MS Alexander Pushkin last position
MS Alexander Pushkin last location was at North Russia (coordinates 64.55674 N / 34.92597 E) cruising en route to RGLGVCI. The AIS position was reported 6 months ago.Current Position
Specifications of MS Alexander Pushkin
|Year built||1974 / Age: 47|
|Builder||Osterreichische Schiffswerften AG (Korneuburg, Austria)|
|Class||USSR Russian cruise ship (Project Q-040)|
|Ferry route / homeports||Moscow-Kazan-Nizhny Novgorod|
|Owner||Volga Shipping Company (Russia)|
|Speed||12 kn / 22 kph / 14 mph|
|Length (LOA)||110 m / 361 ft|
|Beam (width)||15 m / 49 ft|
|Decks with cabins||3|
MS Alexander Pushkin Review
Review of MS Alexander Pushkin
MS Alexander Pushkin cruise ship ("теплоход Александр Пушкин" круизный корабль) is a traditional Russian river ship of Project Q-040 (Maksim Gorkiy-class). This USSR vessel is currently owned and operated by the Russian shipping company VODOHOD ("Водоход"). MS Pushkin cruises on Volga River, departing from homeports Moscow, Kazan and Nizhny Novgorod.
The riverboat is Russia-flagged (MMSI 273356150) and registered in Nizhny Novgorod. Boat's current max passenger capacity is 198 (served by 60 staff/crew). Ship's Captain (Master) is Aleksandr Mikhailovich Sorochkin (Александр Михайлович Сорочкин / Капитан теплохода).
Of this class were produced only two units/sisterships - Maxim Gorky (yard number K704, delivered in April) and Aleksandr Pushkin (yard number K705, delivered in October). Both vessels were completed in 1974 by the shipbuilder Osterreichische Schiffswerften AG (at the shipyard in Korneuburg, Austria). The boats are designed with 4 decks, passenger capacity 160 (max 216 plus 66 crew/staff), displacement tonnage 2100 tons, draught 2,3 m (7 ft), 1,35 MW powerplant (two marine diesel engines model 6ChRN 36-45).
The shipowner VODOHOD is Russia's largest river cruise shipping operator. The company was established in 2004 as Volga Shipping Company. After the merger with Volga Flot Tour, Vodohod now operates over 50 cruise ships along the rivers Don, Volga, Kama, Moscow, Volga–Don Canal, Volga-Baltic Waterway and the lakes Ladoga and Onega.
VODOHOD's predecessor - Volga Shipping Company (translated Volzhskoye parokhodstvo / Волжское пароходство) was founded as a Volga steamship transportation company in 1843. In 2011, the company had in operation over 300 passenger and cargo river vessels and carried over 6,7 billion tons of cargoes and over 368,000 passengers on Russia's biggest inland waterways.
Shipbooard facilities and amenities
The cruise ship Pushkin has as venues Dining Room Restaurant with Galley, Buffet and Bar (Boat Deck), beverage Bar (cocktail-coffee bar / Main Deck forward), Music Hall (Boat Deck forward), Panorama Bar (Middle Deck forward), Conference Hall (Cinema / Theatre, Sun Deck midship), Infirmary (Medical Center / Main Deck aft), Lobby area (Main Deck) with ship entrances (starboard-portside), Reception Desk, Cruise Director Office, Solarium (outdoor sundeck area with deckchairs). Aft on Middle Deck are the Laundry Room (portside) and 24-hour Coffee-Tea station (starboard).
Wi-Fi Internet is with shipwide coverage and provided at extra cost. The onboard TV reception is satellite. Onboard entertainment program includes live performances (singing, dancing, folk and classical music) and lectures themed on Russia's culture, customs, history, traditional cuisine, language. As daily scheduled activities are offered nesting doll (Matryoshka) painting classes, blini and vodka tastings, traditional tea ceremony, basing language lessons.
Onboard dining is complimentary (3 meals a day) and based on European dishes and traditional Russian recipes. Breakfasts are buffet-style. Lunches consist of Russian soups. Dinners are 3-course and often themed (with Russian regional dishes).
MS Pushkin ship has a total of 84 staterooms (open for booking) in 4 categories - Luxe (LUX-Suite), Deluxe (DLX2-Double and DLX3-Triple) and Standard (STD2-Single). All Lower Deck cabins are with porthole windows (round-shaped, non-opening, located near the ceiling) and currently not available for booking.
Cabin sizes vary between 7 m2 (70 ft2 / Single) to 9 m2 (100 ft2 / Double-Triple) to 15 m2 (160 ft2, Junior Suite) and 23 m2 (255 ft2 / Triple Suite). Luxe cabins (Suites) have sofabeds and coffee machines.
Regardless of cabin category, all staterooms offer as standard (complimentary) amenities window (slide-opening, half-height, 1-2-3 windows), beds (2 fixed single lower or 1 double), bedside cabinets (with reading lamps), wardrobe, mini-bar (refrigerator), wall-mounted HDTV (satellite reception), radio, electronic safe box (in the closet), mirrored dressing table (writing desk with shelves and chair), dining table, en-suite bathroom (wall-mounted toilet-WC, washbasin, shower, hairdryer, towels, toiletries), 220 V power outlets (Europlug / 2-pole, round-pin), individual air-conditioning (thermostat-controlled), moquette flooring, wood panelling (walls and ceilings).
All staff and crew cabins are located aft on Deck 2 (Middle Deck).
One of the world's ever largest river cruise ships, Alexander Pushkin's itinerary schedule starts in May and ends in October. During that period, the motor ship departs round-trip from Moscow Russia and visits the cities of Kazan, Samara, Elabuga, Plyos, Nijnii Novgorod. The following itineraries are offered (in brackets are shown indicative cruise prices per person, in USD):
- 12-day roundtrip from Moscow (Москва to Казань/Kazan and Самара/Samara) - prices from $820 pp
- 12-day roundtrip from Moscow (Москва to Елабуга/Yelabuga) - prices from $890 pp
- 12-day roundtrip from Moscow (Москва to Казань/Kazan) - prices from $750 pp
- 7-day roundtrip from Moscow (Москва to Плeс/Plyos (Privolzhsk) - prices from $480 pp
- 7-day roundtrip from Moscow (Москва to Нижний Новгород/Nizhny Novgorod) - prices from $570 pp
VODOHOD cruise deals
- Departure port (dock/berth), check-in, boarding and landing times are indicated on the company's website (vodohod.com) and on the passengers' boarding passes. Ship's exact departure time is clarified on the website the day prior departure.
- Kids discount ticket prices are for children up to 14 years of age (14-yo including), the age being fixed on departure day.
- Kids from 2 to 5 years of age (5-yo including) travel free of charge, but without providing an additional bed (if there are no free beds in the cabin). Shore excursions are also free of charge.
- Toddlers (kids under 2) travel free of charge, but bed, food and tour services are not provided. Extra beds in staterooms (baby cribs, cots) are not available on the ship.
- TWIN (double cabin) single supplement rate is 75%.
- Cabin number is provided 7 days prior departure. Reservation of a specific room number costs EUR 50 pp per cruise.
- Ticket prices are inclusive of 3 meals a day. Onboard dining includes Breakfast (buffet style, water in pitchers, tea/ coffee served, drinks - cocoa, milk, juices, hot and cold dishes), Lunch (buffet style, water in pitchers, tea/coffee served) and Dinner (waiter-served) with 1 Starter, 1 Main course (choice of 3 available / meat-fish-vegetarian), 1 Dessert (choice of 2 or fruits).
- On embarkation day and disembarkation day (voyage's end), meal times depend on landing times. If a land tour coincides with a meal time (lunch), passengers are provided with complimentary food at a local restaurant (cafe) or given "dry rations".
- Ticket price inclusive onboard events are Welcome Aboard ("bread and salt" ceremony), Welcome Cocktail (complimentary 1 glass of champagne or juice per person), "Tea Ceremony" (tea and traditional pies), "Vodka Show" (blini and vodka tasting), Cocktail Party (once per cruise, complimentary 1 cocktail / out of 3 choices per person), Captain's Dinner (gourmet menu, once per cruise), mulled wine or ice tea (weather-depending / upon returning from excursions), complimentary Coffee Station (coffee, hot water, packed tea, milk, cocoa, cookies, opening times 6am-breakfast, 10-12am, 4-6pm, 9-11pm), 1 bottled water (0.33l pp per day in cabins). Tickets are also inclusive of foreign language speaking guide services, onboard entertainment (language class, singing lessons, live music, nightly dancing music, Wheelhouse tour).
- Complimentary excursions are detailed in the ship's cruise itinerary program. Optional tours are available for shipboard booking. For excursion services, VODOHOD charges foreigners with an additional fee per person per day, including children 6-14 yo. This fee is not charged to tourists from the Russian Commonwealth, Ukraine, Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania. The surcharge varies by cruise tour itinerary length (1-2-days, 3-4-days, 5-days, 6-days, 7-days).
- VODOHOD cruise tickets don't include any land transfers, beverages and snacks (in onboard bars and lounges), phone conversations, sauna visits, optional excursions, travel insurance, gratuities, personal spendings. Ticket prices include 18% VAT.
- Non-cash onboard payments are made via the company's debit card "Vodohod"(received upon registration), which is without any interest or commissions. The card is accepted in all the ship's venues (bars, restaurant, shop, administration). Cash payments for onboard sales are not accepted. International bank cards are accepted for final payments.
- Gift Certificate "Vodohod" (vouchers) can be pre-purchased for any amount. The recipient can choose the itinerary, cruise departure date and cabin category. The amount specified is not fixed and is set by the buyer. If the cruise tour costs less than the certificate's amount, the difference is not refundable.
- Smoking on the ship is allowed only in designated areas (marked with "Place for smoking" signs), located aft on decks Middle and/or Boat (depending on ship). Smoking is prohibited in all interior spaces and on open decks (except at designated areas).
- On all VODOHOD ships are available health gymnastics and morning exercises (led by a certified physician/ship's doctor), oxygen cocktail, dietary food.
- On all VODOHOD ships are provided (free of charge) the following medical services - emergency medical care (assistance required for sudden acute illnesses, conditions, exacerbation of chronic diseases), measurement of blood pressure and body temperature, primary treatment of wounds.
- VODOHOD recommends passengers to arrive in departure port cities at least 6 hours prior to ship departure. Boarding starts 2 hours prior departure. All passengers must be boarded at least 1-hour prior departure. Late passengers missing their cruise tour are not refunded.
Note: You can see the CruiseMapper's list of all river cruise ships and riverboats in the "itinerary" section of our River Cruises hub. All companies and their fleets are listed there.
MS Alexander Pushkin - user reviews and comments
Photos of MS Alexander PushkinAdd Photo
Other Vodohod cruise ships
MS Alexander Pushkin User Reviews
There are no user reviews for this ship. Be first, share your experience!Write a Review