Carnival Vista Review and Specifications
Specifications of Carnival Vista
|Builder||Fincantieri (Monfalcone, Italy)|
|Building cost||USD 800 million|
|Owner||Carnival Corporation & PLC|
|Speed||23 kn / 43 kph / 26 mph|
|Length (LOA)||322 m / 1056 ft|
|Beam (width)||37 m / 121 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||133500 gt|
|Passengers||3930 - 4716|
|Decks with cabins||12|
|Christened by||Christine Duffy|
Review of Carnival Vista
Launched in 2016, Carnival Vista is the first Vista class (modified Dream-class) vessel in Carnival Cruise Lines fleet. Vista is the newest Carnival ship, constructed in Italy at Fincantieri shipyard. When she debuted on May 1, 2016 Carnival Vista was the 25th and the largest in fleet, together with the Dream-class vessels Breeze, Magic and Dream.
History - construction & ownership
The shipowner Carnival Cruise Lines is an American company headquartered in Doral, Florida. It was founded as an independent company by Ted Arison in 1972. Today, it is one of the 9 cruise ship brands owned and operated by Carnival Corp. & plc. The line has the largest fleet in the whole Carnival group of cruise companies, with 24 ships currently in operation, and accounting for 21.1% of the cruise industry's worldwide market.
The 133,500-ton, 4000-passenger cruise ship Carnival Vista was delivered on April 28, 2016. She offers all Carnival Fun Ship 2.0 details, plus many first at sea features, including the Multiplex (the first at sea IMAX theater with a 3-deck large screen); Skyride (extraordinary peddled roller coaster bike ride); Havana cabins complex (with pool, lounge and its own bar); Family Harbor staterooms; the biggest SportsSquare sport complex; Fun Ship 2.0’s BlueIguana Cantina, RedFrog Bar and Alchemy Bar; new show programming; Carnival Cloud 9 Spa & Fitness. Carnival Vista, Carnival Cruise Line's newest and largest ship, was christened on November 4, 2016 in New York City, at an event honoring the military which featured celebrities like Miss USA Deshauna Barber (ship's godmother) and singer Carrie Underwood.
Cruise itinerary program
Following her May 1, 2016 inaugural cruise from Trieste, Vista will operate on 8- to 13-day Mediterranean sailings from Athens and Barcelona. In November the ship will reposition to New York for a couple of 11-day cruises and later that month will launch year-round Caribbean service from Miami.
Carnival Vista itinerary program is based on departures from Port of Miami Florida. On its Florida round-trips, the ship visits popular islands and ports of call in the Eastern, Western and Southern Caribbean. Feature port destinations include the Dominican Republic, Puerto Rico, Cozumel, Jamaica, Grand Turk, Saint Kitts, Saint Maarten, Bonaire, Aruba, Curacao.
Most Carnival Vista staterooms are 185-220-sq.foot insides (678), oceanview (293), balcony (880, with verandas of 35-75 sq.feet) and Suite (72). Vista also offers 60 Cloud 9 Spa cabins and 35 wheelchair accessible rooms. All Carnival Cloud 9 Spa cabins have exclusive access to private Spa facilities on Panorama Deck. Cloud 9 Spa rooms feature the following amenities: Spa reservations, complimentary use of Thalassotherapy Pool and Thermal Suite, fitness classes and deluxe bath amenities.
Dining options - Food & Drinks
Carnival Vista offers two main dining rooms, Horizons and Reflections. Horizons hosts a small bar suited for pre-dinner drinks. The main dining rooms feature select items from the onboard steakhouse, available for an additional fee. Vista also has a Lido buffet. Seafood lovers will be pampered with the Seafood Shack - brand new to Carnival fleet, New England-inspired casual eatery located on ship's top deck. It offers both indoor and outdoor seating and the menu includes steamed lobster, lobster rolls, fried shrimp, fried clams, crab cakes and other seafood surprises. Seafood Shack serves lunch and dinner and is priced a la carte starting at $4.
The available on all Fun ships Chef's Table is a dining experience that affords a dozen guests to experience multicourse dinner with the master chef, private cocktail reception and a tour of the galley. This dining option usually takes place in a non-traditional venue, like the library or the galley, and can be booked onboard for US$75 per person.
Follows the complete list of Carnival Vista restaurants and food bars.
- Reflections Restaurant (1474-seat, complimentary MDR; the bigger of ship’s two main dining rooms; offers two fixed dinner seatings and open seating Breakfast and Lunch; “Seuss At Sea” themed breakfasts costs $5 cover charge)
- Horizon’s Restaurant (702-seat; offers formal dining with two fixed dinner seatings and “Anytime Dining” between 5:45-9:30p.m.)
- Bonsai Sushi Bar (Japanese restaurant)
- Fat Jimmy’s C-Side BBQ (barbeque & grill restaurant)
- Fahrenheit 555 Steakhouse (specialty restaurant, with “Chef’s Table” dining)
- Guy’s Burger Joint (poolside burger bar)
- Bluelguana Cantina (poolside Mexican fast food bar)
- Lido Marketplace (825-seat self-service buffet restaurant)
- Pizzeria del Capitano (24-hour pizzeria restaurant)
- Seafood Shack (offers indoor and outdoor seating, lobster and shrimp; a la carte priced)
- Cucina del Capitano (Italian Trattoria)
- Ji Ji Asian Kitchen (specialty Asian restaurant).
Entertainment options - Fun & Sport
Long-known for abundance of entertainment, Carnival is not sitting on its laurels with new Carnival Vista. The fun onboard starts with SkyRide, industry's first open-air, pedal-powered aerial ride. Riders have to climb onboard a hanging bike and "cycle" their way around the 800ft suspended track, 150 feet above sea level. If you consider that SkyRide does not provide the needed adrenaline-pumping action, SkyCourse ropes circuit will do. Both SkyCourse and SkyRide are part of the SportSquare, which also features an indoor hangout, mini-bowling, The Clubhouse, Ping-Pong, sports video gaming, arcade basketball and more. Vista also boasts the biggest Carnival WaterWorks park, including enclosed Kaleid-O-Slide water tube, on which riders enjoy 455 feet of turns and twists.
Follows the complete list of Carnival Vista lounges, clubs and other entertainment venues for kids, teens and adults.
- Family Harbor Lounge (a new, dedicated to families space with 24-hour complimentary dining, concierge and babysitting service, movies, video games, board games by Hasbro)
- Liquid Lounge (1400-seat, 2-level show lounge, with “Playlist Productions” and “Hasbro Game Shows”)
- Vista Atrium (3-deck high midship lounge area with LED screens, live-performances, visual displays; served by 100-seat Vista Lobby Bar)
- Shopping Arcade (with two Boutique Shops and two Fun Shops); Pixels Photo Gallery & Shop; Dream Photo Studio; Cherry on Top (candy shop)
- Vista Casino (484-seat)
- Limelight Lounge
- Lanai promenade (with 60 outdoor seats, served by Lanai Bar-BQ Bar)
- FunHub (Internet room)
- Shake Spot; Taste Bar; Havana Bar; Clubhouse & Bar; JavaBlue Café
- Ocean Plaza (270-seat lounge served by 50-seat Plaza Cafe)
- Havana Outside (Havana pool area with one swimming pool, two whirlpools, palm threes)
- Carnival Multiplex (includes IMAX and Thrill cinemas)
- Thrill Theatre (5D cinema room)
- IMAX Theater (the first IMAX at sea, with 3-deck high screen)
- Circle C (kids club lounge); Club O2 (teens club lounge)
- Warehouse (Video Arcade)
- BlueIguana Tequila Bar (poolside Mexican bar)
- RedFrog Rum Bar (also serves the ThirstyFrog Red draught beer)
- Tides Pool (with one swimming pool, two Whirlpools, sunbathing area; served by Tides Bar)
- Camp Ocean (formerly known as "Camp Carnival" - youth activities program)
- Dr Seuss Bookville (family-themed kids room with all Dr Seuss books available to read; offers games and themed activities)
- Carnival Cloud 9 Spa (wellness complex)
- Carnival WaterWorks (water-play outdoor area with AquaPark, Twister waterslide, Kaleid-O-Slide)
- Seaside Theatre (with huge LED screen)
- SportSquare (outdoor sporting area); SkyGreens (mini golf); Jogging Track
- SkyFitness (outdoors)
- SkyRide (“bicycle ride in the sky”)
- SkyCourse (suspended ropes course)
- Serenity Retreat (adults relaxation area served by Serenity Bar, with 2 cantilevered Whirlpools and sunbathing area).
Carnival Vista wiki
- Accident reports and news CruiseMinus.com
- Passenger decks: 13
- Cabin grades number: 34
- Total number of cabins: 1823 (of which 72 Suites, 880 Balcony, 293 Oceanview, 723 Inside, 35 wheelchair accessible, 61 Cloud 9 Spa cabins)
- Dining Rooms: Reflections (1474-seat), Horizon’s (702-seat)
- Restaurants and food bars: Lido Marketplace (buffet), Cucina del Capitano (Italian), Fahrenheit 555 (steakhouse), Ji Ji Asian Kitchen, Bonsai (sushi), Fat Jimmy's (BBQ), Bluelguana Cantina (Mexican), Guy's Burger.
- Lounges & Bars: Limelight, Liquid (1400-seat theater and nightclub), Ocean Plaza, The Library, BlueIguana Tequila, RedFrog Rum (pub), Pizzeria del Capitano, Seafood Shack, Sports Bar, Piano Bar, Havana Bar, Taste Bar, Shake Spot.
- Serenity adult-only retreat area, Carnival Cloud 9 Spa, 6 jacuzzis, 3 pools, Vista Water Park "WaterWorks", Sport Square, SkyTrack, SkyFitness (gym), SkyGreens (mini golf), SkyRide (aerial attraction), Skycourse (rope course), Club O2 (teens), Circle C (kids), Camp Ocean (kids play area), Dr Seuss Bookville, IMAX Theater (large movie screen), Seaside Theater (outdoor), Thrill (5D Cinema), FunHub (Internet room), 3-deck Atrium, Vista Casino, Cherry on Top (candies shop), The Lanai (promenade /outdoor seating, BQ Bar).
- The Carnival Vista cruise ship enters service in 2016 spring. The first steel for her was cut in February 2014, the keel was laid in October. Vista is going to be the 25th vessel in the fleet of Carnival Cruise Lines. It's still unclear whether she will join an existing class or be part of a new class of ships, but according to Carnival's chief marketing officer Jim Berra, will feature several of the same venues as Carnival Breeze (part of the Dream Class).
- By gross tonnage, Carnival Vista is the largest within Carnival fleet. The new ship also has Azipod propulsion (like Carnival Miracle). New features on board the Vista ship are the Multiplex media entertainment complex (IMAX theater for first run movies, plus the 3D Thrill cinema), Skyride (roller coaster with multiple riding bicycles on two paralleled tracks), larger SportsSquare complex, Havana Outside complex (pool, jacuzzies, bar, new Havana cruise accommodations), Family Harbor staterooms (with its own family-themed lounge /24-hour dining, concierge, babysitting, entertainment).
- Carnival Vista's 2016 Inaugural season is in Europe. The Mediterranean itineraries were scheduled for the summer, visiting ports in Greece and Greek Isles (Athens, Corfu, Rhodes, Crete /Heraklion), Turkey (Izmir), Spain (Barcelona, Palma), Croatia (Dubrovnik), Italy/Sicily (Livorno, Messina, Sardinia, Trieste, Naples, Rome), Malta (La Valetta) and France (Marseille).
- The Inaugural Cruise started on May 1, 2016 from Trieste, Italy. The itinerary was a 13-days ending in Barcelona, Spain, followed by a total of 18 Mediterranean itineraries in Europe.
- The ship's home-port in the USA is Miami, Florida. Out of Miami, the ship will operate year-round, round-trip 7-day Caribbean and Bahamas cruises. Carnival Vista's Caribbean cruise program starts in November 2016.
Carnival Vista related cruise news
Carnival Cruise Line will reposition 3 of its newest and largest cruise ships to new homeports 2018, expanding upon a variety of options...January 14, 2017
To celebrate upcoming Wave Season, Carnival is launching a month-long Carnivalidays promotional event featuring special savings, discounts, and...January 5, 2017
Carnival Cruise Line’s newest, biggest and most innovative ship, Carnival Vista, has been named "Best Cruise Ship for Families" in 10Best...December 29, 2016
PortMiami welcomed Carnival's newest, largest and most innovative cruise ship, Carnival Vista, when she arrived on Sunday, November 27, to...November 29, 2016
Carnival Cruise Line stated on its Facebook page that Carnival Vista is experiencing what the line calls a "technical" problem with ship's...November 15, 2016
For the first time since her debut in April 2016, the newest and largest cruise ship of Holland America arrived in Fort Lauderdale on Wednesday...November 10, 2016
Carnival Vista, Carnival Cruise Line's newest and largest ship, was christened Friday, November 4, in New York City, at an event honoring the...November 5, 2016
In honor of Veterans Day, Carnival is now offering special savings, shipboard credits and free upgrades during November to active and retired members...November 2, 2016
A medical emergency occurred yesterday on Carnival Vista, and a helicopter medevaced a cruise passenger. The Carnival ship had...October 23, 2016
Carnival Vista’s Kaleid-o-slide – the wildest and longest water slide in Carnival fleet – has been named one of the Best Splash...October 14, 2016
Other Carnival Cruise Line cruise ships
Carnival Vista Itineraries 2017
The below listed Carnival Vista cruise prices on 2017 itineraries are only indicative and Per Person (in US dollars, based on double occupancy). These are the cheapest Carnival Cruise Line fares on the ship’s lowest category cabins available for booking. Cruise fares typically change with departure dates approaching, last minute deals, discounts, promotions, independent travel agency offers.
Carnival Vista Itineraries 2018
The below listed Carnival Vista cruise prices on 2018 itineraries are only indicative and Per Person (in US dollars, based on double occupancy). These are the cheapest Carnival Cruise Line fares on the ship’s lowest category cabins available for booking. Cruise fares typically change with departure dates approaching, last minute deals, discounts, promotions, independent travel agency offers.
Carnival Vista Itineraries 2019
The below listed Carnival Vista cruise prices on 2019 itineraries are only indicative and Per Person (in US dollars, based on double occupancy). These are the cheapest Carnival Cruise Line fares on the ship’s lowest category cabins available for booking. Cruise fares typically change with departure dates approaching, last minute deals, discounts, promotions, independent travel agency offers.