Stena Spirit ferry current position
Stena Spirit ferry current location is at Baltic Sea (coordinates 54.54557 N / 18.50524 E) cruising en route to SEKAA>PLGDY>SEKAA. The AIS position was reported 3 minutes ago.Current Position
Specifications of Stena Spirit ferry
|Year built||1983 / Age: 38|
|Builder||Stocznia Gdynia SA (Gdansk, Poland)|
|Class||cruiseferry (Ro-Pax ship)|
|Ferry route / homeports||Karlskrona-Gdynia|
|Owner||Stena AB Group (via Stena RoRo)|
|Speed||22 kn / 41 kph / 25 mph|
|Length (LOA)||176 m / 577 ft|
|Beam (width)||29 m / 95 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||38772 gt|
|Sister-ships||Stena Vision, El Venizelos|
|Former names||Stena Scandinavica|
Stena Spirit ferry Review
Review of Stena Spirit ferry
MS Stena Spirit ferry is a Ro-Pax passenger vessel operated by the Sweden-based company STENA LINE. The ship has a max capacity of 1700 passengers and 570 cars. The vessel was launched in 1983 and currently operates on the Sweden-Poland ferry route Karlskrona-Gdynia (crossing time 10 hours).
As cruise ferry, Stena Spirit has a total of 2204 berths in air-conditioned staterooms with en-suite bathrooms. The cabins (inside and outside) have a max capacity of 5 passengers. The ferry company provides bed linens, towels, and toiletries. Some staterooms are wheelchair-accessible (adapted for disabled passengers). The ship also offers "pet-friendly" cabins.
Stena Spirit stateroom categories include:
- 2-berth Comfort Class "Pet Cabin" / Twin Inside (2 lower bunk beds, bench, no window)
- 2-berth Comfort Class "Pet Cabin" / Twin Outside (2 lower bunk beds, bench, window)
- 4-berth Comfort Class "Pet Cabin" / Quad Inside (4 bunk beds / 2 lower + 2 upper, bench, no window)
- 4-berth Comfort Class "Pet Cabin" / Quad Outside (4 bunk beds / 2 lower + 2 upper, bench, window)
- 2-berth Comfort Class "Disabled Cabin" / Twin Outside (2 lower beds, bench, window)
- 4-berth Comfort Class "Disabled Cabin" / Quad Outside (4 bunk beds / 2 lower + 2 uppers for assisting persons, bench, window)
- 2-berth Comfort Class "Single Cabin" / Twin Inside (1 lower bed, 1 bunk bed, no window)
- 2-berth Comfort Plus "Single Cabin" / Twin Inside (1 lower bed, 1 bunk bed, no window)
- (deck 2 / below car deck) 2-berth Economy / Twin Inside / (2 bunk beds, bench, no window) - categorized as Unisex, Gents, and Ladies
- (deck 2 / below car deck) 4-berth Economy "Trucker Cabin" / Quad Inside (4 bunk beds, bench, no window)
- 2-berth Comfort Plus / Twin Outside (2 single beds, bench, window)
- 4-berth Comfort Plus / Quad Outside (4 beds / 2 lower + 2 bunk, window)
- 2-berth Comfort Class / Twin Inside (2 lower beds, bench, no window)
- 2-berth Comfort Class / Twin Outside (2 lower beds, bench, window)
- 4-berth Comfort Class / Quad Inside (4 bunk beds, no window)
- 4-berth Comfort Class / Quad Outside (4 bunk beds, window)
- 4-berth Family Cabin / Quad Outside (5-person, 1 large bed for 1 adult + 1 kid, 3 bunk beds, window)
- 2-berth Outside Panorama Class (double bed, sofa, window, coffee table, coffee machine, iPod docking station, minibar, fruits, flat TV, WiFi Internet)
- 2-berth Outside Panorama Suite (double bed, window, sofa, coffee table, coffee machine, iPod docking station, minibar, fruits, 2 flat TVs, WiFi Internet)
- 2-berth Premium Class / Twin Inside (2 lower beds, no window)
- 2-berth Premium Class / Twin Outside (4 bunk beds, window)
- 4-berth Premium Class / Quad Inside (4 bunk beds, no window)
- 4-berth Premium Class / Quad Outside (4 bunk beds, window)
All Premium cabins have as bonus amenities radio, LCD TV, WiFi, newspapers, access to a kitchenette with a microwave oven. All cabins are equipped with luxury DUX beds and mattresses, Hansgrohe bathroom faucets and showerheads, phones, desk (mirrored vanity table with chair), open wardrobe.
For reserved seating, passengers can upgrade to the Stena Plus Lounge. Reserved seat deals are inclusive of airline-type seats (fully reclining leather armchairs), complimentary hot and cold beverages (coffee, specialty teas, soft drinks, wine by the glass), snacks, newspapers, magazines.
All passengers must vacate their staterooms 30 min prior to homeport arrival.
Shipboard dining and entertainment options
As facilities, the Stena Spirit ship offers:
- Metropolitan Grill (serves hot food, fish and chips, pizza, jacket potato, pie, and mash. Kids menus, vegan, vegetarian and gluten-free meals are also available.
- Taste Restaurant (self-service buffet, hot and cold meals, kids menus)
- Food City (self-service restaurant, serves barbecued ribs, roast salmon, chicken legs)
- Ristretto Coffee House (patisserie/specialty coffee bar selling sandwiches, cakes, pastries, fruit salads, yogurt, ice cream, hot/cold drinks)
- C-View Bar Lounge (panoramic); Riva Bar
- Children's Room (indoor soft play playground for kids) is fitted with large TV for watching cartoons, toys, and games, and offers supervised activities.
- Cinema (tickets can be purchased from Information Desk on Lobby Deck)
- Teen Town (video games room with arcade machines)
- Truckers Lounge (truck drivers only bar lounge and restaurant)
- Stena Shopping Center (gifts, souvenirs, spirits, wines, tobaccos, brand perfumes and cosmetics, skincare products, leather goods, toys, confectionery, fashion clothing and accessories, gadgets and electronics, designer watches, sunglasses and jewelry, convenience goods and travel essentials). Onboard retail shopping promotions are often held and provide up to 50% discounted pricing on big brand merchandise.
- free Wi-Fi service, ATM/cash machine (next to Information Desk / Reception).
- Dog Hotel (booths for dogs with outdoor exercise area)
- Aft on its top deck (Heli Deck) the ship has a helipad - helicopter landing area used in cases of emergency.
- All bars and lounges are fitted with large HDTVs and comfortable seating.
All onboard emergency instructions are displayed in staterooms, on the TV screens and at the ship's assembly stations (aka muster stations). Life jackets are issued at the assembly stations. In case of emergency, the use of elevators/passenger lifts is forbidden.
STENA ferry deals
Follows a list of discounts and special offers provided by Stena Line (direct bookings only).
- On the routes Holland-UK (Hook of Holland-Harwich, day voyages only), Denmark-Norway (Frederikshavn-Oslo, Monday to Friday only), Denmark-Sweden (Grenaa-Varberg) and Germany-Sweden (Rugen Island / Sassnitz-Trelleborg and Rostock-Trelleborg), passengers can ferry caravans free of charge. This discount applies to the car plus caravan fares and can't be combined with other offers.
- Motorhomes can be ferried between UK and Holland priced as cars (day voyages only).
- STENA's train and ferry deals offer discounted pricing on train travel to London (fares subject to availability). STENA issues e-tickets (not separate train tickets) and the passenger's self-printed e-ticket serves as a train ticket. Dutch Railways tickets (to and from the port) can't be included in the ferry booking. These e-tickets are not valid on private UK rail carriers. Intercity Direct and ICE trains are with extra charge.
- Special meals (vegan, vegetarian, kosher, halal food, gluten- or lactose-free foods) can be pre-ordered on the UK-Holland route Harwich-Hook of Holland. All the ingredients used for these special meals are verified by their manufacturers. Vegetarian meals contain dairy products, eggs, vegetables. Muslim meals don't contain pork (or by-products) as well as food containing alcohol. Special food orders must be made 48 hours prior departure (via email upon booking or by calling +31 (0)174 - 315 811).
- In 2013, the ships Britannica and Hollandica were equipped each with 2 electric car charging points (3,7 kW 16A, Euro standard Type 2). However, these charging points can't be pre-booked. Charging an electric car on the ship is free of charge and takes 4-6 hours. Only on the ships Britannica and Hollandica, change machines (ATM by GWK Travelex) are available, located in the lobby area (Deck 9, opposite the Reception Desk).
- Only on the ships serving the Denmark-Norway route (Frederikshavn-Oslo), there are power connections (at a fee) for caravan fridges and freezers.
- Hand luggage restrictions per person (carried in the ship's public areas) max dimensions 60x50x40 cm and up to 12 kg. Foot passengers are allowed to bring only 2 pieces of extra luggage (up to 20 kg), checked-in on day voyages (unless there is a booked cabin). Car passengers must leave their luggage in the vehicle. Remember that car decks are closed during the voyage. Any extra baggage will be surcharged.
- All STENA ships allow boarding with LPG-fueled vehicles ("liquefied petroleum gas").
- The company doesn't allow 36-weeks pregnant women to travel, as well as 34 weeks pregnant when expecting more than one baby.
- Passengers with restricted mobility will be assisted prior departure and also onboard. Such passengers must contact the company's staff at least 48 hours prior to departure (via email or by calling +31 (0)174-315811). Wheelchair passengers must arrive at the port at least 2 hours prior to departure and go to the company's check-in desk.
- Bicycles can be ferried (at a fee) on all STENA ships and on all routes.
- Tickets with blank return date are not offered. However, it is possible to book "open ticket" with a temporary date, that can be changed later to the actual return date.
STENA LINE's deals are categorized as "Economy", "Flexi" and "Premium". ECONOMY fares are always the cheapest, but with an amendment fee and without refund for changes and cancellations. FLEXI fares allow changes to be made to your booking at no cost. Passengers only pay the difference in fare, with the option of a full refund for canceling. PREMIUM fares (depending on routes) offer different bonus perks, such as express boarding and disembarkation, Stena Plus Lounge seats, included Breakfast. PREMIUM deals are not available on the routes Sassnitz / Rostock-Trelleborg, Grenaa-Varberg, Nynashamn-Ventspils (Latvia), and Travemunde-Liepaja (Latvia). PREMIUM fares on the route Hook of Holland-Harwich are inclusive of Stena Plus Lounge seat and Breakfast (on night voyages only).
Pets on the ship
Pets (dogs, cats, and ferrets) can be ferried on all STENA ships, but some requirements depend on the itinerary (destination).
- Pets are not allowed in passenger cabins unless the stateroom is "pet-friendly" (usually a 2-bed dog's cabin).
- All ships have a dog toilet.
- At all times during the voyage, dogs must be leashed and muzzled, and never left alone.
- Guide dogs travel for free and are allowed on all passenger decks and in the owners' cabin (but must wear a harness or jacket).
On STENA ferries serving Scandinavian routes (to Sweden, Norway, Latvia) must have valid EU pet passport with standard information about the animal's identity, vaccinations (other treatments). Pets also must have approved microchip (or tattoo) and rabies vaccination by an authorized veterinarian. Pets traveling to Norway must be treated for tapeworm. Passengers with pets must arrive at the port at least 1 hour prior to departure.
On STENA ferries to England and Ireland, passengers with pets must arrive at the port at least 2 hours prior departure. For all other routes, this time is 1 - 1,5 hours. All animals are subject to the UK Pet Travel scheme rules and must be at least 15 weeks old. EU pet passports and microchips are required. Car passengers can ferry up to 5 animals (per vehicle). These cars receive a colored hanger (placed on the windscreen rear-view mirror until customs are cleared in each port). Pets in vehicles must remain inside at all times. Foot passengers are allowed up to 5 pets, but the pre-booking onboard kennel is required. Children traveling with an animal must be 16 years old. When traveling with 6 or more animals, they must be at least 6 months old.
All STENA ships have onboard kennels, of which 7x big (100x97x94 cm), 2x medium-sized (100x64x108 cm) and 16x small (100x65x50 cm). All cabins provide TV monitoring of the kennels. Visits of the pet during the voyage are recommended.
Car decks can be loaded on 2 levels with vehicle access from both bow and stern. Follows a list of car decks related safety procedures:
- Disabled passengers or those requiring specific assistance should visit the ship's Information Desk (open 24-hours).
- Apply handbrake and place the vehicle in park or 1st gear position. Switch off the ignition, alarm, electrical equipment, headlights. Gas cylinders, if any, must be switched off. Lock the vehicle.
- From your vehicle take only valuables and essential hand baggage.
- Make a note of your vehicle's location and garage deck number/stairway before leaving the car deck.
- Access to the ship's vehicle (cargo) decks during the voyage is prohibited.
- Smoking on vehicle decks, as well as in cabins and passenger lounges is forbidden.
- Wait for the onboard announcement before returning to your vehicle.
- In order to avoid air pollution, don't start the engine until instructed.
The shipowner Stena Line (founded in 1962, headquartered in Gothenburg, Sweden) is one of the world's largest ferry companies, providing freight and travel services on Northern Europe's routes that connect UK, Ireland, Denmark, Germany, Latvia, Holland, Norway, Sweden, Poland.
Here is listed STENA LINE's current cruiseferry fleet.
Stena Spirit ferry - user reviews and comments
Photos of Stena Spirit ferryAdd Photo
Other STENA LINE cruise ships
Stena Spirit ferry Wiki
Due to construction delays, the vessel was launched in 1988 under the name "Stena Scandinavica" (until 2011). It was the second in a series of all 4 ferries ordered by STENA LINE in 1980. Due to Gdansk shipyard's construction delays, the last 2 shipbuilding orders were canceled.
In 1988, the ship entered service on the Sweden-Germany route Goteborg-Kiel, joining the fleet mate (and sister-ship) Stena Germanica (currently Stena Vision). In April 2011, on this route was deployed the current Stena Scandinavica (launched in 2003).
Following an extensive drydock refit in 2011, the ship was renamed to "Stena Spirit" and started its current Sweden-Poland service. During the 2011 drydock reconstruction, the ferry's passenger capacity was reduced (from 2374 to 1700) while its car capacity was increased (from 550 to 570).
The vessel was Sweden-flagged (MMSI 265200000) but in 2020 its flag-state was changed to Bahamas (MMSI 311058100).
Stena Spirit ferry User Reviews
There are no user reviews for this ship. Be first, share your experience!Write a Review