MS Gisela current position
MS Gisela current location is at Europe Inland (coordinates 48.57608 N / 13.46467 E) cruising en route to PASSAU. The AIS position was reported 4 minutes ago.Current Position
Specifications of MS Gisela
|Year built||1977 / Age: 45|
|Builder||Hitzler-Werft (Regensburg, Germany)|
|Class||day-trip Danube River cruise ship|
|Length (LOA)||54 m / 177 ft|
|Beam (width)||8 m / 26 ft|
|Passengers||293 - 300|
|Owner||Donauschiffahrt Wurm + Kock|
|Operator||Donauschiffahrt Wurm + Kock|
MS Gisela Review
Review of MS Gisela
MS Gisela cruise ship is a riverboat (flussschiff) owned and operated by the German travel company "Donauschiffahrt Wurm + Kock" (translated as "Danube shipping") headquartered in Passau Germany. The ship is homeported in Passau and operates 1-day cruise trips on Danube River.
The vessel was launched in 1977 by the shipbuilder Hitzler-Werft at its shipyard in Regensburg Germany. Its draft is 1,3 m and has total power output 533 hp. The ship's max passenger capacity is 300. The total number of inner seats is 293, of which 141 on Entrance Deck and 152 on Middle Deck. Each deck has Kitchen Counter. There is a Gift Shop on Entrance Deck. The ship's Navigation Bridge (called "Wheelhouse" on riverboats) is located forward on Middle Deck. There is a Sun Deck (Observation Deck) with bench seating.
As day-trip riverboat, MS Gisela has no passenger cabins. The other Donauschiffahrt ships homeported in Passau are Anton Bruckner, Donau Kristallschiff, Johanna, MS Passau, Regina Danubia, Sissi, Stadt Linz, and SUNliner-Cabrioschiff.
Donauschiffahrt Wurm + Kock
The shipowner "Donauschiffahrt Wurm + Kock" is a cruise shipping company specializing in 1-day boat tours on Danube River, between Regensburg and Vienna. Currently, with a fleet of 13 ships, Wurm+Kock is the Bavarian-Austrian Danube's largest day-trip cruise company. The number of ships based in Passau Germany is nine, two are homeported in Deggendorf Germany and Linz Austria, and three in Regensburg Germany.
Donauschiffahrt's Danube cruising experience includes onboard buffet-style dining, a la carte priced snacks and drinks (including wines by the glass, soda, coffee, tea), professional service and enjoying the city's riverfront and the Bavarian-Austrian country riverside views along the itinerary route.
- The company's DONAU-Card offers 20% discount on shipping (ferry travel) only. These discounted deals are not inclusive of additional services (like catering or kombi-beds).
- Kids ages 6-13 pay half the full adult price (50% discount).
- Kids up to 5 years old travel for free.
- These offers are available for all itineraries/departures from Germany (Passau, Regensburg) and Austria (Linz).
Wurm+Kock's Danube cruise itineraries from Passau
From Passau, Donauschiffahrt offers the following cruises:
- "Three Rivers Sightseeing Tour" (Passau city tour) passing by St Stephan's Cathedral, the 3 rivers confluence (Danube, Inn, Ilz), Oberhaus Castle, Maria Hilf Monastery. Via the ship's loudspeakers is provided information about the city. The cruise tour has a duration of 45 min. The itinerary is operated March through November. Pricing is EUR 8,90 pp.
- "Eventful Roundtrip with the Crystal Ship" roundtrip from Passau to Kasten and Obernzell. The cruise tour has a duration of 2 hours. The itinerary is operated April through October. Pricing is EUR 14,80 pp.
- "Bavarian-Austrian Danube Valley" - Upper Danube Valley roundtrip from Passau to Engelhartszell Austria and Schloegen (river loop). The cruise tour has a duration of 5 hours. The itinerary is operated April through October. Pricing is Passau-Engelhartszell (EUR 16,50 roundtrip / EUR 14,50 oneway) and Passau-Schloegen (EUR 18,50 roundtrip / EUR 16,50 one way).
- "Day trip from Passau to Linz" has a duration of approx 5 hours. The itinerary is operated April through October. Pricing is EUR 26 (one way), EUR 29 (ship roundtrip), EUR 34 (Passau to Linz by ship, return to Passau by bus), EUR 38 (Passau to Linz by ship, return to Passau by train).
- Holiday cruises from Passau are themed (prices pp) "Sunday Buffet Cruise" (EUR 43 / gourmet buffet lunch, Regina Danubia), "Advent Buffet Cruise" (EUR 43 / live folk music), "Christmas Buffet Cruise" (EUR 48 / Regina Danubia), "Winter Cruise to Engelhartszell" (EUR 16,50 / 3-course menu).
- Dinner cruises from Passau are themed (prices pp) "Italian Night" (EUR 44,50 / live music), "Summer NIght Buffet Cruise" (EUR 40 / DJ music), "Spare Ribs Buffet Cruise" (EUR 28,50 / live music), "Candlelight Dinner Cruise" (EUR 44,50 / buffet, live music), "New Years Eve Cruise" (EUR 99,50 / buffet, live music).
- The firework cruise from Passau is themed "Danube Fire Enchantment" (EUR 34-61 / 3-course menu).
Riverboat trips on the Danube are among the best options to diversify your vacation in some of Europe's most popular cultural cities. Day river cruise tours are also often booked for special events (weddings, celebrations, private parties) and as themed excursions (like Christmas and New Year's Eve).
MS Gisela - user reviews and comments
Photos of MS GiselaAdd Photo
Other Donauschiffahrt Wurm + Kock cruise ships
MS Gisela User Reviews
There are no user reviews for this ship. Be first, share your experience!Write a Review