Pearl Mist Review and Specifications
Specifications of Pearl Mist
|Year built||2014 / Age : 4|
|Flag state||Marshall Islands|
|Builder||Irving Shipbuilding Inc (Halifax, Canada)|
|Building cost||USD 44 million|
|Owner||Pearl Seas Cruises|
|Operator||Pearl Seas Cruises|
|Speed||17 kn / 31 kph / 20 mph|
|Length (LOA)||102 m / 335 ft|
|Beam (width)||17 m / 56 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||5109 gt|
|Decks with cabins||4|
Review of Pearl Mist
MS Pearl Mist cruise ship is a smaller-sized vessel built in Halifax (Nova Scotia Canada) and inaugurated in mid-2014. Currently, the vessel is owned by Pearl Seas Cruises and managed by V-Ships Leisure USA (ship management company, part of V Group Ltd).
History - construction and ownership
The 210-passenger ship Pearl Mist was ordered by Pearl Seas Cruises from Irving Shipyards (Halifax NS) in 2006, for USD 43,5 million. Vessel's keel was laid down in July 2007. However, the shipowner and shipbuilder started a legal dispute just 5 months after the beginning of construction. The dispute resulted in boat's delivery being delayed for 4 years (2010-2014), so the maiden voyage was scheduled for June 24, 2014.
The vessel was launched on March 14, 2008, and completed in June 2010, but due to the dispute the cruise company refused to accept it. Pearl Mist was laid up in Nova Scotia (Shelburne) until a settlement was reached in 2013. The vessel was accepted by the shipowner and towed to Baltimore MD in April 2013. The cruise ship received final outfitting at Chesapeake Shipbuilding's yard in Salisbury MD.
In season 2014 were scheduled just 17 voyages (departures). The 7-10-11-14-day itineraries visited Canadian Maritimes (Eastern Canada), Great Lakes, St Lawrence Seaway. First Caribbean cruises were in 2015 (February to May) visiting popular islands like Bahamas, BVI, Puerto Rico (USA), Turks and Caicos, St Maarten, Martinique.
Cruise itinerary program
Pearl Mist itinerary program was initially based on Eastern Caribbean roundtrips from San Juan (Puerto Rico). The vessel currently offers USA East Coast voyages from Boston MA, as well as USA and Canada New England itineraries (“Great Lakes and Georgian Bay”, 7-day oneways and 14-day roundtrips) from homeports Chicago (Illinois USA) and Toronto (Ontario Canada).
The 210-passenger ship Pearl Mist became the ever first liner to operate roundtrip Port Everglades (Fort Lauderdale) to Cuba cruises with 10- day itineraries (January through April) and 11-day itineraries (November-December). Cuban itinerary's ports of call are Havana, Cienfuegos, Trinidad (Cuba), El Cobre, Santiago de Cuba and Casilda.
In early-January 2018, Pearl Seas Cruises announced a new itinerary along USA Maine's coast to Canada New England. The 7-night / 8-day roundtrip was from Portland ME, visiting Maine (Rockland and Eastport), New Brunswick (St Andrews and St John), Grand Manan Island (Canada, Bay of Fundy) and Bar Harbor ME. New itinerary's departure dates in 2018 were May 12, Oct. 16, Oct. 23.
- The 7-night / 8-day "Great Lakes Cruise" (from Chicago to Midland, and the reverse itinerary from Midland to Chicago) visits Michigan USA (Muskegon-Holland, Mackinac Island, Sault Sainte Marie) and Ontario Canada (Manitoulin Island / Little Current, Parry Sound, and Midland / overnight before debarkation). Cruise prices per person vary from USD 5180 (Category G cabin) to 7100 (sngle cabin).
- The 11-night / 12-day "Great Lakes and Georgian Bay Cruise" (from Chicago to Toronto, and the reverse itinerary from Toronto to Chicago) visits Michigan USA (Muskegon-Holland, seaday, Mackinac Island, Sault Sainte Marie), and Ontario Canada (Manitoulin Island / Little Current, Parry Sound, Midland, Windsor, seaday, and Toronto / Niagara Falls, and Toronto overnight before debarkation). Cruise prices per person vary from USD 7790 (Category G cabin) to 10640 (sngle cabin).
MS Pearl Mist has capacity 210 passengers and a total of 105 double staterooms (sized between 225-580 ft2 / 21-54 m2), all of which are outside, with either private step-out balcony (accessed via full-length sliding glass doors) or large opening windows and solid metal door opening to the balcony.
Passenger staterooms offer modern amenities, including Wi-Fi Internet access (complimentary, shipwide coverage), flat TV, DVD player, coffeemaker (Keurig), bedside cabinets (drawer, reading lamp, 2 built-in power outlets), writing desk with chair, phone, wardrobe with full-length mirror, private balcony (with 1 table and 2 deckchairs), full-sized en-suite bathrooms (WC, showerm single-sink vanity, haidryer, bath products - body lotion, soap, shampoo, conditioner), under sink cabinet), twice daily turndown service.
The staterooms are comfortable and the smaller categories (G, H, S-Single) are sized 275 f2 (26 m2). Excepting Category S (single cabins), all other staterooms can be booked as Triples (accommodationg 3 adults).
- Categories G-H-S cabins are sized 275 ft2 (26 m2) and located on Decks 2 and 3, with easy access to Atlantic Lounge and the Restaurant.
- Category K cabins are sized 300 ft2 (28 m2) and located on decks 3 and 4, with easy access to Pacific Lounge and outdoor deck areas. Each cabin has floor-ceiling sliding glass door opening to a balcony.
- Category L (connecting) cabins are sized 300 ft2 (28 m2) and located on deck 5. Each cabin has floor-ceiling sliding glass door opening to a balcony and adjoining doors to allow booking a 2-room accommodation.
- Category R (balcony) cabins are sized 450 ft2 (42 m2) and with premium location (on decks 3 and 4) and Triple capacity. Bonus perks include personal stewards (24-hours room service).
- Category S Single (balcony) cabins are sized 225 ft2 (21 m2).
- The ship has only 2 wheelchair-accessible cabins - on Deck 2 (Cat G) and Deck 3 (Cat H).
Shipboard dining options - Food and Drinks
Pearl Mist features only one Dining Room with all meals served in a single seating. Food is excellent, but passengers are asked to select lunch and dinner choices at breakfast, so the chef will know what has to be prepared ahead of time. However, if later you are in the mood for something different, you are not locked into your choice. The chef is flexible easily modifies most recipes to serve any dietary restriction. Waiters quickly learn who is gluten-free, who is on a low-salt diet, etc. to ensure each guest is taken care of. There is always an entree option and a vegetarian appetizer.
Shipboard entertainment options - Fun and Sport
Daytime fun aboard the Pearl Mist ship is restricted to board or card games, chats with new friends and destination lectures. Evening entertainment consists of single musical acts. On most itineraries, the ship calls at a new port every day, thus leaving little time for onboard activity. Before or after the port visits, passengers can attend an expert talk on the area's history, geography and culture. Other afternoon activities include bingo, trivia, golf putting challenge, arts&crafts and the occasional sun deck games in the Caribbean. The small bridge is open for passengers once or twice per cruise.
Pearl Mist wiki
- The ship is powered by two Caterpillar marine diesel engines (model 3516C HD), with combined power output 5,1 MW. Additionally, the power plant includes also three C18 Caterpillar diesel generator sets (50 Hz, 550-700kVA). Main engines drive (via ZF 7646 reduction gears) two propellers. Vessel's propulsion system also includes two Thrustermaster tunnel thrusters (bow).
- The vessel is managed by V-Ships Leisure USA, including staff and crew and medical services (consultants). Onboard operations are by Rescompany Systems LTD (ship property management systems, point-of-sale services, central reservation system, customer relationship management). Rescompany manages cruise bookings and reservations, gangway traffics, check-ins and check-outs.
Pearl Mist - user reviews and comments
Photos of Pearl MistAdd Photo
Pearl Mist ship related cruise news
- Cruise Industry
Pearl Seas Cruises announced its new 2018-2019 cruise catalog, including detailed information on the expanded schedule of 2019 Spring dates for line...August 16, 2018
- Cruise Industry
Transport Canada fined the small cruise ship Pearl Mist US$6,000 for sailing too fast in Gulf of St Lawrence. The Pearl Mist ship allegedly violated...September 30, 2017
- Cruise Industry
More than 100 residents of Southwest Harbor turned out in force Tuesday evening, August 15, to unanimously enact 180-days moratorium against the...August 17, 2017
- Cruise Industry
The Southwest Harbor Board of Selectman has unanimously voted in favor of a moratorium to ban cruise liners Tuesday night (July 18) following...July 20, 2017
- Cruise Industry
Havana Harbor will truly get crowded in 2017. On Thursday, December 9, Connecticut-based line Pearl Seas Cruises announced it gained...December 9, 2016
- show more news