Costa Venezia Review and Specifications
Specifications of Costa Venezia
|Year built||2019 new ship|
|Builder||Fincantieri (Monfalcone, Italy)|
|Building cost||USD 780 million|
|Owner||Carnival Corporation & PLC|
|Gross Tonnage||135500 gt|
|Passengers||4200 - 5260|
Review of Costa Venezia
Costa Venezia (due to enter service in 2019) is the first Costa Cruises ship constructed and designed specifically for Chinese travelers. The vessel's a keel-layng / coin ceremony was held on November 1, 2017, at the Fincantieri shipyard in Monfalcone (near Trieste, Italy).
- Two new Costa liners were scheduled for delivery in 2019 (Venezia) and 2020 (still unnamed sister-ship). Both will be constructed by the Italian shipbuilder Fincantieri.
- Each vessel has gross tonnage 135,500 tons, 2116 cabins and passenger capacity 4200 (max / double-occupancy - 5260 pax).
- Ship's design features more efficient use of both indoor and open-deck spaces, with several multi-functional areas. The activity (Lido) deck features aqua park with a water slide, high-rope garden, mini-golf course. The pool deck is covered with retractable glass roof. The Beach Club (adults only complex) is beneath the glass roof and features a swimming pool, waterslides, rock climbing wall, sports deck area. This deck also has a giant LED wall for movies and other outdoor video entertainment.
- The ship has dedicated club lounges for teens and kids, including for toddlers.
- The ship's panoramic glass elevators also connect the outdoor areas.
- There is a glass-bottomed skywalk, huge wellness complex (Organic Spa and Fitness), Plaza (with numerous bars and shops), Atrium Lobby Lounge (meeting place with stage for street performers), large-capacity Theater (main show lounge).
Another ship order agreement (with the German shipbuilder Meyer Werft) was signed in July 2015 and included construction of 4 new cruise ships. The contract was finalized in April 2016. Of these 4 vessels, 2 are for Costa Cruises (Costa Smeralda from the new Helios-class vessels) and the other 2 for AIDA Cruises (Carnival's German brand).
Managed by Costa Group, the Costa and AIDA combinjed fleet is Europe's largest. In 2014, one out of every two cruise ship tourists in Europe sailed on either AIDA or Costa ship. In 2015, Costa Group had 20 offices in 14 countries, around 27,000 shipyard employees and total passenger capacity of over 68,000 berths (across the combined fleet). Costa Group also is the leader on China's rapidly growing cruise market in Asia.
The inaugural voyage of Costa Venezia is scheduled for early March 2019. This eastbound repositioning cruise from Europe to China (Trieste to Shanghai / via Suez Canal) will visit popular ports of call in Greece, Israel, UAE, Malaysia, Vietnam, Japan. The ship will then be homeported in China (Shanghai) for year-round operations exclusively in Asia.
Inaugural cruise tickets will be also available for booking by European customers.
Costa Venezia ship related cruise news
Costa Cruises today (November 1) carried out a coin ceremony for its newest liner Costa Venezia at Fincantieri shipyard, Monfalcone. Due to enter...November 1, 2017
- show more news