River Ambassador Review and Specifications
Specifications of River Ambassador
|Year built||1993 / Age : 25|
|Builder||Shipyard De Hoop BV (Lobith, Holland)|
|Owner||(TravCorp) The Travel Corporation|
|Operator||Uniworld River Cruises|
|Speed||13 kn / 24 kph / 15 mph|
|Length (LOA)||110 m / 361 ft|
|Beam (width)||11 m / 36 ft|
|Decks with cabins||2|
|Former names||River Ambassador, THE A (U by Uniworld)|
Review of River Ambassador
"U by Uniworld" River Ambassador ("THE A") ship cruises on Rhine, Main and Danube Rivers departing from Amsterdam, Vienna, Prague, Basel and Frankfurt am Main. Uniworld (officially "Uniworld Boutique River Cruise Collection") is a major river cruise company part of The Travel Corporation group.
Note: Since April 2018, the ship operates under the new brand "U by Uniworld" under the name "THE A", together with the fleetmate River Baroness (The B) cruises on Seine River, departing from Paris France.
- The "U by Uniworld" brand product is tailored for travelers ages 21-45, with less price-inclusions in comparison to standard Uniworld deals.
- "U by Uniworld" deals are inclusive of 2 meals a day (breakfast and dinner) and 1 or 2 shore excursions (each day). Optional tours and excursins (at additional prices) are offered each day.
- After the refit in 2017, both riverboats are with all black hulls, gym, main lounge, rooftop bar lounge, coffee bar, 2 dining venues ((main restaurant and rooftop / alfresco). Cabins are in only 3 categories.
- Both "U by Uniworld" ships were launched on April 14, 2018.
- THE A ship operates on Rhine, Main and Danube itineraries, featuring overnights and longer port stays in Amsterdam Holland, Budapest Hungary, Vienna Austria.
MS River Ambassador cruise ship entered service in 1993. She's one of Uniworld Cruises older vessels. After the refurbs in 2006 and 2011, it's hard to distinguish the age of this 118-passenger ship due to the light and stylish interiors.
River Ambassador suites and staterooms on the Rhine Deck feature French balconies. The amenities also include built-in closets, individual climate-control, hair dryer, direct-dial telephone, flat-screen TV, infotainment center and complimentary movie options, bottled water and Marble bathrooms with L’Occitane en Provence products. Ship's guests can benefit from the 24-hour reception service and complimentary specialty coffee bar, free Internet and Wi-Fi access. Uniworld cruises focus on walking and exploration tours with local guides.
River Ambassador river cruise prices are per person and based on double occupancy. These are only indicative Uniworld rates. They might be different when you book your Uniworld River Ambassador cruise only or cruisetour deals, influenced by travel agency promotions, special offers and discounts, group travel booking or last-minute deals rates. Uniworld offers air-inclusive cruise deals and pre/post cruise hotel packages as extensions (at additional cost).
After River Ambassador boat's refit and refurbishment in 2017, "U by Uniworld" THE A ship now has 4 suites, 29 studio bedrooms (single cabins), 26 balcony staterooms and 2 studio bedrooms with triple occupancy. All accommodations are with outside views and built-in Bluetooth speakers.
Shipboard dining options - Food and Drinks
The new brand "U by Uniworld" provides as onboard meals many local (river cruise itinerary based) dishes made from locally sourced and freshest ingredients. Among the dining options are classic and comfort food choices, as well as plenty of organic, vegan, vegetarian and healthy food choices. Special dietary needs are always accommodated upon request.
The boat provides 2 meals a day (based on its daily schedule). You can also offer custom-made food, like specialty burgers (bacon, goat cheese, fresh-made fries), make-your-own pizza (fresh local toppings), homemade granola (breakfast food with fresh juices). Whenever possible, local street food is also served.
Water, teas and coffees are also included in the fares. Extra cost craft beers, wine by the glass, cocktails, specialty coffees.
Shipboard entertainment options - Fun and Sport
On river cruising days, the ship often stops in picturesque locations, where on the Sun Deck passengers can create their very own painting - wine and supplies are provided complimentary.
Onboard are also organized mixology classes (for making signature cocktails), cooking classes (multi-course, led by the boat's chef), silent disco (headphones are provided), complimentary yoga classes (held in the mornings on the Sun Deck, led by the boat’s wellness coach). Complimentary Wi-Fi access (throught the ship) is also provided.
"U by Uniworld" THE A ship offers two rooftop / outdoor venues, Spa, entertainment with international DJs, professional mixologists, communal dining tables, farm-to-table cuisine.
"U by Uniworld" cruisetours and excursions
All river cruise itineraries are with included (complimentary) tours, among which are bicycle rides (along the river or in some cities), evening strolls, canal cruising (Amsterdam), vineyard hikes, castle tours.
All boat to town transfers are complimentary. passengers can always plan their own private excursions. In addition, there are specially planned excursions, events and shore activities created by the company's destination experts. These are optional (at extra charge) tour offers availabe on most itinerary days. Some activities are relaxed and low key, others are for more active passengers. U by Uniworld promises the benefits of best booking prices, complimentary transportation to and from the boat, high-quality and expert service.
"U by Uniworld" Itineraries
U by Uniworld cruise prices start from GBP 160 / USD 250 pp per day (in comparison to USD 330 pp per day for lowest-priced off-season Uniworld cruise. U by Uniworld ships - THE B (Baroness) and THE A (Ambassador) operate on Seine, Rhine, Main and Danube river itineraries, with overnights and longer port stays in major cities.
THE A cruise ship's 10-day itineraries are themed as "The Danube Flow", "Germany’s Finest", "Rolling on the Rhine". In addition are offered Holiday Cruises (5-day itineraries) themed "A Merry Little Christmas" and "Dashing Through The Danube".
Note: You can see the CruiseMapper's list of all river cruise ships and riverboats in the "itinerary" section of our River Cruises hub. All companies and their fleets are listed there.
River Ambassador wiki
- Cabin grades number: 4
- Total number of cabins: 58 (of which 4 Suite)
- Restaurants: Restaurant (Main dining room)
- Lounges & Bars: Main Lounge (featuring a dance floor and full-service Bar)
- Sun Deck (chessboard, shuffleboard), Library, Boutique Shop, Serenity Spa.
- River Ambassador ship is one of the older boats owned by this major river cruise line. The ship passed through extensive refurbishment projects - in 2006 and in 2011.
- All riverview suites and standard staterooms are with handcrafted UK-made Savoir beds and top-luxury bedding sets. All the Rhine Deck’s cabins are with French balconies. Additional ship amenities include complimentary use of Nordic walking sticks and bicycles on all Uniworld cruises’ shore excursions.
In the end of 2016, Uniworld introduced a new cruise line brand named "U by Uniworld". The new brand was created specifically for younger travelers (aged between 18-40). It is operated with a fleet of two newly refurbished ships and offers longer port stays on the company's European river cruise itineraries.
- The new line's fleet includes the 116-passenger riverboats River Ambassador (launched 1999) and River Baroness (launched 1997). The renovated ships feature more contemporary interior design, communal tables for dining, onboard cocktail mixologists, onboard DJs.
- Sales started in March 2017, with bookings for 2018.
- "U by Uniworld" is operated with separate brochures, new website (ubyuniworld.com) and separate pricing.
- Starting April 2018 (Inaugural cruise April 14), "U by Uniworld" deals are inclusive of 2 gourmet meals per day, unlimited drinks (coffee and tea), wine and soft beverages (lunch and dinner), free Wi-Fi, gratuities. Prices start from USD 2500 (8-day River Ambassador cruise). U by Uniworld itineraries feature overnights and longer port stays in Amsterdam, Budapest, Vienna. The 8-day maiden voyage's prices started from USD 187 pp per day.
- Signature themed shipboard activities are outdoor yoga, classes (cooking, painting with wine, bar mixology), sundeck boutique bar lounge, "silent disco" (on the sun deck, passengers dancing with earphones on), themed excursions (Seine River kayaking, Budapest river rafting).
- The new line's social media campaign is hashtagged #AllAboutU, to collate requests and suggestions for Uniworld's new cruising vacation experience.
River Ambassador - user reviews and comments
River Ambassador ship related cruise news
- Cruise Industry
U by Uniworld introduced a new itinerary in Northern France onboard The B, along with new onboard amenities and shore excursions across the fleet in...September 10, 2018
- Cruise Industry
The new river cruise brand of Uniworld Boutique River Cruise Collection and The Travel Corporation, U by Uniworld, launched its 2nd ship, The A. The...April 19, 2018
- Cruise Industry
U by Uniworld’s first ship began its maiden voyage along Seine River on October 7. The newly renovated sister cruise ships – The A...October 11, 2017
- Cruise Industry
Millennial-focused cruise line U by Uniworld unveiled renderings of its river ships, which will feature all-black exteriors. The first sailings of...September 4, 2017
- show more news
Other U by Uniworld cruise ships
River Ambassador Itineraries
The below listed River Ambassador cruise prices on itineraries are only indicative and Per Person (in US dollars, based on double occupancy). These are the cheapest Uniworld fares on the ship’s lowest category cabins available for booking. Cruise fares typically change with departure dates approaching, last minute deals, discounts, promotions, independent travel agency offers.
|Date||Cruise Name||Departure Port||Price from|
|2018 May 31||7 days, one-way from Nuremberg to Dusseldorf||Nuremberg||$2248|