Crystal Cruises fleet
Review of Crystal Cruises
One of the top luxury cruise companies, and among the best lines for adults, the Crystal cruise company offers sailings on luxury passenger liners with all inclusive package deals. Both top rated cruise ships in numerous categories, they offer intimate cruising experience, superior service, 5-star amenities, elegance and perfection in every detail.
At the following tag link can be found listed all CruiseMapper's news related to Crystal Cruises' current owner Genting Hong Kong (GHK).
Crystal Cruises line company was founded in 1988 (headquartered in Century City, Los Angeles) as a subsidiary company of the Japanese NYK Line (abbrev "Nippon Yusen Kaisha"). NYK is one of the largest shipping companies in the world.
For its premium service and an overall superb cruising, the Crystal company consistently receives “World’s Best” readers awards of such prominent and influential magazines as “Travel & Leisure Magazine”, and “Conde Nast Traveler”. Crystal cruise ships are always at the first positions in the official Conde Nast votes for Top 10 cruise ships (in the “mid-sized ships” pole) and also at the first positions in the top 10 luxury cruise ships in the world (votes for passenger ships operating with all inclusive deals).
Crystal Ocean Cruises
GHK's Crystal Ocean cruise division is served by two cruise ships - Crystal Serenity and Crystal Symphony. The company's most special itinerary is the "Crystal World Cruise". These regularly scheduled voyages visit each year some of the world's most exotic vacation destinations, among which are Hawaii, South Pacific Islands, Australia New Zealand, Southeast Asia, Alaska. Crystal Ocean cruise ships call on over 180 ports in 60 different countries worldwide.
The line's clientele is mostly wealthy couples (50+ years old), who prefer Crystal's onboard environment of sophistication, style, impeccable, highly personalized service, gourmet cuisine, unique destinations. The ocean-going Crystal ships feature:
- Spacious, exquisitely appointed accommodations (most of them with verandas), with in-room Internet access, complimentary in-room dining (24 hours a day); penthouses with personal butler service.
- Abundance of dining options; excellent alternate dining venues, with specialty restaurants like “Prego” (signature of “Valentino Restaurants), “Silk Road” and the “Sushi Bar” (overseen by Nobu Matsuhisa). Wine cellar with a selection of over 200 vintages, and more than 20,000 bottles.
- The lavish Feng Shui-inspired “Crystal Spa” center. State-of-the-art fitness facilities with panoramic sea views; Yoga- and Pilates classes; the “Walk on Water” fitness program by Debbie Rocker.
- Crystal special lounges: “Caesars Palace” at Sea Casino, “Galaxy Lounge” (with its state-of-the-art sound- and lighting systems), “Crystal Dining Room” and “Vintage Room”, “Avenue of the Stars” (with its shops and boutiques), “Trident Grill and Ice Cream Bar”, “Palm Court” (daily served afternoon tea), “Connoisseur Club” (also offering a selection of fine cigars), “Avenue Saloon” (jazz lounge).
- Broadway-style productions; variety shows, indoor- and outdoor pool, paddle tennis courts, a casino (with complimentary cocktails), movie theater, nightclub, bingo.
- Since 2017, onboard Wi-Fi on all Crystal ships - ocean, yachts and riverboats - is complimentary (unlimited and free of charge).
- “Creative Learning Institute” program (series of interactive classes) include: “Computer University@Sea”, Keyboard lessons (Yamaha), Language classes (Berlitz), Wellness lectures (the Cleveland Clinic), Tai chi instructions (the Tai Chi Cultural Center), Professional ACBL Bridge instructors, Dance lessons (including ballroom dances) with professional instructors, Golf lessons (Callaway golf equipment & PGA golf professionals), the “Crystal Visions Enrichment Program” (in which attend lectures renowned authors, culinary stars, journalists, historians, etc.)
- “Ambassador Host Program” (for single travelers).
- Themed cruises; many onshore activity options.
Crystal cruise ships
Crystal Ocean's cruise accommodations are in the following categories:
- Crystal Penthouse – veranda (300 m2), Penthouse Suite – veranda (150 m2), Penthouse – veranda (110 m2)
- Deluxe Stateroom – veranda (75 m2), Deluxe Stateroom (60 m2)
- Additional accommodations for guests with disabilities, connecting staterooms and family staterooms (with 3rd berth) are also available), as well as 24-hour complimentary room service. Penthouses are butler-served.
Crystal Ocean ships are 5-star rated liners with some of the highest space-per-guest ratios at sea. Between the most expensive cruise ships in the world as to cabin rates, and operated by one of the top 5 best luxury cruise lines in the world, the Crystal ships are the perfect choice for people enjoying the bliss of being so very much rich, that prices starting from US$7000 are not an issue whatsoever.
Generally, Crystal ships sail on longer itineraries (with length of more than 2 weeks). They serve an affluent clientele of mid-aged passengers. Life on board is marked by superior style and sophistication, impeccable service, tranquility, perfection in every detail, one of the best enrichment programs at sea. The vessels are Bahamas-flagged.
The Crystal cruise ship best features and amenities include: complimentary beverages, a library, jacuzzi, fitness-room, stationery, Wi-Fi, satellite TV, cell-phone service, personal safe, 9 dining venues, 2 pools, the Crystal Spa Fitness Saloon (treatment rooms, sauna, steam room), golf simulators and instructors, a ship-round Promenade, The Hollywood Theater (entertainment venue), Galaxy Lounge, a Library with movies, music, and books, and an Observatory lounge.
Crystal River Cruises
Crystal River Cruises (division of Crystal Cruises) is the line’s new branch offering fully all-inclusive deals. Its product is marked by gourmet dining, expert enrichment, high-class entertainment, top-luxury amenities and impeccable service on newbuild European riverboats. In each port along the itinerary are offered culture-themed tours and excursions. In some of the ports, the new Crystal river ships offer overnight stays that allow passengers to enjoy high-class gourmet dining experiences at Michelin-starred restaurants ashore and also exclusive evening events and entertainment on the ship.
Crystal Cruises' previous owner Nippon Yusen Kabushiki Kaisha (NYK Line) sold in March 2015 the cruise company to the Malaysian corporation Genting Hong Kong Ltd for USD 550 million. Genting also owns the Asian lines Star Cruises and Dream Cruises (Singapore-based holding companies) and is a shareholder in the NCLH (Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings).
In January 2016, Genting bought the remaining 30% stocks of Lloyd Werft. The deal also included around 50% stake in the shipbuilder's real estate subsidiary company "Investitions und Verwaltungs". The acquisition plans were first announced on September 18, 2015.
The announcement said that Star Cruises together with the German companies Petram Beteiligungs, Ehlerding Beteiligungs and BLG Logistics Group entered into a stock purchase agreement that allows GHK to acquire a majority stake in Lloyd Werft Bremerhaven GmbH. Before the announcement of this agreement, Genting signed a letter of intent with the shipbuilding company to build Crystal’s new polar-class cruise ships with scheduled delivery in late 2018 (later pushed back to 2019).
- To start its operations, Crystal river cruise company purchased an existing riverboat that was refurbished and renamed Crystal Mozart (launched in July 2016). The company additionally ordered 4 new luxury river yacht ships (builder Lloyd Werft Germany) launched in mid 2017. Crystal Mozart is currently Europe’s largest river ship, excepting, of course, the old-design Russian ships on Volga River. The Mozart ship has capacity 160 passengers, luxury suites (ranging from 19-80 m2 / 200-860 ft2), multiple restaurants, an indoor swimming pool.
- In July 2016 Crystal River Cruises launched the first ship in its fleet, renovated Crystal Mozart . The four newbuilds ("river yachts") debuted in 2017: Crystal Bach, Crystal Debussy, Crystal Mahler and Crystal Ravel.
- In October 2016, ALMACO Group (specializing in construction of offshore accommodations, staterooms, newbuilding galleys) won its ever first river cruise ship contract to supply galley / kitchen areas and suites for the 4 new Crystal river yachts. The contract included 220 top-luxury cruise suites, corresponding hallways and corridors, turnkey delivery of the ship's galleys and pantries (equipment and lining). Earlier in 2016, ALMACO refurbished the crew cabins and catering areas of Crystal Mozart.
- Crystal Bach and Crystal Mahler cruise on Main, Danube and Rhine rivers. Crystal Ravel and Crystal Debussy cruise in France - on Dordogne, Garonne, Gironde and Seine rivers. Crystal Mozart cruises on Danube River.
All Crystal river cruise ship provide dedicated (per cabin) butler service, Egyptian cotton linens, king-size beds facing toward French Balcony windows, full-length mirrors, walk-in closets, ETRO robes and slippers, Nespresso machines, wall-mounted flat HD TVs.
Onboard dining options include Waterside Restaurant (dining room), Vintage Room (wine bar / private dinner / party venue), Palm Court (show lounge), Cove Bar, Bistro (casual cafe). All ships are operated with open-seating dining. On the new river yachts there are also Fitness Center, full-service Spa, indoor infinity pool (resistance swimming pool), top-deck Vista Bar & Grill.
Onboard dining menus include food prepared with freshest, locally sourced ingredients and itinerary-based traditional specialties - fresh seafood and fish (Holland), seasonal fruits and vegetables (Holland, Germany), meat and poultry (Austrian Alps and Bavarian farms), local draught and craft beers, regional wines and cheeses. Specialty coffees and teas served complimentary on the ships are by the Vienna Austria-based company Julius Meinl.
Crystal river cruise deals
The all-inclusive Crystal river cruise deals (as cruise price inclusions) offer the following complimentary amenities and services:
- Gratuities for all the ship's staff, including housekeeping, bar, dining, butlers
- All meals (featuring 6-star gourmet cuisine and regional specialties)
- Unlimited soft drinks, premium beverages (including champagne, fine wines, spirits, beers, bottled water)
- 24-hour self-service pantry (specialty coffees, teas, wines, nonalcoholic drinks)
- 24-hour room service
- 24-hour Wi-Fi (satellite) access, free Wi-Fi and Internet usage (60 min pp per day)
- interactive TV (infotainment system) with movies on demand and music library
- Airport-to-ship group transfers - luxury coaches transport passengers from the airport to the riverboat on embarkation day.
- Ship-to-airport group transfers (on disembarkation day).
- Onboard daily yoga and fitness classes, daily choice of digital international newspapers
- Onboard entertainment and enrichment programing (destination / itinerary-focused), including lectures, destination expert (on each cruise), local experts and tour guides.
- Self-service guest laundry
- Twice daily housekeeping services (evening turndown service)
- In-cabin dining (hors d'oeuvres)
- Butler service for each cabin
- Two complimentary "Crystal Adventures" shore excursions in every port (curated). Additional excursions are available for purchase.
- Complimentary culinary tours to renowned local establishments
- Complimentary Nordic walking poles and audio headphones on all "Crystal Adventures" tours.
Crystal Yacht Cruises
In March 2016 Crystal Cruises revealed plans to build the world's first purpose-built polar class mega-yacht - Crystal Endeavor - the company's first-ever expedition ship, scheduled to enter service in August 2018. The vessel has max passenger capacity 200 and all 100 suites.
The new polar yacht as technology features 8 electric amphibious zodiacs, two 7-person minisubmarines, 2 helicopters, 2 helipads. It also offers complimentary jet skis, seakayaks, wave runners, paddle boards, fishing facilities, snorkeling and scuba diving equipment.
The yacht is fitted with offshore dynamic positioning technology and computer-controlled navigation systems allowing it to automatically maintain position using its own propulsion (thrusters and propellers). This allows the vessel to stay above coral reefs without using anchors, which could damage the seabed. The ship is similar to the "discovery yacht’" Scenic Eclipse (2018) built for Scenic Cruises.
In November 2016, Crystal announced an yacht fleet expansion - from 1 to 3 new vessels, with scheduled deliveries in 2019 (Endeavor), 2021 (tbn) and 2022 (tbn).The sister-vessels (tbn) will have the already "standard" for the ultra-luxury "mega-yacht" cruising industry mini-subs, helicopters and ROVs (Remotely Operated Vehicle).
Crystal's yacht fleet will operate in polar and coastal regions - European Arctic (during summer), migrating whales route (along the coasts of Europe and the Americas), down to Antarctica (during winter). The bold decision to built 3 new polar ships followed a 3-year research that found that nearly 70% of Crystal Cruises passengers are highly interested in polar expedition travel.
- In January 2018, Crystal Yacht Cruises announced significant changes the new ships design, downsizing the "Exclusive" class ships and removing the private residences on top deck (by the original design).
- The delivery (initially scheduled for 2018 and pushed back to 2019, was set for 2022.
- The new class mega-yachts are ice-classed vessels with max passenger capacity 1,000. The staterooms include 48 ultra-luxury "Crystal Residences" - private suites ranging between 600-4000 ft2 (56-372 m2) each.
- According to latest official news releases, the "Exclusive-Class" changes to "Diamond-Class". The vessels will be reduced in size (from GT tonnage 100,000 to 65,000 tons) and with 20% decreased passenger capacity (800 instead of 1000).
"Crystal AirCruises" is GHK's newest venture of the top-luxury cruise company Crystal Cruises. This travel division (established also as a subsidiary company) is served by two aircraft - Boeing 777-200LR (building cost USD 296 million per unit) and the planned for purchasing Boeing 787 Dreamliner (building cost USD 225 million per unit).
The air plane operates on 14-, 21- and 28-day "fly-cruise" itineraries. It has capacity 88 passengers and serves all Crystal cruise itineraries' air-and-land portions.
The top-luxury aircraft featurs lay-flat seats (reclining to 73,5 inches / 1,87 m) positioned in clusters of 2, 2 aisles, dining lounge (with 4 dining tables), bar lounge, 2 galleys / kitchens. All passenger seats can convert to 180-degree lie-flat beds.
Onboard (all-inclusive / complimentary) amenities include free Wi-Fi, premium wines, meals prepared by an executive chef, use of iPads and noise-cancelling headphones (by Bose), power outlets and USB ports (at each seat) on-demand movies and music, custom-made plush bedding (for sleeping on the plane), premium bath amenities (by ETRO).
Crystal Skye"air cruise ship"
Officially named "Crystal Skye", the aircraft Boeing 777-200LR ("Longer Range", aka Worldliner) was introduced in 2006 as one of the world's longest-range commercial airliners. The plane is able to continuously fly between almost any 2 airports in the world, holding the record for longest nonstop flight done by a commercial aircraft - 15,844 km (9,845 ml).
Crystal Skye aircraft was officially handed over to Crystal AirCruises on August 2, 2017. The ceremony was held at the Boeing Field in Seattle WA. The new airplane was delivered to Edie Rodriguez (Crystal's President and CEO). It became known as the world's largest privately owned tour jet. The airplane was officially christened in Las Vegas Nevada on August 12, 2017.
Crystal Skye's inaugural flight cruise (9-night itinerary, September 29 through October 8, 2017) was themed "Golden Week Holiday AirCruise” leaving out of Hong Kong. Boeing 777 model 200LR has an increased MTOW (maximum takeoff weight) and 3 auxiliary fuel tanks. The plane also features raked wingtips and additional structural strengthening, wingtip extensions (3,9 m / 13 ft). As of June 2017, this aircraft was ordered by 11 different customers (a total of 59 units).
- In addition to the Boeing 777, GHK's brand "Crystal Luxury Air" has plans to double its fleet by purchasing a second Boeing aircraft - the 787 Dreamliner. This plane is a long-haul, twin-engine jet airliner with passenger capcity 242 to 335 (3-class seating). The aircraft was the world's first built with composite materials as the primary construction material for the airframe. The aircraft was introduced in 2011.
- In the end of 2015, the company announced planned purchase of two more aircraft - Airbus ACJ319 (corporate jet with removable extra fuel tanks) and Bombardier Global Express XRS (Canada-manufactured ultra long range business jet). Bombardier Global Express XRS is an epitome of luxury and comfort with a spacious 2-cabin configuration (up to 13 guests), 4 executive wide seats (with foldout tables), a 4-seat conference space (opposite a 1-seat workstation and cabinet), cabin HD monitors, surround sound, high temperature oven, even an aft lounge with large LCD screen. Airbus ACJ319 jet's capacity is 30 guests and features 16 lay-flat seats.
- Crystal Cruises planes provide private charters and transportation for the company's customers with booked Crystal cruise itineraries (regardless ocean, river or yacht). Private charter jet service is of superior quality and caters to corporate executives, small groups, wealthy families and discerning travellers looking for flexible and private luxury travel.
Crystal's flight cruise deals are inclusive of all hotel stays (at the world’s most luxurious hotels), top-quality gourmet dining (at premium restaurants with Michelin star-level cuisine) and local cultural entertainment.
Itinerary of Crystal Cruises
The April 24 sailing of Symphony replaced visits to Istanbul and Kusadasi with calls at the Greek ports of Souda Bay, Navplion (overnight), Athens (overnight) and Hydra. Replacing the Turkish ports on the May 1 itinerary are Athens, Patmos and Rhodes. Pre-reserved shore excursions in Kusadasi and Istanbul are automatically canceled and refunded, for both voyages.
Ports of call in Turkey scheduled for Esprit in April and November are changed, but new itineraries have not been finalized yet. Other lines ready to pull Turkish ports from cruises include Disney Cruise Line and Celebrity Cruises.
Crystal Cruises also announced its 62-guest mega-yacht Crystal Esprit redeployment to Caribbean in November 2017. The Esprit offers roundtrip sailings every Sunday from Marigot Bay, Saint Martin, on 2 alternating 7-day routes. The first itinerary features visits to St.Barthelemy and 4 locations in the BVI. A second itinerary takes the ship to Anguilla, Saba, Nevis, St Barthelemy and St Martin.
In 2017, for the first time, Crystal Cruises based a ship in North America for an extended season. Crystal Serenity spent most part of 2017, following its world voyage, sailing itineraries to the Caribbean, both U.S. coasts, Canada/New England and Alaska.
The 2017 cruises of Crystal Serenity include:
- Panama Canal from Miami to Los Angeles
- 7-night California coastal sailings
- 14-night Mexico voyages
- 16-night Hawaii cruises
- 7-10-night Alaska & British Columbia
- 7- and 10-night New England & Eastern Canada
- Fall and winter Caribbean cruises and sailings along the Southern East Coast
Four maiden calls are offered on 2017 'Southern Celebración' world cruise aboard Crystal Serenity in the Americas. The 94-day adventure operates round-trip from Miami FL to destinations in Argentina, Belize, Brazil, Chile, Ecuador, Honduras, Mexico, Peru, Uruguay and the Caribbean, with Antarctica scenic sailing. The new ports of call include Santo Tomás de Castilla, Guatemala, featuring rugged adventures, ancient Mayan ruins (UNESCO World Heritage-listed), exotic foliage and wildlife. Matarani, Peru is a small UNESCO-listed fishing port, serving as the gateway to Arequipa, surrounded by three volcanoes at heights of nearly 20,000 feet. In Chile, the mining history of Iquique evokes America's Old West. There is also restored Georgian and Victorian architecture, wide swaths of beach, a sea with terrific surfing and duty-free shopping. Castro (Chiloe Island) is the third oldest city in Chile in continued existence. It offers UNESCO sites plus renowned contemporary art and archaeological museums.
Crystal Cruises takes Serenity out of its longtime European home because it has a new yacht and river ships that debut from late 2015 through 2017. The new ventures will offer itineraries along the seas and rivers of Europe. To make the change, however, the line had to remove previous sailings of Crystal Serenity scheduled from Apr. 15 through Oct. 27, 2017.
Crystal Cruises 2017-2018 schedules of Crystal Serenity and Crystal Symphony showed 57 maiden port calls (new port visits) worldwide. The schedules of Serenity and Symphony (line's largest ships) included a total of 109 itineraries visiting 116 different countries and a total of 469 cruise ports (of which 57 are first-time calls). Also featured were 7-day roundtrips from Vancouver BC, world cruises (with customized itinerary options), luxury safari tours (in Madagascar and Mauritius), visiting the regions of Amazon, North Cape, Red Sea.
The line's new itinerary program announcement coincided with the launch of the All Exclusive' brand campaign. It features a luxury travel portfolio, including Crystal River Cruises, Crystal Yacht Cruises, Crystal Luxury Air, as well as Crystal Residences aboard the brand new Exclusive Class vessels (debuting in 2018).
- 2017 itinerary highlights include Crystal Serenity's Northwest Passage cruise (offered also in 2018), more 7-day roundtrips out of Vancouver Canada, and Crystal Serenity's 'Southern Celebración' world cruise (94-day) around South America.
- In 2017, Crystal returns to Port Everglades (Fort Lauderdale). Starting October 2017, Serenity and Symphony operates 8 itineraries to and from Fort Lauderdale. Currently, the cruise line occasionally offers departures out of Miami. Crystal's last departures from Port Everglades were in 2006.
Crystal Symphony is one of the first ships to call at Doha, Qatar and her 'Grand Pacific Explorer' 99-day cruise will call at 46 ports in 14 different countries, from Australia to Japan. Inclusive 2- or 3-night pre- and post-cruise land-based programs to Paris, Machu Picchu and Iguazu Falls are available. The itineraries are designed around Midsummer’s Eve in Stockholm, the Military Tattoo in Edinburgh and an overnight at Muscat on sultan’s birthday.
Crystal's first African holiday cruise (roundtrip from Cape Town South Africa) was scheduled December 22, 2017 to January 7, 2018.
A visit to Dover by Crystal Symphony on August 10, 2017 noted the first return of Crystal Cruises company to the port since 2015. Meanwhile, in 2016, Crystal was experimenting with Portsmouth and Tilbury. On her latest UK cruise, the Symphony ship sailed from Liverpool on August 18, 2017 on the first of a trio of 6- and 7-night “Crystal Getaway” sampler voyages running down to Iberia. The new cruises, derived from splitting longer itineraries, are: August 18, 7-day Liverpool to Dover; August 25, 6-day Dover to Bordeaux; August 31, 6-day Bordeaux to Lisbon. An overnight Dover call is planned this Thursday, August 24. More visits to Dover have been booked for 2018, 2019 and 2020.
In 2018, Crystal Cruises operates 4 world cruises, with travelers able to switch vessels to customize their itineraries. The company features luxury African safaris on an itinerary visiting Madagascar and Mauritius. The cruises will explore Amazon, North Cape, Arabian Gulf and Red Sea.
Crystal Cruises 2018-2019 Global Itineraries
Crystal Cruises award-winning global itineraries for 2018 and 2019 feature a comprehensive collection of cruises aboard Crystal Serenity and Crystal Symphony, with innovative itineraries that range from 6 to 129 days, along with maiden calls and destination experiences. Itinerary highlights include:
- 54 total cruises in 2018. A couple of epic World Cruise voyages bring the sister ships together for their soiree in Sydney, allowing passengers to continue the global journey on the opposite vessel from there;
- An overnight maiden visit to Manila on a Southeast Asia cruise;
- A return to the Arabian Gulf and Holy Land, with a maiden call in Doha and overnights in Mumbai, Muscat, Abu Dhabi, Ashdod and Dubai;
- A North American selection in Alaska, Canada and New England, affording domestic air travel and maiden calls in Maine, Rockland, Trois-Rivieres, Quebec and Bimini;
- African safaris on itinerary exploring the Indian Ocean isles;
- Specialized itineraries exploring the Amazon, Persian Gulf, Red Sea and North Cape;
- 65 total cruises in 2019. A World Cruise onboard Crystal Serenity which follows a tropical route out of Hawaii and Australia to Africa and on to Monte Carlo;
- A Mediterranean season, expanded from April to October;
- An itinerary exploring Japan, Petropavlovsk (Russia) and then crossing the International Dateline enroute to Alaska;
- New Far East routes through Thailand, Cambodia, China and Vietnam;
- Warm-weather experiences along the North American Gulf Coast and South America with overnights in lively hubs including New Orleans, Buenos Aires and Rio de Janeiro;
- Monumental itineraries with a focus on cultural powerhouse spots, including a full 3-day stay in UNESCO-listed Bordeaux;
- Remote sites, such as Cook Islands’ Aitutaki Island and Siberia’s Kamchatka Peninsula.
Northwest Passage Cruises 2016-2017
In Summer 2016, Crystal Serenity entered the list of Arctic cruise ships with a Northwest Passage Cruise itinerary.
- The 32-days long one-way itinerary was from Seward Alaska to NYC New York (August 16 to September 16), with ports of call Kodiak Island Alaska (Aug 17), Dutch Harbor Unalaska (Aug 19), Nome Alaska (Aug 21), Victoria Island Nunavut Canada (Aug 27 and 29), Baffin Island Nunavut Canada (Sept 4), Ilulissat Greenland (Sept 7), Sisimiut Greenland (Sept 8), Nuuk Greenland (Sept 9), Bar Harbor Maine (Sept 13), Boston Massachusetts (Sept 14) and Newport Rhode Island (Sept 15).
- In 2017, the Serenity ship has scheduled a second Northwest Passage transit. The 2017 cruise itinerary (32-days Seward to New York City, August 15 through September 15) included the same ports of call - Kodiak Island Alaska (Aug 16), Dutch Harbor Unalaska (Aug 18), Nome Alaska (Aug 20), Victoria Island Nunavut Canada (Aug 25 and 28), Baffin Island Nunavut Canada (Sept 3), Ilulissat Greenland (Sept 6), Sisimiut Greenland (Sept 7), Nuuk Greenland (Sept 8), Bar Harbor Maine USA (Sept 12), Boston Massachusetts USA (Sept 13) and Newport Rhode Island USA (Sept 14).
- For the August 2017 Northwest Passage, the company hired a comprehensive team of Arctic experts from "Arctic Kingdom" (Canada-based company), who will do regular onboard lectures on the region's geography, culture and wildlife, and also will lead all the expeditions ashore. The cruise ship was escorted through the Canadian Arctic by the icebreaker ship (UK-operated) Ernest Shackleton.
- Crystal's "Northwest Passage" cruise prices started from USD 21,855 per person (double occupancy rates). The company's "Crystal Clear Choices" promotion offered savings for bookings made by March 31, 2017.
Crystal river cruise itineraries
In July 2015, Genting announced its expansion plan that includes building new ships for its river cruise line. The new boats feature larger staterooms and bigger space-to-guest ratio in comparison to any other river cruise vessel. The boats' itineraries are planned to maximize port times for quality tour experiences ashore.
The new river brand's operations started in 2016 and are exclusively on European waterways. The Crystal company’s product is well known worldwide for its exceptional quality and fully all-inclusive deals.
Itineraries are in Europe exclusively - on the rivers Rhine, Main, Danube and Moselle. They intentionally deviate from traditional waterways routes to avoid congestion in the visited ports. The list of destinations (visited countries along the itinerary) includes Germany, Switzerland, Holland, France, Belgium, Austria, Slovakia, Hungary. On Grand European itineraries (between Baltic Sea and Black Sea) are additionally included ports of call in the Balkan countries Croatia, Serbia, Bulgaria and Romania.
The Crystal River Cruises line operates a fleet of all 5 (for now) top-luxury "river yachts". All riverboats sail on rivers in Europe.
- Crystal Bach (2017)
- Crystal Debussy (2017)
- Crystal Mahler (2017)
- Crystal Mozart (2016, former MS Mozart)
- Crystal Ravel (2017)
Starting in 2017, Crystal's new river cruise itineraries are:
- Note: All riverboats also offer themed Christmas and New Year's Eve voyages.
- Crystal Mozart (maiden voyage: July 13, 2016) - Danube itineraries (10 or 11 nights) visited Wachau Valley (Vienna, Passau, Bratislava) or Eastern Danube (Vienna, Budapest, Belgrade).
- Crystal Debussy (maiden voyage: June 4, 2017) - offers 5-, 7- and 10-night Seine River itineraries with multiple overnights in Paris. Visited port city destinations included Honfleur, Normandy beaches, Deauville, Rouen.
- Crystal Bach (maiden voyage: June 18, 2017) - the 14-night inaugural cruise (on Rhine and Moselle rivers) visited Amsterdam, Basel, Antwerp,
- Crystal Ravel (maiden voyage: August 8, 2017) - cruises on Garonne (also Gironde Estuary) and Dordogne Rivers in France on 7-night itineraries with 2-nights (overnight stay) in Bordeaux and visiting Pauillac, Blaye, Libourne.
- Crystal Mahler (Maiden voyage: August 29, 2017) - cruises on Rhine, Main and Danube rivers. The Inaugural Cruise (16-night "Grand Europe") included overnights in Budapest, Vienna, Passau, Amsterdam.
Crystal River Cruises added 4 shorter Danube sailings on Crystal Mahler which are an alternative to the 16-day cruises offered by the vessel.
The 106-passenger Crystal Mahler, launch September 2017, sails three 7-day Danube Serenade itineraries between Budapest and Vienna, plus one 11-day Reflections on the Danube cruise during April and May 2018. Mahler's 16-day Grand Europe voyages, which sail between Amsterdam and Budapest for the most part of the year, sail the Rhine and Main rivers. The brand new itineraries depart April 10, April 17, April 24 and May 1.
The April 10 cruise is hosted by the founder of Susan G. Komen Foundation and former U.S. ambassador to Hungary, Nancy Brinker, who is discussing diplomacy and art during the cruise. The April 24 "President's Cruise" is hosted by Crystal CEO Edie Rodriguez. The May 1 sailing features a focus on Jewish heritage.
Note: You can see the CruiseMapper's list of all river cruise ships and riverboats in the "itinerary" section of our River Cruises hub. All river passenger shipping line companies and their fleets are listed there.
Crystal cruise ship tracker
Our Crystal cruise tracker is a function integrated into all Crystal river ship review articles. At page-bottom in each page you’ll find a map with the boat’s current location (AIS position). All the real-time tracking data is provided by VesselFinder. It’s all about convenience – you will find where is your Crystal ship cruising today and right now along its current itinerary - in realtime!
The complete list of Genting cruise brands and assets includes the following vessels:
- Crystal Cruises ships
- Crystal Serenity (2003)
- Crystal Symphony (1995)
- SS United States (renovated ocean liner)
- Crystal Yacht Cruises fleet (luxury mega-yachts)
- Crystal Endeavor (2018 )
- Crystal Esprit (1989 as "MegaStar Taurus")
- Crystal AirCruises (private jet tours around the world)
- Bombardier Global Express XRS (2016)
- Boeing 777-200LR (2017)
Crystal Cruises related cruise news
Enhancing sky-high capabilities of the new Bombardier Global Express Jet XRS, the company of Crystal Luxury Air recently finished a refurbishment of...January 29, 2018
Crystal Cruises unveiled its guide to award-winning global itineraries, line's 2018 and 2019 Worldwide Atlas. The brochure advertises the...January 23, 2018
MV Werften celebrated the start of the construction on Crystal’s newest luxury expedition yacht, Crystal Endeavor, via the cutting of the first...January 16, 2018
Dubai was chosen as the location for Crystal Cruises' flagship to make its maiden cruise in the region following an extensive refurbishment. The...November 27, 2017
People who board the 62-passenger expedition yacht Crystal Esprit, that sails to the Adriatic and West Indies, will benefit from an extra special...November 15, 2017
One of the world's most awarded luxury cruise ships boasts a sophisticated new look, offering passengers freshly imagined choices during their...November 6, 2017
Crystal Cruises unveiled an expanded Crystal Getaways selection. Crystal Getaways are abbreviated sailings derived from longer itineraries, for...October 23, 2017
Crystal Cruises' itinerary through the Arctic's Northwest Passage will take 2018 off. The company plans to come back with a smaller ship...September 25, 2017
Crystal River Cruises took delivery of river cruise ship Crystal Mahler on Wednesday, September 20, 20017. The handover ceremony was held at MV...September 21, 2017
A visit to Dover by Crystal Symphony on August 10 noted the first return of Crystal Cruises company to the port since 2015. Meanwhile, in 2016...August 23, 2017
- show more news