MS SUNliner Cabrioschiff Review and Specifications
Specifications of MS SUNliner Cabrioschiff
|Year built||2017 / Age : 3|
|Builder||Schiffswerft Bolle (Derben, Germany)|
|Class||day-trip Danube River cruise ship|
|Ferry route / homeports||Passau|
|Owner||Donauschiffahrt Wurm + Kock|
|Operator||Donauschiffahrt Wurm + Kock|
|Speed||11 kn / 20 kph / 13 mph|
|Length (LOA)||45 m / 148 ft|
|Beam (width)||8 m / 26 ft|
|Passengers||150 - 250|
Current position of MS SUNliner Cabrioschiff
Review of MS SUNliner Cabrioschiff
MS SUNliner Cabrioschiff cruise ship is a riverboat (flussschiff) owned and operated by the German travel company "Donauschiffahrt Wurm + Kock" (translated as "Danube shipping"). Headquartered in Passau Germany. The ship is homeported in Passau and operates 1-day cruise trips on Danube River.
The vessel was launched in 2017 by the shipbuilder Schiffswerft Bolle GmbH at its shipyard in Derben Germany (on Elbe River). Its draft is just 1 m (3 ft) and has total power output 450 hp. The ship's max passenger capacity is 250, The total number of inner seats is 150, all of which are on Entrance Deck (single deck). Also here are the boat's bar-restaurant (forward and midship) and a kitchen (aft). The ship's Navigation Bridge (called "Wheelhouse" on riverboats) is located forward and is inaccessible for passengers.
As day-trip riverboat, MS SUNliner Cabrioschiff has no passenger cabins. The SUNliner Cabrioschiff ("Cabrio Ship") was inaugurated in April 2017 with a christening ceremony held in Passau. The Schiffswerft Bolle shipyard constructed the vessel from a patented cruise ship design ("AquaCabrio"), only this is a larger version. With the same designs are the "Prague Boats" tour company's ships MS Bohemia Rhapsody and MS Grand Bohemia.
As the "Cabrio" name assumes, the ship has a retractable dome (glass roof cover). The roof can be removed and the whole midship deck space becomes an open-air lounge. This is a unique feature on the Danube river cruise ship. The glass-domed middle section of the ship provides a 180-degree view - regardless of the weather. The deck is with wooden floor and decorated with palm trees. The boat also features a separate hybrid engine and powerful air-conditioning (solar-powered).
The shipowner "Donauschiffahrt Wurm + Kock" is a cruise shipping company specializing in 1-day boat tours on Danube River, between Regensburg and Vienna. Currently, with a fleet of 13 ships, Wurm+Kock is the Bavarian-Austrian Danube's largest day-trip cruise company. The number of ships based in Passau Germany is nine, two are homeported in Deggendorf Germany and Linz Austria, and three in Regensburg Germany.
Donauschiffahrt's Danube cruising experience includes onboard buffet-style dining, a la carte priced snacks and drinks (including wines by the glass, soda, coffee, tea), professional service and enjoying the city's riverfront and the Bavarian-Austrian country riverside views along the itinerary route.
The company's DONAU-Card offers 20% discount on shipping (ferry travel) only. These discounted deals are not inclusive of additional services (like catering or kombi-beds). Kids ages 6-13 pay half the full adult price (50% discount). Kids up to 5 years old travel for free.
These offers are available for all itineraries/departures from Germany (Passau, Regensburg) and Austria (Linz).
Wurm+Kock's Danube cruise itineraries from Passau
From Passau, Donauschiffahrt offers the following cruises:
- "Three Rivers Sightseeing Tour" (Passau city tour) passing by St Stephan's Cathedral, the 3 rivers confluence (Danube, Inn, Ilz), Oberhaus Castle, Maria Hilf Monastery. Via the ship's loudspeakers is provided information about the city. The cruise tour has a duration of 45 min. The itinerary is operated March through November. Pricing is EUR 8,90 pp.
- "Eventful Roundtrip with the Crystal Ship" roundtrip from Passau to Kasten and Obernzell. The cruise tour has a duration of 2 hours. The itinerary is operated April through October. Pricing is EUR 14,80 pp.
- "Bavarian-Austrian Danube Valley" - Upper Danube Valley roundtrip from Passau to Engelhartszell Austria and Schloegen (river loop). The cruise tour has a duration of 5 hours. The itinerary is operated April through October. Pricing is Passau-Engelhartszell (EUR 16,50 roundtrip / EUR 14,50 oneway) and Passau-Schloegen (EUR 18,50 roundtrip / EUR 16,50 one way).
- "Day trip from Passau to Linz" has a duration of approx 5 hours. The itinerary is operated April through October. Pricing is EUR 26 (one way), EUR 29 (ship roundtrip), EUR 34 (Passau to Linz by ship, return to Passau by bus), EUR 38 (Passau to Linz by ship, return to Passau by train).
- Holiday cruises from Passau are themed (prices pp) "Sunday Buffet Cruise" (EUR 43 / gourmet buffet lunch, Regina Danubia), "Advent Buffet Cruise" (EUR 43 / live folk music), "Christmas Buffet Cruise" (EUR 48 / Regina Danubia), "Winter Cruise to Engelhartszell" (EUR 16,50 / 3-course menu).
- Dinner cruises from Passau are themed (prices pp) "Italian Night" (EUR 44,50 / live music), "Summer NIghth Buffet Cruise" (EUR 40 / DJ music), "Spare Ribs Buffet Cruise" (EUR 28,50 / live music), "Candlelight Dinner Cruise" (EUR 44,50 / buffet, live music), "New Years Eve Cruise" (EUR 99,50 / buffet, live music).
- The firework cruise from Passau is themed "Danube Fire Enchantment" (EUR 34-61 / 3-course menu).
Riverboat trips on the Danube are among the best options to diversify your vacation in some of Europe's most popular cultural cities. Day river cruise tours are also often booked for special events (weddings, celebrations, private parties) and as themed excursions (like Christmas and New Year's Eve).
MS SUNliner Cabrioschiff - user reviews and comments
Photos of MS SUNliner CabrioschiffAdd Photo
Other Donauschiffahrt Wurm + Kock cruise ships
MS SUNliner Cabrioschiff Wiki
MS SUNliner Cabrioschiff User Reviews
There are no user reviews for this ship. Be first, share your experience!Write a Review