MS Viking Spirit Review and Specifications
Specifications of MS Viking Spirit
|Builder||Royal IHC Merwede Shipyards|
|Speed||13 kn / 24 kph / 15 mph|
|Length (LOA)||114 m / 374 ft|
|Beam (width)||11.4 m / 37 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||5000 gt|
|Passengers||75 - 150|
|Decks with cabins||3|
Review of MS Viking Spirit
The Viking Spirit boat cruises on Seine River, departing from Paris, France.
Viking Spirit river cruise ship
Viking Spirit, Viking Neptune and Viking Pride are sister ships which set the bar for river sailing in Europe right after their launch in 2001. They boast beautifully designed public areas and wraparound decks allowing guests to enjoy nature in the open air whenever they wish. Each ship accommodates 150 passengers in spacious staterooms. See Europe while sunbathing on the beautiful Sun deck with shaded sitting area and 360-deg. views. Enjoy the cozy restaurant, observation bar and lounge with panoramic windows. On board ship you will find 75 outside staterooms (12 Standard and 63 Deluxe), a library and boutique. Benefit from the free wireless internet service shipwide.
Viking Spirit river cruise prices are per person and based on double occupancy. These are only indicative Viking cruise rates. They might be different when you book your Viking River Cruises France cruisetour deals, influenced by travel agency promotions, special offers and discounts, group travel booking or last-minute deals rates. On some Viking Spirit's Seine cruise tours, the line offers round-trip USA airfare discount deals (on select cabins or itineraries/dates).
MS Viking Spirit itineraries
Follows the list of Viking Spirit river cruise itineraries as themes, officially announced by the Viking Cruises line:
- "PARIS and THE HEART OF NORMANDY" are 7-days Seine river cruises from Paris (round-trip). These deals are inclusive of 6 complimentary land tours/excursions. "Cruising Only" deals are the 5-day Paris roundtrip itinerary.
- Day 2 - half-day long Paris bus tour
- Day 3 - Vernon, short coach travel to Giverny (gardens, Claude Monet farmhouse).
- Day 4 - scenic Normandy river cruise to Rouen (overnight dock)
- Day 5 - full-day long Normandy Beaches tour (WWII-themed, American Military Cemetery, D-Day Museum)
- Day 6 - Les Andelys (Chateau Gaillard castle tour), evening arrival in Conflans (overnight dock)
- Day 7 - Conflans (optional tour to Versailles Palace), afternoon Seine cruise to Paris
- Day 8 - disembarkation, optional 3-night Paris luxury hotel package.
- Note: "Cruising Only" deals are the 5-day Paris roundtrip itinerary.
Next is listed an exemplary itinerary with port dates:
- 6-day from Paris - Nov 07 (Paris, dep), Nov 08 (Vernon), Nov 09 (Rouen), Nov 10 (Normandy Beaches), Nov 11 (Les Andelys), Nov 12 (Conflans-Sainte-Honorine), Nov 13 (Paris)
MS Viking Spirit wiki
Year built 2001
Passenger capacity / crew capacity 150 / 40
Dimensions (Gross tonnage weight / LOA length) 4,500 tons / 375 ft (114 m)
Flag State (registered in) Germany
Ship builder IHC Merwede Shipyards (Holland)
Building cost USD -
Ship owner Viking Cruises
Operator Viking River Cruises
Christened by Ellen-Karine Hagen
Official website link VikingRiverCruises.com
Accident reports and news CruiseMinus.com
MS Viking Spirit cabinsTypes/Categories (number, location), high to low
MS Viking Spirit related cruise news
TPG Capital and Canada Pension Plan Investment Board intend to make a joint US$ 500 M investment in parent company Viking Cruises for...September 14, 2016