Celebrity Beyond Review and Specifications
Specifications of Celebrity Beyond
|Year built||2020 new ship|
|Builder||Chantiers de l’Atlantique (Saint-Nazaire, STX France)|
|Owner||Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd (RCCL)|
|Length (LOA)||306 m / 1004 ft|
|Beam (width)||39 m / 128 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||129500 gt|
|Passengers||2918 - 3373|
Review of Celebrity Beyond
Launched in 2020, Celebrity Beyond is the second of the four Edge-class Celebrity Cruises ships, together with Celebrity Edge (2018) and a couple of still unnamed vessels, scheduled for fall 2021 and fall 2022.
History - construction & ownership
Celebrity Cruises is a cruise line founded in 1988 by the based in Greece Chandris Group. In 1997, Royal Caribbean International merged with Celebrity Cruises Ltd. to become Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd., which operates Royal Caribbean International, Celebrity, Azamara Club Cruises, CDF Croisières de France and Pullmantur Cruises. The signature "Χ" on the funnel of all Celebrity vessels is the Greek letter chi, standing for "Chandris". The company is headquartered in Miami, Florida. Common features onboard Celebrity brand ships include aft-glass dining rooms, alternate dining venues, formal foyer areas, balcony and suite staterooms, large lounging areas and pools, signature bars and lounges, elegant spas and relaxation areas.
You can watch the following YouTube video (official Celebrity Cruises release) about all the Celebrity Edge cruise ship's unique features.
The 117,000-ton, 2,900-passenger cruise ship Celebrity Beyond is the second of four cruise ships scheduled to debut for Celebrity Cruises under its Project Edge. Celebrity Beyond debuts in spring 2020. The new ships are bigger than Millennium-class vessels but smaller than those in Solstice Class. The line promised "small-ship itineraries with large-ship amenities," destination-rich experiences and iconic architecture. The first newbuild, Celebrity Edge, debuts in fall 2018. The other 2 yet-unnamed vessels emerge in fall 2021 and fall 2022.
The next generation of cruise ships moved from concept to construction on November 21, 2016 as the first steel was cut at STX France shipyard for the newest and boldest ship of Celebrity Cruises, Celebrity Edge, befitting the daring design advances and innovations of Celebrity’s first new ship class since 2008.
Cruise itinerary program
Celebrity Beyond itinerary program is to be announced soon.
Most Celebrity Beyond staterooms are Balcony rooms. There are also a number of wheelchair accessible rooms. The largest aboard Celebrity Beyond are the Suites. Of all the 1467 staterooms, 918 are Edge Staterooms (with Infinite Verandas) and 176 are suites.
Dining options - Food & Drinks
Passengers in AquaClass staterooms or suites eat at Blu, which offers lighter "spa-inspired" cuisine. They have the option to eat in the MDR if they prefer such an experience. Beyond offers a number of for-fee venues, including Qsine (for US$45 per person), Italian steakhouse Tuscan Grill (US$45), French-continental Murano (US$45), D.I.Y. steak experience Lawn Club Grill (US$40), creperie Bistro on 5 (US$10) and The Porch (US$5, panini restaurant open for breakfast and lunch). Qsine diners can order on iPads, then waiters bring the food in the order of choosing.
One of the features that makes Celebrity Beyond unique is the Magic Carpet — a glass structure the size of a tennis court, able to traverse 13 stories, like a large elevator.
Entertainment options - Fun & Sport
Ship's Lawn Deck is equipped with real grass and the vessel has more deck chairs than others, offering calm atmosphere under the sun. The Celebrity iLounge gives guests computer tutorial classes and is also a representative of Apple, providing access to the most affordable Mac products available at duty-free prices. Another feature of Celebrity Beyond is the AquaSpa café, ideal for a quick lunch after the spa. The Sky Observation Lounge offers live music at sunset, or you can test your luck at Fortune’s Casino – there’s something to do onboard at anytime.
The following official YouTube video reviews the ship's glass-walled Eden Observation Lounge combining dining and nightlife.
- Eden is a 3-deck high (decks 4, 5, 6) lounge-bar-restaurant venue with live music and show programming changing throughout the day.
- Eden Lounge measures 10439 m3 (368640 ft3) and covers a total area of 1175 m2 (12650 ft2). The lounge has outward-facing design and combines a signature gastronomic experience (light lunch, 5-course dinner, wine tastings) with live performances, daily lectures, promo events. The lounge has alfresco dining areas on both its sides. In the evening, the lounge transforms into "Eve at Eden", with more provocative entertainment (fusion of performance art, dining and nightlife.
- The Eden Restaurant is part of th lounge.
- The Eden Bar is a food and drinks bar, also serving hand-crafted cocktails.
- The lounge's 90-m / 295 ft long ramp envelops the entire space and provides panoramic views.
- The lounge's unconventional furniture and interiors are designed by Patricia Urquiola (Spain). She also designed the lounge's "Library of Plants" (living garden) and the hanging plant pillars.
- the lounge's designer is Scott Butler (Wilson Butler Architects, Boston MA).
- The evening show programming is by Variety Worldwide (NYC New York).
"The Meeting Place" is named the ship's Conference Center (sized 183 m2 / 1970 ft2). This large meeting room is designed by Wilson Butler Architects (Boston MA) and provides advanced audio-visual equipment, varied seating arrangements, private office (event planning space), as well as mobile bars (for food and beverages) and a fully equipped pantry.
Celebrity Beyond wiki
- The Edge Class Celebrity cruise ships were designed via exclusive partnership with Nate Berkus (US interior designer). At the age of 24, he established an interior design firm.
Celebrity Beyond ship related cruise news
The French cruise ship builder STX France (St Nazaire) and 2 of its customers signed firm building contracts covering 8 ships that have been...December 23, 2016
The world's largest cruise ship is getting another sister. Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. revealed plans to build a 5th Oasis-class ship, less than a...May 26, 2016
- show more news