Norwegian Bliss Review and Specifications
Specifications of Norwegian Bliss
|Builder||MEYER WERFT PAPENBURG GERMANY|
|Speed||22.5 kn / 42 kph / 26 mph|
|Length (LOA)||324.6 m / 1065 ft|
|Beam (width)||41.4 m / 136 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||164600 gt|
|Passengers||4200 - 5200|
|Decks with cabins||12|
Review of Norwegian Bliss
Launched in 2018, Norwegian Bliss is the third Breakaway Plus-class NCL ship – together with Norwegian Escape (2015) and Norwegian Joy (2017). This class of ships are approximately 7,000 GT larger in comparison to the previously biggest vessel of the line, Norwegian Epic.
History - construction & ownership
Norwegian Cruise Line Corporation Ltd. (Norwegian) is a wholly owned subsidiary of NCL (Norwegian Cruise Line) Holdings Ltd. This American cruise company is headquartered in unincorporated Miami-Dade County, Florida. In 1966 Norwegian began operations under the name "Norwegian Caribbean Line". The NCL company is best known for the Freestyle Cruising concept, meaning that there are no set times and seating arrangements for meals, formal attire is not required. Norwegian is a publicly traded company with 44% publicly listed on NASDAQ, with major shareholders (as of 30 June 2014): Genting Group (28%), Apollo Global Management (20%), and TPG Capital (7.9%). NCL controls nearly 8% of the total worldwide share of cruise market.
The 164,600-ton, 4,200-passenger cruise ship Norwegian Bliss boasts the innovative features found on Norwegian Getaway and Norwegian Breakaway, as well as a number of new interactive experiences. The new miracle by NCL features an expanded Haven – the line’s concept “ship within a ship”. This space (accessible only by keycard) boast an outdoor terrace, private restaurant, courtyard area with retractable roof pool, whirlpools, spa treatment rooms, separate sauna, private sundeck. Other differences from the Escape-class NCL vessels are: more Haven Suites (42 to 55), 26 additional Penthouses, 14 Spa access suites, more Studio cabins (59 to 82). The home port of the ship is Port of Miami.
Cruise itinerary program
Norwegian Bliss itinerary program is based on weekly 7-day Alaska voyages departing Seattle on Saturdays. Passengers will experience the wildlife and beauty of Alaska while visiting Juneau, Skagway, Ketchikan, and enjoy the charm of Victoria BC.
Most Norwegian Bliss staterooms are 170-sq.foot Balcony rooms (1168). There are a total of 2206 staterooms in 42 categories. 47 are the wheelchair accessible rooms. The largest aboard Norwegian Bliss are the Haven Deluxe Owner’s Suites (900 ft2).
Dining options - Food & Drinks
Norwegian Cruise Line introduced Norwegian Bliss' à la carte specialty dining at the signature specialty restaurants onboard, providing passengers the freedom to savor gourmet dishes, various tastes and the flexibility to choose the number of courses to enjoy during the meal. On Norwegian Bliss guests can choose between 11 complimentary dining options. They can also experience new flavors at signature specialty restaurants, such as Le Bistro, La Cucina, Cagney’s Steakhouse and Bayamo by James Beard Award winning chef Jose Garces. Norwegian’s signature specialty restaurants feature enhanced menus including favorite dishes and new tastes. Whether passengers prefer a light meal of a favorite soup or appetizer, or indulge in a dinner featuring Maine lobster, with the new à la carte options, they have the opportunity to create their own, desired dining experience.
Follows the complete list of Norwegian Bliss restaurants and food bars.
- Private Room at Taste (100-seat, group private dining venue)
- Savor Restaurant (forward Dining Room, complimentary)
- Taste Restaurant (forward Dining Room, complimentary, with Your Time dining)
- Le Bistro (French specialty dinner-only restaurant; reservations-only; US$20 cover charge)
- Teppanyaki (Japanese Hibachi specialty, reservations-only restaurant; US$25; open for Lunch and Dinner; features live cooking demonstrations)
- Manhattan Room (aft-location Dining Room; complimentary; Freestyle dining, Dinner only)
- O’Sheehan’s Neighbourhood Bar & Grill (sports bar, with 24-hour American cuisine - burgers, steaks, desserts; complimentary)
- Shanghai’s Noodle Bar (Asian cuisine complimentary restaurant inside O’Sheehan’s Pub area)
- Food Republic (via partnership with Pubbelly Restaurant Group; specialty restaurant open for lunch through dinner, offers international cuisine; iPad ordering system)
- Pincho Tapas Bar (Latin dishes)
- Cagney’s Steakhouse (specialty dinner restaurant for prime steaks and gourmet seafood specialties; reservations-only, US$30 cover charge per person and free Kids Menu)
- Moderno Churrascaria (Brazilian steakhouse; reservations-only; US$20 per person cover charge; with outdoor seating waterfront area)
- La Cucina (Italian specialty restaurant; reservations-only, US$15 cover charge; with outdoor seating waterfront area)
- Bayamo Restaurant (Cuban/Latin seafood restaurant)
- Jimmy Buffet’s Margaritaville At Sea (debuted in Southampton on October 27, 2015 as a complimentary fast food restaurant; however, in November 2015 NCL confirmed that the first ever Margaritaville at Sea aboard Norwegian Bliss, will operate as a speciality a la carte restaurant, due to "crowd-control reasons")
- Garden Cafe (complimentary buffet restaurant with various cuisine stations).
Entertainment options - Fun & Sport
The Bliss vessel features expanded 55-suite Haven, a spacious sundeck, 2 whirlpools, private dining and specialty restaurants, expanded courtyard, outdoor terrace, Thermal suite, treatment rooms (14 – suite Heaven SPA) and fitness center.
Follows the complete list of Norwegian Bliss lounges, clubs and other entertainment venues for kids, teens and adults.
- Bliss Theatre (800-seat; features Broadway-style musical productions; two grand-shows per night)
- The Supper Club (theatrical entertainment dining venue, with grand-style aerial acrobatics; surcharge $30-40 PP)
- Atrium (3-deck midship hub area - “678 Ocean Place”, with a big-size LED screen, dance area and live entertainment)
- Atrium Cafe & Bar (specialty tea & coffee bar)
- The Library; Card Room; Internet Cafe (24-hour)
- Headliners Comedy Club & Lounge
- Mixx Bar (live piano music; pre-dinner cocktails); Bar 21; 5 O’Clock Somewhere Bar; Tobacco Road Liquor Bar; The Humidor (cigar lounge); The Cellars Wine Bar; Sugarcane Mojito Bar; Prime Meridian Bar; Studio Lounge
- Carlo’s Bake Shop (cakes, pastries, bakeries; cupcake classes)
- Art Gallery
- Bliss Casino (served by Skyline Bar)
- Bliss Ultra Lounge & Nightclub
- The District Brew House (craft beer hall featuring a keg room, 24 draft beers on tap and 50 different bottled beers; via partnership with Wynwood Brewing Company, Miami)
- Dolce Gelato (Italian ice cream)
- Atrium Boutiques (tax-duty free shops); Photo Gallery & Shop
- Waterfront Promenade (1320 ft/402 m long; open air dining and entertainment venues)
- Aqua Park (3-deck, with two pools, 2 racing twist-slides and 5 multi-level waterslides)
- Kids venues, club lounges (Kid’s Aqua Park, Splash Academy for kids 3-12 yo, Guppies Nursery for kids 6 months to 2 yo)
- Mandara Spa & Fitness (Thermal Suite, Snow Room, Salt Room, Medi Spa, 24 Treatment Rooms, Beauty Salon, Barber Shop, fitness classes)
- Spice H2O (adults only; served by Breezeway Bar & Grill)
- Entourage Teen Centre (jukeboxes, table football, video arcades, teen disco)
- “The Haven” (Suite- and Villa-passengers only complex; consists of The Haven Courtyard, The Haven Restaurant, The Haven Lounge)
- Rock Climbing Wall; Jogging Track; Sports Complex (Spider Web - enclosed 24ft/7m tall kids climbing wall with spiral slide, Bungee Trampoline, 9-hole Mini Golf course, the largest at sea Ropes course, Zip Line, The Plank - 8ft/2,5m extending platform)
- Vibe Beach Club (adults only).
Norwegian Bliss related cruise news
Construction officially started on upcoming Norwegian Bliss. The first piece of steel was cut at Meyer Werft shipyard (Papenburg, Germany). The...November 1, 2016
Norwegian Cruise Line revealed the hull art that will be on its newest cruise ship Norwegian Bliss, built for the Alaska cruise market and ...October 28, 2016
Norwegian Cruise Line tapped renowned marine wildlife artist Wyland, to design the hull artwork for its next new ship, Norwegian Bliss, set for...October 18, 2016
Norwegian Cruise Line will debut a giant new ship able to carry 4,000 guests on Seattle-Alaska cruises starting 2018, the company announced yesterday...October 14, 2016
Norwegian Cruise Line’s ship Norwegian Epic was at Damen Shiprepair Brest from September 27 to October 17, 2015 for a wide...March 21, 2016
Executives at Meyer Werft shipyard (Papenburg, Germany), gathered to celebrate the steel cutting of Norwegian Bliss. This is the moment symbolically...September 16, 2015