Hanseatic Inspiration Review and Specifications
Specifications of Hanseatic Inspiration
|Year built||2019 new ship|
|Builder||VARD shipyards Tulcea (Romania) and Langsten (Norway)|
|Class||ice-strengthened expedition ship|
|Building cost||EUR 145 million (USD 155 million)|
Review of Hanseatic Inspiration
Hapag-Lloyd Cruises introduced the Hanseatic brand name by naming its new, top-luxury expedition cruise vessels "MS Hanseatic Inspiration" (launched October 2019) and MS Hanseatic Nature (launched April 2019). Both polar cruise ships are of the same design. The investment was made by the parent company TUI Group on behalf of its subsidiary company Hapag-Lloyd (based in Hamburg Germany).
History - construction & ownership
The 230-passenger cruise ship ms Hanseatic Inspiration was built by Norwegian company VARD Holdings Ltd (subsidiary of Fincantieri) at the Tulcea shipyard (Romania). The vessel boasts the highest ice class for passenger ships, PC6. Hanseatic Inspiration features many advantages, such as outstanding five-star service provided by the crew, unforgettable culinary, more space for the passengers and a lot of hidden amenities.
The design concept for MS Hanseatic Inspiration is called “inspired by Nature” and reflects the expeditionary spirit which is the creative idea backing the vessel. Nature is not only expessed outside, but is also reflected in the interior design of the ship through the choice of materials, forms and colours, as well as in the lines and contours of walls and surfaces.
There are 2 extendible glass balconies providing passengers with the unique feeling of floating over the water. An all-round deck (top deck forward) ensures the expedition cruising feeling with passengers being able to experience the real action at close quarters.
Hanseatic Inspiration is fitted with modern environmental-friendly technologies and equipment. The vessel's hull shape is optimised to reduce fuel consumption and the overall bunker consumption. The ship has SCR catalytic converter, reducing NOx emissions by nearly 95%. The ship's propulsion features a PROMAS rudder with specially-designed propeller that helps reducing fuel consumption and lowers emissions. A special polar equipment are the ice detectors - thermal imaging technology with infrared cameras. Cold ironing (shore-to-ship power capabilities) are also available.
Cruise itinerary program
MS Hanseatic Inspiration itinerary program is based on cruise expeditions to Polar destinations (Arctic and Antarctica), as well as tropical destinations like the South Seas and Amazon remaining on the itinerary.
In addition to polar itineraries, the ship also operates on voyages visiting Amazon River, Chilean Fjords, Azores Islands, Cape Verde Islands. Itinerary durations range between 4-day Frisian Islands (aka Wadden Islands, in North Sea, Europe) to 20-day Antarctica.
During the inaugural cruise season, the ship will also visit the Great Lakes.
MS Hanseatic Inspiration accommodates up to 230 passengers (up to 199 on Antarctic expeditions) in a total of 120 cabins.
Dining options - Food & Drinks
Meals are offered within open seating during the day, dinner is served in Hanseatic Inspiration’s main restaurant. The ship has 3 restaurants.
Entertainment options - Fun & Sport
MS Hanseatic Inspiration offers sophisticated atmosphere and the chance to visit exotic ports. Each voyage is accompanied by lectors. There are extensive wellness and fitness areas, as well as an aft marina platform for water sports. 16 onboard Zodiacs and E-Zodiacs featuring eco-friendly electric drive systems make possible landings in remote expedition areas, regardless of their vicinity to a port.
Hanseatic Inspiration wiki
- Hapag-Lloyd's new cruise ship design is based on ice-strengthened hull and implemented top-notch expedition vessel technologies. Among those is the long-range 3D sonar "FarSounder 1000". The device is forward-looking (installed in the ship's bow) and integrated into the vessel's bridge navigation system. The sonar allows it to maneuver through the icy waters, showing and mapping approaching hazards, such as icebergs or coral reefs.
- The ship's scheduled delivery was for October 2019, but instead the vessel will be delivered 6 months earlier (April 2019). The cruise ship will be launched with Hapag-Lloyd's new livery (on a blue hull).
- The vessel features a retractable Navigation Bridge wing allowing it to pass through narrow river and canal locks.
- On October 9, 2017, was the vessel's steel-cutting ceremony held at the VARD shipyard in Tulcea Romania. The keel-laying ceremony was on October 18, during which a special coin was traditionally placed under the first steel block (part of the hull) for good luck. In Romania was constructed only the vessel's hull, while the rest of the ship was built at the VARD shipyard in Langsten Norway.
Inaugural itineraries 2019-2020
The Inaugural Cruise (scheduled for April 2019) is 13-day itinerary from Hamburg Germany to Lisbon Portugal. Follow itineraries in the Mediterranean and Canary Islands.
Follows a list of maiden voyages with ports of call.
- 15-day "Western Europe" (October 14-29, 2019) from Antwerp Belgium to Tenerife, Canaries, visiting Honfleur, Guernsey (Channel Islands), La Coruna, Lisbon (overnight), Portimao, Casablanca (Morocco), Porto Santo Island (Madeira), Funchal (Madeira, overnight).
- 17-day "Amazon River" (March 25-April 11, 2020) from Belem Brazil to Iquitos (Peru) (via Manaus Brazil).
- 14-day "Great Lakes" (June 3-17, 2020) cruising on Detroit River, Lake Huron (visiting Mackinac Island), Sault Ste. Marie (Ontario, Canada), Lake Superior (visiting Thunder Bay), Lake Michigan.
Hanseatic Inspiration ship related cruise news
The new expedition ships of Hapag-Lloyd Cruises will burn 10% less fuel as the result of new design changes made following optimisation work with DNV...November 13, 2017
The keel laying for Hanseatic Inspiration held on Wednesday, October 18, set in motion the next stage of building for the 2nd of the pair of new...October 20, 2017
Construction of second new expedition ship of Hapag-Lloyd Cruises, Hanseatic Inspiration, is already underway at Vard's shipyard (Tulcea, Romania...October 9, 2017
- show more news