Stena Skane ferry current position
Stena Skane ferry current location is at Baltic Sea (coordinates 54.15807 N / 12.10167 E) cruising en route to SETRG<>DERSK. The AIS position was reported 2 minutes ago.Current Position
Specifications of Stena Skane ferry
|Year built||1998 / Age: 22|
|Builder||Navantia Puerto Real Shipyard (Cadiz, Spain)|
|Class||cruiseferry (Ro-Pax ship)|
|Ferry route / homeports||Rostock-Trelleborg|
|Owner||Stena AB Group (via Stena RoRo)|
|Speed||21 kn / 39 kph / 24 mph|
|Length (LOA)||199 m / 653 ft|
|Beam (width)||30 m / 98 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||42558 gt|
Stena Skane ferry Review
Review of Stena Skane ferry
MS Stena Skane ferry is a Ro-Pax passenger vessel operated by the Sweden-based company STENA LINE. The ship has a max capacity of 600 passengers, 500 cars and 220 lorries. The vessel was launched in 1998 and currently operates on the Sweden-Germany ferry route Trelleborg-Rostock (crossing time 6-7 hours). The route is operated with 2 ships (Skane and Mecklenburg-Vorpommern) and total 40 weekly crossings.
As cruise ferry, Stena Skane has a total of 600 berths in 150 cabins. All staterooms are air-conditioned and with en-suite bathrooms. The cabins (inside and outside) have a max capacity of 4 passengers. The ferry company provides bed linens, towels, and toiletries. Some staterooms are wheelchair-accessible (adapted for disabled passengers). The ship also offers "pet-friendly" cabins.
Stena Skane stateroom categories include:
- 1-berth / Single Outside (1 lower bed, Picture window)
- 2-berth "Disabled Cabin" / Twin Outside (1 lower bed, 1 bunk bed for an assisting person, Picture window)
- 4-berth "Pet Cabin" / Quad Inside (4 beds / 2 lower + 2 upper, no window)
- (103 cabins) 2-berth / Twin Inside (2 bunk beds, no window)
- (40 cabins) 2-berth / Twin Outside (2 bunk beds, Picture window)
- 4-berth "Trucker Cabin" / Quad Inside (4 bunk beds / 2 lower + 2 upper, no window)
- 4-berth Family Cabin / Quad Outside (4 bunk beds / 2 lower + 2 uppers, Picture window)
- 2-berth / Deluxe Outside (double bed, 2 windows, minibar, flat TV)
- All cabins are equipped with the luxury DUX beds and mattresses, Hansgrohe bathroom faucets and showerheads, phones, desk (mirrored vanity table with chair), open wardrobe.
For reserved seating, passengers can upgrade to the Stena Plus Lounge. Reserved seat deals are inclusive of airline type seats (fully reclining leather armchairs), complimentary hot and cold beverages (coffee, specialty teas, soft drinks, wine by the glass), snacks, newspapers, magazines.
All passengers must vacate their staterooms 30 min prior to homeport arrival.
Shipboard dining and entertainment options
As facilities, the Stena Skane ship offers:
- Metropolitan Grill (serves hot food, fish and chips, pizza, jacket potato, pie, and mash. Kids menus, vegan, vegetarian and gluten-free meals are also available.
- Barista Coffee Bar (patisserie/specialty coffee bar selling sandwiches, cakes, pastries, fruit salads, yogurt, ice cream, hot/cold drinks)
- Metropolitan Bar (serves a range of wines and European beers)
- Children's Room (indoor soft play playground for kids) is fitted with large TV for watching cartoons, toys, and games, and offers supervised activities.
- Cinema (tickets can be purchased from Information Desk on Lobby Deck)
- Teen Town (video games room with arcade machines)
- Truckers Lounge (truck drivers only bar lounge and restaurant)
- Stena Shopping Center (gifts, souvenirs, spirits, wines, tobaccos, brand perfumes and cosmetics, skin care products, leather goods, toys, confectionery, fashion clothing and accessories, gadgets and electronics, designer watches, sunglasses and jewelry, convenience goods and travel essentials). Onboard retail shopping promotions are often held and provide up to 50% discounted pricing on big brand merchandise.
- Health Club (Spa with massage and sauna rooms)
- free Wi-Fi service, ATM/cash machine (next to Information Desk / Reception).
- Dog Hotel (booths for dogs with outdoor exercise area)
- Forward-midship on the top deck (Heli Deck) there is a helipad - helicopter landing area used in cases of emergency.
- All bars and lounges are fitted with large flat TVs and comfortable seating.
All onboard emergency instructions are displayed in staterooms, on the TV screens and at the ship's assembly stations (aka muster stations). Life jackets are issued at the assembly stations. In case of emergency, the use of elevators/passenger lifts is forbidden.
STENA ferry deals
Follows a list of discounts and special offers provided by Stena Line (direct bookings only).
- On the routes Holland-UK (Hook of Holland-Harwich, day voyages only), Denmark-Norway (Frederikshavn-Oslo, Monday to Friday only), Denmark-Sweden (Grenaa-Varberg) and Germany-Sweden (Rugen Island / Sassnitz-Trelleborg and Rostock-Trelleborg), passengers can ferry caravans free of charge. This discount applies to the car plus caravan fares and can't be combined with other offers.
- Motorhomes can be ferried between UK and Holland priced as cars (day voyages only).
- STENA's train and ferry deals offer discounted pricing on train travel to London (fares subject to availability). STENA issues e-tickets (not separate train tickets) and the passenger's self-printed e-ticket serves as a train ticket. Dutch Railways tickets (to and from the port) can't be included in the ferry booking. These e-tickets are not valid on private UK rail carriers. Intercity Direct and ICE trains are with extra charge.
- Special meals (vegan, vegetarian, kosher, halal food, gluten- or lactose-free foods) can be pre-ordered on the UK-Holland route Harwich-Hook of Holland. All the ingredients used for these special meals are verified by their manufacturers. Vegetarian meals contain dairy products, eggs, vegetables. Muslim meals don't contain pork (or by-products) as well as food containing alcohol. Special food orders must be made 48 hours prior departure (via email upon booking or by calling +31 (0)174 - 315 811).
- In 2013, the ships Britannica and Hollandica were equipped each with 2 electric car charging points (3,7 kW 16A, Euro standard Type 2). However, these charging points can't be pre-booked. Charging an electric car on the ship is free of charge and takes 4-6 hours. Only on the ships Britannica and Hollandica, change machines (ATM by GWK Travelex) are available, located in the lobby area (Deck 9, opposite the Reception Desk).
- Only on the ships serving the Denmark-Norway route (Frederikshavn-Oslo), there are power connections (at a fee) for caravan fridges and freezers.
- Hand luggage restrictions per person (carried in the ship's public areas) max dimensions 60x50x40 cm and up to 12 kg. Foot passengers are allowed to bring only 2 pieces of extra luggage (up to 20 kg), checked-in on day voyages (unless there is a booked cabin). Car passengers must leave their luggage in the vehicle. Remember that car decks are closed during the voyage. Any extra baggage will be surcharged.
- All STENA ships allow boarding with LPG-fueled vehicles ("liquefied petroleum gas").
- The company doesn't allow 36-weeks pregnant women to travel, as well as 34 weeks pregnant when expecting more than one baby.
- Passengers with restricted mobility will be assisted prior departure and also onboard. Such passengers must contact the company's staff at least 48 hours prior to departure (via email or by calling +31 (0)174-315811). Wheelchair passengers must arrive at the port at least 2 hours prior to departure and go to the company's check-in desk.
- Bicycles can be ferried (at a fee) on all STENA ships and on all routes.
- Tickets with blank return date are not offered. However, it is possible to book "open ticket" with a temporary date, that can be changed later to the actual return date.
- STENA LINE's deals are categorized as "Economy", "Flexi" and "Premium". ECONOMY fares are always the cheapest, but with an amendment fee and without refund for changes and cancellations. FLEXI fares allow changes to be made to your booking at no cost. Passengers only pay the difference in fare, with the option of a full refund for canceling. PREMIUM fares (depending on routes) offer different bonus perks, such as express boarding and disembarkation, Stena Plus Lounge seats, included Breakfast. PREMIUM deals are not available on the routes Sassnitz / Rostock-Trelleborg, Grenaa-Varberg, Nynashamn-Ventspils (Latvia), and Travemunde-Liepaja (Latvia). PREMIUM fares on the route Hook of Holland-Harwich are inclusive of Stena Plus Lounge seat and Breakfast (on night voyages only).
Pets on the ship
Pets (dogs, cats, and ferrets) can be ferried on all STENA ships, but some requirements depend on the itinerary (destination).
- Pets are not allowed in passenger cabins unless the stateroom is "pet-friendly" (usually a 2-bed dog's cabin).
- All ships have a dog toilet.
- At all times during the voyage, dogs must be leashed and muzzled, and never left alone.
- Guide dogs travel for free and are allowed on all passenger decks and in the owners' cabin (but must wear a harness or jacket).
- On STENA ferries serving Scandinavian routes (to Sweden, Norway, Latvia) must have valid EU pet passport with standard information about the animal's identity, vaccinations (other treatments). Pets also must have approved microchip (or tattoo) and rabies vaccination by an authorized veterinarian. Pets traveling to Norway must be treated for tapeworm. Passengers with pets must arrive at the port at least 1 hour prior to departure.
- On STENA ferries to England and Ireland, passengers with pets must arrive at the port at least 2 hours prior departure. For all other routes, this time is 1 - 1,5 hours. All animals are subject to the UK Pet Travel scheme rules and must be at least 15 weeks old. EU pet passport and microchips are required. Car passengers can ferry up to 5 animals (per vehicle). These cars receive a colored hanger (placed on the windscreen rear-view mirror until customs are cleared in each port). Pets in vehicles must remain inside at all times. Foot passengers are allowed up to 5 pets, but the pre-booking of an onboard kennel is required. Children traveling with an animal must be 16 years old. When traveling with 6 or more animals, they must be at least 6 months old.
- All STENA ships have onboard kennels, of which 7 big (100x97x94 cm), 2x medium-sized (100x64x108 cm) and 16 small (100x65x50 cm). All cabins provide TV monitoring of the kennels. Visits of the pet during the voyage are recommended.
Cargo decks serve road vehicles (cars, trucks, trailers) and trains (freight decks 2 to 7). On Deck 2 there are 1 train track (204 lane meters) plus 204 lane meters for trailers. Main Train Deck (3) has capacity 916 lane meters for trains (6 rail tracks) plus 1011 lane meters for trailers. Lower Trailer Deck (5) has a capacity 1162 lane meters. Upper Trailer Deck (7) has a capacity 918 lane meters. Access to Deck 5 is by a massive lift (platform length 104 m / 341 ft, lifting capacity 816 tons). The ship has 2 car decks (6 and 7).
Follows a list of car decks related safety procedures:
- Disabled passengers or those requiring specific assistance should visit the ship's Information Desk (open 24-hours).
- Apply handbrake and place the vehicle in park or 1st gear position. Switch off the ignition, alarm, electrical equipment, headlights. Gas cylinders, if any, must be switched off. Lock the vehicle.
- From your vehicle take only valuables and essential hand baggage.
- Make a note of your vehicle's location and garage deck number/stairway before leaving the car deck.
- Access to the ship's vehicle (cargo) decks during the voyage is prohibited.
- Smoking on vehicle decks, as well as in cabins and passenger lounges is forbidden.
- Wait for the onboard announcement before returning to your vehicle.
- In order to avoid air pollution, don't start the engine until instructed.
The shipowner Stena Line (founded in 1962, headquartered in Gothenburg, Sweden) is one of the world's largest ferry companies, providing freight and travel services on the Northern Europe's routes that connect UK, Ireland, Denmark, Germany, Latvia, Holland, Norway, Sweden, Poland. Stena Line current fleet includes the ships Mecklenburg-Vorpommern, Scottish Viking, Adventurer, Baltica, Britannica, EFlexer (Estrid, Edda), Europe, Flavia, Germanica, Hollandica, Horizon, Jutlandica, Lagan, Mersey, Nautica, Saga, Scandinavica, Skane, Spirit, Superfast VII, Superfast VIII, Superfast X, Vision.
Stena Skane ferry - user reviews and comments
Photos of Stena Skane ferryAdd Photo
Other STENA LINE cruise ships
Stena Skane ferry Wiki
The vessel was launched on August 9, 1997, and delivered on June 22, 1998. It is named after Sweden's southernmost province. The ship was designed by the company Knud Hansen (Denmark) and is powered by 4x MAN marine diesel engines (model 8L48-60, combined output 28,98 MW).
When launched, this ship was the world's largest RoRo-Pax-Train ferry. It has a cargo capacity of 3295 lane meters for road vehicles (cars, trucks and trailers, max weight 2630 tons) plus 1110 lane meters for freight trains (rolling stock, max weight 3330 tons).
This ferry was specifically designed to serve SCANDLINES on the Baltic Sea route Rostock-Trelleborg, achieving crossing time of 75 min (at 21 km speed) which service allows 5 round-trips to be operated each day. The ship's propulsion consists of 3 thrusters and 2 controllable pitch propellers. To be able to access Port Trelleborg via its long and narrow channel, the vessel has a duplicate (bow-located) rudder and a duplicate (aft-located) Navigation Bridge allowing it to navigate in reverse.
During refurbishment 2020 (EUR 2,5 million), STENA's Skane ship received Japan-made sleeping pods that can be booked by passengers to sleep and rest during ferry crossings. The cube-shaped sleeping pods are inspired by Japan's popular "capsule hotels". Each pod is sized 2 m2 and as amenities offer 1 berth (for 1 person), mattress, bed linens, controlled air-conditioning, USB charging station dock, WiFi. Luggage is stored outside (in the Lobby's lockers). During the refurb were also renovated all cabins and public areas (hallways, dining venues) and a Newsroom was added.
Stena Skane ferry User Reviews
There are no user reviews for this ship. Be first, share your experience!Write a Review