Baie de Seine ferry Review and Specifications
Specifications of Baie de Seine ferry
|Year built||2001 / Age : 18|
|Builder||New Szczecin Shipyard (Szczecin, Poland)|
|Class||cruiseferry (Ro-Pax ship)|
|Ferry route / homeports||Portsmouth-Le Havre-(Bilbao)-(Santander)|
|Speed||23 kn / 43 kph / 26 mph|
|Length (LOA)||199 m / 653 ft|
|Beam (width)||25 m / 82 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||22382 gt|
|Decks with cabins||5|
|Former names||Sirena Seaways, Dana Sirena, Golfo Dei Delfini|
Current position of Baie de Seine ferry
Review of Baie de Seine ferry
MS Baie de Seine ferry is a Ro-Ro passenger vessel operated by the French company BRITTANY FERRIES. The ship has a max capacity of 610 passengers, 160 cars and 84 trucks. The vessel was launched in 2001 and currently operates on the UK-France/Spain ferry routes Portsmouth-(Roscoff)-Bilbao-Portsmouth (crossing time 24-36 hours), Portsmouth-Santander-Portsmouth (crossing time 24 hours) and Portsmouth-Le Havre (Paris)-Portsmouth (crossing time 8 overnights, 5,5 days).
As cruise ferry, Baie de Seine has a total of 186 cabins, all of which are air-conditioned and with en-suite bathrooms. The ferry company provides bed linens, towels, and toiletries. Some staterooms are wheelchair-accessible (adapted for disabled passengers).
The ship's staterooms as categories (numbers) are 4-berth Outside (45), 3-berth Outside (15), 2-berth Outside (40), 2-berth Outside "Economie Plus" (18), 2-berth Outside "Pet-Friendly" (14), 4-berth Inside (49), 2-berth Inside (3), wheelchair-accessible (2). Also available are 5 cots.
All passengers must vacate their staterooms 30 min prior to homeport arrival.
Shipboard dining and entertainment options
As facilities, the Baie de Seine ship offers:
- Le Formule (self-service/buffet restaurant on deck 8, hot and cold meals)
- Le Cafe (patisserie on deck 7 - sandwiches, cakes, pastries, hot/cold drinks, flat TVs)
- Le Petit Marche (on deck 7 - light bites, sandwiches, soups, salads, snacks, cakes, healthy food)
- kids playroom (on deck 7, children entertainment program is available during peak season)
- Games Planet (teen lounge on deck 8 - video games, air hockey table)
- Baby changing room (decks 8), complimentary Baggage Room (deck 6)
- Chance Planet (deck 8, casino/gambling lounge with slot machines)
- Reading Lounge (deck 10)
- Le Bar (deck 8 - fine French wines, cocktails, cold/hot drinks, flat TVs)
- plenty of outdoor deck space
- La Boutique (shop on deck 7 - gifts, souvenirs, spirits, wines, tobaccos, perfumes, cosmetics, leather goods, toys, confectionery, clothing, cameras, sunglasses, jewelry), shopping promotions
- free Wi-Fi, ATM / cash machine (deck 8, next to Information Desk / Reception)
- disabled toilet (deck 8)
- There is a Pet Exercise Area located forward-portside on deck 9. Passengers booked in pet-friendly cabins (deck 6) with vehicles parked on car deck 4 have to use the stairs to deck 6 then the lift to deck 6.
- The ship has 1 elevator (passenger lift) accessing all decks between deck 6 and deck 10.
- Sun Deck is an outdoor area that doubles as Helideck (helipad) - helicopter landing platform used in cases of emergency.
All onboard emergency instructions are displayed in staterooms, on the TV screens and at the ship's assembly stations (aka muster stations). Life jackets are issued at the assembly stations. In case of emergency, the use of elevators/passenger lifts is forbidden.
BRITTANY FERRIES cruise deals
The company offers regularly scheduled ferry services between England and France (travel time on cruise ferries 3-4 hours) and between France and Spain (travel time 20-36 hours). The high-speed UK-France service allows the ships to successfully target the UK's "mini cruise" and holiday travel markets.
As on cruise vessels, all BRITTANY FERRIES ships offer passenger cabins with modern amenities, individually controlled air-conditioning and en-suite facilities. Cruise accommodations range from 2-bed "Inside Cabin" to "Commodore Suite" (with in-cabin dining / Afternoon Tea and Breakfast service). Some suites are with private balconies.
Onboard food is predominantly French cuisine and prepared by French chefs. All ships have a la carte priced restaurants, self-service cafeteria, selection of bars, live entertainment (singers, magicians, pantomimes for kids), at least one cinema, casino, arcade room, Bureau de Change, baby changing rooms, disabled toilets, Sun Deck areas, free of charge Wi-Fi.
Cruise ferries on France-Spain routes have swimming pools (open during summer months only), as well as kids, play areas with supervised activities (during holidays only). Spa treatment rooms on Spain-France cruise ferries offer facials (from ProCare), massages (by certified masseuses), modern massage chairs, pedicure and manicure services (OPI nail varnishes), treatments using skincare products by the French brand "Filorga Professional".
Ships' boutique shops sell at discount prices tobacco and alcohol (budget and premium wines and spirits), as well as luxury brand perfumes and cosmetics, designer jewelry, watches, sunglasses, souvenirs, toys.
Fun fact is that BRITTANY FERRIES serve annually around 22 tons of langoustines (Norway lobster), 15 tons of smoked salmon, 260 tons of meat, 240,000 English breakfasts, 333,000 liters of beer. By onboard sold perfumes, the company is ranked France's 3rd largest perfume retailer.
- Ferry fares are based on departure dates, routes and time (season).
- GBP 35 deposit is required to secure bookings during the peak summer season.
- Summer prices are usually higher. Same goes for the weekends and overnight crossings.
- Departures in the mornings, afternoons and overnights are offered throughout the whole year.
- Overnight France-Spain crossings are 7 in a week.
- Mix and match route deals are also available.
Follows the list of all BRITTANY FERRIES routes with crossing times and frequencies.
- Portsmouth-Caen (6 hours) - 3 daily
- Portsmouth-St Malo (11 hours / overnight) - daily
- Portsmouth-Cherbourg (3 hours) - 10 return (in the period late April - early September)
- Portsmouth-Santander Spain (24 hours / overnight) - 3 crossings weekly
- Portsmouth-Bilbao Spain (24-36 hours) - 2 crossings weekly
- Portsmouth-Le Havre (5 hours 30 min) - daily return crossings
- Poole-Cherbourg (4 hours 15 min) - daily return
- Plymouth-Roscoff (6 hours) 2 return
- Plymouth-Santander Spain (20 hours) - direct weekly crossings
- Cork Ireland-Roscoff (14 hours) - weekly, return crossings in the period April-November)
- Cork-Santander (26,5 hours) - 2 weekly return crossings
Follows a list of car decks related safety procedures:
- Disabled passengers or those requiring specific assistance should visit the ship's Information Desk (deck 8, open 24-hours).
- Apply handbrake and place the vehicle in park or 1st gear position. Switch off the ignition, alarm, electrical equipment, headlights. Gas cylinders, if any, must be switched off. Lock the vehicle.
- From your vehicle take only valuables and essential hand baggage.
- Make a note of your vehicle's location and garage deck number/stairway before leaving the car deck.
- Access to the ship's vehicle (cargo) decks during the voyage is prohibited.
- Smoking on vehicle decks, as well as in cabins and passenger lounges is forbidden.
- Wait for the onboard announcement before returning to your vehicle.
- In order to avoid air pollution, don't start the engine until instructed.
The ship operator Brittany Ferries (founded in 1972, headquartered in Roscoff France) is a French ferry company operating on the shipping routes France-UK and France-Spain. Brittany Ferries current fleet includes the ships Armorique, Baie de Seine, Barfleur, Bretagne, Cap Finistere, Connemara, Etretat, Honfleur, Mont St Michel, Normandie, Pont Aven, Galicia, Salamanca.
Baie de Seine ferry - user reviews and comments
Photos of Baie de Seine ferryAdd Photo
Other BRITTANY FERRIES cruise ships
Baie de Seine ferry Wiki
The ship is powered by two WARTSILA marine diesel engines (model 9L46C, total power output 18,9 MW) and as propulsion has two controllable pitch propellers.
The vessel is owned by the Danish ferry company DFDS SEAWAYS and time-chartered to BRITTANY FERRIES.
Baie de Seine ferry User Reviews
There are no user reviews for this ship. Be first, share your experience!Write a Review