Crystal River Cruises (Crystal Cruises)
Crystal Bach Review and Specifications
Specifications of Crystal Bach
|Year built||2017 / Age : 1|
|Builder||MV Werften (Wismar, Germany)|
|Class||Rhine-class River Cruiser|
|Owner||(GHK) Genting Hong Kong Ltd|
|Operator||Crystal River Cruises|
|Speed||12 kn / 22 kph / 14 mph|
|Length (LOA)||135 m / 443 ft|
|Beam (width)||12 m / 39 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||5000 gt|
|Passengers||114 - 169|
|Decks with cabins||2|
|Christened by||Anna-Maria Kaufmann|
Current itinerary of Crystal Bach
Crystal Bach current cruise is 14 days, one-way from Frankfurt am Main to Amsterdam. Prices start from USD 8332 (double occupancy rates). The itinerary starts on 16 Sep, 2018 and ends on 30 Sep, 2018.
|Date / Time||Port|
|16 Sep||Departing from Frankfurt am Main, Germany|
|17 Sep||Rhine River|
|18 Sep 08:00 - 23:00||Breisach am Rhein, Germany|
|19 Sep 06:00 - 19 Sep||Basel, Zurich, Switzerland(Overnight)|
|20 Sep - 19:00||Basel, Zurich, Switzerland|
|21 Sep 08:00 - 20:00||Kiel, Germany|
|22 Sep 08:00 - 12:00||Speyer, Germany|
|23 Sep||Mainz, Germany|
|23 Sep||Rhine River|
|23 Sep 15:00 - 23 Sep||Rudesheim, Germany(Overnight)|
|24 Sep - 08:00||Rudesheim, Germany|
|24 Sep||Rhine River|
|24 Sep||Koblenz, Germany|
|25 Sep||Cochem, Germany|
|25 Sep||Moselle River, Germany-France|
|26 Sep 08:00 - 23:00||Cologne, Germany|
|27 Sep 08:00 - 14:00||Nijmegen, Holland|
|28 Sep 08:00 - 20:00||Antwerp, Belgium|
|29 Sep 09:00 - 29 Sep||Amsterdam, Holland(Overnight)|
|30 Sep||Arriving in Amsterdam, Holland|
Review of Crystal Bach
Crystal Bach cruise ship belongs to the fleet of Crystal River Cruises. The company operates a total of 4 newbuild top-luxury "river yachts" (by the shipbuilder Lloyd Werft / MV Werften, Wismar Germany) plus 1 riverboat acquired in 2015. Mahler's fleetmates and sister-ships are named Crystal Debussy, Crystal Mahler and Crystal Ravel. To start operations, the Crystal river cruise line purchased an existing riverboat - Crystal Mozart - that was fully refurbished and launched in July 2016.
History - construction and ownership
One of the top-luxury passenger shipping companies, Crystal Cruises operates both ocean and river cruises on premium liners and newbuild riverboats with all inclusive travel package deals. Company's ships are top-ranked in numerous categories, offer intimate cruising experience, 5-star hotel amenities, superior service. The company was founded in 1988 as subsidiary of the Japanese NYK Line (Nippon Yusen Kaisha) – one of the world's largest container shipping companies. In 2015, NYK Line sold Crystal Cruises to Genting Hong Kong (GHK). Following the acquisition, the company was renamed to Crystal Ltd. It currently includes the brands Crystal Cruises (ocean-going ships), Crystal River Cruises (European riverboats), Crystal Yacht Cruises (mega-yachts), Crystal Luxury Air (aircraft) and Crystal AirCruises (fly-cruise deals).
Crystal River Cruises (division of Crystal Cruises) operate with fully all-inclusive deals. Brand's product is marked by gourmet dining, expert enrichment program, high-class onboard entertainment, top-luxury amenities and impeccable service on newbuild riverboats in Europe. In each port along the cruisetour itinerary are offered culture-themed events and excursions. In some ports, Crystal river cruise ships offer overnight stays allowing passengers to enjoy high-class gourmet dining experiences at Michelin-starred restaurants ashore and also exclusive evening events and entertainment shipboard.
To start its operations, the Crystal river cruise company purchased an existing riverboat that was refurbished and renamed Crystal Mozart (launched in July 2016). The company additionally ordered four new luxury river yacht ships (builder Lloyd Werft, Germany) scheduled for delivery in mid 2017: Crystal Bach, Crystal Debussy, Crystal Mahler and Crystal Ravel.
Crystal Bach was launched on June 18, 2017.
The ship has capacity for 114 passengers (max 169 pax / triple occupancy) and top-luxury suites (ranging from 20-71 m2 / 220-760 ft2). All staterooms on the new series Crystal river cruise ships feature the following industry-first cabin amenities - King beds, walk-in closets, and en-suite marble bathrooms with double sink vanities.
Shipboard dining options - Food and Drinks
Onboard dining options include Waterside Restaurant (dining room), Vintage Room (wine bar / private dinner / party venue), Palm Court (show lounge), Cove Bar, Bistro (casual cafe), top-deck Vista Bar & Grill. All venues are operated with open-seating dining.
Onboard dining menus include food prepared with freshest, locally sourced ingredients and itinerary-based traditional specialties - fresh seafood and fish (Holland), seasonal fruits and vegetables (Holland, Germany), meat and poultry (Austrian Alps and Bavarian farms), local draught and craft beers, regional wines and cheeses. Specialty coffees and teas served complimentary on the ship are by the Vienna Austria-based company Julius Meinl.
Shipboard entertainment options - Fun and Sport
The ship has 3 lounges and bars, 4 restaurants, 1 panoramic / glass elevator, gym and spa facilities. Unique features are the glass-domed atrium area and the indoor infinity pool (resistance swimming pool). The ship’s show lounge, Palm Court, has a stage for live performances, grand piano performances, singalongs. The lounge features a dance floor for themed dancing parties, a glass-dome cover, floor-ceiling window walls, live plants for decoration, comfortable seating, full-service bar. The 24-hour open coffee-tea corner, The Pantry, offers complimentary fruit basket, pastries, cookies, sparkling water. On the new river yachts there are also a Fitness Center and full-service Spa. One deck is dedicated to all onboard public spaces (including spa, gym, library, glass-domed Palm Court lounge). Each riverboat carries its own fleet of electric bikes, 2-person kayaks and jet skis for complimentary passenger use on individual or guided tours and excursions ashore.
River cruise Itineraries
Crystal Bach ship operates cruises on Rhine River leaving out of Amsterdam and Basel. The itineraries are themed as “The Classic Rhine”, “Tulips, Holland and Belgium Discovery”, and “Christmas Markets Along the Rhine”.
The all-inclusive Crystal river cruise deals (as cruise price inclusions) offer the following complimentary amenities and services:
- Gratuities for all the ship's staff, including housekeeping, bar, dining, butlers
- All meals (featuring 6-star gourmet cuisine and regional specialties)
- Unlimited soft drinks, premium beverages (including champagne, fine wines, spirits, beers, bottled water)
- 24-hour self-service pantry (specialty coffees, teas, wines, nonalcoholic drinks)
- 24-hour room service
- 24-hour Wi-Fi access, free Wi-Fi and satellite Internet usage (60 min pp per day)
- interactive TV (infotainment system) with movies on demand and music library
- Airport-to-ship group transfers - luxury coaches transport passengers from the airport to the riverboat on embarkation day.
- Ship-to-airport group transfers (on disembarkation day).
- Onboard daily yoga and fitness classes, daily choice of digital international newspapers
- Onboard entertainment and enrichment programing (destination / itinerary-focused), including lectures, destination expert (on each cruise), local experts and tour guides.
- Self-service guest laundry
- Twice daily housekeeping services (evening turndown service)
- In-cabin dining (hors d'oeuvres)
- Butler service for each cabin
- Two complimentary "Crystal Adventures" shore excursions in every port (curated). Additional excursions are available for purchase.
- Complimentary culinary tours to renowned local establishments
- Complimentary Atlanta eBikes, Nordic walking poles and audio headphones on all "Crystal Adventures" (shore excursions / land tours).
Note: You can see the CruiseMapper's list of all river cruise ships and riverboats in the "itinerary" section of our River Cruises hub. All companies and their fleets are listed there.
Crystal Bach wiki
- Crystal Bach riverboat is named after the German composer Johann Sebastian Bach (1685-1750).
- Crystal Mahler (yard number 123) and Crystal Bach (yard number 120) had a dual keel laying ceremony held on August 19, 2016, at MV Werften shipyard (Wismar Germany). The first steel plates were flame cut. The special event was attended by Tan Sri Lim Kok Thay (Genting Hong Kong's Executive Chairman), Edie Rodriguez (Crystal Cruises' President, CEO and Chairman) and Erwin Sellering (Mecklenburg-Vorpommern's Prime Minister). During the ceremony, "lucky coins" were placed on the keel blocks before the ship's first 2 sections (each 170 tons) were laid down.
- Crystal Bach belongs to a new (yacht-like) design riverboats. From the same class are the Crystal Mahler (same capacity) and the other pair of sister-ships Debussy and Ravel. Another member of the Crystal's river fleet is Crystal Mozart (formerly MS Mozart).
- The riverboat's Inaugural Cruise (Maiden Voyage) was scheduled for June 18, 2017. The 14-night itinerary (on Rhine and Moselle rivers) included as ports of call Amsterdam, Basel, Antwerp,
- MV Werften completed its first newbuild project on August 3, 2017 when the shipyard delivered Crystal Bach. The 2nd ship in line (Mahler) was scheduled for delivery a few weeks later. Crystal's Rhine Class riverboats 3 and 4 (Crystal Debussy and Crystal Ravel) were constructed at the MV Werften shipyard in Wismar, (starting January 2017 and scheduled for delivery in early 2018).
- On August 20, 2017, in Rudesheim (overnight stay) was the boat's christening ceremony led by godmother Anna-Maria Kaufmann - famous German soprano vocalist. As part of the ship's naming ceremony, she performed Johann Sebastian Bach's "Air on the G String" (the second movement in Orchestral Suite No 3 in D major, BWV 1068). Over the naming ceremony presided Edie Rodriguez (Crystal Cruises President and CEO).
Next table shows the ship's Inaugural Cruise itinerary (August 13-28, 2017). The 14-day Amsterdam to Frankfurt cruise prices started at USD 7840 pp (double occupancy rates).
|13 Aug||Departing from Amsterdam, Holland|
|15 Aug - 18:00||Amsterdam, Holland|
|16 Aug||Antwerp, Belgium|
|17 Aug||Nijmegen, Holland|
|18 Aug||Cologne, Germany|
|19 Aug||Rhine River, Moselle River|
|19 Aug||Cochem, Germany|
|20 Aug||Koblenz, Germany, Rhine River|
|20 Aug - 19:00||Rudesheim, Germany (Overnight)|
|21 Aug - 13:00||Rudesheim, Germany|
|21 Aug||Rhine River, Mainz, Germany|
|22 Aug||Speyer, Germany|
|23 Aug||Kiel, Germany|
|24 Aug||Breisach am Rhein, Germany|
|25 Aug - 09:00||Basel, Switzerland (Overnight)|
|26 Aug - 21:00||Basel, Switzerland|
|27 Aug||Rhine River|
|28 Aug||Arriving in Frankfurt am Main, Germany|
Godspeed to the new ship!
Crystal Bach - user reviews and comments
Crystal Bach ship related cruise news
- Cruise Industry
Crystal River Cruises unveiled its collection of picturesque sailings for 2020. Line's award-winning fleet of 5 all-suite luxury river boats: Crystal...August 26, 2018
- Cruise Industry
Crystal River Cruises announced over 2 dozen new Crystal Getaways for 3 of its river ships, sailing between May-November 2018. The new Getaways...April 6, 2018
- Cruise Industry
The World's Most Luxurious River Cruise Line™, Crystal River Cruises, christened the first of its 4 "Rhine Class" newbuilds, Crystal...August 21, 2017
- Cruise Industry
The most luxurious river cruise line in the world, Crystal River Cruises, announced that famed soprano vocalist and German performer, Anna...August 16, 2017
- show more news
Other Crystal River Cruises cruise ships
Crystal Bach Itineraries
The below listed Crystal Bach cruise prices on itineraries are only indicative and Per Person (in US dollars, based on double occupancy). These are the cheapest Crystal Cruises fares on the ship’s lowest category cabins available for booking. Cruise fares typically change with departure dates approaching, last minute deals, discounts, promotions, independent travel agency offers.
|Date||Cruise Name||Departure Port||Price from|
|2018 May 27||14 days, one-way from Frankfurt am Main to Amsterdam||Frankfurt am Main||$8025|
|2018 Jun 10||14 days, one-way from Amsterdam to Frankfurt am Main||Amsterdam||$7432|
|2018 Jun 24||14 days, one-way from Frankfurt am Main to Amsterdam||Frankfurt am Main||$7568|
|2018 Jul 08||14 days, one-way from Amsterdam to Frankfurt am Main||Amsterdam||$7110|
|2018 Jul 22||14 days, one-way from Frankfurt am Main to Amsterdam||Frankfurt am Main||$6952|
|2018 Aug 05||14 days, one-way from Amsterdam to Frankfurt am Main||Amsterdam||$7110|
|2018 Aug 19||14 days, one-way from Frankfurt am Main to Amsterdam||Frankfurt am Main||$7260|
|2018 Sep 02||14 days, one-way from Amsterdam to Frankfurt am Main||Amsterdam||$8340|
|2018 Sep 16||14 days, one-way from Frankfurt am Main to Amsterdam||Frankfurt am Main||$8332|
|2018 Sep 30||14 days, one-way from Amsterdam to Frankfurt am Main||Amsterdam||$7260|
|2018 Oct 14||14 days, one-way from Frankfurt am Main to Amsterdam||Frankfurt am Main||$6345|
|2018 Oct 28||14 days, one-way from Amsterdam to Frankfurt am Main||Amsterdam||$6255|
|2018 Nov 11||14 days, one-way from Frankfurt am Main to Amsterdam||Frankfurt am Main||$5722|
|2018 Nov 25||10 days, one-way from Amsterdam to Basel||Amsterdam||$3975|
|2018 Dec 05||10 days, one-way from Basel to Amsterdam||Basel||$6948|
|2018 Dec 15||11 days, one-way from Amsterdam to Basel||Amsterdam||$5463|
|2019 Mar 31||7 days, one-way from Basel to Amsterdam||Basel||$3682|
|2019 Apr 07||10 days, one-way from Amsterdam to Basel||Amsterdam||$6086|
|2019 Apr 24||10 days, one-way from Amsterdam to Basel||Amsterdam||$6476|
|2019 May 04||7 days, one-way from Basel to Amsterdam||Basel||$4702|
|2019 May 11||10 days, one-way from Amsterdam to Basel||Amsterdam||$6956|
|2019 May 21||7 days, one-way from Basel to Amsterdam||Basel||$4358|
|2019 May 28||10 days, round-trip Enchanting Moselle||Amsterdam||$6476|
|2019 Jun 07||10 days, round-trip Enchanting Moselle||Amsterdam||$6476|
|2019 Jun 17||10 days, round-trip Enchanting Moselle||Amsterdam||$6476|
|2019 Jun 27||10 days, round-trip Enchanting Moselle||Amsterdam||$6476|
|2019 Jul 07||10 days, round-trip Enchanting Moselle||Amsterdam||$5988|
|2019 Jul 17||10 days, round-trip Enchanting Moselle||Amsterdam||$5988|
|2019 Jul 27||10 days, round-trip Enchanting Moselle||Amsterdam||$5988|
|2019 Aug 06||10 days, round-trip Enchanting Moselle||Amsterdam||$6476|
|2019 Aug 16||10 days, round-trip Enchanting Moselle||Amsterdam||$6476|
|2019 Aug 26||10 days, round-trip Enchanting Moselle||Amsterdam||$6956|
|2019 Sep 05||10 days, round-trip Enchanting Moselle||Amsterdam||$7436|
|2019 Sep 15||10 days, round-trip Enchanting Moselle||Amsterdam||$7436|
|2019 Sep 25||10 days, round-trip Enchanting Moselle||Amsterdam||$6956|
|2019 Oct 05||10 days, round-trip Enchanting Moselle||Amsterdam||$6956|
|2019 Oct 15||10 days, round-trip Enchanting Moselle||Amsterdam||$5988|
|2019 Oct 25||10 days, round-trip Enchanting Moselle||Amsterdam||$4540|
|2019 Nov 04||10 days, round-trip Enchanting Moselle||Amsterdam||$4540|
|2019 Nov 14||10 days, round-trip Enchanting Moselle||Amsterdam||$4540|
|2019 Nov 24||10 days, round-trip Enchanting Moselle||Amsterdam||$4540|
|2019 Dec 04||10 days, round-trip Enchanting Moselle||Amsterdam||$4540|
|2019 Dec 14||10 days, round-trip Enchanting Moselle||Amsterdam||$5988|
|2019 Dec 24||10 days, round-trip Enchanting Moselle||Amsterdam||$5988|