Tallink Romantika ferry current position
Tallink Romantika ferry current location is at Baltic Sea (coordinates 59.46214 N / 24.71341 E) cruising en route to PALJASSAARE. The AIS position was reported 2 minutes ago.Current Position
Specifications of Tallink Romantika ferry
|Year built||2002 / Age: 18|
|Builder||Rauma Shipyard (Rauma, Finland)|
|Class||cruiseferry (Ro-Pax ship)|
|Ferry route / homeports||Riga–Stockholm|
|Speed||22 kn / 41 kph / 25 mph|
|Length (LOA)||194 m / 636 ft|
|Beam (width)||29 m / 95 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||40803 gt|
|Sister-ships||Tallink Victoria I|
Tallink Romantika ferry Review
Review of Tallink Romantika ferry
MS Tallink Romantika ferry is a Ro-Ro passenger vessel operated by the Estonia-based company TALLINK-SILJA LINE. The ship has a max capacity of 2500 passengers and 300 cars (or 60 trucks/trailers). The vessel was launched in 2002 and currently operates on the Latvia-Sweden ferry route Riga-Stockholm (crossing time 17 hours).
As cruise ferry, Tallink Romantika has 727 double and quad cabins (max capacity 4 passengers) with a total of 2172 berths, all located on decks 5, 8 and 9. All staterooms are air-conditioned, with en-suite bathrooms and are both inside and outside. The ferry company provides bed linens, towels, and toiletries. Some staterooms are wheelchair-accessible (adapted for disabled passengers). Cabins for passengers with allergies and passengers with pets are also available.
All cabins are with bunk beds (wall-mounted), en-suite bathrooms (angled sink, wall-mounted toilet, shower cubicle, hairdryer). Baby crib and potty (1 per cabin), as well as bedsides/rails (2 per cabin), are provided complimentary upon request. Room service can be ordered 4 days prior departure.
Cabin categories include:
- (Decks 8-9) Executive Suite / double cabin (size 30 m2) - slanted windows, separate bedroom (double bed / non-convertible to twins, bedside cabinets), 3 seater sofa, armchairs, mirrored wardrobe, cupboard, flat TV, refrigerator, phone, WC, shower. Special breakfast and minibar refreshments (soft drinks and fruits) are included in the "Europa 22 hour" mini-cruise fares.
- (Decks 8-9) Deluxe / double cabin (size 14 m2) - large windows, double bed (non-convertible to twins), bedside cabinets, 2 seater sofa, armchairs, mirrored wardrobe, flat TV, refrigerator, phone, WC, shower. Special breakfast and minibar refreshments (soft drinks) are included in the "Europa 22 hour" mini-cruise fares.
- (Deck 5) A-Class Cabin (Quad Outside, size 9 m2) - bay window, 1 sofabed, 1 lower bunk bed, 2 upper bunk beds, WC, shower, flat TV, cupboard, mirrored vanity/writing desk with stool, laminate flooring. Double cabins for disabled passengers are also available.
- (Deck 5) B-Class Cabin (Quad Inside, size 8 m2) - no window, 1 sofabed, 1 lower bunk bed, 2 upper bunk beds, WC, shower, flat TV, cupboard. Cabins for allergic passengers are also available.
- (Deck 5) Handicap Cabins (for disabled passengers) are sized 9 m2, each fitted with 2 lower beds, WC, shower, flat TV, wider doors (for wheelchair access), near-elevator location. Disabled cabins are in category A-Class Outside.
- (Deck 5) Allergy Cabins (capacity 2-4 persons) are available categories A-Class Outside (8x) and B-Class Inside (9x).
- (Deck 5) Pet Cabins (capacity 2-4 persons) are available in category B-Class Inside (10x), each fitted with 1 sofabed, 3 bunk beds, WC, shower, flat TV, linoleum flooring.
All passengers must vacate their staterooms 30 min prior to homeport arrival. Passenger registration ends 1 hour prior to ferry departure.
Shipboard dining and entertainment options
As facilities, the Tallink Romantika ferry offers:
- (Deck 7) Grande Buffet (Self-Service Restaurant, capacity 550 seats) offers Scandinavian and international dishes, soft drinks, tea, coffee, wine, and beer, which are all included in the buffet meals price. The buffet restaurant has several theme-food stations, including Grill, Cold Table (meats, seafood), Green Market (Salads), Warm Dishes, Desserts.
- (Deck 6) Fast Lane Restaurant (self-service restaurant, capacity 263 seats / 71 tables) allows passengers to create their own warm dishes and make fresh salads. There are also two chefs for made-to-order food, as well as ready-made options.
- (Deck 7) Romantika (A La Carte Restaurant, capacity 100 seats) is a premium eatery with open kitchen.
- (Deck 7) (Deck 7) Grill House (capacity 300 seats) offers steakhouse food specialties.
- (Deck 7) Sea Pub (capacity 176 seats) offers various beverages, classic pub snacks, small stage (for live performances by guest musicians). The venue includes the Library, Irish Pub, and Karaoke Pub.
- (Decks 8-9) Starlight Palace is a 2-level entertainment complex with show lounge, nightclub (with dance floor and grand stage / lower level), Casino, panoramic restaurant with floor-ceiling windows.
- (Deck 7) Cafe Promenade (Cafeteria / Patisserie / Coffee Bar, capacity 63 seats) offers cold and warm beverages, light snacks (including fresh-baked pastries, yogurts, fruit smoothies, sweet crepes) and meals (made-to-order food and ready-made options). Coffee drinks are fresh-brewed (from freshly ground beans). The Cafe also has a takeaway desk.
- (Deck 7) The casino has gaming tables (roulette, poker) and slot machines.
- (Deck 7) Romantika Lounge (Piano Bar) is a stylish cocktail bar with live music performances.
- (Deck 9) Conference Department (opening hours 9 am - 9 pm) has 11 different conference rooms with a combined capacity of 330 seats. All rooms are fitted with the latest technology presentation equipment. there is a separate lobby area. Conference facilities are closed during peak season (mid-June through mid-August) as the area is built into "Summer Center" (Kidz Club/play area for kids-themed activities).
- (Deck 7) Lotte Village (Children's Playroom) is the ship's indoor playground area fitted with TV (for watching cartoons), Ball Pit Pool, craft tables. On each cruise, kids here meet the dog girl Lotte. Also here is the PlayStation Lounge (separate room for video games and arcade machines).
- (Deck 6) Supermarket / Tax Free Shop is a duty-free store selling special occasion gifts and souvenirs, alcohol (brand spirits, beers, wines), tobaccos, sweets, luxury-brand perfumes and cosmetics, jewelry, watches, sunglasses, leather goods, confectionery, fashion clothing and accessories, toys, electronics and gadgets, gourmet sweets, Deli food, handmade teas and spices. Special offers (shopping promotions) are offered on each ferry crossing. Payments can be made in cash or via bank cards (VISA, MasterCard, EuroCard).
- (Deck 6) Cosmetic Boutique is a retail shop selling popular brand perfumes and skincare products, as well as designer jewelry, accessories, fashion clothing (Tommy Hilfiger, Solid, Smashed Lemon, Daniel Wellington, Desires, Pilgrim, Sno of Sweden), gifts and Tallink-logoed souvenirs.
- (Deck 9) Hera Salongid (Beauty Salon) offers professional services by certified cosmeticians, hairdressers and masseuses (face and body treatments, hair styling and coloring, manicure, pedicure). Reservations are required 24 hours prior departure.
- (Deck 9) Sauna Department has 3 reserved / private saunas, unisex public saunas, Turkish steam room, bubble pools (for kids and adults), sauna bar. The Spa complex has direct access to Sun Deck's Sun Bar (open-air bar with 60 seats).
- (Sun Deck 9) Sun Bar is an outdoor bar with 60 seats on the Sun Deck.
- (Lobby Deck 6) Wi-Fi service, ATM / cash machine (next to Information Desk / Reception). A nurse can be also reached via the Reception. Small lockers are available for valuables.
- Space Disco (Nightclub and Sports Bar) offers DJ hits, club music, party quizzes. During the day, the disco serves as Sports Bar with large flat TVs broadcasting live sporting events.
- Midship on Deck 12 (Heli Deck) there is a helipad - helicopter landing area used in cases of emergency.
All onboard emergency instructions are displayed in staterooms, on the TV screens and at the ship's assembly stations (aka muster stations). Life jackets are issued at the assembly stations. In case of emergency, the use of elevators/passenger lifts is forbidden.
TALLINK-SILJA LINE deals
- 2-day cruise deals ("Europa 22 hour") are offered only shuttle ferries with departures from Helsinki (embarkation 8 am) to Tallinn (disembarkation 12:10 pm on the next day).
- On all Tallink-Silja ships (excepting shuttle ferries) is available Room Service with a la carte priced special occasion gifts, sweets, and beverage menus. However, cabin services must be ordered 4 days prior departure.
- Onboard Conference Rooms are equipped with data projectors and white screens, and available for booking with group rates (extra charge pp). The room must be booked for at least 2 hours, and for a minimum of 10 persons. Catering (snack package or buffet meals, also refreshments) can be booked additionally.
- Smoking on the ship is prohibited in all cabins, restaurants, bars and lounges, corridors, elevators, stairwells. Smoking on the ship is allowed at designated areas and only on outdoor decks (look for "Smoking Area" signs).
- "Collect and Save" program is based on collecting stickers with onboard purchases (on all Tallink-Silja ships stores). The program allows purchasing of selected products at up to 57% discount prices. With every purchase (min value EUR 10), the passenger receives 1 sticker (to be glued inside a campaign folder). By the "Collect and Save" campaign, passengers can buy different products after collected 10, 20 or 30 stickers. These products are handed out and paid at the Info Stand or at the ship's shops. The "Collect and Save" offers are limited to a time period, or until select products are out of stock.
- "Club One" is the company's loyalty program rewarding passengers traveling frequently with Tallink-Silja ferries. By the program are accrued bonus points - based on ferry tickets and onboard purchases), but also on Tallink Hotels rooms booked via Tallink-Silja. The program has 3 levels (Bronze, Silver, Gold) determined by the bonus points. Bonus points can be used for booking voyages, getting onboard shopping and dining discounts, Tallink Hotels (Tallinn and Riga) 10% discount plus benefits, Tallink Takso (Tallinn) 5% discount, Europark (Helsinki) 15% car parking discount.
Garage Decks are numbers 3 and 4. On Deck 1 are the Engine Room (extending to Deck 2) and other technical rooms. On Deck 2 are the ferry's technical rooms, crew cabins, and facilities (dining/bar lounge, mess hall), the Brig (ship jail). Car Deck 4 has a hydraulic mobile platform, which (when lowered) divides it horizontally and doubles its passenger car capacity.
Follows a list of car decks related safety procedures:
- Disabled passengers or those requiring specific assistance should visit the ship's Information Desk (open 24-hours).
- Apply handbrake and place the vehicle in park or 1st gear position. Switch off the ignition, alarm, electrical equipment, headlights. Gas cylinders, if any, must be switched off. Lock the vehicle.
- From your vehicle take only valuables and essential hand baggage.
- Make a note of your vehicle's location and garage deck number/stairway before leaving the car deck.
- Access to the ship's vehicle (cargo) decks during the voyage is prohibited.
- Smoking on vehicle decks, as well as in cabins and passenger lounges is forbidden.
- Wait for the onboard announcement before returning to your vehicle.
- In order to avoid air pollution, don't start the engine until instructed.
The shipowner Tallink (headquartered in Tallinn, Estonia) is an Estonian shipping company that operates Baltic Sea cruise ferries and RoPax vessels with direct services connecting Estonia with Finland and Sweden. and Sweden with Finland and Latvia. Tallink-Silja current fleet includes the ships Baltic Princess, Baltic Queen, Silja Europa, Silja Galaxy, Silja Serenade, Silja Symphony, Tallink Isabelle, Tallink Megastar, Tallink MySTAR (2022), Tallink Romantika, Tallink Star, Tallink Victoria.
Tallink Romantika ferry - user reviews and comments
Photos of Tallink Romantika ferryAdd Photo
Tallink Romantika ferry ship related cruise news
- Cruise Industry
Estonian ferry operator TALLINK-SILJA LINE announced it would resume passenger shipping on the Riga (Latvia)-Stockholm (Sweden) route with just one...May 9, 2020
- show more news
Other TALLINK-SILJA LINE cruise ships
Tallink Romantika ferry Wiki
The shipbuilding contract for Tallink Romantika was signed on August 30, 2000. The vessel's construction started on May 23, 2001 (keel-laying at Aker Yards, Rauma Finland). The ship was launched and christened on December 14, 2001, delivered to TALLINK on May 10, 2002, and entered service on May 21.
The ship is powered by 4x Wartsila marine diesel engines (model 16V32, combined output 26,2 MW). The hull is ice-strengthened (class 1A Super) which allows year-round operations on Baltic Sea routes with extreme ice conditions.
In the period 2002-2006, the ferry was deployed on the Finland-Estonia route Helsinki–Tallinn. In 2006, she was replaced by Silja Galaxy and deployed on the route Tallinn-Stockholm, operated together with the fleet mate Victoria 1. In May 2009, the ferry was deployed on the Sweden-Latvia route Stockholm–Riga. August 2014 through December 2016, the ship operated the Stockholm-Aland (Mariehamn)-Tallinn route.
In 2020 (January 13-24) the vessel was drydock refurbished at Nauta Shipyard (Gdynia Poland). The project included scheduled maintenance and technical works (including shoreside-power capability) plus extensive renovations of several venues and common areas (corridors, stairways). Complete overhauls received the buffet restaurant (Grande Buffet), the cafe bistro (Coffee & Co), the pub lounge (Seapub). Smaller refurbs received the Grill House, Russian Restaurant, Disco Nightclub (new flooring and furniture).
In summer 2020, Tallink scheduled for Romantika ship 2x special roundtrip cruises from Riga to Helsinki Finland (docking at Olympia Terminal), with departure dates July 24 and August 7. Both voyages departed from Riga at 4 PM and from Helsinki at 7 PM.
All Tallink ships are regularly updated and refurbished (twice in 5 years each). In 2015-2020, the company invested ~EUR 90 million into fleetwide renovations.
Tallink Romantika ferry User Reviews
There are no user reviews for this ship. Be first, share your experience!Write a Review