Scenic Pearl Review and Specifications
Specifications of Scenic Pearl
|Builder||Den Breejen Shipyards (Holland)|
|Length (LOA)||135 m / 443 ft|
|Beam (width)||11 m / 36 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||2720 gt|
|Passengers||85 - 167|
|Decks with cabins||3|
Review of Scenic Pearl
The Scenic Pearl boat cruises on Moselle, Danube, Main and Rhine rivers in Europe. The ship's itineraries visit Netherlands, Switzerland, Hungary, Germany, Austria, Slovakia, Czech Republic. Departures are from Amsterdam, Munich, Passau, Basel, Zurich, Budapest and Prague. Itineraries from Paris (France) include a flight to Amsterdam Holland.
Scenic Pearl was launched in 2011 as one of Scenic Cruises (Scenic Tours in Australia and the U.K.) "Space Ship" class vessels. These are called so because they offer plentiful in-cabin and public space. Scenic Pearl standout features include "Sun Lounge" balconies, simultaneously making the staterooms feel large and make the balcony usable in inclement weather.
A signature feature of all Scenic Cruises "space ships" are the cabin balconies called “Sun Lounges”. These are outdoor terraces which easily convert into indoor lounge areas. All meals, drinks (except the French Champagne and highest-end liquors), excursions, butler service and Internet are included in the fare. The additional amenities include television-Mac computers in every cabin, glassed-in showers, L'Occitane products and fluffy bathrobes.
The included Scenic Pearl cruise shore excursions go beyond the ordinary river cruising. Scenic's GPS devices allow independent exploration. Binoculars and bicycles are provided at port to explore the surrounding area. Onboard passengers can purchase souvenirs in the gift shop. The ship also has a library, life-size chessboard on its Sun Deck, wellness facilities (beauty salon, Spa, fitness room). On all (price-inclusive) Scenic cruise tours and excursions ashore, guests receive GPS tracking devices (called ScenicTailorMade) with uploaded digital maps. They also double as listening devices for the live narration by the line's local expert tour guides provided on all group travel excursions. Binoculars and bicycles are also provided complimentary to fully enjoy the scenery everywhere along the Scenic river cruise itinerary route.
Scenic Pearl cruise prices are per person and based on double occupancy. These are only indicative Scenic cruise rates. They might be different when you book your Scenic Tours river cruisetour deals, influenced by travel agency promotions, special offers and discounts, group travel booking or last-minute deals rates.
Scenic Pearl wiki
- Accident reports and news CruiseMinus.com
- Cabin grades number: 14
- Total number of cabins: 85 (of which 70 balcony suites).
- Restaurants: Crystal Restaurant, Portobellos (Italian), Riverview Terrace (al fresco), Table la Rive (Pearl Deck, for Suite passengers only)
- Lounges & Bars: Panorama Lounge, River Cafe
- Wellness Centre (Gym and Spa), shop, elevator (connecting all cabin decks).
- Scenic Pearl cruise deals are inclusive of Internet (Wi-Fi), all tours/excursions, ground transfers, hotel stays, gratuities, port taxes, all beverages consumed on the ship (coffee, tea, bottled water, soft drinks). River cruise fares are also inclusive of alcohol - wine and beer at lunch/dinner, but also of cocktails and liquor offered at the boat's bars.
- In the Scenic fleet, the river ship Pearl has other “Space-Ships” sisters with the same design - Diamond, Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald.
- Be sure to join the Scenic Cruises loyalty program named "Scenic Club". The Scenic Club membership is free and offers numerous benefits, including exclusive deals, booking discount vouchers, members-only river cruise and tour itineraries, complimentary hotel packages and limousine services, unlimited laundry, Scenic-logoed merchandise, gift cards, special (exclusive) onboard events and competitions.
- Note: Depending on departure dates, itineraries and special offers/promotions, sometimes, Scenic river cruise prices may include the airfare.
Cabins Types/Categories (number, location), high to low
- Suites - RA, R (x4, deck3), RJ, BJ (x6, deck2&3), A, B, BA, C, P, PA (x58, deck2&3), BS (x1, deck2)
- Window Staterooms - D, E (x15, deck1).
- More than 80% of the accommodations feature full-size balconies. Every room has a “Scenic Slumber Bed” that is queen-size, with fine linens and a menu of pillows. Junior and Royal Suites offer butler service.
Note: You can see the CruiseMapper's list of all river cruise ships and riverboats in the "itinerary" section of our River Cruises hub. All companies and their fleets are listed there.
Other Scenic Cruises cruise ships
Scenic Pearl Itineraries 2017
The below listed Scenic Pearl cruise prices on 2017 itineraries are only indicative and Per Person (in US dollars, based on double occupancy). These are the cheapest Scenic Cruises fares on the ship’s lowest category cabins available for booking. Cruise fares typically change with departure dates approaching, last minute deals, discounts, promotions, independent travel agency offers.
|02 May||Departing from Amsterdam, Holland|
|03 May||Amsterdam, Holland|
|04 May||Antwerp, Belgium|
|05 May||Veere, Holland|
|06 May||Rotterdam, Holland|
|06 May - 07 May||Kinderdijk, Holland (Overnight)|
|07 May||Volendam, Holland|
|07 May||Hoorn, Holland|
|08 May||Keukenhof Gardens, Holland|
|09 May||Arriving in Amsterdam, Holland|
|23 May||Departing from Amsterdam, Holland|
|24 May||Amsterdam, Holland|
|25 May||Antwerp, Belgium|
|26 May||Veere, Holland|
|27 May||Rotterdam, Holland|
|27 May - 28 May||Kinderdijk, Holland (Overnight)|
|28 May||Volendam, Holland|
|28 May||Hoorn, Holland|
|29 May||Keukenhof Gardens, Holland|
|30 May||Arriving in Amsterdam, Holland|