Adventure Of The Seas Review and Specifications
Specifications of Adventure Of The Seas
|Builder||KVAERNER MASA-YARDS INC. TURKU NEW SHIPYARD|
|Year of built||2001|
|Gross Tonnage||137276 gt|
|Passengers||3130 - 3756|
|Decks with cabins||7|
Review of Adventure Of The Seas
Launched in 2001, Adventure of the Seas is the 3rd Voyager-class Royal Caribbean ship, together with Explorer, Navigator, Mariner and Voyager. The ship cost US $500 million to build and was last refurbished in 2016.
History - construction & ownership
Royal Caribbean International (RCI) is owned by Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. RCI is a cruise line brand established in Norway and currently based in Miami, Florida. As of September 2015, the line controls a 17% share of the world cruise market, with 23 cruise ships in service and other three on order. All vessels under the Royal Caribbean brand have had their names ending with "of the Seas" since 1991. Sister brands owned by Royal Caribbean Ltd. are Azamara Cruises, Celebrity Cruises, CDF Croisières de France and Pullmantur Cruises.
The 137,276-ton, 3,690-passenger cruise ship Adventure of the Seas has been bypassed in size and conveniences by the Freedom-class trio and the massive Oasis-class twins. However, it's still between the largest ships in the world, with a range of the most uncruise-like places at sea, like a rollerblading track, ice-skating rink and rock-climbing wall - not to mention the bustling hub Royal Promenade, which is a shopping mall-esque boulevard of retail shops, bars, clubs and cafes.
Cruise itinerary program
Most Adventure of the Seas staterooms are 150-sq.foot insides (480). Almost 50% of ship's accommodations have private balcony views. There are a total of 1557 staterooms in 25 categories. 26 are the wheelchair accessible rooms. The largest aboard Adventure of the Seas are the Royal Suites (1090 ft2 - more than 100 m2!).
Dining options - Food & Drinks
From the meals in the three main dining rooms to the buffet choices in Windjammer Cafe and options available at 24-hour Cafe Promenade, food aboard Adventure of the Seas is well prepared with plentiful choices, especially considering ship's capacity. The main dining rooms offer flexible "My Time Dining" during dinner. Guests can choose between assigned early or late dining, or opt for flexible dining. The Windjammer buffet restaurant features mediocre cuisine with kudos to the egg station at breakfast and the carving station at lunch. Vegetarians will do better in the MDR at lunch. The Windjammer, however, is an option for the nights when flexibility is expected. The buffet features the items offered on the main dining room menu. The Italian-themed Giovanni’s Table charges a US$20 per-person cover charge (specialty beverages, wine, beer and soda are paid separately), and offers a multi-course meal. Johnny Rockets is another specialty eatery, 1950's-style burger joint, where passengers can indulge in hot dogs, burgers, chili fries and onion rings.
Follows the complete list of Adventure of the Seas restaurants and food bars.
- Vivaldi Restaurant (544-seat aft Dining Room with fixed seating for Dinner)
- Strauss Restaurant (502-seat aft, dinner only Dining Room, with two fixed seatings)
- Mozart Restaurant (544-seat aft, dinner only Dining Room, with Club Dining at 6:00 or 8:30 p.m. and "Your Time Dining" 6:00-9:30 p.m.)
- Windjammer Cafe lido buffet restaurant (310-seat, offers Early Breakfast at 6:30 a.m., Breakfast between 7:00-11:30 a.m., Lunch 11.30-3:30 p.m. and Dinner 6.30-9:00 p.m.)
- Johnny Rockets Restaurant (80-seat burger bar, extra fee applied)
- Giovanni’s Table (Italian specialty restaurant, reservations recommended)
- Island Grill (454-seat).
Entertainment options - Fun & Sport
Atmosphere diversity is the key aboard Adventure of the Seas. The Lyric Theater has a great Art Nouveau interior; the solarium pool evokes the glories of Venice; and the large Casino Royal centers on a Hollywood theme. The Duck and Dog Pub is ideal for Anglo-philes, Champagne Bar is very stylish and Jester's Nightclub resonates with a Gothic vibe.
At night, Adventure of the Seas offers two kinds of entertainment - traditional-style productions (singing and dancing shows) presented in The Lyric, and goofy episodes like "Love and Marriage". Bar venues offer various musical performances aimed to please everybody at any time with classical guitar, jazz and country. Beyond the usual, where this cruise vessel excels is the unique, like Studio B ice rink which hosts "Cool Art - Hot Ice" - worth the effort to get a ticket (free of charge but the venue is tiny, so tickets are limited).
Follows the complete list of Adventure of the Seas lounges, clubs and other entertainment venues for kids, teens and adults.
- The Lyric Theatre (1362-seat, features two grand productions per night with dance, acrobatics, comedy and game shows)
- Screening Room (58-seat cinema)
- Studio B Lounge (904-seat indoor ice-skating rink; also serves as a spot for ice shows, cooking demos, game parties)
- Jesters Disco & Nightclub (240-seat)
- Photo Gallery & Shop; Art Gallery (art auctions are organized in the 350-seat Imperial Lounge)
- The Centrum (social hub); Next Cruise Lounge; Concierge Club (34-seat; suite and past guests only); Viking Crown Lounge & Bar; Diamond Club Lounge & Bar (past guests only); Blue Moon Lounge & Nightclub (96-seat jazz club); Cloud 9 cocktail lounge (28-seat)
- Schooner Bar (130-seat piano bar); Aquarium Bar (130-seat lobby bar); Connoisseur Cigar Club (28-seat smoking lounge); Ben & Jerry’s ice cream bar; Duck & Dog English pub (75-seat); Champagne Bar; Gravity Bar (93-seat sports bar); Sky Bar
- Casino Royale (409-seat)
- Cafe Promenade (105-seat, 24-hour; serves snacks and drinks, as well as Starbucks specialty coffee)
- Royal Promenade Boutiques (perfumes, jewellry, duty free alcohol, general store, logo/souvenirs); Sea Trek Dive Shop
- Cupcake Cupboard (bakery)
- Royal Caribbean Online center (Internet computers room; 24-hour)
- Vitality at Sea Spa & Fitness Center
- Solarium lounge (includes Park Cafe, pool bar and adults only pool area)
- Outdoor movie screen
- Challengers Video Games Arcade; Optix Teen Disco club; Living Room teen lounge area; Royal Babies & Tots Nursery
- Adventure Beach; Adventure Ocean kids lounge area
- Sports Court (golf simulator, table tennis, basketball court); Jogging Track; Rock-climbing Wall; Adventure Dunes Golf Course; Inline Roller Skating Track
- Seven Hearts card room (40-seat).
- Skylight Wedding Chapel (40-seat, provides religious services).
Other Royal Caribbean cruise ships
Adventure Of The Seas Itineraries 2016
The below listed Adventure Of The Seas cruise prices on 2016 itineraries are only indicative and Per Person (in US dollars, based on double occupancy). These are the cheapest Royal Caribbean fares on the ship’s lowest category cabins available for booking. Cruise fares typically change with departure dates approaching, last minute deals, discounts, promotions, independent travel agency offers.
Adventure Of The Seas Itineraries 2017
The below listed Adventure Of The Seas cruise prices on 2017 itineraries are only indicative and Per Person (in US dollars, based on double occupancy). These are the cheapest Royal Caribbean fares on the ship’s lowest category cabins available for booking. Cruise fares typically change with departure dates approaching, last minute deals, discounts, promotions, independent travel agency offers.
|29 Mar||Departing from San Juan, Puerto Rico|
|30 Mar 08:00 - 18:00||Saint Thomas, St Thomas, USV|
|31 Mar 08:00 - 18:00||St Johns, St Johns, Antigua|
|01 Apr 08:00 - 18:00||Saint Lucia/Castries, Castries, St Lucia|
|02 Apr 08:00 - 19:00||Bridgetown, Barbados|
|04 Apr 08:00 - 19:00||Kralendijk, Caribbean Netherlands|
|05 Apr 08:00 - 22:00||Willemstad, Curacao|
|08 Apr||Arriving in San Juan, Puerto Rico|
Adventure Of The Seas Itineraries 2018
The below listed Adventure Of The Seas cruise prices on 2018 itineraries are only indicative and Per Person (in US dollars, based on double occupancy). These are the cheapest Royal Caribbean fares on the ship’s lowest category cabins available for booking. Cruise fares typically change with departure dates approaching, last minute deals, discounts, promotions, independent travel agency offers.