Costa Venezia Review and Specifications
Specifications of Costa Venezia
|Year built||2019 new ship|
|Builder||Fincantieri (Monfalcone, Italy)|
|Building cost||USD 780 million|
|Owner||Carnival Corporation & PLC|
|Speed||23 kn / 43 kph / 26 mph|
|Length (LOA)||324 m / 1063 ft|
|Beam (width)||37 m / 121 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||135500 gt|
|Passengers||4232 - 5260|
|Decks with cabins||14|
Review of Costa Venezia
Costa Venezia (due to enter service in 2019) is the first Costa Cruises ship constructed and designed specifically for China's market.
- Of this class, two new cruise liners for Costa were scheduled for delivery in 2019 (Venezia) and 2020 (still unnamed sistership), both constructed by the Italian shipbuilder Fincantieri.
- Each vessel has gross tonnage 135,500 tons, 2116 cabins and passenger capacity 4200 (max / double-occupancy - 5260 pax).
- Ship's design features more efficient use of both indoor and open-deck spaces, with several multi-functional areas. The activity (Lido) deck features aqua park with a water slide, high-rope garden, mini-golf course. The pool deck is covered with retractable glass roof. The Beach Club (adults only complex) is beneath the glass roof and features a swimming pool, waterslides, rock climbing wall, sports deck area. This deck also has a giant LED wall for movies and other outdoor video entertainment.
- The ship has dedicated club lounges for teens and kids, including for toddlers.
- The ship's panoramic glass elevators also connect the outdoor areas.
- There is a glass-bottomed skywalk, huge wellness complex (Organic Spa and Fitness), Plaza (with numerous bars and shops), Atrium Lobby Lounge (meeting place with stage for street performers), large-capacity Theater (main show lounge).
Another ship order agreement (with the German shipbuilder Meyer Werft) was signed in July 2015 and included construction of 4 new cruise ships. The contract was finalized in April 2016. Of these 4 vessels, 2 are for Costa Cruises (Costa Smeralda from the new Helios-class vessels) and the other 2 for AIDA Cruises (Carnival's German brand).
Managed by Costa Group, the Costa and AIDA combinjed fleet is Europe's largest. In 2014, one out of every two cruise ship tourists in Europe sailed on either AIDA or Costa ship. In 2015, Costa Group had 20 offices in 14 countries, around 27,000 shipyard employees and total passenger capacity of over 68,000 berths (across the combined fleet). Costa Group also is the leader on China's rapidly growing cruise market in Asia.
Besides the ship's staff and crew, Costa cruise passengers are also served by Peper robots - latest cyborg technology implemented fleetwide in 2016. These humanoid robots greet and guide passengers upon embarkation. They also assist them throughout the cruise by providing information and tips on onboard dining, entertainment, enrichment program (workshops, pre-scheduled events), casino and shopping promotions, shore excursions and tours. Pepper robots are mobile and communicate in 3 languages (English, German, Italian). They can also interpret human emotions by analyzing voice tones and face expressions.
Cruise itinerary program
The inaugural voyage of Costa Venezia was scheduled for March 8, 2019. This eastbound repositioning cruise from Europe to China (53-day "world voyage" March 8-April 29 from Trieste to Yokohama via Suez Canal) included popular ports of call in Italy, Croatia, Greece, Israel, (Suez Canal transit), Jordan, Oman, UAE (Dubai, Abu Dhabi), India, Sri Lanka, Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam, China (Hong Kong), Taiwan and Japan.
The inaugural cruise was offered for booking in 3 different segments - 20-day (Trieste-Dubai), 18-day (Dubai-Singapore) and 17-day (Singapore-Yokohama. The ship will be homeported in China (Shanghai) for year-round passenger shipping operations exclusively in Asia.
Inaugural cruise tickets were also available for booking by European customers.
Costa Venezia wiki
- The vessel's a keel-layng / coin ceremony was held on November 1, 2017, at the Fincantieri shipyard in Monfalcone (near Trieste, Italy).
- The ship was launched on June 22, 2018 (floated out) at Monfalcone shipyard.
Inaugural cruise itinerary 2019
The inaugural cruise of Costa Venezia (the repositioning cruise from Europe to Asia) was the only itinerary officially anounced by Costa Cruises and available for booking on March 2, 2018. Tickets for the maiden voyage were available for booking by both European and Asian customers.
Next table shows the itinerary's ports of call and port times. Prices started from USD 5000 pp (inside cabin rates based on double occupancy).
|08 Mar||Departing from Trieste, Italy|
|10 Mar 07:00 - 19:00||Dubrovnik, Croatia|
|11 Mar 08:00 - 18:00||Bari, Italy|
|13 Mar 08:00 - 16:00||Heraklion, Crete, Greece|
|14 Mar 22:00 - 15:00||Suez Canal (transition)|
|16 Mar 09:00 - 22:00||Aqaba, Jordan|
|17 Mar 01:00 - 19:00||Eilat, Israel|
|22 Mar 07:00 - 18:00||Salalah, Oman|
|24 Mar 08:00 - 18:00||Muscat, Oman|
|26 Mar 08:00 - 20:00||Abu Dhabi, UAE|
|27 Mar 08:00 - 22:00||Dubai, Port Rashid, UAE|
|29 Mar 08:00 - 12:00||Abu Dhabi, UAE|
|31 Mar 07:00 - 15:00||Khor Fakkan, Sharjah, UAE|
|03 Apr 10:00 - 22:00||Mormugao, Goa, India|
|05 Apr 08:00 - 12:00||Cochin, India|
|07 Apr 10:00 - 22:00||Colombo, Sri Lanka|
|11 Apr 08:00 - 17:00||Pulau Langkawi Island, Malaysia|
|12 Apr 08:00 - 17:00||Klang, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia|
|13 Apr 08:00 - 23:00||Singapore|
|16 Apr 06:00 - 17:00||Laem Chabang, Bangkok, Thailand|
|19 Apr 08:00 - 21:00||Phu My, Ho Chi Minh City / Saigon, Vietnam|
|21 Apr 08:00 - 20:00||Da Nang, Vietnam|
|23 Apr 07:00 - 14:00||Shenzhen, Shekou, China|
|23 Apr 20:00 - 18:00||Hong Kong, China|
|26 Apr 07:00 - 15:00||Keelung, Taipei, Taiwan|
|29 Apr||Arriving in Yokohama, Tokyo, Japan|
This eastbound repositioning cruise was offered for booking in 5 different itinerary segments:
- 19-day (Trieste-Dubai) - prices from USD 2000 pp
- 17-day (Dubai-Singapore) - prices from USD 1700 pp
- 16-day (Singapore-Yokohama) - prices from USD 1600 pp
- 33-day (Dubay-Yokohama) - prices from USD 3600 pp
- 36-day (Trieste-Singapore) - prices from USD 4000 pp
Godspeed to the new ship!
Costa Venezia ship related cruise news
- Cruise Industry
Italian shipbuilder Fincantieri and Costa Cruises celebrated the official float-out of Costa Venezia on Friday, June 22. Costa Venezia is line...June 23, 2018
- Cruise Industry
Costa Cruises opened bookings for the inaugural cruise of Costa Venezia from Trieste to Yokohama. The 53-day voyage departs on March 8, 2019. The 5...March 28, 2018
- Cruise Industry
Costa Cruises started selling tickets for the inaugural voyage of Costa Venezia, the new ship of the Italian company currently being built at...March 4, 2018
- Cruise Industry
Costa Cruises today (November 1) carried out a coin ceremony for its newest liner Costa Venezia at Fincantieri shipyard, Monfalcone. Due to enter...November 1, 2017
- show more news
Other Costa Cruises cruise ships
Costa Venezia Itineraries 2019
The below listed Costa Venezia cruise prices on 2019 itineraries are only indicative and Per Person (in US dollars, based on double occupancy). These are the cheapest Costa Cruises fares on the ship’s lowest category cabins available for booking. Cruise fares typically change with departure dates approaching, last minute deals, discounts, promotions, independent travel agency offers.
03 March 20195 nights / 6 days, round-trip Italy, Greece, Croatia
|03 Mar||Departing from Trieste, Italy|
|04 Mar 10:00 - 18:00||Bari, Italy|
|05 Mar 08:00 - 18:00||Corfu Island, Kerkyra, Greece|
|06 Mar 08:00 - 17:00||Dubrovnik, Croatia|
|07 Mar 10:00 - 18:00||Zadar, Croatia|
|08 Mar||Arriving in Trieste, Italy|