Crystal Esprit Review and Specifications
Specifications of Crystal Esprit
|Year built||1991 / Age : 29|
|Builder||Flender-Werft AG (Lubeck, Germany)|
|Owner||(GHK) Genting Hong Kong Ltd|
|Operator||Crystal Yacht Cruises|
|Speed||16 kn / 30 kph / 18 mph|
|Length (LOA)||85 m / 279 ft|
|Beam (width)||14 m / 46 ft|
|Gross Tonnage||3341 gt|
|Passengers||62 - 71|
|Decks with cabins||2|
|Former names||MegaStar Taurus, Aurora I, Lady Diana|
|Christened by||Lady Gaenor Anne Meakes|
Review of Crystal Esprit
Launched in 1991, Crystal Esprit cruise ship (formerly MegaStar Taurus) is one of Crystal Yacht Cruises vessels - with fleetmate Crystal Endeavor (2020). Both superyachts are owned by GHK (Genting Hong Kong).
History - construction and ownership
One of the top-luxury passenger shipping companies, Crystal Cruises operates both ocean and river cruises on premium liners and newbuild riverboats with all-inclusive travel package deals. Company's ships are top-ranked in numerous categories, offer intimate cruising experience, 5-star hotel amenities, superior service. The company was founded in 1988 as a subsidiary of the Japanese NYK Line (Nippon Yusen Kaisha) - one of world's largest container shipping companies. In 2015, NYK Line sold Crystal Cruises to Genting Hong Kong (GHK). Following the acquisition, the company was renamed to Crystal Ltd. It currently includes the brands Crystal Cruises (ocean-going ships), Crystal River Cruises (European riverboats), Crystal Yacht Cruises (mega-yachts), Crystal Luxury Air (aircraft) and Crystal AirCruises (fly-cruise deals).
The 75-passenger mega-yacht Crystal Esprit was launched by Crystal Yacht Cruises (a division of Crystal Cruises) in Seychelles on December 20, 2015. Boat's inauguration marked a milestone for the company, expanding from its longtime fleet of two ocean-going liners (Symphony and Serenity) into the premium yachting (2015) and river cruising (2016) markets.
The christening ceremony took place at Eden Island Marina in Victoria (Mahe Island). It was attended by travel partners, local dignitaries, and executives from the new parent company of Crystal, Genting Hong Kong (GHK).
The cruise ship features one 2-person submarine, four 10-passenger zodiacs, and a 32-passenger yacht tender. Esprit has 3 dining venues, 3 bars and lounges, 1 swimming pool and 2 jacuzzies. The aft marina platform is used for various water sports with complimentary equipment - water and jet skis, wakeboards, sea kayaks, snorkeling, and scuba gear. Complimentary bicycles are also provided on all shore excursions.
Mini submarine's 30-min ride costs USD 600 per person. Crystal Esprit cruise prices start from around USD 900 per person per day.
Cruise itinerary program
The Crystal Cruises Esprit yacht features a shallow draft and offers exclusive visits to the smallest ports and islands of the world that are inaccessible for larger cruise ships. The maiden voyage of Esprit is a 7-night cruise around the Seychelles islands. It is followed by a 2-night land program in Dubai, just in time for the New Year's Eve. The inaugural season of Crystal Esprit will feature itineraries in Holy Land and the Middle East, Mediterranean and Adriatic Coast, Seychelles and the Indian Ocean. Complimentary adventure tours are available in ports of call, as well as more boutique, extra-fee excursions.
However, at the end of February 2016, due to "technical upgrades" Crystal Cruises canceled the following inaugural itineraries:
- March 26-April 3 from Aqaba to Limassol, Cyprus
- April 3-April 10 from Limassol to Athens/Piraeus, Greece
- April 10-April 17 from Athens/Piraeus to Dubrovnik, Croatia
- Crystal Esprit's program from April 17 (7-day Dubrovnik to Venice) onward continued as scheduled.
In November 2016, Crystal Cruises announced yacht's redeployment to Caribbean (November 2017) for roundtrips leaving every Sunday from Marigot Bay (Saint Martin Island), on 2 alternating 7-day itineraries. The first itinerary visited St Barthelemy and 4 BVI ports. The second itinerary was to the islands Anguilla, Saba, Nevis, St Barthelemy, and St Martin.
In October-December 2019, the yacht was deployed in the Red Sea to operate on 7-11-day itineraries (combinable into B2Bs / back-to-back cruises). The Red Sea cruise program featured overnights in UAE (Dubai and Abu Dhabi) and visits to Sir Bani Yas Island, Mina Salman (Bahrain), Doha (Qatar), Sokhna (Egypt / Giza pyramids tour), Eilat (Israel), Muscat (Oman).
For season 2021, Crystal Esprit cruises on the following itineraries:
- "Turquoise Coast of Turkey" - three 10-day itineraries along Turkish Riviera
- "Dalmatian Coast" - twenty-two 7-day itineraries visiting Croatia, Slovenia, and Montenegro
- "Seychelles" - nine 7-day itineraries to Laraie Bay, Curieuse Island, and Mahe
- "Greek Isles" - five 7-day voyages
- "The United Arab Emirates" - four 6-7-9-12-day itineraries in the Arabian Gulf
- "Holy Lands" - two 8- and 11-day itineraries visiting Cyprus, Israel, Egypt, Jordan
Crystal Esprit’s 2021 cruise bookings opened in December 2018, with fares starting from USD 4150 pp. Book Now Savings offered up to USD 2000 per cabin for bookings made through February 28, 2019.
All Crystal Esprit cabins are outside-view, categorized as suites. The yacht does not have any Balcony rooms. Even the biggest and most luxurious accommodation, the Owner's Suite (515 ft2), lacks a private veranda. This little ship offers six connecting rooms and does not have wheelchair accessible cabins. There are a total of 31 staterooms in 5 categories.
Shipboard dining options - Food and Drinks
Crystal Esprit offers multiple dining venues: main dining room restaurant (multicourse dinners), outdoor cafe (casual al fresco lunches), self-serve snack spot (for midnight snacks), grill, 24-hour room service.
Follows the complete list of Crystal Esprit restaurants and food bars.
- The Pantry (buffet restaurant/midnight snack bar) is open 24 hours and operates as a self-service bistro. It offers specialty teas and coffees, wine bar, light snacks, and pastries.
- Compass Room (wine bar; specialty dining venue, reservation-only)
- Yacht Club Restaurant (Main Dining Room) offers waiter-served Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner with contemporary and traditional gourmet specialties. Food is prepared with locally sourced freshest ingredients.
- Patio Cafe (Yacht Club’s outdoor extension / alternative alfresco restaurant) features light food menu choices and offers waiter-served Breakfast and Lunch.
- Both (Yacht Club Restaurant and Patio Cafe) offer made-to-order food (waffles, pancakes, omelets, sandwiches).
- Health Bar offers fresh-made fruit and vegetable juices, healthy lunch options (pasta, risottos, seafood, meat, made-to-order antipasti, raw and salad bar, a la carte menu with local (cruise itinerary/destination) based dishes.
- Sunset Bar & Grill (casual outdoor fast-food bar) offers wraps, burgers, locally inspired street food.
Shipboard entertainment options - Fun and Sport
The all-suite yacht offers a couple of bars, an aft marina with complimentary jet skis, kayaks, fishing, and snorkeling equipment. Bicycles are available for guest use in port. Crystal Esprit also carries a small submarine for 30-minute rides to 2 passengers at a time for USD 600 per person.
Follows the complete list of Crystal Esprit lounges, clubs and other entertainment venues for kids, teens, and adults.
- Submersible marina platform (this one is used for water sports activities; the aquatic equipment/complimentary provided “water toys” include sea kayaks, water skis, jet skis, a wakeboard, scuba & snorkeling gear, fishing rods; two Zodiacs/inflatable boats/10-passenger capacity each, are used for ship-to-shore transportation and on adventure tours; a 3-seat submarine is available for underwater exploration; additionally, the Esprit has a 12-passenger 32-foot yacht tender for special boating expeditions and also provides complimentary bicycles to use ashore)
- Crystal Spa & Salon (medispa services)
- Doctor (all massage treatments/medical consultations are performed by licensed doctors; Crystal Cruises passengers can attend complimentary enrichment seminars)
- Casino (with 3 gambling tables for blackjack)
- yacht tender (12-passenger)
- Cove (Main Lounge/entertainment venue, served by ship's Cove Bar)
- Sunset Pool (swimming pool); two large-size jacuzzies; sundeck (sunbathing area)
- Sunset Gym (Fitness Room; treadmill, exercise bike, Kinesis machines, elliptical machines, free weights, yoga mats)
- Crystal Adventures shore program features a variety of cultural, sporting and exploration activities: themed photography, health, and meditation, beauty and wellness, drone flying).
Crystal Esprit - user reviews and comments
Photos of Crystal EspritAdd Photo
Crystal Esprit ship related cruise news
- Cruise Industry
Crystal Yacht Expedition Cruises announced the complete 2021 deployment for its Crystal Esprit. 45 voyages will combine line’s signature...December 9, 2018
- Cruise Industry
The 62-passenger boutique yacht of Crystal Yacht Expedition Cruises, Crystal Esprit, will offer a full season of Arabian Peninsula itineraries...May 3, 2018
- Cruise Industry
With the visit planned by Crystal Esprit to Port Castello (Castellon de la Plana, Spain) a total of 6 calls are planned for 2019 at the port...April 19, 2018
- Cruise Industry
People who board the 62-passenger expedition yacht Crystal Esprit, that sails to the Adriatic and West Indies, will benefit from an extra special...November 15, 2017
- show more news
Other Crystal Yacht Cruises cruise ships
Crystal Esprit Wiki
Crystal Esprit joined the fleet in 2015. Crystal Yacht Cruises (GHK's new brand) debuted with the Esprit yacht on December 23, 2015. The exotic around the world cruise itineraries of this top-luxury yacht include Mediterranean (French and Italian Rivieras, Adriatic Sea, Greek Isles) and Asia (Seychelles, Arabian Gulf). Its all-inclusive fares for a 4-day voyage start from around USD 2700 per person (or ~USD 600 pp per day).
Ship's godmother is Lady Gaenor Anne Meakes - at the time fiancee of Mark Richards (8-time champion skipper of the Sydney-to-Hobart 628-mile yacht race). The christening ceremony was held on December 20, 2015, at Eden Island Marina in Victoria (Mahe Island, Seychelles). The ship was christened by breaking a 2004 Louis Roederer, Cristal Brut wine bottle into the hull. The special event also featured a fireworks show.
The megayacht's maiden voyage (Dec 23-30) was a 7-night Seychelles Islands cruise from Victoria (Mahe) ending in Dubai UAE. Inaugural cruise prices started from USD 3240 per person (booked by October 31, 2015). During its inaugural season, the Esprit yacht sailed in Europe (Mediterranean), and Indian Ocean (Seychelles). Complimentary tours are available in all ports of call along the itineraries. At extra cost are offered more boutique excursions ashore.
Itineraries 2016 changes
Due to planned refurbishment that took longer than expected, the following Crystal Esprit itineraries in the Mediterranean were officially canceled:
- (March 27 - April 2) 6-days Aqaba to Limassol, visiting Suez Canal, Ashdod, Haifa, Larnaca
- (March 27 - April 10) 14-days Aqaba to Athens, visiting Suez Canal, Ashdod, Haifa, Larnaca, Limassol, Paphos, Kas, Marmaris, Rhodes, Kos, Paros
- (April 3 - April 10) 7-days Limassol to Athens, visiting Paphos, Kas, Marmaris, Rhodes, Kos, Paros
- (April 3 - April 17) 14-days Limassol to Dubrovnik Croatia, visiting Paphos, Kas, Marmaris, Rhodes, Kos, Paros, Athens/Piraeus, Nafplion, Hydra, Itea, Parga, Corfu, Kotor
- (April 10 - April 17) 7-days Athens to Dubrovnik Croatia, visiting Nafplion, Hydra, Itea, Parga, Corfu, Kotor, Dubrovnik, Kotor
- (April 10 - April 23) 13-days Athens to Venice, visiting Nafplion, Hydra, Itea, Parga, Corfu, Kotor, Dubrovnik, Kotor, Split, Zadar, Opatija, Piran
- (April 17 - April 23) 6-days Dubrovnik to Venice, visiting Kotor, Split, Zadar, Opatija, Piran
- (April 17 - May 1) 14-days round-trip from Dubrovnik Croatia, visiting Kotor, Split, Zadar, Opatija, Piran, Venice, Rovinj, Sibenik, Trogir, Vis, Hvar, Korcula
The yacht's itinerary program continued as scheduled from April 24, 2016 (leaving from Venice Italy).
Crystal Esprit Itineraries
The below listed Crystal Esprit cruise prices on itineraries are only indicative and Per Person (in US dollars, based on double occupancy). These are the cheapest Crystal Cruises fares on the ship’s lowest category cabins available for booking. Cruise fares typically change with departure dates approaching, last minute deals, discounts, promotions, independent travel agency offers.
|Date||Cruise Name||Departure Port||Price from|
|2020 May 24||7 days, one-way from Dubrovnik to Split||Dubrovnik||$4932|
|2020 May 31||7 days, one-way from Venice to Dubrovnik||Venice||$5163|
|2020 Jun 07||7 days, one-way from Dubrovnik to Piraeus||Dubrovnik||$5586|
|2020 Jun 14||7 days, round-trip Secrets of the Cyclades||Piraeus||$5586|
|2020 Jun 21||7 days, one-way from Piraeus to Dubrovnik||Piraeus||$5663|
|2020 Jun 28||7 days, one-way from Dubrovnik to Split||Dubrovnik||$5663|
|2020 Jul 05||7 days, one-way from Venice to Dubrovnik||Venice||$5663|
|2020 Jul 12||7 days, one-way from Dubrovnik to Split||Dubrovnik||$5663|
|2020 Jul 19||7 days, one-way from Venice to Dubrovnik||Venice||$5663|
|2020 Jul 26||7 days, one-way from Dubrovnik to Piraeus||Dubrovnik||$5663|
|2020 Aug 02||7 days, round-trip Secrets of the Cyclades||Piraeus||$5663|
|2020 Aug 09||7 days, one-way from Piraeus to Dubrovnik||Piraeus||$5470|
|2020 Aug 16||7 days, one-way from Dubrovnik to Split||Dubrovnik||$5470|
|2020 Sep 20||7 days, one-way from Piraeus to Dubrovnik||Piraeus||$4509|
|2020 Sep 27||7 days, one-way from Dubrovnik to Split||Dubrovnik||$4509|
|2020 Oct 04||7 days, one-way from Venice to Dubrovnik||Venice||$4509|
|2020 Oct 25||7 days, one-way from Dubrovnik to Piraeus||Dubrovnik||$4817|
|2020 Nov 01||9 days, one-way from Piraeus to Larnaca||Piraeus||$5464|
|2020 Nov 10||11 days, one-way from Larnaca to Aqaba||Larnaca||$6726|
|2020 Dec 01||8 days, round-trip Emirates Immersion||Dubai||$4861|
|2020 Dec 09||7 days, round-trip Emirates Yacht Adventure||Dubai||$4239|
|2020 Dec 16||7 days, round-trip Emirates Yacht Adventure||Dubai||$4239|
|2020 Dec 23||11 days, round-trip Emirates New Year's Eve||Dubai||$8997|
Crystal Esprit User Reviews
There are no user reviews for this ship. Be first, share your experience!Write a Review