SS Sphinx Review and Specifications
Specifications of SS Sphinx
|Year built||2020 new ship|
|Class||Nile River hotel ship|
|Owner||The Travel Corporation (TTC)|
|Operator||Uniworld River Cruises Egypt|
|Passengers||42 - 84|
|Decks with cabins||3|
Review of SS Sphinx
Uniworld Sphinx ship cruises on Nile River (in Egypt) starting in January 2020. Among the world's largest river cruise companies, Uniworld with SS Sphinx offers three 12-day cruise tour itineraries roundtrip from Cairo (flight transfer-inclusive deals Cairo-Luxor).
The shipowner Uniworld (officially "Uniworld Boutique River Cruise Collection") is a major river cruise company and subsidiary of The Travel Corporation (TTC).
UNIWORLD Nile River cruise itineraries
Ship's inaugural cruise (maiden voyage) starts on January 6, 2020. SS Sphinx operates a 12-day cruise tour itinerary (themed "SPLENDORS OF EGYPT and THE NILE") between Aswan and Luxor (northbound and southbound), with ports of call (sequence on the northbound route) Kom Ombo, Edfu, Esna, Luxor, Dendera (Qena), two cruise-inclusive flight transfers (between Cairo and Luxor) plus hotel stays in Cairo.
Next is listed riverboat's day-2-day schedule as officially announced by UNIWORLD:
- DAY 1: Arrival at Cairo Airport, optional group transfer (or private transfer), Uniworld representative meet-and-greet, escort to Four Seasons Hotel Cairo.
- DAY 2: Cairo city tour (local expert guided), excursion visiting Salah al-Din Citadel, Alabaster Mosque, Museum
- DAY 3: flight Cairo to Luxor, cruise ship embarkation, the Nile cruising to Dendera (Karnak Temple, local guide / certified Egyptologist)
- DAY 4: Dendera, Nile cruising to Luxor (excursions - Hathor Temple, Luxor Temple)
- DAY 5: Luxor, the Nile cruising to Kom Ombo (excursion - Colossi of Memnon, Hatshepsut Temple, Valley of the Kings)
- DAY 6: Kom Ombo, Nile cruising to Aswan (excursions - Kom Ombo Temple, bird watching boat tour)
- DAY 7: Aswan (excursions - Aswan High Dam, Unfinished Obelisk, Philae Temple, a felucca boat tour with afternoon tea service at Old Cataract Hotel Aswan), shipboard Nubian evening show with traditional belly-dance performers and live music
- DAY 8: Aswan, Nile cruising to Kom Ombo and Edfu (excursion - Simbel temples)
- DAY 9: Esna, Nile cruising to Luxor (guided excursion - Esna Temple)
- DAY 10: Luxor (cruise ship debarkation), airport transfer, return flight Luxor to Cairo, check-in (Four Seasons Hotel Cairo), Giza Pyramids (Sound and Light Show)
- DAY 11: Cairo (excursions - Memphis ruins, Giza Pyramids, Great Sphinx, Sakkara
- DAY 12: Cairo (departure) - hotel check-out, airport transfer, home flight, or (optional) post-cruise tour package with extension in Israel (Jerusalem).
The Sphinx cruise ship features unique designs together with an authentic approach to expedition cruising and luxury ambience. SS Sphinx has 42 suites (of which 14 French Balcony, 2 Deluxe, 2 Suite, 20 Grand, and 4 Royal Suites), man-made furniture, and contemporary facilities. She creates unforgettable experiences for passengers as the finest luxurious 5-star floating hotel.
The riverboat boasts with its deluxe Restaurant and comfortable Sundeck. Ship's three gourmet dining venues also include a private dining room and al fresco dining on the upper deck. Modern navigation technologies, highest cruise standards, and experienced crew ensure safety on the water and smooth travel.
Breakfast and lunch are served set menu or buffet-style, while for dinner guests have the option of either buffet or set menu. The cuisine features a wonderful combination of Western and Egyptian dishes. Vegetarian offers are also included. Meals consist of mostly locally purchased products like organic vegetables, exotic fruit, fish and prawns. Breakfasts may also be served on the balcony in case passengers fill-up their menu form the day before.
The Internet is available in all ship's public areas, free-of-charge. SS Sphinx is equipped with modern fitness facilities. Guests may enjoy the panoramic views while in the Lounge. Other facilities include a swimming pool, 3 Lobbies, and massage centre. Egyptian artwork, hand-carved furnishings, and fabrics bring the beauty of the region onboard.
SS Sphinx wiki
Note: You can see the CruiseMapper's list of all river cruise ships and riverboats in the "itinerary" section of our River Cruises hub. All companies and their fleets are listed there.
SS Sphinx - user reviews and comments
Photos of SS SphinxAdd Photo
SS Sphinx ship related cruise news
- Cruise Industry
Next year, Uniworld River Cruises is due to welcome 3 new boats to its European fleet (to operate from homeports Bordeaux France, Venice Italy and...June 27, 2019
- Cruise Industry
Some of the most famous rivers in the world, including the Mekong in Vietnam and the Nile in Egypt, will become the playground for new river...February 9, 2019
- show more news
Other Uniworld cruise ships
SS Sphinx User Reviews
There are no user reviews for this ship. Be first, share your experience!Write a Review