Crystal Cruises fleet
Review of Crystal Cruises
One of the top-luxury passenger shipping companies, Crystal Cruises operates both ocean and river cruises on premium liners and newbuild riverboats with all inclusive travel package deals. Company's ships are top-ranked in numerous categories, offer intimate cruising experience, 5-star hotel amenities, superior service, elegance and perfection in every detail.
The company Crystal Cruises was founded in 1988 (headquartered in Century City, Los Angeles) as subsidiary of the Japanese NYK Line (abbrev "Nippon Yusen Kaisha") - one of world's largest container shipping companies. In March 2015, NYK Line sold Crystal Cruises to Genting Hong Kong (GHK, Malaysian corporation) for USD 550 million. GHK also owns the Asian brands Star Cruises and Dream Cruises, and is shareholder in NNCL (Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings). At the following tag link can be found listed all CruiseMapper's news related to Crystal Cruises' current owner Genting Hong Kong (GHK).
Following the acquisition, the company was renamed to Crystal Ltd. It currently includes the brands Crystal Cruises (ocean-going ships), Crystal River Cruises (European riverboats), Crystal Yacht Cruises (mega-yachts), Crystal Luxury Air (aircraft) and Crystal AirCruises.
For its premium service and overall superb product, Crystal brands consistently receive “World’s Best” readers awards of the prominent and influential magazines Travel+Leisure and Conde Nast Traveler. Crystal cruise ships are always at first positions in the official Conde Nast votes for "Top 10 cruise ships" (“mid-sized ships” pole) and in "top 10 luxury cruise ships in the world" (votes for all-inclusive passenger ships).
Crystal Ocean Cruises
GHK's Crystal Ocean cruise division is served by two cruise ships - Crystal Serenity and Crystal Symphony. The company's most special itinerary is the "Crystal World Cruise". These regularly scheduled voyages visit each year some of the world's most exotic vacation destinations, among which are Hawaii, South Pacific Islands, Australia New Zealand, Southeast Asia, Alaska. Crystal Ocean cruise ships call on over 180 ports in 60 different countries worldwide.
The line's clientele is mostly wealthy couples (50+ years old), who prefer Crystal's onboard environment of sophistication, style, impeccable, highly personalized service, gourmet cuisine, unique destinations. The ocean-going Crystal ships feature:
- Spacious, exquisitely appointed accommodations (most of them with verandas), with in-room Internet access, complimentary in-room dining (24 hours a day); penthouses with personal butler service.
- Abundance of dining options; excellent alternate dining venues, with specialty restaurants like “Prego” (signature of “Valentino Restaurants), “Silk Road” and the “Sushi Bar” (overseen by Nobu Matsuhisa). Wine cellar with a selection of over 200 vintages, and more than 20,000 bottles.
- The lavish Feng Shui-inspired “Crystal Spa” center. State-of-the-art fitness facilities with panoramic sea views; Yoga- and Pilates classes; the “Walk on Water” fitness program by Debbie Rocker.
- Crystal special lounges: “Caesars Palace” at Sea Casino, “Galaxy Lounge” (with its state-of-the-art sound- and lighting systems), “Crystal Dining Room” and “Vintage Room”, “Avenue of the Stars” (with its shops and boutiques), “Trident Grill and Ice Cream Bar”, “Palm Court” (daily served afternoon tea), “Connoisseur Club” (also offering a selection of fine cigars), “Avenue Saloon” (jazz lounge).
- Broadway-style productions; variety shows, indoor- and outdoor pool, paddle tennis courts, a casino (with complimentary cocktails), movie theater, nightclub, bingo.
- Since 2017, onboard Wi-Fi on all Crystal ships - ocean, yachts and riverboats - is complimentary (unlimited and free of charge).
- “Creative Learning Institute” program (series of interactive classes) include: “Computer University@Sea”, Keyboard lessons (Yamaha), Language classes (Berlitz), Wellness lectures (the Cleveland Clinic), Tai chi instructions (the Tai Chi Cultural Center), Professional ACBL Bridge instructors, Dance lessons (including ballroom dances) with professional instructors, Golf lessons (Callaway golf equipment & PGA golf professionals), the “Crystal Visions Enrichment Program” (in which attend lectures renowned authors, culinary stars, journalists, historians, etc.)
- “Ambassador Host Program” (for single travelers).
- Themed cruises; many onshore activity options.
In 2018, Crystal Cruises contracted Jean-Michel Cousteau (oceanographic explorer, environmentalist, educator, film producer, founder of Ocean Futures Society) to host onboard lecturers and interactive media presentations on the fleet's 3 ocean ships.
The three "Jean-Michel Cousteau"-themed voyages were scheduled for:
- March 12, 2018 (themed "Far East Vistas”, 15-day itinerary from Manila to Singapore) on Crystal Serenity
- November 8, 2018 (themed “Amazon Discovery”, 24-day roundtrip itinerary from Fort Lauderdale Florida to Caribbean and Brazil Amazon) on Crystal Symphony
- December 9, 2018 (themed “West Indies Yachting Explorer”, 7-day Caribbean roundtrip itinerary from Marigot / St Martin Island) on the yacht Crystal Esprit.
Crystal cruise ships
Crystal Ocean's cruise accommodations are in the following categories:
- Crystal Penthouse – veranda (300 m2), Penthouse Suite – veranda (150 m2), Penthouse – veranda (110 m2)
- Deluxe Stateroom – veranda (75 m2), Deluxe Stateroom (60 m2)
- Additional accommodations for guests with disabilities, connecting staterooms and family staterooms (with 3rd berth) are also available), as well as 24-hour complimentary room service. Penthouses are butler-served.
Crystal Ocean ships are 5-star rated liners with some of the highest space-per-guest ratios at sea. Between the most expensive cruise ships in the world as to cabin rates, and operated by one of the top 5 best luxury cruise lines in the world, the Crystal ships are the perfect choice for people enjoying the bliss of being so very much rich, that prices starting from US$7000 are not an issue whatsoever.
Generally, Crystal ships sail on longer itineraries (with length of more than 2 weeks). They serve an affluent clientele of mid-aged passengers. Life on board is marked by superior style and sophistication, impeccable service, tranquility, perfection in every detail, one of the best enrichment programs at sea. The vessels are Bahamas-flagged.
The Crystal cruise ship best features and amenities include: complimentary beverages, a library, jacuzzi, fitness-room, stationery, Wi-Fi, satellite TV, cell-phone service, personal safe, 9 dining venues, 2 pools, the Crystal Spa Fitness Saloon (treatment rooms, sauna, steam room), golf simulators and instructors, a ship-round Promenade, The Hollywood Theater (entertainment venue), Galaxy Lounge, a Library with movies, music, and books, and an Observatory lounge.
Crystal River Cruises
Crystal River Cruises (division of Crystal Cruises) is the line’s new branch offering fully all-inclusive deals. Its product is marked by gourmet dining, expert enrichment, high-class entertainment, top-luxury amenities and impeccable service on newbuild European riverboats. In each port along the itinerary are offered culture-themed tours and excursions. In some of the ports, the new Crystal river ships offer overnight stays that allow passengers to enjoy high-class gourmet dining experiences at Michelin-starred restaurants ashore and also exclusive evening events and entertainment on the ship.
Crystal Cruises' previous owner Nippon Yusen Kabushiki Kaisha (NYK Line) sold in March 2015 the cruise company to the Malaysian corporation Genting Hong Kong Ltd for USD 550 million. Genting also owns the Asian lines Star Cruises and Dream Cruises (Singapore-based holding companies) and is a shareholder in the NCLH (Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings).
In January 2016, Genting bought the remaining 30% stocks of Lloyd Werft. The deal also included around 50% stake in the shipbuilder's real estate subsidiary company "Investitions und Verwaltungs". The acquisition plans were first announced on September 18, 2015.
The announcement said that Star Cruises together with the German companies Petram Beteiligungs, Ehlerding Beteiligungs and BLG Logistics Group entered into a stock purchase agreement that allows GHK to acquire a majority stake in Lloyd Werft Bremerhaven GmbH. Before the announcement of this agreement, Genting signed a letter of intent with the shipbuilding company to build Crystal’s new polar-class cruise ships with scheduled delivery in late 2018 (later pushed back to 2019).
- To start its operations, Crystal river cruise company purchased an existing riverboat that was refurbished and renamed Crystal Mozart (launched in July 2016). The company additionally ordered 4 new luxury river yacht ships (builder Lloyd Werft Germany) launched in mid 2017. Crystal Mozart is currently Europe’s largest river ship, excepting, of course, the old-design Russian ships on Volga River. The Mozart ship has capacity 160 passengers, luxury suites (ranging from 19-80 m2 / 200-860 ft2), multiple restaurants, an indoor swimming pool.
- In July 2016 Crystal River Cruises launched the first ship in its fleet, renovated Crystal Mozart . The four newbuilds ("river yachts") debuted in 2017: Crystal Bach, Crystal Debussy, Crystal Mahler and Crystal Ravel.
- In October 2016, ALMACO Group (specializing in construction of offshore accommodations, staterooms, newbuilding galleys) won its ever first river cruise ship contract to supply galley / kitchen areas and suites for the 4 new Crystal river yachts. The contract included 220 top-luxury cruise suites, corresponding hallways and corridors, turnkey delivery of the ship's galleys and pantries (equipment and lining). Earlier in 2016, ALMACO refurbished the crew cabins and catering areas of Crystal Mozart.
- Crystal Bach and Crystal Mahler cruise on Main, Danube and Rhine rivers. Crystal Ravel and Crystal Debussy cruise in France - on Dordogne, Garonne, Gironde and Seine rivers. Crystal Mozart cruises on Danube River.
All Crystal river cruise ship provide dedicated (per cabin) butler service, Egyptian cotton linens, king-size beds facing toward French Balcony windows, full-length mirrors, walk-in closets, ETRO robes and slippers, Nespresso machines, wall-mounted flat HD TVs.
Onboard dining options include Waterside Restaurant (dining room), Vintage Room (wine bar / private dinner / party venue), Palm Court (show lounge), Cove Bar, Bistro (casual cafe). All ships are operated with open-seating dining. On the new river yachts there are also Fitness Center, full-service Spa, indoor infinity pool (resistance swimming pool), top-deck Vista Bar & Grill.
Onboard dining menus include food prepared with freshest, locally sourced ingredients and itinerary-based traditional specialties - fresh seafood and fish (Holland), seasonal fruits and vegetables (Holland, Germany), meat and poultry (Austrian Alps and Bavarian farms), local draught and craft beers, regional wines and cheeses. Specialty coffees and teas served complimentary on the ships are by the Vienna Austria-based company Julius Meinl.
Crystal river cruise deals
The all-inclusive Crystal river cruise deals (as cruise price inclusions) offer the following complimentary amenities and services:
- Gratuities for all the ship's staff, including housekeeping, bar, dining, butlers
- All meals (featuring 6-star gourmet cuisine and regional specialties)
- Unlimited soft drinks, premium beverages (including champagne, fine wines, spirits, beers, bottled water)
- 24-hour self-service pantry (specialty coffees, teas, wines, nonalcoholic drinks)
- 24-hour room service
- 24-hour Wi-Fi access, free Wi-Fi and satellite Internet usage (60 min pp per day)
- interactive TV (infotainment system) with movies on demand and music library
- Airport-to-ship group transfers - luxury coaches transport passengers from the airport to the riverboat on embarkation day.
- Ship-to-airport group transfers (on disembarkation day).
- Onboard daily yoga and fitness classes, daily choice of digital international newspapers
- Onboard entertainment and enrichment programing (destination / itinerary-focused), including lectures, destination expert (on each cruise), local experts and tour guides.
- Self-service guest laundry
- Twice daily housekeeping services (evening turndown service)
- In-cabin dining (hors d'oeuvres)
- Butler service for each cabin
- Two complimentary "Crystal Adventures" shore excursions in every port (curated). Additional excursions are available for purchase.
- Complimentary culinary tours to renowned local establishments
- Complimentary Atlanta eBikes, Nordic walking poles and audio headphones on all "Crystal Adventures" (land tours).
In 2018, Crystal River Cruises had 200 shore excursions, of which 80% complimentary. These premium tours are themed on culture, culinary and adventure. The company also added the new excursion option "Design Your Time", which allows passengers to use concierge service on their private tours.
Every Crystal river cruisetour itinerary includes food-and-wine themed excursion to Michelin-star restaurants in major European cities.
Crystal Yacht Cruises
In March 2016 Crystal Cruises revealed plans to build the world's first purpose-built polar class mega-yacht - Crystal Endeavor - the company's first-ever expedition ship, scheduled to enter service in August 2018. The vessel has max passenger capacity 200 and all 100 suites.
The new polar yacht as technology features 8 electric amphibious zodiacs, two 7-person minisubmarines, 2 helicopters, 2 helipads. It also offers complimentary jet skis, seakayaks, wave runners, paddle boards, fishing facilities, snorkeling and scuba diving equipment.
The yacht is fitted with offshore dynamic positioning technology and computer-controlled navigation systems allowing it to automatically maintain position using its own propulsion (thrusters and propellers). This allows the vessel to stay above coral reefs without using anchors, which could damage the seabed. The ship is similar to the "discovery yacht’" Scenic Eclipse (2018) built for Scenic Cruises.
In November 2016, Crystal announced an yacht fleet expansion - from 1 to 3 new vessels, with scheduled deliveries in 2019 (Endeavor), 2021 (tbn) and 2022 (tbn).The sister-vessels (tbn) will have the already "standard" for the ultra-luxury "mega-yacht" cruising industry mini-subs, helicopters and ROVs (Remotely Operated Vehicle).
Crystal's yacht fleet will operate in polar and coastal regions - European Arctic (during summer), migrating whales route (along the coasts of Europe and the Americas), down to Antarctica (during winter). The bold decision to built 3 new polar ships followed a 3-year research that found that nearly 70% of Crystal Cruises passengers are highly interested in polar expedition travel.
- In January 2018, Crystal Yacht Cruises announced significant changes the new ships design, downsizing the "Exclusive-Class" Genting cruise ships and removing the private residences on top deck (by the original design).
- The delivery (initially scheduled for 2018, then pushed back to 2019) was set for 2022.
- The new class mega-yachts are ice-classed vessels with max passenger capacity 1000. The staterooms include 48 ultra-luxury "Crystal Residences" - private suites ranging between 600-4000 ft2 (56-372 m2) each.
- According to latest official news releases, the "Exclusive-Class" changes to "Diamond-Class". The vessels will be reduced in size (from GT tonnage 100,000 to 65,000 tons) and with 20% decreased passenger capacity (800 instead of 1000).
- The marine propulsion manufacturer ABB will provide each of the new liners with 4x Azipod XO units. The gearless propulsion system comprises of 1 electric drive motor (per unit) contained in a submerged pod (outside the hull). The Azipod XO system is specifically designed for high ice-class navigation. ABB Azipods reduce vessel's lifecycle costs and guarantees optimum efficiency operations. Of all 4 units per ship, 2 are with power output 22 MV (each), and 2 with 19 MW (each).
- The new ships will be also fitted with "ABB 800xA DCS" (distributed control) system, EMMA Energy Management System (historical data analysis, with comparison to current sea conditions) and fleet management suite (fleetwide benchmarking).
"Crystal AirCruises" is GHK's newest venture of the top-luxury cruise company Crystal Cruises. This travel division (established also as a subsidiary company) is served by two aircraft - Boeing 777-200LR (building cost USD 296 million per unit) and the planned for purchasing Boeing 787 Dreamliner (building cost USD 225 million per unit).
The air plane operates on 14-, 21- and 28-day "fly-cruise" itineraries. It has capacity 88 passengers and serves all Crystal cruise itineraries' air-and-land portions.
The top-luxury aircraft featurs lay-flat seats (reclining to 73,5 inches / 1,87 m) positioned in clusters of 2, 2 aisles, dining lounge (with 4 dining tables), bar lounge, 2 galleys / kitchens. All passenger seats can convert to 180-degree lie-flat beds.
Onboard (all-inclusive / complimentary) amenities include free Wi-Fi, premium wines, meals prepared by an executive chef, use of iPads and noise-cancelling headphones (by Bose), power outlets and USB ports (at each seat) on-demand movies and music, custom-made plush bedding (for sleeping on the plane), premium bath amenities (by ETRO).
Crystal Skye"air cruise ship"
Officially named "Crystal Skye", the aircraft Boeing 777-200LR ("Longer Range", aka Worldliner) was introduced in 2006 as one of the world's longest-range commercial airliners. The plane is able to continuously fly between almost any 2 airports in the world, holding the record for longest nonstop flight done by a commercial aircraft - 15,844 km (9,845 ml).
Crystal Skye aircraft was officially handed over to Crystal AirCruises on August 2, 2017. The ceremony was held at the Boeing Field in Seattle WA. The new airplane was delivered to Edie Rodriguez (Crystal's President and CEO). It became known as the world's largest privately owned tour jet. The airplane was officially christened in Las Vegas Nevada on August 12, 2017.
Crystal Skye's inaugural flight cruise (9-night itinerary, September 29 through October 8, 2017) was themed "Golden Week Holiday AirCruise” leaving out of Hong Kong. Boeing 777 model 200LR has an increased MTOW (maximum takeoff weight) and 3 auxiliary fuel tanks. The plane also features raked wingtips and additional structural strengthening, wingtip extensions (3,9 m / 13 ft). As of June 2017, this aircraft was ordered by 11 different customers (a total of 59 units).
- In addition to the Boeing 777, GHK's brand "Crystal Luxury Air" has plans to double its fleet by purchasing a second Boeing aircraft - the 787 Dreamliner. This plane is a long-haul, twin-engine jet airliner with passenger capcity 242 to 335 (3-class seating). The aircraft was the world's first built with composite materials as the primary construction material for the airframe. The aircraft was introduced in 2011.
- In the end of 2015, the company announced planned purchase of two more aircraft - Airbus ACJ319 (corporate jet with removable extra fuel tanks) and Bombardier Global Express XRS (Canada-manufactured ultra long range business jet). Bombardier Global Express XRS is an epitome of luxury and comfort with a spacious 2-cabin configuration (up to 13 guests), 4 executive wide seats (with foldout tables), a 4-seat conference space (opposite a 1-seat workstation and cabinet), cabin HD monitors, surround sound, high temperature oven, even an aft lounge with large LCD screen. Airbus ACJ319 jet's capacity is 30 guests and features 16 lay-flat seats.
- Crystal Cruises planes provide private charters and transportation for the company's customers with booked Crystal cruise itineraries (regardless ocean, river or yacht). Private charter jet service is of superior quality and caters to corporate executives, small groups, wealthy families and discerning travellers looking for flexible and private luxury travel.
Crystal's flight cruise deals are inclusive of all hotel stays (at the world’s most luxurious hotels), top-quality gourmet dining (at premium restaurants with Michelin star-level cuisine) and local cultural entertainment.
Itinerary of Crystal Cruises
In 2018, Crystal Cruises operates 4 world cruises, with travelers able to switch vessels to customize their itineraries. The company features luxury African safaris on an itinerary visiting Madagascar and Mauritius. The cruises will explore Amazon, North Cape, Arabian Gulf and Red Sea.
Crystal Cruises 2018-2019-2020 Global Itineraries
Crystal Cruises award-winning global itineraries for 2018 and 2019 feature a comprehensive collection of cruises aboard Crystal Serenity and Crystal Symphony, with innovative itineraries that range from 6 to 129 days, along with maiden calls and destination experiences. Itinerary highlights include:
- 54 total cruises in 2018. A couple of epic World Cruise voyages bring the sister ships together for their soiree in Sydney, allowing passengers to continue the global journey on the opposite vessel from there;
- An overnight maiden visit to Manila on a Southeast Asia cruise;
- A return to the Arabian Gulf and Holy Land, with a maiden call in Doha and overnights in Mumbai, Muscat, Abu Dhabi, Ashdod and Dubai;
- A North American selection in Alaska, Canada and New England, affording domestic air travel and maiden calls in Maine, Rockland, Trois-Rivieres, Quebec and Bimini;
- African safaris on itinerary exploring the Indian Ocean isles;
- Specialized itineraries exploring the Amazon, Persian Gulf, Red Sea and North Cape;
- 65 total cruises in 2019. A World Cruise onboard Crystal Serenity which follows a tropical route out of Hawaii and Australia to Africa and on to Monte Carlo;
- A Mediterranean season, expanded from April to October;
- An itinerary exploring Japan, Petropavlovsk (Russia) and then crossing the International Dateline enroute to Alaska;
- New Far East routes through Thailand, Cambodia, China and Vietnam;
- Warm-weather experiences along the North American Gulf Coast and South America with overnights in lively hubs including New Orleans, Buenos Aires and Rio de Janeiro;
- Monumental itineraries with a focus on cultural powerhouse spots, including a full 3-day stay in UNESCO-listed Bordeaux;
- Remote sites, such as Cook Islands’ Aitutaki Island and Siberia’s Kamchatka Peninsula.
- Maiden calls in Pohnpei, Majuro, Hambantota, Mooloolaba, Airlie Beach, Alghero.
- Overnight stays in a total of 55 port cities around the world, including at least 1 overnight on nearly every cruise. Examples include: Livorno; Hong Kong; Singapore; Sihanoukville; Hanoi; Ho Chi Minh City; Yangon; Auckland; Sydney; Saint Petersburg.
- Spring and autumn sailings in Asia aboard Crystal Symphony, mainly in Southeast Asia, China, Japan and Singapore.
- 25 Mediterranean cruises, with many 7-day options onboard both ships that are combinable for extended trips.
- Specialized itineraries focused on India and the Middle East, available on both vessels, with calls in Cochin and Mumbai, cruising the Bay of Bengal, Bahrain, Muscat, Aqaba, Dubai and Abu Dhabi.
- European and British Isles itineraries aligned with world events, featuring overnights in Edinburgh, scheduled around annual Military Tattoo & Fringe Art Festival; Monaco for Formula 1 Monaco Grand Prix; Baltic and North Cape voyages at the summer solstice.
- New transatlantic crossing with calls at Barcelona, Malaga, Ponta Delgada, Praia da Vitoria, St Johns, St Anthony, Saguenay.
- Warm-weather 33-day winter itinerary onboard Crystal Symphony in the Pacific, which visits Hawaiian Islands, Marshall Islands, Micronesia, Philippines.
- Warm-weather holiday voyages, with Crystal Symphony sailing out of Hong Kong to Laem Chabang and including New Year’s Eve in Singapore; Crystal Serenity cruising in the Caribbean.
- Other Crystal Cruises itineraries sail along the Pacific Coast, to Hawaiian Islands, Australia & New Zealand, South Pacific and Caribbean.
2020 Crystal Yacht Expedition Cruises deployment highlights include:
- Return to the Seychelles between late January and March, with 9 new 7-day itineraries roundtrip from Mahe.
- Historically significant itineraries visiting the Rose City of Petra and the Holy Land on a 9- or 11-day trip; Cyprus and the Greek Isles of Delos, Mykonos, Paphos, Santorini, maiden call at Naxos on a 9-day itinerary; Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sir Bani Yas Island, Manama, and Doha on an 8-day journey.
- 24 combinable 7-day cruises along the Dalmatian Coast, Aegean, Adriatic, with itineraries focusing on Croatia, Greece, the Cyclades.
- “Dubai Holiday Extravaganza” roundtrip cruise from Dubai, with 2 overnights in the port city for the annual celebration of New Year’s Eve, plus visits to Khasab, Doha, Muscat, Sir Bani Yas Island.
The 200-passenger Crystal Endeavor sails voyages of 12-22 days, exploring the bio-diversity of Japan and Russian Far East, Australia, New Zealand and Antarctica. Tropical wildlands are also included. In addition to Antarctic exploration, the Endeavor cruise ship follows seasonal shifts to warm destinations. The initial list of itineraries features 12 unique cruises.
Crystal Endeavor itineraries include:
- August 10, 2020 "Russian Far East Maiden Expedition", 17-day roundtrip from Tokyo;
- August 27, 2020 "Japan’s Cultural & Coastal Discovery", 17-day roundtrip from Tokyo;
- September 13, 2020 "Island Explorations of Japan", 16-day from Tokyo to Taipei;
- September 29, 2020 "Philippines, Borneo & Indonesia Quest", 16-day from Taipei to Bali;
- October 15, 2020 "Indonesian Immersive & The Great Barrier Reef", 16-day from Bali to Cairns;
- October 31, 2020 "Australian Offshore & The Great Barrier Reef", 14-day from Cairns to Sydney;
- November 4, 2020 "Tasmania & The Fjords of New Zealand", 14-day from Sydney to Christchurch;
- November 28, 2020 "New Zealand Immersion", 12-day from Christchurch to Auckland;
- December 10, 2020 "The Remote Coasts of New Zealand", 12-day from Auckland to Christchurch;
- December 22, 2020 "Holiday Expedition to New Zealand & Australia", 15-day from Christchurch to Tasmania;
- January 6, 2021 "Antarctica & The Ross Sea Expedition", 22-day from Hobart to Christchurch;
- January 28, 2021 "Antarctica & The Ross Sea Expedition", 22-day from Christchurch to Hobart.
Crystal river cruise itineraries
In July 2015, Genting announced its expansion plan that includes building new ships for its river cruise line. The new boats feature larger staterooms and bigger space-to-guest ratio in comparison to any other river cruise vessel. The boats' itineraries are planned to maximize port times for quality tour experiences ashore.
The new river brand's operations started in 2016 and are exclusively on European waterways. The Crystal company’s product is well known worldwide for its exceptional quality and fully all-inclusive deals.
Itineraries are in Europe exclusively - on the rivers Rhine, Main, Danube and Moselle. They intentionally deviate from traditional waterways routes to avoid congestion in the visited ports. The list of destinations (visited countries along the itinerary) includes Germany, Switzerland, Holland, France, Belgium, Austria, Slovakia, Hungary. On Grand European itineraries (between Baltic Sea and Black Sea) are additionally included ports of call in the Balkan countries Croatia, Serbia, Bulgaria and Romania.
The Crystal River Cruises line operates a fleet of all 5 (for now) top-luxury "river yachts". All riverboats sail on rivers in Europe.
- Crystal Bach (2017)
- Crystal Debussy (2017)
- Crystal Mahler (2017)
- Crystal Mozart (2016, former MS Mozart)
- Crystal Ravel (2017)
Starting in 2017, the new river cruise itineraries are:
- Note: All riverboats also offer themed Christmas and New Year's Eve voyages.
- Crystal Mozart (maiden voyage July 13, 2016) - Danube itineraries (10 or 11 nights) visited Wachau Valley (Vienna, Passau, Bratislava) or Eastern Danube (Vienna, Budapest, Belgrade).
- Crystal Debussy (maiden voyage June 4, 2017) - offers 5-, 7- and 10-night Seine River itineraries with multiple overnights in Paris. Visited port city destinations included Honfleur, Normandy beaches, Deauville, Rouen.
- Crystal Bach (maiden voyage June 18, 2017) - the 14-night inaugural cruise (on Rhine and Moselle rivers) visited Amsterdam, Basel, Antwerp,
- Crystal Ravel (maiden voyage August 8, 2017) - cruises on Garonne (also Gironde Estuary) and Dordogne Rivers in France on 7-night itineraries with 2-nights (overnight stay) in Bordeaux and visiting Pauillac, Blaye, Libourne.
- Crystal Mahler (maiden voyage August 29, 2017) - cruises on Rhine, Main and Danube rivers. The Inaugural Cruise (16-night "Grand Europe") included overnights in Budapest, Vienna, Passau, Amsterdam.
In 2018, Crystal River Cruises added 4 short Danube itineraries on Crystal Mahler as an alternative to the boat's 16-day itineraries. The three 7-day "Danube Serenade" itineraries are between Budapest and Vienna, plus one 11-day "Reflections on the Danube" cruise. The 16-day "Grand Europe" (between Amsterdam and Budapest) is on Rhine and Main rivers.
"Crystal Getaways" collection includes:
- (Crystal Bach) 7-day "Romantic Rhine" between Amsterdam and Mainz; 7-day "Rhine Serenade" between Mainz and Frankfurt. In addition to the new Getaways, Crystal Bach offers 3 previously announced Getaways to Belgium and the Netherlands, highlighting the region's spectacular tulips and high season in April and May.
- (Crystal Mahle): 7-day "Delightful Danube" between Regensburg and Budapest; 9-day "European Escape" between Amsterdam and Regensburg;
- (Crystal Ravel) 8-day "European Treasures" between Nuremberg and Basel; 6-day Danube Getaway, between Vienna and Nuremberg.
Note: You can see the CruiseMapper's list of all river cruise ships and riverboats in the "itinerary" section of our River Cruises hub. All river passenger shipping line companies and their fleets are listed there.
Crystal cruise ship tracker
Our Crystal cruise tracker is a function integrated into all Crystal river ship review articles. At page-bottom in each page you’ll find a map with the boat’s current location (AIS position). All the real-time tracking data is provided by VesselFinder. It’s all about convenience – you will find where is your Crystal ship cruising today and right now along its current itinerary - in realtime!
The complete list of Genting cruise brands and assets includes the following vessels:
- Crystal Cruises ships
- Crystal Serenity (2003)
- Crystal Symphony (1995)
- SS United States (renovated ocean liner)
- Crystal Yacht Cruises fleet (luxury mega-yachts)
- Crystal Endeavor (2018 )
- Crystal Esprit (1989 as "MegaStar Taurus")
- Crystal AirCruises (private jet tours around the world)
- Bombardier Global Express XRS (2016)
- Boeing 777-200LR (2017)
Crystal Cruises related cruise news
- Cruise Industry
Crystal Yacht Expedition Cruises unveiled the itineraries for its newest luxury mega-yacht Crystal Endeavor. The 200-passenger ship will sail...August 1, 2018
- Cruise Industry
New incentives to “book now” are currently available with worldwide cruises aboard all-inclusive Crystal Cruises, Crystal Yacht...July 31, 2018
- Cruise Industry
Crystal Ravel was welcomed into the fleet of Crystal River Cruises during a christening ceremony in Budapest. The cruise company celebrated the...July 12, 2018
- Cruise Industry
Crystal Cruises is planning another world cruise to take place 2020. The 105-day world voyage from Miami to Rome (Civitavecchia, Italy) begins...July 7, 2018
- Cruise Industry
The creator of the popular Hungarian classical music TV show “Virtuosos”, Mariann Peller, will serve as godmother to Crystal...July 4, 2018
- Cruise Industry
Genting Cruise Lines (GCL), which is a division of Genting Hong Kong comprising of Crystal Cruises, Dream Cruises and Star Cruises, organized the...May 31, 2018
- Cruise Industry
Crystal River Cruises welcomed its newest ship on Monday, May 28, and officially christened Crystal Debussy in Amsterdam. To mark the occasion were...May 29, 2018
- Cruise Industry
The 62-passenger boutique yacht of Crystal Yacht Expedition Cruises, Crystal Esprit, will offer a full season of Arabian Peninsula itineraries...May 3, 2018
- Cruise Industry
Crystal Cruises announced 2020 deployment for its ocean ships, including Crystal Serenity, Crystal Symphony and Crystal Esprit yacht. Line’s...April 29, 2018
- Cruise Industry
Crystal unveiled design details for Crystal Endeavor, its upcoming expedition yacht, for Crystal Yacht Expedition Cruises. Crystal’s...April 26, 2018
- show more news