MS Donau Kristallschiff current position
MS Donau Kristallschiff current location is at Europe Inland (coordinates 48.57649 N / 13.46283 E) cruising en route to PASSAU. The AIS position was reported 4 minutes ago.Current Position
Specifications of MS Donau Kristallschiff
|Year built||1982 / Age: 38|
|Builder||Hitzler-Werft (Regensburg, Germany) / OSWAG-Werft (Linz, Austria)|
|Class||day-trip Danube River cruise ship|
|Ferry route / homeports||Passau|
|Owner||Donauschiffahrt Wurm + Kock|
|Operator||Donauschiffahrt Wurm + Kock|
|Speed||13 kn / 24 kph / 15 mph|
|Length (LOA)||79 m / 259 ft|
|Beam (width)||11 m / 36 ft|
|Passengers||388 - 600|
MS Donau Kristallschiff Review
Review of MS Donau Kristallschiff
MS Donau Kristallschiff cruise ship is a riverboat (flussschiff) owned and operated by the German travel company "Donauschiffahrt Wurm + Kock" (translated as "Danube shipping"). headquartered in Passau Germany. The ship is homeported in Passau and operates 1-day cruise trips on Danube River.
The vessel was launched in 1982 by the shipbuilder Hitzler-Werft at its shipyard in Regensburg Germany. The ship was reconstructed in 2007 by the shipbuilder OSWAG-Werft in Linz Austria. Its draft is 1,3 m and has total power output 1000 hp. The ship's max passenger capacity is 600. The total number of inner seats is 388, of which 208 on Entrance Deck and 180 on Gallery Deck. The ship's Navigation Bridge (called "Wheelhouse" on riverboats) is located forward on Middle Deck. There is a Sun Deck (Observation Deck) with bench seating.
As day-trip riverboat, MS Donau Kristallschiff has no passenger cabins. A unique feature of the riverboat is the over 30 m (100 ft) long crystal arches on the outer sides. The ship has two galleys/kitchens, modern and powerful air-conditioning and heating systems, and is powered by two Deutz marine diesel engines.
In 2007, Wurm+Kock inaugurated the refitted/modified MS Donau as "Donau Kristallschiff" ("Danube Crystal Ship"). The vessel's conversion was a unique project that transformed a regular passenger ship into a crystal palace with Swarovski crystal elements. The new ship's interior was inspired by the myth of Isa (mythological nymph). The company was honoured to have Fiona Swarovski (Austrian businesswoman and fashion designer) as the riverboat's godmother. The naming ceremony was held in Passau on May 7, 2007.
The Kronsaal (on Entrance Deck)) has 208 seats. It features two huge, crystal-filled stone pavilions with illuminated water fountains. Above Gallery Deck, there are two gigantic crystal chandeliers with a height of over 12 m. The "Harfentreppe" (harp stairs) connect Kronsaal with "Bel Etage" (on Middle Deck). The passengers are greeted by the bust of Neptune (the god of the sea) positioned in front of a water curtain with width around 3,5 m.
A crystal path connects Middle Deck with the spacious Sun Deck (capacity 350 seats). The Achterdeck (Aft deck) is a cosy outdoor lounge. A small staircase from there leads to the Sun Deck (designed like a garden and serving as an open-air alfresco dining venue. The sundeck area features quality teak decking, sun shading, exotic live plants for decoration and an outdoor bar.
Donauschiffahrt Wurm + Kock
The shipowner "Donauschiffahrt Wurm + Kock" is a cruise shipping company specializing in 1-day boat tours on Danube River, between Regensburg and Vienna. Currently, with a fleet of 13 ships, Wurm+Kock is the Bavarian-Austrian Danube's largest day-trip cruise company. The number of ships based in Passau Germany is nine, two are homeported in Deggendorf Germany and Linz Austria, and three in Regensburg Germany.
Donauschiffahrt's Danube cruising experience includes onboard buffet-style dining, a la carte priced snacks and drinks (including wines by the glass, soda, coffee, tea), professional service and enjoying the city's riverfront and the Bavarian-Austrian country riverside views along the itinerary route.
- The company's DONAU-Card offers 20% discount on shipping (ferry travel) only. These discounted deals are not inclusive of additional services (like catering or kombi-beds).
- Kids ages 6-13 pay half the full adult price (50% discount).
- Kids up to 5 years old travel for free.
- These offers are available for all itineraries/departures from Germany (Passau, Regensburg) and Austria (Linz).
Wurm+Kock's Danube cruise itineraries from Passau
From Passau, Donauschiffahrt offers the following cruises:
- "Three Rivers Sightseeing Tour" (Passau city tour) passing by St Stephan's Cathedral, the 3 rivers confluence (Danube, Inn, Ilz), Oberhaus Castle, Maria Hilf Monastery. Via the ship's loudspeakers is provided information about the city. The cruise tour has a duration of 45 min. The itinerary is operated March through November. Pricing is EUR 8,90 pp.
- "Eventful Roundtrip with the Crystal Ship" roundtrip from Passau to Kasten and Obernzell. The cruise tour has a duration of 2 hours. The itinerary is operated April through October. Pricing is EUR 14,80 pp.
- "Bavarian-Austrian Danube Valley" - Upper Danube Valley roundtrip from Passau to Engelhartszell Austria and Schloegen (river loop). The cruise tour has a duration of 5 hours. The itinerary is operated April through October. Pricing is Passau-Engelhartszell (EUR 16,50 roundtrip / EUR 14,50 oneway) and Passau-Schloegen (EUR 18,50 roundtrip / EUR 16,50 one way).
- "Day trip from Passau to Linz" has a duration of approx 5 hours. The itinerary is operated April through October. Pricing is EUR 26 (one way), EUR 29 (ship roundtrip), EUR 34 (Passau to Linz by ship, return to Passau by bus), EUR 38 (Passau to Linz by ship, return to Passau by train).
- Holiday cruises from Passau are themed (prices pp) "Sunday Buffet Cruise" (EUR 43 / gourmet buffet lunch, Regina Danubia), "Advent Buffet Cruise" (EUR 43 / live folk music), "Christmas Buffet Cruise" (EUR 48 / Regina Danubia), "Winter Cruise to Engelhartszell" (EUR 16,50 / 3-course menu).
- Dinner cruises from Passau are themed (prices pp) "Italian Night" (EUR 44,50 / live music), "Summer NIght Buffet Cruise" (EUR 40 / DJ music), "Spare Ribs Buffet Cruise" (EUR 28,50 / live music), "Candlelight Dinner Cruise" (EUR 44,50 / buffet, live music), "New Years Eve Cruise" (EUR 99,50 / buffet, live music).
- The firework cruise from Passau is themed "Danube Fire Enchantment" (EUR 34-61 / 3-course menu).
Riverboat trips on the Danube are among the best options to diversify your vacation in some of Europe's most popular cultural cities. Day river cruise tours are also often booked for special events (weddings, celebrations, private parties) and as themed excursions (like Christmas and New Year's Eve).
MS Donau Kristallschiff - user reviews and comments
Photos of MS Donau KristallschiffAdd Photo
Other Donauschiffahrt Wurm + Kock cruise ships
MS Donau Kristallschiff User Reviews
There are no user reviews for this ship. Be first, share your experience!Write a Review