American Glory Review and Specifications
Specifications of American Glory
|Year built||2002 / Age : 15|
|Builder||Chesapeake Shipbuilding (Salisbury, Maryland USA)|
|Owner||American Cruise Lines Inc|
|Operator||American Cruise Lines|
|Speed||13 kn / 24 kph / 15 mph|
|Length (LOA)||53 m / 174 ft|
|Beam (width)||12 m / 39 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||1267 gt|
|Passengers||49 - 54|
|Decks with cabins||4|
Review of American Glory
Launched in 2002, American Glory is one of American Cruise Lines ships, together with the paddlewheelers Queen of the West, American Pride, American Eagle and Queen of the Mississippi, as well as American Spirit, American Star and Independence.
History - construction & ownership
American Cruise Lines (ACL) is a small cruise line with headquarters in Guilford, Connecticut, operational since 1991. The 1,267-ton, 49-passenger cruise ship American Glory is US flagged, ACL owned and operated by US crew members. The vessel is compliant with Passenger Vessel Services Act. American Glory was built by Chesapeake Shipbuilding (Salisbury, Maryland, US) for overnight river, inland waterway and coastal cruises within the continental USA.
Cruise itinerary program
American Glory itinerary program is based on USA and New England cruises. The ship also sails along the East Coast and on Florida rivers leaving from Jacksonville, Portland and Providence.
American Glory has 4 passenger decks and accommodates 49 guests in 31 staterooms, 14 of which with private balconies. All rooms have windows, interior entrances and private baths.
Dining options - Food & Drinks
MS American Glory has one, 49-seat Dining Room that offers regional cuisine. Other options for a drink include Maindeck Lounge, Midship lounge and Nantucket lounge.
Entertainment options - Fun & Sport
The American Glory ship offers the most modern and unique small ship cruising as each of the visited ports gives a glimpse into the US cultural heritage. The country-club onboard atmosphere allows passengers to relax and enjoy fellow travelers’ company, as well as to share interests in American history. The public lounges and observation decks are spacious and frequented by those who wish to meet and mingle with new friends. American Glory has a Library Lounge, putting green, sun shade.
American Glory wiki
- Accident reports and news CruiseMinus.com
- Cabin grades number: 5
- Total number of cabins: 41 (of which 0 Suites, 14 Balcony rooms, 27 Oceanview, 0 Inside).
- Fitness, Library, Lifts (all decks), Lounges (4), Grand Dining Room (with open seating).
- Room-Service (twice daily), Internet, WiFi Access (complimentary), single cabins (4), wheelchair-accessible cabins (2), flat TVs (DVD), picture windows, individual climate control, desk, stationary, closet, 4-drawer dressers, American staff/crew, cuisine (regional & seasonal), social hour (free cocktails) before dinner.
- American Glory is a small-sized passenger ship of the same class as the American Cruise Lines' American Star ship.
- Room sizes are over 200 ft2 / 19 m2, (50% with a balcony), all with large picture window & private bathroom.
- Clientele - older North Americans, well-traveled and casual and friendly "country-club" atmosphere, interesting itineraries with numerous call ports, knowledgeable local experts on shore excursions and tours. Because of their smaller sizes, ACL ships can visit smaller ports to offer their guests exceptional tours to little known scenic sites and most charming places in the USA.
- The American Glory ship offers some of the best options for small-ship travel vactions in the USA and Canada New England. The ship cruises along the USA East Coast and also on Florida rivers with convenient departures from major USA ports.
- The cruise itineraries list for this ACL vessel includes: 7-day "Historic South and Golden Isles" and "Great Rivers of Florida cruise" from Jacksonville FL, 7-day "Potomac River Cruise" from Washington DC and Philadelphia PA, 6- and 7-day "Chesapeake Bay" leaving from Baltimore MD, 6-day "New England Islands" and 7-day "Hudson River" from Providence RI, also 6- and 7-day "Maine Coast and Harbors" and 10-day "Grand New England" cruises all departing from Portland ME and the ACL's feature 7-day "Hudson River Cruises" leaving out of NYC, New York.
- The American Cruise Lines Glory ship also offers special 14-day "East Coast Inland Passage" relocation sailings out of Jacksonville (Spring) and Baltimore (Fall).
Other American Cruise Lines cruise ships
American Glory Itineraries 2017
The below listed American Glory cruise prices on 2017 itineraries are only indicative and Per Person (in US dollars, based on double occupancy). These are the cheapest American Cruise Lines fares on the ship’s lowest category cabins available for booking. Cruise fares typically change with departure dates approaching, last minute deals, discounts, promotions, independent travel agency offers.
27 May 2017 6 nights / 7 days, round-trip Chesapeake Bay
04 June 2017 6 nights / 7 days, one-way from New York to Providence
10 June 2017 6 nights / 7 days, one-way from New York to Providence
17 June 2017 7 nights / 8 days, round-trip New England Islands
24 June 2017 6 nights / 7 days, one-way from New York to Providence
08 July 2017 7 nights / 8 days, round-trip Maine Coast & Harbors
15 July 2017 7 nights / 8 days, round-trip Maine Coast & Harbors
22 July 2017 7 nights / 8 days, round-trip Maine Coast & Harbors
29 July 2017 7 nights / 8 days, round-trip Maine Coast & Harbors
05 August 2017 7 nights / 8 days, round-trip Maine Coast & Harbors
12 August 2017 7 nights / 8 days, round-trip Maine Coast & Harbors
19 August 2017 7 nights / 8 days, round-trip Maine Coast & Harbors
26 August 2017 6 nights / 7 days, round-trip Maine Coast & Harbors
03 September 2017 6 nights / 7 days, one-way from New York to Providence
29 October 2017 6 nights / 7 days, round-trip Chesapeake Bay
|29 Oct||Departing from Baltimore, Maryland|
|30 Oct 23:00 - 23:00||Yorktown, Virginia|
|31 Oct 23:00 - 23:00||Tangier Island, Virginia|
|01 Nov 23:00 - 23:00||Cambridge, Maryland|
|02 Nov 23:00 - 23:00||Oxford, Maryland|
|03 Nov 23:00 - 23:00||St Michaels, Maryland|
|03 Nov 23:00 - 23:00||Annapolis, Maryland|
|04 Nov||Arriving in Baltimore, Maryland|