AIDAperla Review and Specifications
Specifications of AIDAperla
Review of AIDAperla
Launched in 2017 (currently under construction), AIDAperla is the second of the newest AIDA Cruises ships, together with her sister AIDAprima (2016) which cost US $645 million to build. AIDAperla ship is the 12th and the 2nd biggest vessel ever built for AIDA Cruises. She is also the 2nd of two Japan-built ships.
History - construction & ownership
AIDA Cruises is a German cruise line that is British-American owned and based in Rostock (Germany). Founded originally as Deutsche Seereederei, in the 1960s the company entered cruise industry. In 2000, AIDA Cruises was purchased by P&O Princess Cruises. After in 2003 Carnival Corporation and P&O Princess formed Carnival Corporation & plc, the executive control of AIDA was transferred to Costa Cruises, responsible for Carnival Group European brands.
The 124,500-ton, 3,400-passenger cruise ship AIDAperla is among the most technologically advanced ships on the planet. The hull is designed to reduce friction and to minimize the fuel consumption. Emissions (nitrogen oxide, sulfur oxide and soot particles) are minimized by the impressive 90 and 99 percent.
Cruise itinerary program
AIDAperla itinerary program is based on 7-day Western Mediterranean round-trip cruises with ports of call Corsica, Civitavecchia/Rome, Livorno (Pisa-Florence) and Barcelona. Departures will be out of home-port Palma de Mallorca leaving every Saturday.
The Inaugural cruise is expected to be from Japan, with its departure and call port dates for the 2017 and 2018 European itineraries yet to be announced.
Most AIDAperla staterooms are 225-270-sq.foot Balcony rooms (1101). Nearly 70% of all accommodations feature private verandas. There are a total of 1643 staterooms in 15 categories. The largest aboard AIDAperla are the Deluxe Suites (1345 ft2).
Dining options - Food & Drinks
The new AIDAperla has a variety of dining options, including the classic Bella Donna and Markt Restaurant, as well as the Fuego buffet family restaurant. Service restaurants such as Casa Nova and French Kiss offer Mediterranean and French cuisines respectively. Guests onboard can visit the AIDA cooking school and try the interactive cooking classes. The ship also features an exclusive Spray Bar which is spread across two decks and operated via pertnership with Moët & Chandon. The stern side features the Lanai Bar on Deck 8, and guests of Patio Bar on Deck 16 can enjoy the same view as ship's captain. Other bars include AIDAperla's nightclub Nightfly, M Bar, Tapas & Bar and club D6.
Follows the complete list of AIDAperla restaurants and food bars.
- Scharfe Ecke (Sharp Corner, complimentary fastfood dining venue)
- Rossini (specialty, dinner-only restaurant at surcharge, reservations required; offers waiter service and 6-course a-la-carte menu)
- Markt Restaurant (complimentary main dining room; self-service buffet restaurant with a variety of food stations and a small terrace)
- Bella Donna (Italian cuisine restaurant, complimentary, buffet-style dining, open 24 hours)
- Ristorante Casa Nova (Mediterranean cuisine restaurant at surcharge)
- Brasserie French Kiss (French cuisine restaurant, reservations-only, at surcharge)
- Weite Welt Restaurant (Wide World complimentary buffet-style restaurant)
- Buffalo Steakhouse (American fare restaurant with a la carte menu; reservations required; at surcharge)
- Sushi Bar (Japanese restaurant at surcharge, reservations are required)
- Fuego Restaurant (new family restaurant, complimentary, with a kids buffet)
- East Restaurant (Asian cuisine, buffet-style complimentary restaurant).
Entertainment options - Fun & Sport
Passengers can unwind by the pool in the AIDAperla’s Beach Club. At night, this area turns into a magnificent party scene. The Beach Club is housed beneath the expandable membrane roof. It features the activity area ‘Four Elements’ (based on water, air, fire and earth). Guests can have their best “AIDA fun” on the two water slides, or to try rock climbing, or any other activities on the Prima ship’s sports deck. This deck also has a giant LED wall for movies and other outdoor video entertainment. In addition to the Teens and Kids Clubs on board, for the first time there is a “Mini Club” for infants from 6 months.
The panoramic glass elevators which connect the outdoor areas, as well as the glass 45-meter above water level skywalk are among the other highlights. Organic treatments pamper at the Body & Soul Organic Spa. AIDA plaza offers a wealth of bars and shops and functions as a meeting place and a stage for street performers. The enhanced Theatrium is the heart of the entertainment – its round stage is the trademark of AIDA Cruises.
Follows the complete list of AIDAperla lounges, clubs and other entertainment venues for kids, teens and adults.
- Pier 3 Bar (coffee bar)
- Spray Bar (adults-only 2-level luxury lounge & Champagne bar via partnership with French winery “Moet & Chandon”)
- Diskothek (Disco D6, with a DJ program, light shows and themed dance parties)
- Nachtclub Nightfly (adult-only nightclub lounge with grand piano, live band music and its own bar)
- Tapas & Bar
- AIDA Plaza (2-deck high, open-floor Atrium lounge with bars and live entertainment; luxury boutique shopping arcade)
- Jewelry Shop; Travel Shop; Photo Shop; Sport Shop; Parfumerie; Kids Shop; Treasure Chest Shop
- Kids Club (AIDA Cruises kids program is complimentary, with supervised, age appropriate activities: the 3 age groups include Seahorses for 3-6 yo, Dolphins for 7-9 yo and Sharks 10-11 yo; the Kids Club has outdoor area with a paddling pool)
- AIDA Bar (cocktail bar with live music)
- Art Gallery (Kunstgalerie; sells original artworks of renowned art schools and German artists; hosts art auctions)
- AIDA Lounge (with 270-degree panoramic views and comfortable seating)
- The Library (Bibliotek; offers card and board games)
- AIDAprima casino (served by Casino Bar)
- Theatrium (3-deck high, big-capacity show lounge with large stage with dynamic platform; this is a combined Atrium-Theater-Lounge for daily entertainment, large-scale productions, cabaret and magician shows; served by Theatrium Bar)
- Eiscafe (ice cream parlor Icecafe Erste Sahne)
- Cafe Mare (patisserie & specialty coffee bar)
- Vinotek (fine wines shop; offers sommelier service and wine tasting events)
- Brauhaus (beerhouse; onboard brewery, purified seawater is used for brewing beer; the Beer House sells its own draft beers)
- Destille (Distillery; fruit spirits bar)
- AIDA Bar (big-capacity lounge with panoramic windows)
- Photo Gallery & Shop (professional photo & video services, duty-free accessories and equipment; new feature are the photo kiosks with touch-screens /face-recognition system)
- AIDA Shop (duty-free merchandise at discount prices; the shopping arcade has a general store selling liquor and tobaccos, as well as small boutiques for jewelry, luxury watches, perfumes, brand fashion clothing, AIDA logo goods)
- Beauty Salon (Friseur; provides hairdresser, barber services, professional manicure/pedicure Nail Spa)
- Body & Soul Sport Fitness Centre (with a modern Gym and separate area for classes)
- Zen Lounge (relaxation room; hosts indoor classes)
- Blutenmeer (Blooming Sea flower shop)
- Kochstudio (Cooking Studio for culinary classes, workshops, master chefs presentations; reservations are required)
- Lanai Bar (with outdoor seating area)
- Sundeck area (with 4 infinity pools)
- Wave Club (water playground and teens club with supervised activities in two age groups – Orcas for 12 -13 yo and Teens 14 -17 yo; complimentary)
- Body & Soul Organic SPA complex (with indoor/outdoor pools, big whirlpools and retractable glass roof; offers Japanese Tea Ceremony, body scrubs and wraps; facilities include 5 saunas, treatment rooms, Rasul bath, relaxation room, shower room, conservatory, luxury Spa Suites, SPA Bar)
- AIDA Lounge (with 270-degree panorama views, comfortable couches and tables); Sunset Bar
- Mini Club (childcare/babysitting services for toddlers and little kids 6 months to 3 yo)
- Four Elements (Water Park with rock climbing walls, pools and whirlpools, splash pool and fountains for children, stage for live shows, huge LED screen and 2 water slides; the activity deck is covered with a sliding glass roof)
- Bar 5 Elements (serving the Aqua Park complex)
- AIDA Beach Club (2-deck high relaxation oasis, covered with glass dome for tropical beach-like experience with live plants and palm trees; in the evenings, the club is transformed into a party zone)
- Sundeck / sunbathing area (Freibereich, located above the swimming pool; with loungers, served by the Pool Bar); the ship’s Top Deck is dedicated to Freikorperkultur / FKK Bereich nudist area with sunloungers)
- Sun Deck games area (Sonnendeck – Freibereich, with shuffleboard, giant chess, Boccia, backgammon, darts, table tennis)
- Patiodeck (exclusive, covered deck area for Panorama cabin guests only, adult-only)
- Sports Deck area (Sportaussendeck with a combined sports court volleyball/basketball, Golf Cage, putting green area, golf simulator)
- Rock Climbing Walls; High Ropes Course; Power Walking/Jogging Track.
|Year built 2017|
Passenger capacity / crew capacity 3286 (3400 max) / 900
Dimensions (Gross tonnage weight / LOA length) 124,500 tons / 983 ft (300 m)
Ship builder Mitsubishi Heavy Industries (Nagasaki, Japan)
Building cost USD 645 mill
Ship owner Carnival Corporation
Operator AIDA Kreuzfahrten
Christened by -
Official website link aida.de
AIDAperla itineraries 2017
According to the AIDA's official announcement made on March 9, 2016, the ship will operate on 7-day Western Mediterranean round-trip itineraries with ports of call Corsica (France), Civitavecchia-Rome (Italy), Livorno (Pisa-Florence, Italy) and Barcelona (Spain). Departures will be out of Palma de Mallorca (home-port) leaving every Saturday.
The ship's Inaugural Cruise date (from Japan) and the rest of its departure and call port dates for the 2017 and 2018 European itineraries are yet to be announced.