Stena Flavia ferry current position
Stena Flavia ferry current location is at Baltic Sea (coordinates 56.52741 N / 20.99328 E) cruising en route to LVLPX<>DETRV. The AIS position was reported 10 minutes ago.Current Position
Specifications of Stena Flavia ferry
|Year built||2008 / Age: 15|
|Builder||Cantiere Navale Visentini (Porto Viro / Porto Levante, Italy)|
|Class||cruiseferry (Ro-Pax ship)|
|Ferry route / homeports||Travemunde-Liepaja|
|Engines (power)||MAN (21.6 MW / 28966 hp)|
|Speed||24 kn / 44 kph / 28 mph|
|Length (LOA)||186 m / 610 ft|
|Beam (width)||26 m / 85 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||26904 gt|
|Decks with cabins||1|
|Sister-ships||Stena Livia, Stena Horizon, Stena Scandica, Stena Baltica|
|Former names||Pilar del Mar, Watling Street|
|Owner||Stena AB (via Stena RoRo AB)|
|Operator||STENA LINE (via Stena Ropax Ltd)|
Stena Flavia ferry Review
Review of Stena Flavia ferry
MS Stena Flavia ferry is a Ro-Pax passenger vessel operated by the Sweden-based company STENA LINE. The ship has a max capacity of 830 passengers, 200 cars and 115 lorries (semi-trailer trucks). The vessel was launched in 2008 and currently operates on the Germany-Latvia route Travemunde-Liepaja (crossing time ~20 hours).
As cruise ferry, Stena Flavia has a total of 103 cabins (inside and outside, max capacity of 4 passengers), all of which are air-conditioned and with en-suite bathrooms. The ferry company provides bed linens, towels, toiletries. Some staterooms are wheelchair-accessible (adapted for disabled passengers). The ship also offers "pet-friendly" cabins.
Stena Flavia stateroom categories include:
- 2-berth / Animal Inside / Pet Cabin (2 lower beds, no window)
- 4-berth / Animal Inside / Pet Cabin (4 bunk beds / 2 lower + 2 upper, no window)
- 2-berth / Twin Outside Disabled (2 lower beds, Picture window)
- 4-berth / Quad Inside (4 bunk beds / 2 lower + 2 upper, no window) - categories Unisex, Gents, and Ladies
- 4-berth / Quad Outside (4 bunk beds / 2 lower + 2 upper, Picture window) - categories Unisex, Gents, and Ladies
- 4-berth Outside Family Cabin (4 bunk beds / 2 lower + 2 upper / 2 adults + 2 kids, Picture window)
All cabins are equipped with luxury DUX beds and mattresses, Hansgrohe bathroom faucets and showerheads, phones, TVs (satellite reception), desk (mirrored vanity table with chair), open wardrobe.
For reserved seating, passengers can upgrade to Stena Plus Lounge (total capacity 124 seats - Public Room / 88 seats, and Silent Room / 36 seats). Reserved seat deals are inclusive of airline-type seats (fully reclining leather armchairs), complimentary hot and cold beverages (coffee, specialty teas, soft drinks, wine by the glass), snacks, newspapers, magazines.
All passengers must vacate their staterooms 30 min prior to homeport arrival.
Shipboard dining and entertainment options
As facilities, the Stena Flavia ship offers:
- Free Flow Restaurant (self-service buffet, hot and cold meals, kids menus)
- Barista Coffee Bar (patisserie/specialty coffee bar selling sandwiches, cakes, pastries, fruit salads, yogurt, ice cream, hot/cold drinks)
- Children's Room (indoor soft play playground for kids fitted with large TV for watching cartoons, toys, and games, supervised activities)
- Stena Shopping Center (gifts, souvenirs, spirits, wines, tobaccos, brand perfumes and cosmetics, skincare products, leather goods, toys, confectionery, fashion clothing and accessories, gadgets and electronics, designer watches, sunglasses and jewelry, convenience goods and travel essentials). Onboard retail shopping promotions are often held and provide up to 50% discounted pricing on big brand merchandise.
- Truckers Lounge (truck drivers-only bar lounge and restaurant)
- free Wi-Fi service, ATM/cash machine (next to Information Desk / Reception).
- Midship on its top deck (Heli Deck) there is a helipad - helicopter landing area used in cases of emergency.
- All bars and lounges are fitted with large TVs and comfortable seating.
All onboard emergency instructions are displayed in staterooms, on the TV screens and at the ship's assembly stations (aka muster stations). Life jackets are issued at the assembly stations. In case of emergency, the use of elevators/passenger lifts is forbidden.
STENA ferry deals
Follows a list of discounts and special offers provided by Stena Line (direct bookings only).
- On the routes Holland-UK (Hook of Holland-Harwich, day voyages only), Denmark-Norway (Frederikshavn-Oslo, Monday to Friday only), Denmark-Sweden (Grenaa-Varberg) and Germany-Sweden (Rugen Island / Sassnitz-Trelleborg and Rostock-Trelleborg), passengers can ferry caravans free of charge. This discount applies to the car plus caravan fares and can't be combined with other offers.
- Motorhomes can be ferried between UK and Holland priced as cars (day voyages only).
- STENA's train and ferry deals offer discounted pricing on train travel to London (fares subject to availability). STENA issues e-tickets (not separate train tickets) and the passenger's self-printed e-ticket serves as a train ticket. Dutch Railways tickets (to and from the port) can't be included in the ferry booking. These e-tickets are not valid on private UK rail carriers. Intercity Direct and ICE trains are with extra charge.
- Special meals (vegan, vegetarian, kosher, halal food, gluten- or lactose-free foods) can be pre-ordered on the UK-Holland route Harwich-Hook of Holland. All the ingredients used for these special meals are verified by their manufacturers. Vegetarian meals contain dairy products, eggs, vegetables. Muslim meals don't contain pork (or by-products) as well as food containing alcohol. Special food orders must be made 48 hours prior departure (via email upon booking or by calling +31 (0)174 - 315 811).
- In 2013, the ships Britannica and Hollandica were equipped each with 2 electric car charging points (3,7 kW 16A, Euro standard Type 2). However, these charging points can't be pre-booked. Charging an electric car on the ship is free of charge and takes 4-6 hours. Only on the ships Britannica and Hollandica, change machines (ATM by GWK Travelex) are available, located in the lobby area (Deck 9, opposite the Reception Desk).
- Only on the ships serving the Denmark-Norway route (Frederikshavn-Oslo), there are power connections (at a fee) for caravan fridges and freezers.
- Hand luggage restrictions per person (carried in the ship's public areas) max dimensions 60x50x40 cm and up to 12 kg. Foot passengers are allowed to bring only 2 pieces of extra luggage (up to 20 kg), checked-in on day voyages (unless there is a booked cabin). Car passengers must leave their luggage in the vehicle. Remember that car decks are closed during the voyage. Any extra baggage will be surcharged.
- All STENA ships allow boarding with LPG-fueled vehicles ("liquefied petroleum gas").
- The company doesn't allow 36-weeks pregnant women to travel, as well as 34 weeks pregnant when expecting more than one baby.
- Passengers with restricted mobility will be assisted prior departure and also onboard. Such passengers must contact the company's staff at least 48 hours prior to departure (via email or by calling +31 (0)174-315811). Wheelchair passengers must arrive at the port at least 2 hours prior departure and go to the company's check-in desk.
- Bicycles can be ferried (at a fee) on all STENA ships and on all routes.
- Tickets with blank return date are not offered. However, it is possible to book "open ticket" with a temporary date, that can be changed later to the actual return date.
STENA LINE's deals are categorized as "Economy", "Flexi" and "Premium". ECONOMY fares are always the cheapest, but with an amendment fee and without refund for changes and cancellations. FLEXI fares allow changes to be made to your booking at no cost. Passengers only pay the difference in fare, with the option of a full refund for canceling. PREMIUM fares (depending on routes) offer different bonus perks, such as express boarding and disembarkation, Stena Plus Lounge seats, included Breakfast. PREMIUM deals are not available on the routes Sassnitz / Rostock-Trelleborg, Grenaa-Varberg, Nynashamn-Ventspils (Latvia), and Travemunde-Liepaja (Latvia). PREMIUM fares on the route Hook of Holland-Harwich are inclusive of Stena Plus Lounge seat and Breakfast (on night voyages only).
Pets on the ship
Pets (dogs, cats, and ferrets) can be ferried on all STENA ships, but some requirements depend on the itinerary (destination).
- Pets are not allowed in passenger cabins unless the stateroom is "pet-friendly" (usually 2-bed dog's cabin).
- All ships have a dog toilet.
- At all times during the voyage, dogs must be leashed and muzzled, and never left alone.
- Guide dogs travel for free and are allowed on all passenger decks and in the owners' cabin (but must wear a harness or jacket).
On STENA ferries serving Scandinavian routes (to Sweden, Norway, Latvia) are required valid EU pet passports with standard information about the animal's identity, vaccinations (other treatments). Pets also must have an approved microchip (or tattoo) and rabies vaccination by an authorized veterinarian. Pets traveling to Norway must be treated for tapeworm. Passengers with pets must arrive at the port at least 1 hour prior to departure.
On STENA ferries to England and Ireland, passengers with pets must arrive at the port at least 2 hours prior departure. For all other routes, this time is 1 - 1,5 hours. All animals are subject to the UK Pet Travel scheme rules and must be at least 15 weeks old. EU pet passports and microchips are required. Car passengers can ferry up to 5 animals (per vehicle). These cars receive a colored hanger (placed on the windscreen rear-view mirror until customs are cleared in each port). Pets in vehicles must remain inside at all times. Foot passengers are allowed up to 5 pets, but the pre-booking of an onboard kennel is required. Children traveling with an animal must be 16 years old. When traveling with 6 or more animals, they must be at least 6 months old.
All STENA ships have onboard kennels, of which 7x big (100x97x94 cm), 2x medium-sized (100x64x108 cm) and 16x small (100x65x50 cm). All cabins provide TV monitoring of the kennels. Visits of the pet during the voyage are recommended.
Car decks can be loaded on 2 levels with vehicle access from both bow and stern (cargo decks 3 and 5. Follows a list of car decks related safety procedures:
- Disabled passengers or those requiring specific assistance should visit the ship's Information Desk (open 24-hours).
- Apply handbrake and place the vehicle in park or 1st gear position. Switch off the ignition, alarm, electrical equipment, headlights. Gas cylinders, if any, must be switched off. Lock the vehicle.
- From your vehicle take only valuables and essential hand baggage.
- Make a note of your vehicle's location and garage deck number/stairway before leaving the car deck.
- Access to the ship's vehicle (cargo) decks during the voyage is prohibited.
- Smoking on vehicle decks, as well as in cabins and passenger lounges is forbidden.
- Wait for the onboard announcement before returning to your vehicle.
- In order to avoid air pollution, don't start the engine until instructed.
The shipowner Stena Line (fleet, 1962-founded, headquartered in Gothenburg, Sweden) is one of the world's largest ferry companies, providing freight and travel services on Northern Europe's routes that connect UK, Ireland, Denmark, Germany, Latvia, Holland, Norway, Sweden, Poland.
Stena Flavia ferry - user reviews and comments
Photos of Stena Flavia ferryAdd Photo
Stena Flavia ferry ship related cruise news
- Cruise Industry
Continuing the expansion of its services in the Baltic Sea, in 2021 the ferry company STENA LINE is deploying two new cruise ships on the Latvia...July 28, 2021
- Cruise Industry
ferry company Stena Line moved its ferry terminal in Port Nynashamn Sweden to the newly built Stockholm Norvik Port. The new passenger terminal...November 13, 2020
- show more news
Other STENA LINE cruise ships
Stena Flavia ferry Wiki
In 2011, the ship was chartered by SCANDLINES to serve the Germany-Latvia route Travemunde-Liepaja-Ventspils. In 2012, the vessel was acquired by STENA LINE and deployed on the Germany-Latvia route Travemunde-Ventspils. The Sweden-Latvia service (Nynashamn-Ventspils) is since April 2015.
In mid-April 2021, Stena Livia temporarily joined the sistership Stena Flavia on the Sweden-Latvia route Nynashamn-Ventspils, replacing Scottish Viking (which charter was ended and was returned to the shipowner Watling Street Ltd).
In January 2022, STENA ships Flavia and Livia were redeployed on the Germany-Latvia route Travemunde-Liepaja, adding 40% freight capacity on this route (acquired by STENA in 2012) and shortening substantially the crossing time (from 27 to 20 hours).
The ship is powered by two MAN marine diesel engines (model 9L48-60B, total power output 21,6 MW) and as propulsion has two controllable pitch propellers.
The vessel (IMO number 9417919) was UK-flagged (MMSI 235064391) but in 2020 its flag-state was changed to Denmark (MMSI 219560000).