Carnival Magic Review and Specifications
Specifications of Carnival Magic
|Builder||FINCANTIERI CANTIERI NAVALI ITALIANI S.P.A.|
|Year of built||2011|
|Gross Tonnage||128048 gt|
|Passengers||3690 - 4428|
|Decks with cabins||9|
Review of Carnival Magic
Launched in 2011, Carnival Magic is between the biggest Carnival ships and the second Dream-class vessel, together with Breeze, Dream and the new Carnival Vista. Able to accommodate a maximum of 4,724 passengers, Magic was the largest yet built ship for Carnival Cruise Line, surpassing the launched in 2008 and first in class Carnival Dream. Carnival Magic was last refurbished in February 2016.
History - construction & ownership
The shipowner Carnival Cruise Lines is an American company headquartered in Doral, Florida. It was founded as an independent company by Ted Arison in 1972. Today, it is one of the 9 cruise ship brands owned and operated by Carnival Corp. & plc. The line has the largest fleet in the whole Carnival group of cruise companies, with 24 ships currently in operation, and accounting for 21.1% of the cruise industry's worldwide market.
The 128,048-ton, 3,690-passenger cruise ship Carnival Magic was built in 2011 for US$740 million. Magic features facilities similarly designed on the previous generations of line's ships while presenting some new features. This extraordinary ship marks the end of Carnival's longtime interior architect Joe Farcus, and he goes out in style. While cruisers might still expect neon and mirrored surfaces, his touch is limited, as far as other designers were also hired. This is the reason why there is a lighting refinement to many of the places, including the main dining rooms, the sun deck and especially Serenity adults-only area.
Cruise itinerary program
Carnival Magic cruise liner itinerary program is based on departures from Galveston TX and week-long roundtrip cruises to Bahamas, Eastern and Western Caribbean. Feature port destinations include Key West Florida, Jamaica, Nassau, Belize, Mexico (Progreso, Cozumel, Costa Maya), Roatan, Grand Cayman.
Prior to repositioning to Port Canaveral from Galveston in early April, 2016 Carnival Magic is undergoing a 2-week dry dock to add Fun Ship 2.0 upgrades with popular restaurants and bars. During the refurbishment, running from February 21 to March 6, the vessel will receive Guy's Burger Joint by Food Network star Guy Fieri; the dueling BlueIguana Tequila and RedFrog Rum bars; Alchemy Bar, specialized in "medicinal" mixed drinks; Pizzeria del Capitano, which is an extension of Cucina del Capitano Italian concept of Carnival Cruise Line.
Following relocation, Carnival Magic will offer 7-night Western and Eastern Caribbean cruises. Itinerary highlights include Belize, Cozumel, Costa Maya, Nassau, Grand Turk and Carnival’s exclusive port, Amber Cove.
Most Carnival Magic staterooms are 185-220-sq.foot insides (719), oceanview (221) and balcony (851, with verandas of 45-75 sq.feet). A new type of cabins are the deluxe ocean view staterooms with two separate washrooms. Another new cabin for the line is the cove balcony stateroom (located beneath the lifeboats) which has a partially enclosed veranda. Dream also features 83 Cloud 9 Spa staterooms and 35 wheelchair accessible cabins. The special 193 "family quint" staterooms can sleep up to five people.
Dining options - Food & Drinks
The two formal dining rooms on Carnival Magic are the Southern Lights, and the smaller Northern Lights. Both restaurants are the focal point of dining onboard the ship. For those who like laughter with their food, is the Punchliner Comedy Brunch, taking place in the Spotlight Lounge only on sea days. The real foodies who are curious about how the galley feeds so many people, have to check out Chef's Table. For US$75 per person, you'll be able to meet the head chef and tour the galley, as well as dine on a multi-course meal at a private table, while watching the chefs at work.
Follows the complete list of Carnival Magic restaurants and food bars.
- Southern Lights Restaurant (1248-seat aft Dining Room, with two fixed dinner seatings and “Anytime Dining”)
- Northern Lights Restaurant (948-seat forward Dining Room, with two fixed dinner seatings, open seating breakfast and lunch; “Seuss At Sea” themed breakfasts for $5 cover charge)
- Sushi & More Bar (sushi bar, complimentary; serves as salad bar during the day)
- Lido Marketplace buffet restaurant (825-seat self-service restaurant with various complimentary take-away food stations)
- Prime Steakhouse (69-seat, reservation only specialty restaurant, serving seafood and prime beef)
- Cucina del Capitano (117-seats Italian restaurant; offers complimentary lunch and a la carte dinner/surcharge; serves as pasta bar during the day)
- SeaDogs (complimentary hotdogs, toppings).
Entertainment options - Fun & Sport
Lots of what is found onboard Carnival Magic came from first-in-class Carnival Dream, like the Seaside Theatre, 2-deck Cloud 9 spa and WaterWorks aqua park (Magic has two waterslides - corkscrew and bowl slide, Dream's got one). But Magic is not just a refined version of Dream. The liner has ushered in a handful of new features, such as Cucina del Capitano Italian restaurant which boasts singing waiters and handmade pastas for a $10 fee; Cherry on Top candy store and industry's first water "dump bucket", that complements ship's waterslides.
Follows the complete list of Carnival Magic lounges, clubs and other entertainment venues for kids, teens and adults.
- Showtime Theatre (1349-seat show lounge for live show and music productions; features the “Playlist Productions” live musical mixes and “Hasbro Game Shows")
- Magic Atrium (11-deck high midship open floor area, featuring Magic Lobby Bar with piano and dance floor)
- Cherry on Top (candy shop; offers branded gear, special occasions gifts, tuxedo rentals)
- Escape Bar (30-seat club with bar)
- FunHub (24-hour Internet computers room; free Intranet offered for information on onboard programs, menus and scheduled events)
- Circle C (complimentary kids' club & lounge area with video games, parties, movies, planned activities)
- Club O2 (teens only lounge with movies, karaoke, video games, themed parties); Warehouse Video Games Arcade
- Hat Trick Casino (500-seat, with slot machines and gaming tables; features gambling tournaments and complimentary classes)
- FunHub 44 (with Internet/Intranet computers)
- The Lanai (60-seat promenade with Lanai Bar-BQ Bar and four cantilevered Whirlpools; Power Walking/Jogging Track)
- Ocean Plaza (270-seat lounge with Plaza Cafe)
- Vibe Disco & Nightclub; Play It Again Bar; Spotlight Lounge (400-seat; hosts the Punchliners Comedy Club)
- RedFrog Pub (120-seat, with indoor and outdoor seating, games, live music, international beers selection and Thirstyfrog/RedFrog beer)
- Tides Pool area; Sunset Pool area
- Camp Carnival (complimentary kids play area)
- Cloud 9 Spa (Thermal Suite, Oriental Steam Bath, Aroma Steam Bath, Steam Rooms, Sauna, Lacanium, Thalassotherapy pool)
- Carnival WaterWorks (kids pool play area with Twister water-slide, DrainPipe and AquaPark)
- Seaside Theatre (with huge LED screen for movies, sport events, concerts, with stage for live performances)
- SportSquare complex (featuring outdoor relaxation area with Sports Park Bar; 18-hole mini golf course, Ping-Pong Tables and multisport court)
- Serenity (adults only relaxation area and Serenity Bar).
Carnival Magic wiki
Year built 2011
Fun Ship 2.0 upgrade in 2015
Passenger capacity / crew capacity 3690 (4724 max) / 1390
Dimensions (Gross tonnage weight / LOA length) 130,000 tons / 1003 ft (306 m)
Flag State (registered in) Panama
Ship builder Fincantieri (Monfalcone, Italy)
Building cost USD 740 mill
Ship owner Carnival Corporation
Operator Carnival Cruise Lines
Christened by Marcia G. Harden
Official website link Carnival.com
Accident reports and news CruiseMinus.com
Carnival Magic related cruise news
Other Carnival Cruise Line cruise ships
Carnival Magic Itineraries 2016
The below listed Carnival Magic cruise prices on 2016 itineraries are only indicative and Per Person (in US dollars, based on double occupancy). These are the cheapest Carnival Cruise Line fares on the ship’s lowest category cabins available for booking. Cruise fares typically change with departure dates approaching, last minute deals, discounts, promotions, independent travel agency offers.
|25 Nov||Departing from Port Canaveral, Orlando, Florida|
|28 Nov 09:00 - 18:00||Philipsburg, St Maarten Island, Dutch Antilles|
|29 Nov 07:00 - 17:00||Basseterre, St Kitts Island|
|30 Nov 07:00 - 14:00||San Juan, Puerto Rico|
|01 Dec 09:00 - 17:00||Grand Turk Island|
|03 Dec||Arriving in Port Canaveral, Orlando, Florida|
Carnival Magic Itineraries 2017
The below listed Carnival Magic cruise prices on 2017 itineraries are only indicative and Per Person (in US dollars, based on double occupancy). These are the cheapest Carnival Cruise Line fares on the ship’s lowest category cabins available for booking. Cruise fares typically change with departure dates approaching, last minute deals, discounts, promotions, independent travel agency offers.
|13 May||Departing from Port Canaveral, Orlando, Florida|
|15 May 08:00 - 16:00||Grand Turk Island|
|16 May 13:00 - 20:00||San Juan, Puerto Rico|
|17 May 10:00 - 20:00||Basseterre, St Kitts Island|
|18 May 08:00 - 17:00||Philipsburg, St Maarten Island, Dutch Antilles|
|21 May||Arriving in Port Canaveral, Orlando, Florida|
|24 Jun||Departing from Port Canaveral, Orlando, Florida|
|26 Jun 08:00 - 16:00||Grand Turk Island|
|27 Jun 13:00 - 20:00||San Juan, Puerto Rico|
|28 Jun 10:00 - 20:00||Basseterre, St Kitts Island|
|29 Jun 08:00 - 17:00||Philipsburg, St Maarten Island, Dutch Antilles|
|02 Jul||Arriving in Port Canaveral, Orlando, Florida|
|05 Aug||Departing from Port Canaveral, Orlando, Florida|
|07 Aug 08:00 - 16:00||Grand Turk Island|
|08 Aug 13:00 - 20:00||San Juan, Puerto Rico|
|09 Aug 10:00 - 20:00||Basseterre, St Kitts Island|
|10 Aug 08:00 - 17:00||Philipsburg, St Maarten Island, Dutch Antilles|
|13 Aug||Arriving in Port Canaveral, Orlando, Florida|
|16 Sep||Departing from Port Canaveral, Orlando, Florida|
|18 Sep 08:00 - 16:00||Grand Turk Island|
|19 Sep 13:00 - 20:00||San Juan, Puerto Rico|
|20 Sep 10:00 - 20:00||Basseterre, St Kitts Island|
|21 Sep 08:00 - 17:00||Philipsburg, St Maarten Island, Dutch Antilles|
|24 Sep||Arriving in Port Canaveral, Orlando, Florida|
Carnival Magic Itineraries 2018
The below listed Carnival Magic cruise prices on 2018 itineraries are only indicative and Per Person (in US dollars, based on double occupancy). These are the cheapest Carnival Cruise Line fares on the ship’s lowest category cabins available for booking. Cruise fares typically change with departure dates approaching, last minute deals, discounts, promotions, independent travel agency offers.