MS Maxim Gorky last position
MS Maxim Gorky last location was at Russia Inland (coordinates 56.00565 N / 92.91608 E) cruising en route to BELOMORSK. The AIS position was reported 1 month ago.Current Position
Specifications of MS Maxim Gorky
|Year built||1974 / Age : 46|
|Builder||Osterreichische Schiffswerften AG (Korneuburg, Austria)|
|Class||USSR Russian cruise ship (Project Q-040)|
|Owner||Volga Shipping Company (Russia)|
|Speed||12 kn / 22 kph / 14 mph|
|Length (LOA)||110 m / 361 ft|
|Beam (width)||15 m / 49 ft|
|Decks with cabins||3|
MS Maxim Gorky Review
Review of MS Maxim Gorky
MS Maxim Gorky cruise ship ("теплоход Максим Горький" круизный корабль) is a traditional Russian river ship of Project Q-040 (Maksim Gorkiy-class). This USSR vessel is currently owned and operated by the Russian shipping company VODOHOD ("Водоход"). MS Gorky cruises on Volga River, between St Petersburg and Moscow. In 2020 was introduced a unique Yenisei River itinerary with departures roundtrip from Krasnoyarsk and also one-ways between homeports Krasnoyarsk (Красноярск) and Dudinka (Дудинка).
The riverboat is Russia-flagged (MMSI 273354150) and registered in Nizhny Novgorod. Ship's Captain (Master) is Yuri Germanovich Sintsov (Юрий Германович Синцов / Капитан теплохода). Boat's max passenger capacity is 112 (served by 60 staff/crew).
Of this class were produced only two units/sisterships - Maxim Gorky (yard number K704, delivered in April) and Aleksandr Pushkin (yard number K705, delivered in October). Both vessels were completed in 1974 by the shipbuilder Osterreichische Schiffswerften AG (at the shipyard in Korneuburg, Austria). The boats are designed with 4 decks, passenger capacity 160 (max 216 plus 66 crew/staff), displacement tonnage 2100 tons, draught 2,3 m (7 ft), 1,35 MW powerplant (two marine diesel engines model 6ChRN 36-45).
In the period 1974-2012, the shipowner was Volga Shipping Company (Волжское пароходство). In 2012, the company was rebranded/renamed to Vodohod. The vessel is named after Maxim Gorky (originally Alexei Maximovich Peshkov, 1868-1936) - Russian writer and political activist.
VODOHOD's predecessor - Volga Shipping Company (translated Volzhskoye parokhodstvo / Волжское пароходство) was founded as a Volga steamship transportation company in 1843. In 2011, the company had in operation 300+ passenger and cargo river vessels and carried 6,7+ billion tons of cargoes and over 368,000 passengers on Russia's biggest inland waterways.
In 2019-2020, the Gorky ship underwent a multi-million drydock refit and refurbishment, which resulted in rating the vessel now as a 5-star ship (by international hotel standards). The project also included upgrading the engines, redesigning the restaurant and entertainment complex (relocated to Boat Deck) and a remodelled wellness complex (Spa and Gym on Sun Deck). All staterooms were completely renovated and refurnished.
Shipbooard facilities and amenities
The cruise ship Gorky has as main venues Main Restaurant (Dining Room), Specialty Restaurant (Catch of the Day), Siberia Bar (cocktail-coffee bar), Karaoke Bar (nightclub), Wine Library (wine bar lounge), Conference Hall (doubles as Cinema / Theatre), wellness complex (Spa and Fitness - massage rooms, sauna, modern gym equipment), Infirmary (Medical Center), Lobby area with ship entrances (starboard-portside), Reception Desk, Cruise Director Office, Shop (souvenir kiosk), Solarium (outdoor sundeck area with deckchairs). Aft on Middle Deck are the Laundry Room (portside) and 24-hour Coffee-Tea station (starboard).
Wi-Fi Internet is with shipwide coverage and provided at extra cost. The onboard TV reception is satellite. Onboard entertainment program includes live performances (singing, dancing, folk and classical music) and lectures themed on Russia's culture, customs, history, traditional cuisine, language. As daily scheduled activities are offered nesting doll (Matryoshka) painting classes, blini and vodka tastings, traditional tea ceremony, basing language lessons.
Onboard dining is complimentary (3 meals a day) and based on European dishes and traditional Russian recipes. Breakfasts are buffet-style. Lunches consist of Russian soups. Dinners are 3-course and often themed (with Russian regional dishes).
MS Gorky ship has a total of 52 staterooms (open for booking) in 4 categories - Luxe (LUX3-Triple Suite), Deluxe (DLX2-Double and DLX3-Triple) and Standard (STD2-Single). All Lower Deck cabins are with porthole windows (round-shaped, non-opening, located near the ceiling) and currently not available for booking.
Cabin sizes vary between 9 m2 (95 ft2 / Single) to 19 m2 (210 ft2 / Deluxe Double-Triple) and 25 m2 (270 ft2 / Suite). Luxe and Deluxe cabins are with coffee machines.
Regardless of cabin category, all staterooms offer as standard (complimentary) amenities window (slide-opening, half-height, 1-2-3 windows), beds (2 fixed single lower or 1 double), bedside cabinets (with reading lamps), wardrobe, mini-bar (refrigerator), wall-mounted HDTV (satellite reception), radio, electronic safe box (in the closet), mirrored dressing table (writing desk with shelves and chair), dining table, en-suite bathroom (wall-mounted toilet-WC, washbasin, shower, hairdryer, towels, toiletries), 220 V power outlets (Europlug / 2-pole, round-pin), individual air-conditioning (thermostat-controlled), moquette flooring, wood panelling (walls and ceilings).
All staff and crew cabins are located aft on Deck 2 (Middle Deck).
"Taste of Siberia" Yenisei River Cruise itinerary 2020 schedule
The following map shows VODOHOD's new cruise itinerary on Yenisei River (Taste of Siberia) introduced with MS Maxim Gorky in 2020.
Next video highlights some of the ashore experiences on the Siberian river voyage, including hospitable meeting (with bread and salt), traditional Siberian songs (performed by a Cossack choir), local delicateses (stroganina/indigenous Arctic Siberia dish of raw meat, game specialties, pine cones jam). Passengers also have the chance to meet with the local people and learn about life in Russia's Old Believer settlements.
Next table shows the riverboat's schedule for 2020 as departure dates, itinerary length, visited ports and lowest cruise fares (in GBP) per person. Prices are inclusive of all meals and entertainment, land transfers and two domestic flights.
|Departure Dates||Itinerary Route|
|May 18, Oct 4||10-day cruise roundtrip from Krasnoyarsk includes stops (shore excursions) in Yeniseisk, Nikulino, Vorogovo, Yartsevo, Yeniseisk, Galanino. The 10-day cruisetour is priced between GBP 4400-7500 pp.|
|May 27, Sept 24||11-day cruise roundtrip from Krasnoyarsk includes stops (shore excursions) in Yeniseisk, Nikulino, Bakhta, Vorogovo, Yartsevo, Galanino. The 11-day cruisetour is priced from GBP 5500 pp.|
|June 6, June 28, July 20, Aug 11, Sept 2||11-day cruise from Krasnoyarsk to Dudinka includes stops (shore excursions) in Galanino, Yeniseisk, Nikulino, Vorogovo, Bakhta, Verkhneimbatsk, Turukhansk, Yermakovo, Igarka, Turukhansk Tundra, to Dudinka. The 11-day cruisetour is priced from GBP 5500 pp.|
|June 16, July 8, July 30, Aug 21, Sept 12||13-day cruise from Dudinka to Krasnoyarsk, includes stops (shore excursions) in Turukhansk Tundra, Igarka, Yermakovo, Turukhansk, Verkhneimbatsk, Bakhta, Vorogovo, Nikulino, Yeniseisk, Galanino, to Krasnoyarsk. The 13-day cruisetour is priced between GBP 6250-7500 pp.|
For summer 2021, VODOHOD has plans to develop an Arctic voyage on Maxim Gorky offering cruising along Russia's Northern Sea Route and around Franz Josef Land as an alternative to Norway's Svalbard Archipelago. The Russian Arctic waterway passes through several large seas (Chukchi, Barents, East Siberian, Kara, Laptev, partially Bering Sea) all the way through the Pacific Ocean. For the Gorky ship's "Arctic cruise" VODOHOD will charter an icebreaking vessel for assistance. The voyages would range between 7-17 days. Light helicopter tours are included in the program and ticket price-inclusive.
VODOHOD cruise deals
- Departure port (dock/berth), check-in, boarding and landing times are indicated on the company's website (vodohod.com) and on the passengers' boarding passes. Ship's exact departure time is clarified on the website the day prior departure.
- Kids discount ticket prices are for children up to 14 years of age (14-yo including), the age being fixed on departure day.
- Kids from 2 to 5 years of age (5-yo including) travel free of charge, but without providing an additional bed (if there are no free beds in the cabin). Shore excursions are also free of charge.
- Toddlers (kids under 2) travel free of charge, but bed, food and tour services are not provided. Extra beds in staterooms (baby cribs, cots) are not available on the ship.
- TWIN (double cabin) single supplement rate is 75%.
- Cabin number is provided 7 days prior departure. Reservation of a specific room number costs EUR 50 pp per cruise.
- Ticket prices are inclusive of 3 meals a day. Onboard dining includes Breakfast (buffet style, water in pitchers, tea/ coffee served, drinks - cocoa, milk, juices, hot and cold dishes), Lunch (buffet style, water in pitchers, tea/coffee served) and Dinner (waiter-served) with 1 Starter, 1 Main course (choice of 3 available / meat-fish-vegetarian), 1 Dessert (choice of 2 or fruits).
- On embarkation day and disembarkation day (voyage's end), meal times depend on landing times. If a land tour coincides with a meal time (lunch), passengers are provided with complimentary food at a local restaurant (cafe) or given "dry rations".
- Ticket price inclusive onboard events are Welcome Aboard ("bread and salt" ceremony), Welcome Cocktail (complimentary 1 glass of champagne or juice per person), "Tea Ceremony" (tea and traditional pies), "Vodka Show" (blini and vodka tasting), Cocktail Party (once per cruise, complimentary 1 cocktail / out of 3 choices per person), Captain's Dinner (gourmet menu, once per cruise), mulled wine or ice tea (weather-depending / upon returning from excursions), complimentary Coffee Station (coffee, hot water, packed tea, milk, cocoa, cookies, opening times 6am-breakfast, 10-12am, 4-6pm, 9-11pm), 1 bottled water (0.33l pp per day in cabins). Tickets are also inclusive of foreign language speaking guide services, onboard entertainment (language class, singing lessons, live music, nightly dancing music, Wheelhouse tour).
- Complimentary excursions are detailed in the ship's cruise itinerary program. Optional tours are available for shipboard booking. For excursion services, VODOHOD charges foreigners with an additional fee per person per day, including children 6-14 yo. This fee is not charged to tourists from the Russian Commonwealth, Ukraine, Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania. The surcharge varies by cruise tour itinerary length (1-2-days, 3-4-days, 5-days, 6-days, 7-days).
- VODOHOD cruise tickets don't include any land transfers, beverages and snacks (in onboard bars and lounges), phone conversations, sauna visits, optional excursions, travel insurance, gratuities, personal spendings. Ticket prices include 18% VAT.
- Non-cash onboard payments are made via the company's debit card "Vodohod"(received upon registration), which is without any interest or commissions. The card is accepted in all the ship's venues (bars, restaurant, shop, administration). Cash payments for onboard sales are not accepted. International bank cards are accepted for final payments.
- Gift Certificate "Vodohod" (vouchers) can be pre-purchased for any amount. The recipient can choose the itinerary, cruise departure date and cabin category. The amount specified is not fixed and is set by the buyer. If the cruise tour costs less than the certificate's amount, the difference is not refundable.
- Smoking on the ship is allowed only in designated areas (marked with "Place for smoking" signs), located aft on decks Middle and/or Boat (depending on ship). Smoking is prohibited in all interior spaces and on open decks (except at designated areas).
- On all VODOHOD ships are available health gymnastics and morning exercises (led by a certified physician/ship's doctor), oxygen cocktail, dietary food.
- On all VODOHOD ships are provided (free of charge) the following medical services - emergency medical care (assistance required for sudden acute illnesses, conditions, exacerbation of chronic diseases), measurement of blood pressure and body temperature, primary treatment of wounds.
- VODOHOD recommends passengers to arrive in departure port cities at least 6 hours prior to ship departure. Boarding starts 2 hours prior departure. All passengers must be boarded at least 1-hour prior departure. Late passengers missing their cruise tour are not refunded.
Note: You can see the CruiseMapper's list of all river cruise ships and riverboats in the "itinerary" section of our River Cruises hub. All companies and their fleets are listed there.
MS Maxim Gorky - user reviews and comments
Photos of MS Maxim GorkyAdd Photo
MS Maxim Gorky ship related cruise news
- Cruise Industry
Cruise shipping along the Northern Sea Route and to Antarctica will be available to passengers starting from 2021, Russian cruise company Vodohod...February 4, 2020
- show more news
Other Vodohod cruise ships
MS Maxim Gorky User Reviews
There are no user reviews for this ship. Be first, share your experience!Write a Review