Avalon Affinity Review and Specifications
Specifications of Avalon Affinity
|Year built||2009 / Age : 9|
|Builder||Den Breejen Shipyard (Hardinxveld-Giessendam, Holland)|
|Owner||MS Main GmbH & Co KG Hamburg|
|Speed||12 kn / 22 kph / 14 mph|
|Length (LOA)||110 m / 361 ft|
|Beam (width)||12 m / 39 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||3350 gt|
|Passengers||65 - 138|
|Decks with cabins||3|
|Sister-ships||Avalon Felicity, Avalon Luminary|
|Christened by||Suzanne Hall|
Review of Avalon Affinity
MS Avalon Affinity boat cruises on Moselle, Rhine and Danube Rivers along the inland waterways of Holland, France, Belgium and Germany. The ship is departing from Amsterdam, Zurich, Vienna and Budapest.
Avalon Affinity cruise ship was launched in 2009 and accommodates up to 138 passengers for their intimate river cruise experience, reflecting the uniqueness of European rivers. After an exciting day of exploring Europe's most beautiful cities, guests can relax in the two lounges, rest in a deck chair on the Sky Deck, or soak in the Avalon whirlpool.
Avalon Affinity boasts with well-appointed and spacious deluxe suites and staterooms, most of them featuring a large sliding-glass door, floor-to-ceiling, with a French Balcony. Avalon Affinity has a total number of 65 cabins (of which 28 Avalon Suite, 30 French Balcony, 11 with non-opening windows) in 9 grades.
Cabins Types, Sizes, Categories (high to low)
- amenities in all types of staterooms - 2 twin beds converting to queen-sized, 3-door closets with shelves, private bathroom (glass-door shower, hairdryer, bathrobes, slippers), sofa, coffee table, flat TV, vanity/writing desk, private French balcony (floor-to-ceiling sliding door), individual climate control, phone, mini bar, safe, deluxe pillow menu, complimentary bottled water. Cabin occupancy - 2 guests in room.
- Suites - (x4, JR), size 258 ft2 / 24 m2)
- Deluxe Staterooms (category, number) - P (x24), A (x18), B (x12), E (11) - size 172 ft2 / 16 m2).
MS Avalon Affinity is a contemporary river boat featuring popular amenities: free Wi-Fi access throughout and complimentary Internet Corner, hair salon, fitness center and elevator.
Avalon Affinity restaurants include: Affinity (dining room), Sky Lounge (al-fresco). Avalon Affinity also has Lounge & Bar (observation, with an outside viewing deck), Club Lounge, Library/Internet Corner, Affinity Atrium Lobby, Hair Salon, Fitness, Sun Deck (Sky Lounge Bar, Whirlpool, shaded seating, games area).
Avalon Affinity cruise deals are inclusive of Wi-Fi Internet, room-service, all land tours and excursions (by certified local tour guides), motorcoach transfers, live evening entertainment (local performers), daily enrichment lectures, Affinity cruise ship tour ("behind-the-scenes"), food and wine tastings, 24-hour premium coffee/tea/hot chocolate, replenished daily bottled water.
Avalon Affinity river cruise prices are per person and based on double occupancy. These are only indicative Avalon river cruise rates. They might be different when you book your Avalon Waterways cruisetour deals, influenced by travel agency promotions, special offers and discounts, group travel booking or last-minute deals rates. On Avalon Affinity cruises, Avalon Waterways offers USA flights-inclusive deals with discount airfare and complimentary airport transfers.
RIver Cruise Itineraries
Follows the list of Avalon Affinity itineraries as themes officially announced by the Avalon Waterways line:
- (3-nights cruising) "A Taste of the Danube" 8-days river cruises from Vienna to Budapest (Eastbound, code WVB), and the reverse from Budapest to Vienna (Westbound, code WBV).
- (7-nights cruising) "Capitals of Central Europe" 10-days Danube river cruises from Prague to Budapest (Eastbound, code WPB), and the reverse from Budapest to Prague (Westbound, code WBP).Both itineraries include bus transfer Prague-Passau (embarkation/disembarkation). "Cruising-Only" deals are from Passau to Budapest (code WPBO, non-inclusive of Prague hotel package).
- (7-nights cruising) "Romantic Rhine" 8-days river cruises from Zurich to Amsterdam (Northbound, code WZA), and the reverse from Amsterdam to Zurich (Southbound, code WAZ). "Cruising-Only" deals are from Amsterdam to Basel (code WAZ).
- (5-nights cruising) "Austrian Highlights and Bavaria" are 9-days river cruises from Munich to Vienna (Eastbound, code WPV), and the reverse from Vienna to Munich/Passau (Westbound, code WVP). Departures from Vienna include disembarkation in Passau, then bus travel to Munich (luxury hotel package included /2-night stay). "Cruising-Only" deals are from Vienna to Passau (code WVPO) and from Passau to Vienna (code WPVO).
- (12-nights cruising) "The Rhine and Moselle" are 13-days river cruises from Zurich to Amsterdam (Northbound, code WZRA), and the reverse from Amsterdam to Basel (Southbound, code WARZ).
- (7-nights cruising) "Tulip Time Cruise" are Springtime themed 8-days Belgium and Holland river cruises from Amsterdam (round-trip, code WAA).
Avalon Affinity wiki
- The Avalon Affinity boat is in the same vessel class with the Avalon ships Felicity and Luminary, and also with Creativity and Scenery (now Leonora). This river cruise ship design features the "French Balcony" staterooms concept. Suite accommodations offer a French Balcony view in the seating area, in addition to a large floor-to-ceiling window. Each of these ships is equipped with two Caterpillar Marine diesel engines (type "C32 ACERT", total power output 1420 kW / 1930 HP). The ship's propulsion is diesel-electric, with an azimuth thruster and an SDS ("Silent Drive System" separating the ship's engines from passenger staterooms).
- The Avalon cruise ship Affinity was launched in 2009 on May 9th. It was christened in Volendam (Holland) by mrs Suzanne Hall - Sr Director of "Ensemble Travel Group" (a members-owned organization of independent vacation travel agencies operating in North America /USA and Canada).
Note: You can see the CruiseMapper's list of all river cruise ships and riverboats in the "itinerary" section of our River Cruises hub. All companies and their fleets are listed there.