Carnival Vista Review and Specifications
Specifications of Carnival Vista
|Builder||FINCANTIERI TRIESTE ITALY|
|Speed||18 kn / 33 kph / 21 mph|
|Length (LOA)||322 m / 1056 ft|
|Beam (width)||37 m / 121 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||133500 gt|
|Passengers||3930 - 4716|
|Decks with cabins||12|
Review of Carnival Vista
Launched in 2016, Carnival Vista is the first Vista class (modified Dream-class) vessel in Carnival Cruise Lines fleet. Vista is the newest Carnival ship, constructed in Italy at Fincantieri shipyard. When she debuted on May 1, 2016 Carnival Vista was the 25th and the largest in fleet, together with the Dream-class vessels Breeze, Magic and Dream.
History - construction & ownership
The shipowner Carnival Cruise Lines is an American company headquartered in Doral, Florida. It was founded as an independent company by Ted Arison in 1972. Today, it is one of the 9 cruise ship brands owned and operated by Carnival Corp. & plc. The line has the largest fleet in the whole Carnival group of cruise companies, with 24 ships currently in operation, and accounting for 21.1% of the cruise industry's worldwide market.
The 133,500-ton, 4000-passenger cruise ship Carnival Vista was delivered on April 28, 2016. She offers all Carnival Fun Ship 2.0 details, plus many first at sea features, including the Multiplex (the first at sea IMAX theater with a 3-deck large screen); Skyride (extraordinary peddled roller coaster bike ride); Havana cabins complex (with pool, lounge and its own bar); Family Harbor staterooms; the biggest SportsSquare sport complex; Fun Ship 2.0’s BlueIguana Cantina, RedFrog Bar and Alchemy Bar; new show programming; Carnival Cloud 9 Spa & Fitness.
Carnival Vista, Carnival Cruise Line's newest and largest ship, was christened on November 4, 2016 in New York City, at an event honoring the military which featured celebrities like Miss USA Deshauna Barber (ship's godmother) and singer Carrie Underwood.
Cruise itinerary program
Following her May 1, 2016 inaugural cruise from Trieste, Vista will operate on 8- to 13-day Mediterranean sailings from Athens and Barcelona. In November the ship will reposition to New York for a couple of 11-day cruises and later that month will launch year-round Caribbean service from Miami.
Carnival Vista itinerary program is based on departures from Port of Miami Florida. On its Florida round-trips, the ship visits popular islands and ports of call in the Eastern, Western and Southern Caribbean. Feature port destinations include the Dominican Republic, Puerto Rico, Cozumel, Jamaica, Grand Turk, Saint Kitts, Saint Maarten, Bonaire, Aruba, Curacao.
Most Carnival Vista staterooms are 185-220-sq.foot insides (678), oceanview (293), balcony (880, with verandas of 35-75 sq.feet) and Suite (72). Vista also offers 60 Cloud 9 Spa cabins and 35 wheelchair accessible rooms. All Carnival Cloud 9 Spa cabins have exclusive access to private Spa facilities on Panorama Deck. Cloud 9 Spa rooms feature the following amenities: Spa reservations, complimentary use of Thalassotherapy Pool and Thermal Suite, fitness classes and deluxe bath amenities.
Dining options - Food & Drinks
Carnival Vista offers two main dining rooms, Horizons and Reflections. Horizons hosts a small bar suited for pre-dinner drinks. The main dining rooms feature select items from the onboard steakhouse, available for an additional fee. Vista also has a Lido buffet. Seafood lovers will be pampered with the Seafood Shack - brand new to Carnival fleet, New England-inspired casual eatery located on ship's top deck. It offers both indoor and outdoor seating and the menu includes steamed lobster, lobster rolls, fried shrimp, fried clams, crab cakes and other seafood surprises. Seafood Shack serves lunch and dinner and is priced a la carte starting at $4.
The available on all Fun ships Chef's Table is a dining experience that affords a dozen guests to experience multicourse dinner with the master chef, private cocktail reception and a tour of the galley. This dining option usually takes place in a non-traditional venue, like the library or the galley, and can be booked onboard for US$75 per person.
Follows the complete list of Carnival Vista restaurants and food bars.
- Reflections Restaurant (1474-seat, complimentary MDR; the bigger of ship’s two main dining rooms; offers two fixed dinner seatings and open seating Breakfast and Lunch; “Seuss At Sea” themed breakfasts costs $5 cover charge)
- Horizon’s Restaurant (702-seat; offers formal dining with two fixed dinner seatings and “Anytime Dining” between 5:45-9:30p.m.)
- Bonsai Sushi Bar (Japanese restaurant)
- Fat Jimmy’s C-Side BBQ (barbeque & grill restaurant)
- Fahrenheit 555 Steakhouse (specialty restaurant, with “Chef’s Table” dining)
- Guy’s Burger Joint (poolside burger bar)
- Bluelguana Cantina (poolside Mexican fast food bar)
- Lido Marketplace (825-seat self-service buffet restaurant)
- Pizzeria del Capitano (24-hour pizzeria restaurant)
- Seafood Shack (offers indoor and outdoor seating, lobster and shrimp; a la carte priced)
- Cucina del Capitano (Italian Trattoria)
- Ji Ji Asian Kitchen (specialty Asian restaurant).
Entertainment options - Fun & Sport
Long-known for abundance of entertainment, Carnival is not sitting on its laurels with new Carnival Vista. The fun onboard starts with SkyRide, industry's first open-air, pedal-powered aerial ride. Riders have to climb onboard a hanging bike and "cycle" their way around the 800ft suspended track, 150 feet above sea level. If you consider that SkyRide does not provide the needed adrenaline-pumping action, SkyCourse ropes circuit will do. Both SkyCourse and SkyRide are part of the SportSquare, which also features an indoor hangout, mini-bowling, The Clubhouse, Ping-Pong, sports video gaming, arcade basketball and more. Vista also boasts the biggest Carnival WaterWorks park, including enclosed Kaleid-O-Slide water tube, on which riders enjoy 455 feet of turns and twists.
Follows the complete list of Carnival Vista lounges, clubs and other entertainment venues for kids, teens and adults.
- Family Harbor Lounge (a new, dedicated to families space with 24-hour complimentary dining, concierge and babysitting service, movies, video games, board games by Hasbro)
- Liquid Lounge (1400-seat, 2-level show lounge, with “Playlist Productions” and “Hasbro Game Shows”)
- Vista Atrium (3-deck high midship lounge area with LED screens, live-performances, visual displays; served by 100-seat Vista Lobby Bar)
- Shopping Arcade (with two Boutique Shops and two Fun Shops); Pixels Photo Gallery & Shop; Dream Photo Studio; Cherry on Top (candy shop)
- Vista Casino (484-seat)
- Limelight Lounge
- Lanai promenade (with 60 outdoor seats, served by Lanai Bar-BQ Bar)
- FunHub (Internet room)
- Shake Spot; Taste Bar; Havana Bar; Clubhouse & Bar; JavaBlue Café
- Ocean Plaza (270-seat lounge served by 50-seat Plaza Cafe)
- Havana Outside (Havana pool area with one swimming pool, two whirlpools, palm threes)
- Carnival Multiplex (includes IMAX and Thrill cinemas)
- Thrill Theatre (5D cinema room)
- IMAX Theater (the first IMAX at sea, with 3-deck high screen)
- Circle C (kids club lounge); Club O2 (teens club lounge)
- Warehouse (Video Arcade)
- BlueIguana Tequila Bar (poolside Mexican bar)
- RedFrog Rum Bar (also serves the ThirstyFrog Red draught beer)
- Tides Pool (with one swimming pool, two Whirlpools, sunbathing area; served by Tides Bar)
- Camp Ocean (formerly known as "Camp Carnival" - youth activities program)
- Dr Seuss Bookville (family-themed kids room with all Dr Seuss books available to read; offers games and themed activities)
- Carnival Cloud 9 Spa (wellness complex)
- Carnival WaterWorks (water-play outdoor area with AquaPark, Twister waterslide, Kaleid-O-Slide)
- Seaside Theatre (with huge LED screen)
- SportSquare (outdoor sporting area); SkyGreens (mini golf); Jogging Track
- SkyFitness (outdoors)
- SkyRide (“bicycle ride in the sky”)
- SkyCourse (suspended ropes course)
- Serenity Retreat (adults relaxation area served by Serenity Bar, with 2 cantilevered Whirlpools and sunbathing area).
Carnival Vista wiki
|Year built 2016|
Passenger capacity / crew capacity 3954 (4683 max) / 1450
Dimensions (Gross tonnage weight / LOA length) 133,500 tons / 1055 ft (322 m)
Flag State (registered in) Panama
Ship builder Fincantieri (Monfalcone, Italy)
Building cost USD 800 mill
Ship owner Carnival Corporation
Operator Carnival Cruise Lines
Christened by Christine Duffy
Official website link Carnival.com
Accident reports and news CruiseMinus.com
Carnival Vista related cruise news
PortMiami welcomed Carnival's newest, largest and most innovative cruise ship, Carnival Vista, when she arrived on Sunday, November 27, to...November 29, 2016
Carnival Cruise Line stated on its Facebook page that Carnival Vista is experiencing what the line calls a "technical" problem with ship's...November 15, 2016
For the first time since her debut in April 2016, the newest and largest cruise ship of Holland America arrived in Fort Lauderdale on Wednesday...November 10, 2016
Carnival Vista, Carnival Cruise Line's newest and largest ship, was christened Friday, November 4, in New York City, at an event honoring the...November 5, 2016
In honor of Veterans Day, Carnival is now offering special savings, shipboard credits and free upgrades during November to active and retired members...November 2, 2016
A medical emergency occurred yesterday on Carnival Vista, and a helicopter medevaced a cruise passenger. The Carnival ship had...October 23, 2016
Carnival Vista’s Kaleid-o-slide – the wildest and longest water slide in Carnival fleet – has been named one of the Best Splash...October 14, 2016
Carnival Vista, Crystal Mozart and Regent Seven Seas Explorer have been announced the best new cruise ships of 2016 in Cruise Critic Editors' Picks...October 13, 2016
For the launch of new Carnival Vista, Carnival Cruise Line has partnered with Arnold Worldwide in order to help bring ship’s unique features to...October 9, 2016
Miss USA Deshauna Barber was named godmother of Carnival Cruise Line’s newest and biggest ship, Carnival Vista. Barber made history...October 6, 2016
Other Carnival Cruise Line cruise ships
Carnival Vista Itineraries 2016
The below listed Carnival Vista cruise prices on 2016 itineraries are only indicative and Per Person (in US dollars, based on double occupancy). These are the cheapest Carnival Cruise Line fares on the ship’s lowest category cabins available for booking. Cruise fares typically change with departure dates approaching, last minute deals, discounts, promotions, independent travel agency offers.
|05 Nov||Departing from New York, Cape Liberty NYC|
|08 Nov 12:00 - 20:00||Amber Cove, Dominican Republic|
|09 Nov 13:00 - 23:00||San Juan, Puerto Rico|
|10 Nov 08:00 - 17:00||Saint Thomas Island, Charlotte Amalie, USVI|
|11 Nov 09:00 - 18:00||St Johns, Antigua|
|12 Nov 08:00 - 17:00||Philipsburg, St Maarten Island, Dutch Antilles|
|16 Nov||Arriving in New York, Cape Liberty NYC|
|16 Nov||Departing from New York, Cape Liberty NYC|
|19 Nov 11:00 - 19:00||Grand Turk Island|
|21 Nov 09:00 - 18:00||Kralendijk, Bonaire Island, Dutch Antilles|
|22 Nov 08:00 - 18:00||Oranjestad, Aruba Island, Dutch Antilles|
|24 Nov 08:00 - 16:00||Philipsburg, St Maarten Island, Dutch Antilles|
|27 Nov||Arriving in Miami, Florida|
Carnival Vista Itineraries 2017
The below listed Carnival Vista cruise prices on 2017 itineraries are only indicative and Per Person (in US dollars, based on double occupancy). These are the cheapest Carnival Cruise Line fares on the ship’s lowest category cabins available for booking. Cruise fares typically change with departure dates approaching, last minute deals, discounts, promotions, independent travel agency offers.
Carnival Vista Itineraries 2018
The below listed Carnival Vista cruise prices on 2018 itineraries are only indicative and Per Person (in US dollars, based on double occupancy). These are the cheapest Carnival Cruise Line fares on the ship’s lowest category cabins available for booking. Cruise fares typically change with departure dates approaching, last minute deals, discounts, promotions, independent travel agency offers.