MS Kristallkonigin Review and Specifications
Specifications of MS Kristallkonigin
|Year built||2011 / Age : 8|
|Builder||Lux-Werft (Mondorf, Germany)|
|Class||day-trip Danube River cruise ship|
|Owner||Donauschiffahrt Wurm + Kock|
|Operator||Donauschiffahrt Wurm + Kock|
|Speed||12 kn / 22 kph / 14 mph|
|Length (LOA)||68 m / 223 ft|
|Beam (width)||11 m / 36 ft|
|Passengers||325 - 600|
Current position of MS Kristallkonigin
Review of MS Kristallkonigin
MS Kristallkonigin cruise ship (aka Kristallkoenigin) is a riverboat (flussschiff) owned and operated by the German travel company "Donauschiffahrt Wurm + Kock" (translated as "Danube shipping"). headquartered in Passau Germany. The ship is homeported in Regensburg and operates 1-day cruise trips on Danube River.
The vessel was launched in 2011 by the shipbuilder Lux-Werft at its shipyard in Mondorf (near Bonn Germany). Its draft is 1,4 m and has total power output 1000 hp. The ship's max passenger capacity is 600. The total number of inner seats is 325, of which 180 on Entrance / Main Deck and 145 on Gallery / Upper Deck. The ship's Navigation Bridge (called "Wheelhouse" on riverboats) is located forward on Gallery Deck. There is a Sun Deck (Observation Deck) equipped with lounge furniture and 4-seat tables.
Kristallkonigin ("crystal queen") is one of Wurm+Kock's newest ships from the so-called "crystal fleet". Like the fleet mates Donau Kristallschiff and Kristallprinzessin, its interior is marked by original Swarovski crystal elements. Outside, the ship's design features unique crystal crowns (on both sides) each with diameter approx 15 m (50 ft). The boat's interior is designed as a gallery, providing spectacular views from the Upper / Gallery Deck (aka Bel Etage) to the Main / Entrance Deck below. There is a spiral staircase (fitted with 2 Swarovski crystal artworks) and an elevator connecting both decks. The spacious Sun Deck is designed as a garden, featuring 300 seats (rattan wood furniture) and a lounge area (aft).
The cruise ship is equipped with a sparkling crystal bar, several flat screens, a state-of-the-art kitchen, modern and powerful air-conditioning and heating systems. The riverboat is powered by two Deutz marine diesel engines.
Donauschiffahrt Wurm + Kock
The shipowner "Donauschiffahrt Wurm + Kock" is a cruise shipping company specializing in 1-day boat tours on Danube River, between Regensburg and Vienna. Currently, with a fleet of 13 ships, Wurm+Kock is the Bavarian-Austrian Danube's largest day-trip cruise company. The number of ships based in Passau Germany is nine, two are homeported in Deggendorf Germany and Linz Austria, and three in Regensburg Germany.
Donauschiffahrt's Danube cruising experience includes onboard buffet-style dining, a la carte priced snacks and drinks (including wines by the glass, soda, coffee, tea), professional service and enjoying the city's riverfront and the Bavarian-Austrian country riverside views along the itinerary route.
- The company's DONAU-Card offers 20% discount on shipping (ferry travel) only. These discounted deals are not inclusive of additional services (like catering or kombi-beds).
- Kids ages 6-13 pay half the full adult price (50% discount).
- Kids up to 5 years old travel for free.
- These offers are available for all itineraries/departures from Germany (Passau, Regensburg) and Austria (Linz).
Wurm+Kock's Danube cruise itineraries from Regensburg
From Regensburg, Donauschiffahrt offers the following cruises:
- "Historical Strudel" (Regensburg city tour) is a round-trip sightseeing tour operated by MS Kristallkonigin Via the ship's loudspeakers is provided information about the city's history and most popular sights. The cruise tour has a duration of 45 min. The itinerary is operated April through October. Pricing is EUR 8,90 pp.
- "Eventful Roundtrip from Regensburg to Walhalla" is roundtrip from Regensburg to the Walhalla memorial operated by the ships MS Kristallkonigin and MS Kristallkonigin. This is a hall of fame honouring distinguished German nationals - sovereigns, politicians, scientists, artists. The neo-classical design building is located east of the city. The cruise tour has a duration of 2 hours. The itinerary is operated April through October. Pricing is EUR 14,80 pp.
- Holiday cruises from Regensburg are themed (prices pp) "Sunday Buffet Cruise" (EUR 46), "Advent Buffet Cruise" (EUR 46), "Christmas Buffet Cruise" (EUR 51 / lunch or dinner), "New Year's Weekend" (EUR 47,50 / gala buffet, with lunch or dinner), "New Years Eve Cruise" (EUR 141 / gala buffet, live music), "City Cruise Regensburg-Straubing-Passau" (EUR 36).
- Dinner cruises from Regensburg are themed (prices pp) "Italian Night" (EUR 43 / 3-course menu), "Sunset Cruise" (EUR 21 / optional menu), "Candlelight Dinner" (EUR 47,50 / 3-course menu), "Crystal Enchantment" (EUR 47,50 / gala buffet), "Christmas Enchantment" (EUR 48 / 4-course menu), "Valentine's Day Cruise" (EUR 48 / 3-course menu, live music).
- The firework cruise from Regensburg is themed "Walhalla Fire Enchantment" (EUR 69).
Riverboat trips on the Danube are among the best options to diversify your vacation in some of Europe's most popular cultural cities. Day river cruise tours are also often booked for special events (weddings, celebrations, private parties) and as themed excursions (like Christmas and New Year's Eve).
MS Kristallkonigin - user reviews and comments
Photos of MS KristallkoniginAdd Photo
Other Donauschiffahrt Wurm + Kock cruise ships
MS Kristallkonigin Wiki
MS Kristallkonigin User Reviews
There are no user reviews for this ship. Be first, share your experience!Write a Review