Seven Seas Splendor Review and Specifications
Specifications of Seven Seas Splendor
|Year built||2020 new ship|
|Builder||Fincantieri (Trieste, Italy)|
|Building cost||USD 450 million|
|Owner||(NCLH) Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Ltd|
|Operator||(RSSC) Regent Seven Seas Cruises|
|Speed||22 kn / 41 kph / 25 mph|
|Length (LOA)||224 m / 735 ft|
|Beam (width)||31 m / 102 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||56000 gt|
|Passengers||754 - 829|
|Decks with cabins||7|
|Sister-ships||Seven Seas Explorer|
Review of Seven Seas Splendor
History - construction & ownership
The Regent cruise company, or officially Regent Seven Seas Cruises (RSSC) is a small top luxury ship cruise line (formerly known as "Radisson Seven Seas"). The Regent line belongs to Apollo Management LP - one of the largest private investment equity firms globally. The RSSC ships are medium-size top luxury passenger ships, with capacity of up to 700 guests each, all 6-star rated all-suite all-balcony vessels. The Regent Seven Seas Line offers the generous space-to-guest ratio of over 70, and staff-to-guest ratio of 1/1,6 - some of the best ratios in the industry. Regent cruise ships offer some of the world's best, all-inclusive luxury cruise deals. These are also between the most expensive cruise vessels in the world.
Cruise itinerary program
Seven Seas Splendor itinerary program is based on Caribbean, North America and Europe (Mediterranean) cruises, with Transatlantic repositioning crossings and Panama Canal transition between Florida and California.
Like all Regent ships, Seven Seas Splendor is an all-suite vessel. The number of suite categories is 16, with a total of 375 cabins, of which all have private balconies. The largest sterooms are the Regent Suites (2915 ft2).
The cost of the Regent Suite on the new Splendor ship signifies the ultimate Regent cruise luxury package experience. For an amazing 3,875 sq-ft suite accommodation (1181 m2, with the balcony), guest can enjoy the superior pampering vacation travel that the Regent Cruises are world wide famous with. This accommodation is not only the largest, but also the most expensive one at sea – yours for just GBP 4,800 per person, per day.
Dining options - Food & Drinks
Follows the complete list of Seven Seas Splendor restaurants and food bars.
- Compass Rose (main dining room restaurant, open-seating breakfast, lunch and dinner; features European Continental dishes and alternative choices - vegetarian, specialties from the Spa menu, select dishes from Regent's Chartreuse menu with gourmet French cuisine)
- Chartreuse (Regent’s new specialty restaurant with French cuisine, also serving specialty cocktails with Chartreuse liqueur; offers one of the most exquisite gourmet experiences at sea)
- Prime 7 (reservations-only dinner restaurant with American Steakhouse menu)
- La Veranda / Sette Mari (casual dining venue; operates as ship’s self-service buffet restaurant; in the evenings, the buffet transforms into “Sette Mari” Italian dinner restaurant, complimentary)
- Culinary Arts Kitchen (cooking school with 18 cooking stations in 3 rows; each is equipped with quartz countertop and stainless steel sink; the cooking school has floor-ceiling windows, and boasts 12 different classes themed as fish and shellfish, food and wine, mini-desserts, healthy cooking, etc. As part of the program, Regent Seven Seas also offers “Gourmet Explorer Tours” ashore).
- Coffee Connection is an fresco seating area.
Entertainment options - Fun & Sport
While the design of Seven Seas Splendor is decidedly more contemporary luxe than that of ship's fleetmates, the line strikes a balance between its much-loved traditional features and a more modern ambiance.
Follows the complete list of Seven Seas Splendor lounges, clubs and other entertainment venues for kids, teens and adults.
- Constellation Theater (2-deck high main show lounge for grand music and show productions; also features “Cirque Rock ‘n Roll” aerial acrobatics spectacle)
- Atrium (2-deck high open-floor area)
- Club.com (Internet computers room); Library
- Connoisseur Club (smoking lounge with comfortable leather armchairs; offers hand-rolled Cuban cigars)
- Card Rooms (hosts bridge tournaments and lectures)
- Explorer Lounge & Bar (disco nightclub; operates as piano bar during the day with resident pianist performances)
- Meridian Lounge (serves as an entertainment lounge with leather furniture, blue carpeting, dark-wood paneling, antique flooring; has its own bar; serves specialty cocktails)
- Coffee Bar
- Horizon Lounge (with a large dance floor; hosts daily trivia shows and offers Afternoon Tea)
- Observation Lounge (grand piano bar with live music performances in the evenings)
- The Boutique (duty-free shopping arcade: luxury jewelry, precious stones, brand perfumes, watches, designer clothes, accessories, gifts, souvenirs, Regent-logo wear)
- Casino (with 2 sections: for the slot machines, and for the gaming tables)
- Lido Pool area (with a large swimming pool, 2 Whirlpools, sunbathing area with loungers, tennis tables, seating area; served by the Pool Bar)
- Canyon Ranch SpaClub & Wellness Center consists of 8 Treatment Rooms, Saunas (incl infrared sauna), Steam Rooms (incl aromatic steam room), Cold Room (temperature 54 F / 12 C), Thermal Suite, Shower Room (varying degrees of water pressure, therapeutic audio effects / waterfalls, thunderstorms), Relaxation Room, infinity pool (resistance swimming pool / aft), also Beauty Salon, Gym and Aerobics Studio. Some of the Spa's features include the cocoon-inspired design, central-location Swarovski crystal sculpture, chrysalis (made of silk wrappings), marble flooring, light-grained wood, exquisite treatments.
- Fitness Center (deck 6) has floor-ceiling windows and modern equipment (cardio and weight machines, free weights), separate studio for classes (cycling, yoga, Pilates).
- The Top Deck (Power Walking/Jogging Track; sports court: mini-golf putting green; Golf Net; Shuffleboard; Paddle Tennis court).
Regent's Seven Seas Splendor is the world's 2nd cruise ship (after Explorer) with a Pickleball Court. The installation was done by Adventure Golf Services (company specializing in custom designed mini golf courses).
- This is a combo court serving 2 sports - Pickleball and Paddle Tennis.
- Pickleball is a racquet sport that combines elements of badminton, court tennis and table tennis. The game is played by 2, 3 or 4 players using solid paddles (made of wood or composites) to hit a perforated polymer ball over a net.
- The company also installed other products - paddle tennis court, shuffleboard, 18-hole putting green course, GolfCourt Hitting Bay (golf driving range), Bocce court. All these products use patented interlocking panels fabricated in Traverse City (Michigan USA).
- Adventure Golf Services is the leading manufacturer and installer for the cruise ship industry, with signature products like miniature golf courses, putting greens, shuffleboard, bocce ball, croquet courts, golf driving cages.
Seven Seas Splendor wiki
- The ship's name "Seven Seas Splendor " was chosen from suggestions from RSSC's loyal customers, travel agents and company employees provided in September 2017. The name was chosen from over 2600 suggestions submitted from over 14,000 people.
- The vessel's construction officially started on March 15, 2018, with the steel-cutting ceremony at Fincantieri's shipyard in Ancona. The special event was attended by Jason Montague (RSSC's President and CEO); Robin Lindsay (NCLH's Executive VP of Vessel Operations) and Giovanni Stecconi (Ancona shipyard's Director).
Inaugural cruise itineraries 2020
Bookings on the new ship's inaugural cruises opened on April 11, 2018.
- The liner's maiden season included voyages in Caribbean, North America and Europe (Mediterranean). Most popular call ports were San Juan Puerto Rico, Cabo San Lucas Mexico, NYC New York, Los Angeles, Barcelona and Cartagena Spain, St Tropez France, Dubrovnik Croatia, Amalfi Coast Italy, Corfu Greece.
- Following the Transatlantic repositioning crossing (February 7), the Splendor ship cruises through Panama Canal (from Miami to LA, departure February 25) visiting along the route Cartagena Colombia and Cabo San Lucas Mexico.
- Next itinerary (March 14) is again a Panama Canal transit from Los Angeles to Miami, then to NYC New York.
- On April 16 starts the 14-night eastbound Transatlantic cruise from NYC to Barcelona.
- The 12-night inaugural Mediterranean cruise is from Barcelona to Venice (overnight).
Seven Seas Splendor ship related cruise news
Regent Seven Seas opened bookings for the inaugural season of its newest ship, launching February 2020. The first voyage onboard Seven Seas...April 15, 2018
Regent Seven Seas Cruises unveiled details for its Seven Seas Splendor, scheduled to debut in 2020. All public spaces and ten suite categories will...March 30, 2018
The steel-cutting ceremony for Seven Seas Splendor took place at Fincantieri shipyard in Ancona on Wednesday, March 15. Splendor is the 2nd ship...March 15, 2018
Regent Seven Seas Cruises announced that its newest cruise ship will be named Seven Seas Splendor. A sibling to Seven Seas Explorer, which debuted...November 16, 2017
- show more news