted for disabled passengers). Cabins for passengers with allergies and passengers with pets are also available.
All cabins are with bunk beds (wall-mounted), en-suite bathrooms (angled sink, wall-mounted toilet, shower cubicle, hairdryer). Baby crib and potty (1 per cabin), as well as bedsides/rails (2 per cabin), are provided complimentary upon request. Room service can be ordered 4 days prior departure.
Cabin categories include:
- (Decks 8-9) Executive Suite / double cabin (size 30 m2) - slanted windows, separate bedroom (double bed / non-convertible to twins, bedside cabinets), 3 seater sofa, armchairs, mirrored wardrobe, cupboard, TV, refrigerator, phone, WC, shower. Special breakfast and minibar refreshments (soft drinks and fruits) are included in the "Europa 22 hour" mini-cruise fares.
- (Decks 8-9) Deluxe / double cabin (size 14 m2) - large window, double bed (non-convertible to twins), bedside cabinets, 2 seater sofa, armchairs, mirrored wardrobe, TV, refrigerator, phone, WC, shower. Special breakfast and minibar refreshments (soft drinks) are included in the "Europa 22 hour" mini-cruise fares.
- (Deck 5) A-Class Cabin (Quad Outside, size 9 m2) - bay window, 1 sofabed, 1 lower bunk bed, 2 upper bunk beds, WC, shower, TV, cupboard, mirrored vanity/writing desk with stool, laminate flooring. Double cabins for disabled passengers are also available.
- (Decks 8-9) A-Premium Cabin (Quad Outside, size 9 m2) - bay window, double bed (non-convertible to twins), WC, shower, TV, wardrobe, cupboard, mirrored vanity/writing desk with stool, carpet flooring.
- (Decks 5-8-9) B-Class Cabin (Quad Inside, size 8 m2) - no window, 1 sofabed, 1 lower bunk bed, 2 upper bunk beds, WC, shower, TV, cupboard. Cabins for allergic passengers are also available.
- (Decks 5-8) E-Class Cabin (Quad Inside, size 9 m2) - no window, 1 sofabed, 1 lower bunk bed, 2 upper bunk beds, WC, shower, TV, cupboard.
- (Deck 5) Handicap Cabins (for disabled passengers) are sized 9 m2, each fitted with 2 lower beds, WC, shower, TV, wider doors (for wheelchair access), near-elevator location. Disabled cabins are in categories A-Class Outside 1x) and B-Class Inside (2x)).
- (Deck 5) Allergy Cabins (capacity 2-4 persons) are available in categories A-Class Outside (8x) and B-Class Inside (9x).
- (Deck 5) Pet Cabins (capacity 2-4 persons) are available in category B-Class Inside (10x), each fitted with 4 beds, WC, shower, TV, linoleum flooring.
All passengers must vacate their staterooms 30 min prior to homeport arrival. Passenger registration ends 1 hour prior to ferry departure.
Shipboard dining and entertainment options
As facilities, the Tallink Victoria 1 ferry offers:
- (Deck 7) Grande Buffet (Self-Service Restaurant, capacity 466 seats) offers Scandinavian and international dishes, soft drinks, tea, coffee, wine, and beer, which are all included in the buffet meals price. The buffet restaurant has several theme-food stations, including Grill, Cold Table (meats, seafood), Green Market (Salads), Warm Dishes, Desserts.
- (Deck 7) Gourmet Victoria (A La Carte Restaurant, capacity 92 seats) is a sit-down eatery with open kitchen.
- (Deck 7) Grill House (capacity 300 seats) offers steakhouse food specialties.
- (Deck 6) Fast Food 25h (self-service restaurant, capacity 90 seats) offers salads, wraps, sandwiches.
- (Deck 7) Sea Pub (capacity 176 seats) offers various beverages, classic pub snacks, small stage (for live performances by guest musicians). The venue includes the Library, Irish Pub, and Karaoke Pub.
- (Decks 8-9) Starlight Cabaret is a 2-level entertainment complex with show lounge, nightclub (with dance floor and grand stage / lower level), Casino, panoramic restaurant with floor-ceiling windows.
- (Deck 7) Cafe Bellman (Cafeteria / Patisserie / Coffee Bar, capacity 63 seats) offers cold and warm beverages, light snacks (including fresh-baked pastries, yogurts, fruit smoothies, sweet crepes) and meals (made-to-order food and ready-made options). Coffee drinks are fresh-brewed (from freshly ground beans). The Cafe also has a takeaway desk.
- (Deck 7) The casino has gaming tables (roulette, poker) and slot machines.
- (Deck 7) Piano Bar (capacity 28 seats) offers live music performances, coffee drinks, cocktails.
- (Deck 6) Conference Department (opening hours 9 am - 9 pm) has 11 different conference rooms with a combined capacity of 330 seats. All rooms are fitted with the latest technology presentation equipment. there is a separate lobby area. Conference facilities are closed during peak season (mid-June through mid-August) as the area is built into "Summer Center" (Kidz Club/play area for kids-themed activities).
- (Deck 7) Lotte Village (Children's Playroom) is the ship's indoor playground area fitted with TV (for watching cartoons), Ball Pit Pool, craft tables. On each cruise, kids here meet the dog girl Lotte. Also here is the PlayStation Lounge (separate room for video games and arcade machines).
- (Deck 6) Supermarket / Tax Free Shop is a duty-free store selling special occasion gifts and souvenirs, alcohol (brand spirits, beers, wines), tobaccos, sweets, luxury-brand perfumes and cosmetics, jewelry, watches, sunglasses, leather goods, confectionery, fashion clothing and accessories, toys, electronics and gadgets, gourmet sweets, Deli food, handmade teas and spices. Special offers (shopping promotions) are offered on each ferry crossing. Payments can be made in cash or via bank cards (VISA, MasterCard, EuroCard).
- (Deck 6) Cosmetic Boutique is a retail shop selling popular brand perfumes and skincare products, as well as designer jewelry, accessories, fashion clothing (Tommy Hilfiger, Solid, Smashed Lemon, Daniel Wellington, Desires, Pilgrim, Sno of Sweden), gifts and Tallink-logoed souvenirs.
- (Deck 9) Hera Salongid (Beauty Salon) offers professional services by certified cosmeticians, hairdressers and masseuses (face and body treatments, hair styling and coloring, manicure, pedicure). Reservations are required 24 hours prior departure.
- (Deck 9) Sauna Department has 3 reserved / private saunas, unisex public saunas, Turkish steam room, bubble pools (for kids and adults), sauna bar. The Spa complex has direct access to Sun Deck's Sun Bar (open-air bar with 60 seats).
- (Sun Deck 9) Sun Bar is an outdoor bar with 60 seats on the Sun Deck.
- (Lobby Deck 6) Wi-Fi service, ATM / cash machine (next to Information Desk / Reception). A nurse can be also reached via the Reception. Small lockers are available for valuables.
- Aluminum Disco (Nightclub and Sports Bar) offers DJ hits, club music, party quizzes. During the day, the disco serves as Sports Bar with large TVs broadcasting live sporting events.
Midship on Deck 12 (Heli Deck) there is a helipad - helicopter landing area used in cases of emergency.
All onboard emergency instructions are displayed in staterooms, on the TV screens and at the ship's assembly stations (aka muster stations). Life jackets are issued at the assembly stations. In case of emergency, the use of elevators/passenger lifts is forbidden.
TALLINK-SILJA LINE deals
- 2-day cruise deals ("Europa 22 hour") are offered only shuttle ferries with departures from Helsinki (embarkation 8 am) to Tallinn (disembarkation 12:10 pm on the next day).
- On all Tallink-Silja ships (excepting shuttle ferries) is available Room Service with a la carte priced special occasion gifts, sweets, and beverage menus. However, cabin services must be ordered 4 days prior departure.
- Onboard Conference Rooms are equipped with data projectors and white screens, and available for booking with group rates (extra charge pp). The room must be booked for at least 2 hours, and for a minimum of 10 persons. Catering (snack package or buffet meals, also refreshments) can be booked additionally.
- Smoking on the ship is prohibited in all cabins, restaurants, bars and lounges, corridors, elevators, stairwells. Smoking on the ship is allowed at designated areas and only on outdoor decks (look for "Smoking Area" signs).
"Collect and Save" program is based on collecting stickers with onboard purchases (on all Tallink-Silja ships stores). The program allows purchasing of selected products at up to 57% discount prices. With every purchase (min value EUR 10), the passenger receives 1 sticker (to be glued inside a campaign folder). By the "Collect and Save" campaign, passengers can buy different products after collecting 10, 20 or 30 stickers. These products are handed out and paid at the Info Stand or at the ship's shops. The "Collect and Save" offers are limited to a time period, or until select products are out of stock.
"Club One" is the company's loyalty program rewarding passengers traveling frequently with Tallink-Silja ferries. By the program are accrued bonus points - based on ferry tickets and onboard purchases), but also on Tallink Hotels rooms booked via Tallink-Silja. The program has 3 levels (Bronze, Silver, Gold) determined by the bonus points. Bonus points can be used for booking voyages, getting onboard shopping and dining discounts, Tallink Hotels (Tallinn and Riga) 10% discount plus benefits, Tallink Takso (Tallinn) 5% discount, Europark (Helsinki) 15% car parking discount.
Garage Decks are numbers 3 and 4. On Deck 1 are the Engine Room (extending to Deck 2) and other technical rooms. On Deck 2 are the ferry's technical rooms, crew cabins, and facilities (dining/bar lounge, mess hall), the Brig (ship jail). Car Deck 4 has a hydraulic mobile platform, which (when lowered) divides it horizontally and doubles its passenger car capacity.
Follows a list of car decks related safety procedures:
- Disabled passengers or those requiring specific assistance should visit the ship's Information Desk (open 24-hours).
- Apply handbrake and place the vehicle in park or 1st gear position. Switch off the ignition, alarm, electrical equipment, headlights. Gas cylinders, if any, must be switched off. Lock the vehicle.
- From your vehicle take only valuables and essential hand baggage.
- Make a note of your vehicle's location and garage deck number/stairway before leaving the car deck.
- Access to the ship's vehicle (cargo) decks during the voyage is prohibited.
- Smoking on vehicle decks, as well as in cabins and passenger lounges is forbidden.
- Wait for the onboard announcement before returning to your vehicle.
- In order to avoid air pollution, don't start the engine until instructed.
The shipowner Tallink (fleet, 1989-founded, headquartered in Tallinn, Estonia) is an Estonian shipping company that operates Baltic Sea cruise ferries and RoPax vessels with direct services connecting Estonia with Finland and Sweden. and Sweden with Finland and Latvia.
Tallink Victoria I ferry - user reviews and comments
Photos of Tallink Victoria I ferryAdd Photo
Tallink Victoria I ferry ship related cruise news
- Cruise Industry
TALLINK-SILJA LINE's Victoria I cruiseferry was connected to the electricity grid in Tallinn Old City Harbour for Estonia’s first shore power...September 21, 2020
- show more news
Other TALLINK-SILJA LINE cruise ships
Tallink Victoria I ferry Wiki
The shipbuilding contract for Tallink Victoria 1 was signed on October 15, 2002. The vessel's construction started on March 11, 2003 (keel-laying at Aker Yards, Rauma Finland). The ship was launched and christened on October 16, 2003, delivered to TALLINK on March 9, 2004, and entered service on March 21.
The ship is powered by 4x Wartsila marine diesel engines (model 16V32, combined output 26,2 MW). The hull is ice-strengthened (class 1A Super) which allows year-round operations on Baltic Sea routes with extreme ice conditions.
During drydock refurbishment, 2019 (at Klaipeda Shipyard, Lithuania) were done complete renovations of all cafes, bars, and restaurants (including new furniture and carpeting). Renovations also received the kids' playground, shopping areas, corridors-stairways-hallways (new carpeting), Business Lounge (carpets, TVs), all Public Restrooms. Along with general maintenance works, the ship's propulsion system was upgraded. To the propellers were added EnergoProFin - Wartsila-made propeller cap with fins rotating together with the propeller. The unit serves as an additional screw and reduces energy loss and underwater noise/vibrations. The cruise ship was also fitted with a latest-generation navigation system. By Tallink Grupp's Ship Renewal Programme are regularly refurbished all vessels in the fleet. The program's budget for the period 2013-2018 was nearly EUR 80 million.
During drydock 2022 (January 11-26, at BLRT Yards’ Klaipeda Shipyard) were conducted various technical and regular maintenance works and machinery upgrades. The maintenance works included bow thrusters (seals replaced), CPP-Controllable Pitch Propellers (seals replaced), shell valves, pumps and coolers, gearbox pumps. The project also included installing a BWTS (Ballast Water Treatment System), EnergoProFins (on the propeller hubs, optimizing fuel consumption). Passenger areas were refreshed.
Tallink Victoria I ferry User Reviews
There are no user reviews for this ship. Be first, share your experience!Write a Review