Sea Princess Review and Specifications
Specifications of Sea Princess
|Year built||1998 / Age : 20|
|Builder||Fincantieri (Monfalcone, Italy)|
|Building cost||USD 300 million|
|Owner||Carnival Corporation & PLC|
|Speed||22 kn / 41 kph / 25 mph|
|Length (LOA)||261 m / 856 ft|
|Beam (width)||32 m / 105 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||77499 gt|
|Passengers||2014 - 2417|
|Decks with cabins||7|
|Christened by||Caroline McPhail, Joana Lumley|
Current itinerary of Sea Princess
Sea Princess current cruise is 28 days, round-trip Round Australia. The itinerary starts on 30 Sep, 2018 and ends on 28 Oct, 2018.
|Date / Time||Port|
|30 Sep||Departing from Sydney, NSW Australia|
|02 Oct 07:00 - 16:00||Melbourne, Victoria Australia|
|03 Oct 08:00 - 17:00||Burnie, Tasmania|
|04 Oct 12:00 - 21:00||Hobart, Tasmania|
|06 Oct 12:00 - 21:00||Adelaide, South Australia|
|09 Oct 07:00 - 16:00||Albany, Western Australia|
|10 Oct 09:00 - 18:00||Margaret River, Western Australia|
|11 Oct 08:00 - 23:00||Fremantle, Perth, Western Australia|
|15 Oct 02:00 - 16:00||Broome, Kimberley, Western Australia|
|18 Oct 07:00 - 16:00||Darwin, NT Australia|
|21 Oct 10:00 - 19:00||Cairns, Queensland Australia|
|23 Oct 07:00 - 16:00||Alotau, Papua New Guinea|
|26 Oct 07:00 - 17:00||Brisbane, Queensland Australia|
|28 Oct||Arriving in Sydney, NSW Australia|
Review of Sea Princess
History - construction and ownership
Princess Cruises is an US cruise company headquartered in Beverly Hills CA. A former subsidiary of P&O Princess Cruises (founded 1977), in 2003, the company merged with Carnival Corporation - world's largest passenger shipping company. Among Princess Cruises assets is the Caribbean private island resort Princess Cays (on Bahamas Eleuthera Island's southern end), located approx 80 km (50 ml) Nassau.
The 77,499-ton, 1,950-passenger Sea Princess features middle-size style and more classical facilities that make her a good choice for cruise guest who like to feel they are onboard of an ocean-going cruise liner rather than a theme park at sea. Sea Princess is a comfortable, welcoming, lovely cruise ship with an atrium zone and Vista Lounge among the most attractive at sea. Classical afternoon teas, very good steak-and-chips dinners (both in the pay-per-use Steak House and in the no-extra-fee major dining venues), BBC costume dramas on the TV and U.K.-focused amusement programme make Sea Princess cruise ship feel like a home away from home for British cruisers. This is a real achievement for a cruise line that has traditionally catered mostly to Americans.
Cruise itinerary program
Sea Princess itinerary program is based on Australia and New Zealand cruises, departing from Sydney, Fremantle and Brisbane cruise ports. The ship also operates on round-trip World Cruises leaving from Australia to Asia and Europe.
Sea Princess will operate the company's longest (106-night) world cruise departing from Sydney Australia on June 5, 2018. The itinerary includes 40 port destinations in 27 countries, including new ports in Greenland and Canada. This also marks Princess Cruises' 10th anniversary of around the world cruising.
Most Sea Princess staterooms are 145-sq.foot insides rooms (396). Almost 80% of ship's outside accommodations have private balcony views. There are a total of 1008 staterooms in 27 categories. 19 are the wheelchair accessible rooms. The largest aboard Sea Princess are the Balcony Suites (470 ft2).
Shipboard dining options - Food and Drinks
The Rigoletto and Traviata Dining Rooms are virtually identical, differing only in their decor color. Both rooms contain etched glass panels and lovely wood, creating a feeling of intimate dining. The food preparation is of very good quality, beautifully presented and varied. Vegetarian selections are excellent, desserts - superb. A good selection of healthy items is provided every night. Waiters are friendly and helpful. The popular dining venue, Horizon Court, is open 24 hours a day. Horizon Court is situated one deck above ship's swimming area. The buffet is tiny by new-ship standards, but offers excellent breakfast options from 4 a.m. to 11:30 a.m., along with abundance of fruits and breads, and European specialties.
Follows the complete list of Sea Princess restaurants and food bars.
- Rigoletto Restaurant (dinner only, aft Dining Room, with 2 fixed seatings - 5:30 and 7:45 p.m.)
- Traviata Restaurant (aft Dining Room open for Breakfast 7:30 p.m. - 9:30 a.m., Lunch 12 p.m. - 1 p.m., Afternoon Tea 3:30 p.m. -4:30 p.m., with 2 fixed Dinner seatings- at 5:45 p.m. or 7:45 p.m.)
- Cafe Corniche (Italian Pizzeria, complimentary)
- Horizon Court (self service buffet restaurant, complimentary)
- Sterling Steakhouse (specialty restaurant)
- Riviera Grill Bar (fast food bar, complimentary).
Shipboard entertainment options - Fun and Sport
Sea Princess daytime offerings include all the cruise standards: trivia, art auctions, board and card games, cocktail-making demos. However, Princess also provides a variety of themed "@Sea" events. Computers@Sea is the main, teaching photo editing, beginning computer and even movie making. Common Interest@Sea features social get-togethers by profession, interests or lifestyle. Ballroom@Sea classes teach passengers to dance. Scholarship@Sea offers educational lectures on diverse topics as astronomy, destination information, bridge play. There are also @Sea events for games, ceramics, scrapbooking and book discussions. A special offering is Sea's Ultimate Ship Tour, taking guests behind the scenes onboard to places like the bridge, galley, backstage of the theater, funnel and engine control room. The 3-hour tour costs AUD175 and participants receive luxurious bath robe, personalized stationery, official chef's jacket and a framed photo with the captain.
Follows the complete list of Sea Princess lounges, clubs and other entertainment venues for kids, teens and adults.
- The Grand Piazza Atrium (4-deck open floor area; features live performances entertainment and lobby Bar Piazza)
- Explores Bar (offers specialty coffees, desserts, pastries, wine, liquor)
- Atrium Boutiques (Latitudes Shop)
- Art Gallery; Photo Gallery & Shop; Platinum Studio
- Internet Cafe (24-hour), Card Room
- Princess Sea Theatre (musical and show productions; hosts workshops, seminars, gameshows)
- Razzmatazz Disco & Nightclub
- Princess Sea Monte Carlo Casino
- Atrium Lounge; Vista Lounge & Bar
- Wheelhouse Bar (piano bar during the day and an English pub nightly)
- Premier Cru Bar (wine bar); Sundaes Bar; Seaview Bar
- Sea’s Oasis Spa complex; Beauty Salon; Fitness Center (with Aerobics Studio)
- Movies Under the Stars (LED screen outdoor cinema)
- Video Games Arcade; Teen Center; Youth Center with Paddling Pool and outdoor playing areas
- The Sanctuary (adult-only open air area); Riviera Pool area
- Sports Court (volleyball, basketball, European football); Shuffleboard, Golf Net; Princess Links mini golf course.
Sea Princess 2017 refurbishment review
- All passenger cabins received new bedding (all beds were replaced with Princess Luxury Bed).
- A new cabin category ("Club Class Mini Suite") was introduced.
- New (larger) outdoor sreen "Movies under the Stars" was installed
- Theater Lounge's evening program was upgraded with a new evening production show (the musical "Encore") and a new singing competition show ("The Voice of the Ocean") with live band music performances. The ship's Theatre was outfitted with a LED wall (sized 15x5 m / 49x16 ft) allowing dynamic media projection that enhances the evening shows.
- The ship's kids and teen lounges (part of "Camp Discovery") were renovated and updated via partnership with Discovery Channel (as part of Princess Cruises' complimentary onboard children program "Discovery at Sea").
- Cafe Corniche (deck 9) menu was updated by adding new classic Italian dishes.
- Wheelhouse Bar (deck 7) was re-decorated and its menu updated.
Sea Princess wiki
- Princess Cruises Sea ship was built in 1998, and was named by a Lady Caroline McPhail, the wife of P&O Cruises Managing Director, Sir Bruce McPhail. The vessel is from the line's oldest Sun-class series. Her Princess sisters are Dawn (Pacific Explorer since 2017) and Sun, and also the P&O Oceana ship.
- Ties between P&O and Princess were made even stronger, when the Sea cruise ship changed ownership to P&O UK and was renamed to Adonia (in the period December 2002 - January 2003). In May 2005, the ship was turned back to the Princess fleet, taking back her old name of "Sea Princess". Godmother of the "old-new" ship this time was the British actress Joana Lumley.
- In September 2009, from the 11th till the 25th, the vessel was dry-docked in port San Francisco California, at Pier 70. Her rudders, thrusters and propellers were refurbished, as well as some public places. For instance, The Sanctuary replaced the Splash pool, and the outdoor space at the bow side of the deck above the Horizon Court buffet was turned into Oasis of tranquility. The process was shot by a National Geographic team in its series "World's Toughest Fixes".
- The Sea Princess World Cruise 2015 itinerary was from Australia (leaving out of Sydney AU, on a round-trip westbound route). It visited ports in Asia, Europe (Mediterranean and UK), Suez Canal transition, Transatlantic crossing (Europe to USA and Caribbean), followed by a Panama Canal transit.
- The World Cruise 2016 itinerary (66 days, July 6 through August 28) started from Southampton England and ended in Sydney Australia (Transatlantic crossing, Panama Canal transition), visiting ports in North America, Caribbean and South America. The Princess Cruises' ever longest World Voyage was also marked by the biggest drug bust on cruise ship ever. Upon disembarkation in Sydney Harbor, the Australian police found 95 kilos of cacaine in the suitecases of 3 cruise passengers (CruiseMapper news link).
- In 2017, Sea Princess became the company's ever-first ship circumnavigating of South America roundtrip from Australia. The unique itinerary visited a total of 28 ports in 18 different countries, and included overnight stays in Lima Peru, Buenos Aires Argentina and Rio de Janeiro Brazil (during Carnivale 2017). The 84-night "Circle South America" cruise was offered from 3 departure ports - Brisbane AU, Auckland NZ or Sydney AU, and departed in January 2017 (left Sydney NSW on Jan 11).
- In November 2017, Sea Princess sailed to Singapore for a 16-day refurbishment including new bedding, dining and entertainment. All cabins onboard were fitted with Princess Luxury Beds, developed by Dr Michael Breus, a US sleep expert. Sea Princess boasts a new Movies under the Stars Screen with premium picture, extreme wide-angel and advanced light sensors delivering double the image quality of previous systems.The Encore musical made its Sea stage debut. Directed and choreographed by world-famous creative director Danny Teeson, it celebrates the traditions of opera, pop and musical theatre via stunning sets, elaborate costumes and fresh songs. Sea Princess also received a new show named The Voice of the Ocean which offers interactive in-show experience and the iconic rotating chairs. The ship boasts 3 reimagined youth centres for younger cruisers, via partnership with Discovery Channel, and designed specifically for kids and teens as part of the line's Discovery at Sea program. Café’ Corniche menu was transformed to reflect classic Italian flavours. The Wheelhouse Bar features a revised décor and new menu, inspired by the Victorian and Prohibition eras.
- In 2018, Sea Princess had scheduled the company's longest (106-night) world cruise departing from Sydney Australia on June 5, 2018. The itinerary included 40 ports in 27 countries. This also marked Princess Cruises' 10th anniversary of around the world cruising.
Sea Princess - user reviews and comments
Photos of Sea PrincessAdd Photo
Sea Princess ship related cruise news
- Cruise Industry
Princess Cruises and P&O Cruises Australia, subsidiaries of Carnival Corporation & plc, will charter 3 cruise ships to house delegates to...October 17, 2018
- Cruise Industry
Princess Cruises revealed their 2020 winter programme featuring 2 world cruises onboard two ships, calling at a total of 90 destinations. The...September 27, 2018
An elderly woman has been airlifted by a rescue helicopter from a Princess Cruises ship, off the NSW coast. Westpac Life Saver Rescue helicopter has...March 13, 2018
About 200 people were struck down with gastro outbreak onboard a Princess Cruises ship which is set to dock in Brisbane tomorrow, January 4. Sea...January 3, 2018
- Cruise Industry
Sea Princess emerged from a 2-week dry dock in Singapore with a brand new look on her bow, new dining and entertainment options plus luxury beds in...November 9, 2017
A Quebec woman was sentenced Friday, November 3, to seven-and-a-half years behind bars for importing a large amount of cocaine into Australia...November 4, 2017
- Cruise Industry
Princess Cruises announced that Sea Princess will get an upgrade in November. The vessel will sail to Singapore for a 16-day refurbishment...September 3, 2017
Sea Princess guests were veiled in darkness for ten days as the cruise ship prepared for pirate attack. The ship of Princess...August 8, 2017
Several passengers onboard an Australian cruise ship sailing to Barbados were confined to their staterooms after a virus outbreak. A gastroenteritis...March 4, 2017
One of 3 Quebecers accused of trying to import large amount of cocaine into Australia in 2016 while on a cruise remains in custody until...February 24, 2017
- show more news
Other Princess Cruises cruise ships
Sea Princess Itineraries
The below listed Sea Princess cruise prices on itineraries are only indicative and Per Person (in US dollars, based on double occupancy). These are the cheapest Princess Cruises fares on the ship’s lowest category cabins available for booking. Cruise fares typically change with departure dates approaching, last minute deals, discounts, promotions, independent travel agency offers.
|Date||Cruise Name||Departure Port||Price from|
|2018 Sep 30||28 days, round-trip Round Australia||Sydney|
|2018 Sep 30||11 days, one-way from Sydney to Fremantle||Sydney|
|2018 Oct 11||17 days, one-way from Fremantle to Sydney||Fremantle|
|2018 Oct 28||13 days, round-trip New Zealand||Sydney|
|2018 Nov 22||3 days, round-trip Australia Getaway||Brisbane|
|2018 Nov 25||14 days, round-trip New Zealand||Brisbane||$1529|
|2018 Dec 09||7 days, round-trip Queensland||Brisbane||$859|
|2018 Dec 16||11 days, round-trip Papua New Guinea||Brisbane||$1989|
|2018 Dec 27||14 days, round-trip New Zealand||Brisbane||$1929|
|2019 Jan 10||10 days, round-trip New Caledonia & Vanuatu||Brisbane||$1139|
|2019 Jan 20||14 days, round-trip New Zealand||Brisbane||$1389|
|2019 Feb 03||11 days, round-trip Papua New Guinea||Brisbane||$1189|
|2019 Feb 14||3 days, round-trip Australia Getaway||Brisbane||$369|
|2019 Feb 17||7 days, round-trip Queensland||Brisbane||$859|
|2019 Feb 24||14 days, round-trip New Zealand||Brisbane||$1469|
|2019 Mar 10||28 days, round-trip Round Australia||Brisbane|
|2019 Mar 10||2 days, one-way from Brisbane to Sydney||Brisbane||$239|
|2019 Mar 12||28 days, round-trip Round Australia||Sydney|
|2019 Mar 12||11 days, one-way from Sydney to Fremantle||Sydney|
|2019 Mar 23||17 days, one-way from Fremantle to Sydney||Fremantle|
|2019 Apr 07||4 days, round-trip Australia Getaway||Brisbane||$749|
|2019 Apr 09||35 days, round-trip Hawaii, Tahiti & South Pacific||Sydney||$4579|
|2019 Apr 09||31 days, one-way from Sydney to Auckland||Sydney||$4469|
|2019 Apr 11||35 days, round-trip Hawaii, Tahiti & South Pacific||Brisbane||$4479|
|2019 May 10||107 days, round-trip World Cruise - Roundtrip Auckland||Auckland||$17699|
|2019 May 10||60 days, one-way from Auckland to Dover||Auckland||$12029|
|2019 May 14||107 days, round-trip World Cruise - Roundtrip Sydney||Sydney||$17709|
|2019 May 14||68 days, one-way from Sydney to New York||Sydney|
|2019 May 14||56 days, one-way from Sydney to Dover||Sydney||$10569|
|2019 May 14||22 days, one-way from Sydney to Dubai||Sydney|
|2019 May 16||107 days, round-trip World Cruise - Roundtrip Brisbane||Brisbane||$17709|
|2019 May 16||54 days, one-way from Brisbane to Dover||Brisbane|
|2019 Jun 05||34 days, one-way from Dubai to Dover||Dubai|
|2019 Jul 09||53 days, one-way from Dover to Brisbane||Dover||$10089|
|2019 Jul 09||51 days, one-way from Dover to Sydney||Dover|
|2019 Jul 09||47 days, one-way from Dover to Auckland||Dover|
|2019 Jul 09||12 days, one-way from Dover to New York||Dover|
|2019 Jul 21||39 days, one-way from New York to Sydney||New York|
|2019 Aug 25||35 days, round-trip Hawaii, Tahiti & South Pacific||Auckland||$4419|
|2019 Aug 29||35 days, round-trip Hawaii, Tahiti & South Pacific||Sydney||$4419|
|2019 Aug 31||35 days, round-trip Hawaii, Tahiti & South Pacific||Brisbane||$4369|
|2019 Sep 29||4 days, one-way from Auckland to Sydney||Auckland||$389|
|2019 Oct 03||28 days, round-trip Round Australia||Sydney||$3549|
|2019 Oct 03||2 days, one-way from Sydney to Brisbane||Sydney||$249|
|2019 Oct 05||29 days, round-trip Round Australia||Brisbane||$3639|
|2019 Oct 31||3 days, one-way from Sydney to Brisbane||Sydney||$349|
|2019 Nov 03||14 days, round-trip New Zealand||Brisbane||$1459|
|2019 Nov 17||7 days, round-trip Queensland||Brisbane||$879|
|2019 Nov 24||14 days, round-trip New Zealand||Brisbane||$1459|
|2019 Dec 08||11 days, round-trip Papua New Guinea||Brisbane||$1269|
|2019 Dec 19||10 days, round-trip New Caledonia & Vanuatu||Brisbane||$1429|
|2019 Dec 29||14 days, round-trip New Zealand||Brisbane||$1909|
|2020 Jan 12||11 days, round-trip Papua New Guinea||Brisbane||$1319|
|2020 Jan 23||10 days, round-trip Tasmania||Brisbane||$1079|
|2020 Feb 02||14 days, round-trip New Zealand||Brisbane||$1459|
|2020 Feb 16||7 days, round-trip Queensland||Brisbane||$879|
|2020 Feb 23||14 days, round-trip New Zealand||Brisbane||$1509|
|2020 Mar 08||28 days, round-trip Round Australia||Brisbane||$3469|
|2020 Mar 08||2 days, one-way from Brisbane to Sydney||Brisbane||$199|
|2020 Mar 10||28 days, round-trip Round Australia||Sydney||$3719|
|2020 Apr 05||4 days, round-trip Australia Getaway||Brisbane||$399|
|2020 Apr 07||35 days, round-trip Hawaii, Tahiti & South Pacific||Sydney||$4649|
|2020 Apr 07||31 days, one-way from Sydney to Auckland||Sydney||$4189|
|2020 Apr 09||35 days, round-trip Hawaii, Tahiti & South Pacific||Brisbane||$4649|