Carnival Dream Review and Specifications
Specifications of Carnival Dream
|Builder||FINCANTIERI CANTIERI NAVALI ITALIANI S.P.A.|
|Year of built||2009|
|Gross Tonnage||128251 gt|
|Passengers||3626 - 4533|
|Decks with cabins||9|
Review of Carnival Dream
Launched in 2009, Carnival Dream is between the biggest Carnival ships and the first Dream-class vessel, together with Breeze, Magic and the new Carnival Vista. At 128,000 GT, Dream was the largest yet built ship for Carnival Cruise Line. Carnival Dream is scheduled for refurbishment in January 2017.
History - construction & ownership
The shipowner Carnival Cruise Lines is an American company headquartered in Doral, Florida. It was founded as an independent company by Ted Arison in 1972. Today, it is one of the 9 cruise ship brands owned and operated by Carnival Corp. & plc. The line has the largest fleet in the whole Carnival group of cruise companies, with 24 ships currently in operation, and accounting for 21.1% of the cruise industry's worldwide market.
The 128,000-ton, 3,646-passenger cruise ship Carnival Dream was floated out on October 24, 2008. When first launched, Carnival Dream was the biggest ship operated by Carnival, though she was later surpassed by Carnival Magic and Carnival Breeze, which were delivered in 2011 and 2012, respectively. Dream features facilities similarly designed on the previous generations of line's ships while presenting some new features. Significant alterations were made to the public areas on deck 5, which features an exterior promenade, running the entire perimeter of the vessel. A comedy club and a couple of themed bars were added during the 2012 dry-dock.
An interesting fact is that around 20 minutes of the "Alvin and the Chipmunks: Chipwrecked" movie was filmed on Carnival Dream.
Cruise itinerary program
Carnival Dream cruise liner itinerary program is based on departures from New Orleans LA to Eastern and Western Caribbean. Feature port destinations include Cozumel Mexico, Nassau Bahamas, Belize, Jamaica, Roatan, Grand Cayman.
Most Carnival Dream staterooms are 185-220-sq.foot insides (678), oceanview (258) and balcony (817, with verandas of 35-85 sq.feet). A new type of cabins are the deluxe ocean view staterooms with two separate washrooms. Another new cabin for the line is the cove balcony stateroom (located beneath the lifeboats) which has a partially enclosed veranda. Dream also features special spa staterooms and 193 "family quint" staterooms, that can sleep up to five people.
Dining options - Food & Drinks
The two formal dining rooms on Carnival Dream are the Scarlet, with 1,122 capacity, and the smaller Crimson, accommodating 744. Both are the focal point of dining onboard the ship and feature red decor with Murano glass chandeliers. For those who like laughter with their food, is the Punchliner Comedy Brunch, taking place in the MDR (main dining room) only on sea days. The real foodies who are curious about how the galley feeds so many people, have to check out Chef's Table. For US$75 per person, you'll be able to meet the head chef and tour the galley, as well as dine on a multi-course meal at a private table, while watching the chefs at work.
Follows the complete list of Carnival Dream restaurants and food bars.
- Crimson Restaurant (744-seat forward Dining Room, with two fixed dinner seatings and “Anytime Dining”)
- Scarlet Restaurant (1122-seat aft Dining Room, with two fixed dinner seatings, open seating breakfast and lunch; “Seuss At Sea” themed breakfasts for $5 cover charge)
- Wasabi Bar (sushi bar, complimentary; serves as salad bar during the day)
- The Gathering Lido buffet restaurant (825-seat self-service restaurant with various complimentary take-away food stations)
- The Chef’s Art Steakhouse (108-seat, reservation only specialty restaurant, serving seafood and prime beef).
Entertainment options - Fun & Sport
The Lanai's outdoor seating areas are one of the best features aboard Carnival Dream. Ocean Plaza is another important venue and meet-and-greet hub, often missing on smaller Carnival ships. It offers a little something for everyone with a specialty coffee bar, dance floor, and bars offering drinks-of-the-day. In 2012 two new bars were added as part of Carnival's Fun Ship 2.0 refurbishment program. BlueIguana Tequila Bar and RedFrog Rum Bar offer tequila and rum-based cocktails, as well as the signature ThirstyFrog Red beer of Carnival. Carnival Dream is the first Carnival ship to boast (as a newbuild) a water park with multiple slides. Dream also features a wide outdoor promenade with an outdoor cafe and whirlpools in four different places along the outside edge of deck.
Follows the complete list of Carnival Dream lounges, clubs and other entertainment venues for kids, teens and adults.
- Encore! Theatre (1400-seat show lounge for live show and music productions; features the “Playlist Productions” live musical mixes and “Hasbro Game Shows")
- Dream Atrium (11-deck high midship open floor area, featuring Dream Lobby Bar with piano and dance floor)
- Cherry on Top (candy shop; offers branded gear, special occasions gifts, tuxedo rentals)
- Rendezvous Lounge (23-seat club with bar)
- FunHub (24-hour Internet computers room; free Intranet offered for information on onboard programs, menus and scheduled events)
- Circle C (complimentary kids' club & lounge area with video games, parties, movies, planned activities)
- Club O2 (teens only lounge with movies, karaoke, video games, themed parties); Warehouse Video Video Games Arcade
- Jackpot Casino (484-seat, with slot machines and gaming tables; features gambling tournaments and complimentary classes)
- FunHub (with Internet/Intranet computers)
- The Lanai (60-seat promenade with Lanai Bar-BQ Bar and four cantilevered Whirlpools; Power Walking/Jogging Track)
- Ocean Plaza (270-seat lounge with Plaza Cafe)
- Caliente Disco & Nightclub; Sam’s Bar; Burgundy Lounge (hosts the Punchliners Comedy Club); Song Lounge & Bar
- BlueIguana Tequila Bar (for Mexican drinks)
- RedFrog Pub (120-seat, with indoor and outdoor seating, games, live music, international beers selection and Thirstyfrog/RedFrog beer)
- Sunset Pool area; Waves Pool area
- Camp Carnival (complimentary kids play area)
- Cloud 9 Spa (Thermal Suite, Oriental Steam Bath, Aroma Steam Bath, Steam Rooms, Sauna, Lacanium, Thalassotherapy pool)
- Carnival WaterWorks (kids pool play area with Twister water-slide and AquaPark)
- Seaside Theatre (with huge LED screen for movies, sport events, concerts, with stage for live performances)
- City Sports Park (featuring outdoor relaxation area, 18-hole mini golf course, Ping-Pong Tables, multisport court and Sports Bar)
- Serenity (adults only relaxation area and Serenity Bar).
Carnival Dream wiki
Year built 2009
Passenger capacity / crew capacity 3640 (4630 max) / 1370
Dimensions (Gross tonnage weight / LOA length) 130,000 tons / 1003 ft (306 m)
Flag State (registered in) Panama
Ship builder Fincantieri (Monfalcone, Italy)
Building cost USD 740 mill
Ship owner Carnival Corporation
Operator Carnival Cruise Lines
Christened by Marcia G. Harden
Official website link Carnival.com
Accident reports and news CruiseMinus.com
Carnival Dream related cruise news
Other Carnival Cruise Line cruise ships
Carnival Dream Itineraries 2016
The below listed Carnival Dream cruise prices on 2016 itineraries are only indicative and Per Person (in US dollars, based on double occupancy). These are the cheapest Carnival Cruise Line fares on the ship’s lowest category cabins available for booking. Cruise fares typically change with departure dates approaching, last minute deals, discounts, promotions, independent travel agency offers.
Carnival Dream Itineraries 2017
The below listed Carnival Dream cruise prices on 2017 itineraries are only indicative and Per Person (in US dollars, based on double occupancy). These are the cheapest Carnival Cruise Line fares on the ship’s lowest category cabins available for booking. Cruise fares typically change with departure dates approaching, last minute deals, discounts, promotions, independent travel agency offers.
Carnival Dream Itineraries 2018
The below listed Carnival Dream cruise prices on 2018 itineraries are only indicative and Per Person (in US dollars, based on double occupancy). These are the cheapest Carnival Cruise Line fares on the ship’s lowest category cabins available for booking. Cruise fares typically change with departure dates approaching, last minute deals, discounts, promotions, independent travel agency offers.