Celebrity Cruises fleet
Review of Celebrity Cruises
The Celebrity ship company as a brand name represents one of the best cruise lines for adults, a feature Panama Canal Cruise line, and is also one of the top 3 best cruise lines for Alaska.
The Celebrity cruise ship line is a member of the big Royal Caribbean family club since 1997. The Celebrity cruise company was founded in 1988 by the greek Chandris Group. The history of the Celebrity brand starts with cheap sailings on second-hand ships, to become one of the most prominent premium luxury and most affordable cruise lines in the world. The voyage to the world of deluxe cruising started with premium Bermuda sailings, buying more and better ships ever since. As a feature brand name of Royal Caribbean Ltd, Celebrity has 5 sister companies – Royal Caribbean International, Azamara, CDF, Pullmantur, and TUI Cruises. The line’s headquarters address: “Celebrity Cruises, 1050 Caribbean Way, Miami, FL, 33132-2096 USA”.
Celebrity is a medium priced cruise line, associated with sophistication, style and elegance. Celebrity cruise ships offer impeccable service and exquisite cuisine, appealing to a moderately affluent, well-educated clientele of mostly adults in their 40s. Celebrity offers Family Cruises during holidays (particularly on Caribbean cruises, and on cruises to Bermuda), and Seniors Cruises to Europe and on the exotic itineraries to South America. The letter “X” on the funnel of all Celebrity ships stands for the name “Chandris” (in Greek it is “Xandris”).
Celebrity Cruise DESTINATIONS
- Alaska, Hawaii
- Bermuda, Canada
- Caribbean (all, but mostly Southern)
- Mexico, Panama Canal, South America, Australia New Zealand
- Northern Europe from UK, Eastern and Western Mediterranean.
- ACCOMMODATIONS – some of the largest cruise ship suites (all served by butlers). Luxurious “ConciergeClass” staterooms, attentive highly personalized impeccable service; and enjoying seating preference, priority check-in. 2:1 guest-to-staff ratio
- DINING – award-winning cuisine, excellent alternate dining venues. The Celebrity’s “Gourmet Bites” every afternoon, themed lunch buffets. Culinary demonstrations. The line has partnered with “Elizabeth Blau & Associates”, as to menu and wine selections, and all the standards of serving.
- FACILITIES – the largest cruise ship spa and gym facilities at sea (“AquaSpa by Elemis” – a world-class beauty salon, spa treatments and fitness programs). “Celebrity Theatre” for Broadway-style productions, huge European-style casinos, bingo, themed bars and lounges, including an European style disco, large pools, poolside recreation programs (massages, yoga), on-board boutique shopping.
- ENRICHMENT – “Celebrity Lecture Series”. Rich contemporary art collections. Art auctions, enhanced golf program.
- “Celebrity Escape” concept – reserved exclusively for adults ages 21 and older, with classes, themed events, fashion shows, parties, etc.
- “Family Cruising Program” – on all sailings. Games and parties, educational activities, history and sea life explorations. Separate pools and discos for teens. Online booking.
- The Celebrity Xpedition ship is the smallest member of the Celebrity family, with 100 passengers capacity. She sails the Galapagos Islands, and Antarctica on adventure voyages.
The Celebrity line owns one of the youngest and most innovative fleets, with 13 luxury ships currently in operation. They all are Malta flagged (with the exception of the Xpedition ship - flag Ecuador), with gross tonnage above the 91,000 GT marker.