MSC Seaview Review and Specifications
Specifications of MSC Seaview
|Builder||Fincantieri (Monfalcone, Italy)|
|Building cost||USD 950 million|
|Owner||Mediterranean Shipping Company (MSC)|
|Speed||21 kn / 39 kph / 24 mph|
|Length (LOA)||323 m / 1060 ft|
|Beam (width)||43 m / 141 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||154000 gt|
|Passengers||4134 - 4961|
|Decks with cabins||10|
Review of MSC Seaview
Launched in 2018, MSC Seaview (currently under construction in Fincantieri, Italy) is the second of the three new-design, identical-class and biggest MSC Cruises ships by the company’s “Seasise Project”. The ship cost $743 million to build.
History - construction & ownership
MSC Cruises is a global cruise company based in Switzerland, with headquarters in Geneva and Naples. MSC is the largest privately-owned cruise company in the world, with offices in 45 countries and 15,500 employees worldwide. MSC Crociere S.p.A. (Italian) is part of the Mediterranean Shipping Company S.A. (MSC), which is the 2nd biggest container shipping operator in the world. MSC Cruises is the world's 4th largest cruise company, after Carnival Corp. & plc, Royal Caribbean and Norwegian Cruise Lines with 5.2% share of all cruise passengers carried in 2015. In 2014 MSC Cruises announced that its four Lirica class ships were scheduled for renovation under the line's "Renaissance Programme". In 2015, the company offered four new ships from STX France and Fincantieri Italy, with an option for three more. The first two vessels are due to be delivered in 2017 - MSC Meraviglia in May and MSC Seaside in November.
The 154,000-ton, 5,300-passenger cruise ship MSC Seaview is scheduled for delivery in June 2018. MSC Seaview, together with MSC Seaside are Fincantieri’s largest cruise ships ever. An option for a 3rd Seaside ship is scheduled for 2021.
MSC Seaview is part of the "smart" ships' series to be built by MSC, part of line's €9 billion, 10-year investment plan, including the creation of up to 11 new ships, due to come into service 2017-2026. Contactless payment is one of the technologies leaving dry land as a cruise ship company revealed plans for “next generation smart ships”. MSC Cruises unveiled that MSC Seaview will be fitted with new technologies specifically designed to improve the onboard experience for passengers. The company entered partnership with techno-giant Samsung in order to support NFC (near-field communication) technology onboard, enabling guests to use a smartphone, cruise card or bracelet to geo-locate themselves or their kids, access their stateroom or make onboard payments. Interactive screens are placed all around Seaview that will enable cruisers to book excursions and restaurants. Beacon technology is also to be used, sending location-based, customised notifications to users' phones as they move around. Beacons are triggered whenever a connected device moves into their vicinity. Previously, it has been used by high street tours and will become part of the new Wembley Stadium tour.
Cruise itinerary program
MSC Seaview has a total of 2070 staterooms in 34 categories. The largest aboard MSC Seaview are the Yacht Club Royal Suites (615 ft2). There are also 54 wheelchair-accessible cabins. Seaview's cabins and suites will include 14 aft corner suites; suites with private outdoor hot tub; terraced balcony staterooms, which will feature ocean views and overlook the promenade and cluster cabins, designed with families in mind.
Dining options - Food & Drinks
New and creative dining options will be available onboard MSC Seaview. Expect the Fusion Restaurant with speciality dining and VIP Fine Dining Restaurant. The nine eateries onboard MSC Seaview will feature cuisines from all around the world including the Pan-Asian restaurant via partnership with acclaimed chef, Roy Yamaguchi, world-class international steak house and luxury seafood restaurant with chef’s table.
Follows the complete list of MSC Seaview restaurants and food bars.
- Main restaurants (dining rooms; offer different Italian traditional meals and wines; open for Breakfast 7:00-9:30 a.m., Lunch 12:00-2:00 p.m., and Dinner with 2 fixed seatings at 7:00 and 9:30p.m.; with 7-course dinner menu; also feature vegan and vegetarian meals)
- Seafood Restaurant
- Teppanyaki Restaurant
- Fusion Restaurant
- Sushi Bar
- VIP Restaurant.
Entertainment options - Fun & Sport
MSC Seaview is specifically designed for warm climates. The concept behind MSC Cruises Seaview ship is to "bring the sea closer to passengers. The beach-condo-inspired concept focuses on the outdoor space of suites and cabins, many al fresco eating options (20 bars), outdoor spa and fitness facilities, two wellness cabins with advanced Kinesis Technoygm fitness equipment and private MSC Yacht Club, with a restaurant, lounge and solarium.
Activities include the Adventure Trail with bridges, crawl-through slides and rope courses, a 130-metre zip line, and an aqua park featuring duelling high-speed aquatubes, slide boarding and AquaPlay & AquaSpray section designed for younger kids.
Follows the complete list of MSC Seaview lounges, clubs and other entertainment venues for kids, teens and adults.
- Art Gallery; Photo Shop
- Seaview Atrium (served by Atrium Bar)
- Two Theaters (show lounges)
- Shopping Area; Duty-Free Shops; Jewelry Shop; Boutique Accessories; Boutique Monobrand; Cosmetics Shop; Logo Shop; Galleria Shopping Area
- Piazza; Chocolate Factory
- Casino (served by Casino Bar)
- Champagne Bar
- 5D Cinema
- Bowling; Entertainment Area
- Lounge; Lounge Bar
- Garage Disco & Bar
- Creperie Area; Ice Cream Area
- Pool; Spa Wellness Area (with a Pool); Solarium Area; Thalasso Area; Finnish Sauna
- Beauty Area (Beauty Parlor, Barber Shop)
- Fitness Area; External Gym Area; Yoga
- Comedy Club Bar; Bistro
- VIP Lounge Bar
- Family Lounge
- 2 Pools; Spa Pool; Lido Pool; Raised Pool; Indoor Pool Bar
- Magrodome Area
- Aqua Park Area; Children’s Area
- Power Walking/Jogging Track.
MSC Seaview wiki
- Accident reports and news CruiseMinus.com
- Cabin grades number: tba
- Total number of cabins: 2070
- Dining Rooms: tba
- Restaurants and food bars: tba
- Lounges & Bars: tba
- Amenities: complimentary 24-Hour Room-Service, Supervised Children Program, Internet/WiFi Access, Laundry, Spa Suites.
- Casino, Promenade Deck, MSC Yacht Club, Spa, Gym, jacuzzis, 6 swimming pools, 5D cinema, F1 car simulator, Seaview Water Park.
- MSC Seaview is the second of the MSC Cruises Seaside-class ships - preceeded by MSC Seaside (2017). Currently under construction at Fincantieri shipyard Monfalcone, the Seaview ship is scheduled to debut in June 2018. She will be the second vessel in the fleet of MSC Crociere to be christened outside Italy and also the second largest cruise ship ever built by Fincantieri (after the sister Seaside).
- There is also an option for a third Seaside-class vessel scheduled for 2021. The other MSC vessel scheduled for launch in 2017 May is MSC Meraviglia.
- The Seaview cruise ship is designed for year-round operations warmer climates. The ship features a children’s aqua play area, Adventure Trail ropes course, a 5-slide water park., 3 glass-floored catwalks With a focus on the outdoors, MSC Seaside will include a promenade at sea level with restaurants and shops, as well as sea-view elevators. The ship will boast the most originally-designed and interactive aqua park at sea with attractions for all ages and five water slides: an interactive Slideboarding tube (combining video games, music, lights, and a 367ft water slide), the Aquatube (innertube slide), 2 high-speed racing slides and a family flume-type slide. The waterpark offerings also include an "AquaPlay & AquaSpray" park for kids.
- For latest news on the MSC Seaside project, follow the deck plan review link above.
- Don't forget that on MSC Seaview cruises kids sail for free!
- On July 5, 2016, MSC Cruises announced the name of the second Seaside-class ship - "MSC Seaview", with scheduled launch in June 2018.
- In July 2016, MSC entered partnership with techno-giant Samsung in order to support NFC (near-field communication) technology onboard, enabling guests to use a smartphone, cruise card or bracelet to geo-locate themselves or their kids, access their stateroom or make onboard payments. Interactive screens are placed all around Seaview that will enable cruisers to book excursions and restaurants.
The Seaview ship will spend its inaugural cruise season in Europe, sailing in the region of Western Mediterranean Sea. The ship will be home-ported in Barcelona, Genoa and Marseille, offering round-trip departures from each of the three embarkation ports.
MSC Seaview related cruise news
Contactless payment is one of the technologies leaving dry land as a cruise ship company revealed plans for “next generation smart ships&rdquo...July 13, 2016
MSC Cruises announced that the name of the sister ship to MSC Seaside will be MSC Seaview when the newbuild launches in June 2018. The second Seaside...July 5, 2016